users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 162 163 164
By SimonSes 2022-10-21 07:46:38
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
So in theory a fast group could go down, clear whatever they want from that zone, then back up to enter another basement zone and so on until you run out of time.
Correct?

As a solo player, I am only jumping into the basement zones to do the easy coffers and exiting after that.

* Casket #F1 Interact with the Blitzer in area F while 5/5 pieces of Empyrean armor are all equiped or all lockstyled.
* Casket #G1 Stand still next to the Bitzer for 30 seconds with it targeted.
* Chest #E Vanquish Esurient Botulus using Weapon Skills from behind it.

Basically I zone in, Sneak/Invis with items, then run to the Blitzer. F1 is pretty safe since it is just elementals. G1 requires dropping invisible to pop the coffer and use the Blitzer to exit near sight aggro mobs, so need to time it properly. After killing Botulus, I will stay in area E and kill until timeout.

Killing Botulus is probably a time waste.
Killing anything in E is also a time waste unless your target is to get blue or red chests.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-21 08:18:11
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Killing anything in E is also a time waste unless your target is to get blue or red chests.

Basically, I am just trying to maximize my chances for Starstones, none so far.

I did the four NMs and pop the upper floor Aurum coffer. Since the Metal/Shard A chests got messed up after update, I skipped Ghatjot and went for the 3 easier chests in the basement to try my luck.
By SimonSes 2022-10-21 08:26:53
Link | Citer | R

Basically, I am just trying to maximize my chances for Starstones, none so far.

I did the four NMs and pop the upper floor Aurum coffer. Since the Metal/Shard A chests got messed up after update, I skipped Ghatjot and went for the 3 easier chests in the basement to try my luck.

Botulus chest can't drop Starstone and killing mobs in E without doing it specifically for one of the chests also wont give you Starstone, that's why I think it's a waste of time.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-21 08:40:30
Link | Citer | R

Botulus chest can't drop Starstone and killing mobs in E without doing it specifically for one of the chests also wont give you Starstone, that's why I think it's a waste of time.

I will try switching to Casket #E1 and Casket #E2.

Casket #H1 is easier but don't have the entry item for Area H yet. Would probably take a dedicated run to clear all the fomors in Area D solo.
 Asura.Splendid
Serveur: Asura
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2022-10-21 09:28:51
Link | Citer | R

Casket #H1 is easier but don't have the entry item for Area H yet. Would probably take a dedicated run to clear all the fomors in Area D solo.

I feel like we are just assuming that killing all the fomors in area D is the only way to gain access to the basement. Has anyone noticed the fact that Deleterious cycles appearances? You also can get a chest by killing three fomors after it dies. Would it be a stretch to suggest that maybe you need to kill either three mobs that wear similar AF pieces of the same race, or a certain group of them? Because, I mean, if you kill all of them it will cover this sort of thing—just a thought.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-21 10:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Question about Chest #B5.
"Walk from the start". Can you cheat and use the locked gates (provided you have the keys of course) or do you really have to do the full walk?

Also in the E/F/G/H zones, is there any mob that has true sight/sound aggro?
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-10-21 10:23:04
Link | Citer | R

Question about Chest #B5.
"Walk from the start". Can you cheat and use the locked gates (provided you have the keys of course) or do you really have to do the full walk?

Walking from the locked gates is still walking. I went straight forward from the start through D to Device A then south in just under 2 mins last night. Still got the plate.

Asura.Splendid said: »

I feel like we are just assuming that killing all the fomors in area D is the only way to gain access to the basement. Has anyone noticed the fact that Deleterious cycles appearances? You also can get a chest by killing three fomors after it dies. Would it be a stretch to suggest that maybe you need to kill either three mobs that wear similar AF pieces of the same race, or a certain group of them? Because, I mean, if you kill all of them it will cover this sort of thing—just a thought.

It is possible. We did significant investigating into this so far as to parse his armor and ensure we were killing the right things back at the start of Sortie (prior to the basement and knowing the job list order). It may make a difference since the system to spawn his properties appears to be unique in the game, but nothing ever came of it. I can return it to blue in the guide node I made if you'd prefer but we have killed a good chunk of them without getting the plate until they were all down. It is possible we didn't kill the right combination but I'm starting to doubt it.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-10-21 10:26:45
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

The chest doesn't spawn until the very last fomor in the zone dies. Yes, you have to kill them all. I speak from experience here.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-10-21 10:37:22
Link | Citer | R

Missed this part.

Also as far as I am aware nothing agros true. However, enemies in the basement have a vagary style party hate mechanic, or worse. If anything has agro on a single member of the party, even sneak'd/invis'd people will also be placed on its hate list regardless of distance from whoever did the agro. This makes it a little annoying to try and cheese the H blue chest by sending one person forward alone.

Might only be true in H but it is very relevant there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-21 10:52:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »

Missed this part.

Also as far as I am aware nothing agros true. However, enemies in the basement have a vagary style party hate mechanic, or worse. If anything has agro on a single member of the party, even sneak'd/invis'd people will also be placed on its hate list regardless of distance from whoever did the agro. This makes it a little annoying to try and cheese the H blue chest by sending one person forward alone.

Might only be true in H but it is very relevant there.

I can't speak to whether it's all mobs in the basement - guess I have a new project for my next science run - but there are definitely some in F and G at least. One run, I was doing a solo dash through F to trip the naakuals while the rest of the party waited at the entrance; bitzer was in the pixie room, and one spotted me as I left. A few minutes later, one angry pixie's rushing the party as we set up to fight some baby delve bosses.

Exciting new MPK opportunities await in this month's brand-new Sortie basement experience...
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-10-21 11:39:10
Link | Citer | R

Dark Ixion appears to be truesight. He aggroed our bard the other day when he ran past, and the bard was stealthed at the time.
By drakefs 2022-10-21 15:13:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
The chest doesn't spawn until the very last fomor in the zone dies. Yes, you have to kill them all. I speak from experience here.

Have you, or anyone else, tried killing all formors in the D boss entrance room and then checking?

Edit: Well the room right before the boss teleport.
By Vaerix 2022-10-21 16:36:38
Link | Citer | R

drakefs said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »

Have you, or anyone else, tried killing all formors in the D boss entrance room and then checking?

Edit: Well the room right before the boss teleport.

I'm not sure anyone has attempted this but feel free to try and report back your findings, deleterious isn't a part of the objective if that makes anyone feel better, got sheet after killing every normal fomor, deleterious was prob in A past a door when we ran through.

Killing all normal fomors works without fail tho.
By SimonSes 2022-10-21 19:04:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jokes said: »
What’s everyone’s luck with stars so far? We’ve done a run every day for the past week and got 30 smelly old cases. Close to just calling it a day with terrible content. The effort/reward ratio is way off.

I got 3 so far, but none from the with main static runs (4 per week). In static we are currently like 0/??. At least 5 boss kills, 10(?) red and 30+ blue.
Funny enough I got 2 Stars in one run IN A ROW from Red then blue and 3rd one I got on totally miserable run that started with wipe and in which I only got like 1 red and 3 blues.

5 Blue and 2 Red today. No Starstone again
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-10-21 19:49:42
Link | Citer | R

We managed to kill the zone H boss tonight. NQ case for the effort.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-10-21 21:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Got Pitzer F coffer no starstone with 5/5 empy set legs was +1 only 300 muffins XD and death..well at least this is easy way for soloer get startones...oh and didn't summon trusts this time.. previous try was with trusts no coffer ..

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2022-10-21 22:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Went into #E tonight, got 4/4 on objectives, but when we tried to use the boss portal to fight Dhartok, we got the message "It appears to currently be unusable".

On Dhartok's wiki page it claims that you need Plate #E to access the boss, but nowhere on the bgwiki sortie page does it mention anything about Plate #E. Additionally, there's no wiki page for Plate #E.

Am I missing something?
By Serjero 2022-10-21 22:57:12
Link | Citer | R

All the lower level shards are obtained from killing their associated upper floor boss. A gives you E, B-F, C-G, D-H.
By Chimerawizard 2022-10-21 23:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
Went into #E tonight, got 4/4 on objectives, but when we tried to use the boss portal to fight Dhartok, we got the message "It appears to currently be unusable".

On Dhartok's wiki page it claims that you need Plate #E to access the boss, but nowhere on the bgwiki sortie page does it mention anything about Plate #E. Additionally, there's no wiki page for Plate #E.

Am I missing something?
plate? you mean Shard #E? Sortie#Major NMs.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2022-10-22 00:28:18
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »

I don't know what I mean. As I mentioned, it says on Dhartok's BGWiki Page the following:

Quote:
Found past Diaphanous Device #E in Sector E of Sortie. Need a Ra'Kaznar Plate #E to access.

We couldn't enter the boss area in #E earlier, and when I went to Dhartok's page it says that I need an item that I can't find a reference to anywhere else.

Apparently we need to go kill #A boss again since we haven't since the last update. That information didn't seem to be very clear on the Sortie page, and definitely not on Dhartok's page.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-22 00:47:36
Link | Citer | R

The wiki is not completely accurate and in some cases flat out wrong or misleading, because anyone can edit it without any verification. The content is still new, so some information may take some time to get there or get fleshed out. Sometimes it get fixed, corrected, removed, etc. Takes time.

For instance, it says all 4 upper floor boss NMs drop rate for Old Case +1 is "VC" (Very common, ~24%), but that categorization seems way off the actual drop rate. It's like closer to 5-10% in my experience.
By Agrestic 2022-10-22 01:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
Chimerawizard said: »

I don't know what I mean. As I mentioned, it says on Dhartok's BGWiki Page the following:

Quote:
Found past Diaphanous Device #E in Sector E of Sortie. Need a Ra'Kaznar Plate #E to access.

We couldn't enter the boss area in #E earlier, and when I went to Dhartok's page it says that I need an item that I can't find a reference to anywhere else.

Apparently we need to go kill #A boss again since we haven't since the last update. That information didn't seem to be very clear on the Sortie page, and definitely not on Dhartok's page.
You need Sheet A (touch Bitzer A while not wearing any equipment) to enter Sector E via Bitzer A, and Shard E (from Ghatjot) to use Gadget E to fight Dhartok.

'plate E' feels like a typo on the wiki.
 Ragnarok.Magicobandito
user: awcoburn
By Ragnarok.Magicobandito 2022-10-22 01:24:20
Link | Citer | R

Fixed the wiki to say Shard #E
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-22 01:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Was able to resist all binds on G boss using bar bliz + Soul voice ice carol 1 + 2 + addle 2 with sab. Not sure how much is really needed.
By klayy 2022-10-22 02:58:12
Link | Citer | R

I would warn people -- soloers really -- from targeting the "easy" H bitzer chest early. You can absolutely get hosed on it.

It can be in the 12 fomor room with them all over it. Once you go in, the only way out is the bitzer. If you fail to get out without aggro, kinda could be the end of your run. Even in a pt, I'd advise saving yourself like 5-8 minutes at the end and going for it then if you have time.

Mobs have pt aggro there. We had an easy enough bitzer location but someone aggroed right at they exited. The NIN immediately U-turned and bolted for the rest of the pt at the start of the zone I think. Was too fast for the guy to zone back in. The NIN seemed to only link with other NINs. But yeah, things can go sideways really fast. I dont think they can be slept (at all? not easily if possible) break and bind idk. I'm a COR, nothing I can do lol. tbh the only way out is to hope they come for someone with bolters and shadows. Everyone else gets out, the kiter tries to run around and gain enough separation to gtfo.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-22 03:44:33
Link | Citer | R

From this I get that you can't do that objective while invi/sneaked, right?

I know the /hurray one for B doesn't work if you're invisible, for instance.
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 162 163 164