Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 162 163 164
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2022-10-20 09:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Now to figure out how to make the Starstone's drop more often. Any takers on the lucky rabbet foot theory for whomever opens the coffer?
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-10-20 09:50:47
Link | Citer | R

You could try bringing a thief for treasure hunter on the bosses I guess. I don't think it'll be a problem in the long term though. We need 70k galla for a +3 upgrade. I've seen two starstones drop in the time it took us to farm 100k galla. The increased cost for the upgrade counterbalances the need for having more of the gems up front. And over time we'll figure out ways to make runs more efficient, thus increasing average droprates because we'll be hitting objectives faster and more frequently.

Also I can confirm that the average old coffer quality feels much higher in the new sections. I've seen more +1 old cases in the past week and a half than I did in the two months of doing the original sortie area prior to that. Gives hope for at least getting a +1 on any given job with some run spammage.
By SimonSes 2022-10-20 10:10:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
You could try bringing a thief for treasure hunter on the bosses I guess. I don't think it'll be a problem in the long term though. We need 70k galla for a +3 upgrade. I've seen two starstones drop in the time it took us to farm 100k galla. The increased cost for the upgrade counterbalances the need for having more of the gems up front. And over time we'll figure out ways to make runs more efficient, thus increasing average droprates because we'll be hitting objectives faster and more frequently.

Also I can confirm that the average old coffer quality feels much higher in the new sections. I've seen more +1 old cases in the past week and a half than I did in the two months of doing the original sortie area prior to that. Gives hope for at least getting a +1 on any given job with some run spammage.

I got one +1 case in 50 boss/red/blue combined, so I cant support this theory of higher drop rate for +1
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-10-20 10:22:07
Link | Citer | R

Following up on Melliny's post about Gartell, we had an interesting encounter with it the other day. After a wipe, I (SCH) sat outside the door to the boss arena while a member reraised while in aggro range of Gartell. It aggrod and killed them as expected, then proceeded to clip through the door and follow me outside of its area while attacking me. Only after zoning completely out of the boss arena did it de-aggro. So that was cool. Flans in E seemed to have party-wide aggro as well, as a side-note. Any players within party will apparently have enmity despite not acting on them.
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-20 10:26:51
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »

I got one +1 case in 50 boss/red/blue combined, so I cant support this theory of higher drop rate for +1

I think the way its implemented is that a NQ coffer can become an HQ when dropped. (when sortie first came out, it was possible to get HQ on one char and NQ on others, which leads me to believe that it works this way).

While i dont think the HQ rate is higher, the NQ rate seams significally higher, which would indirectly increase the HQ occurence, if above is true, if not well then not :D

Asura.Hya said: »
Following up on Melliny's post about Gartell, we had an interesting encounter with it the other day. After a wipe, I (SCH) sat outside the door to the boss arena while a member reraised while in aggro range of Gartell. It aggrod and killed them as expected, then proceeded to clip through the door and follow me outside of its area while attacking me. Only after zoning completely out of the boss arena did it de-aggro. So that was cool. Flans in E seemed to have party-wide aggro as well, as a side-note. Any players within party will apparently have enmity despite not acting on them.

i think all mobs in the second area have party aggro, atleast dullahans and hounds did have party aggro on our last run.

I wonder if you can cheese around fethers and clouds by sacrificing someone inside the bossroom and pulling it, by party aggro, outside.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-10-20 11:15:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hya said: »

All monsters on the new floor seem to be party aggro.

The other day, our COR aggroed slimes/slugs on the way to clear flans, and tried dying so we didn't have to waste time on them -- but they all came after us anyway.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-10-20 12:43:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Helmaru said: »
I think the way its implemented is that a NQ coffer can become an HQ when dropped. (when sortie first came out, it was possible to get HQ on one char and NQ on others, which leads me to believe that it works this way).

While i dont think the HQ rate is higher, the NQ rate seams significally higher, which would indirectly increase the HQ
I think you might be misremembering. I've seen well over a hundred case drops in a full party (so 600+ cases), and maybe 10-15 +1 cases (so about 60-90 total +1 cases), and heard and seen accounts of many, many more, and I've NEVER had or seen a instance where all six drops didn't match quality.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-10-20 12:44:07
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Zenion said: »
bee > trex > shark > bird > tree > cat

We did Bee > Shark > Dino > Bird > Tree > Cat and got it.

It's the order confirmed by Rua. He wrote

Quote:
(These 3 might be interchangable)
Bztavian > Rockfin > Gabbrath

but that was a maybe. You just did it in wrong order killing Dino before Shark.

Been kind of curious about the kill order or how much it matters.

Killed last night Bird -> Bee -> Lion -> Trex -> Shark -> Tree (or Tree -> Shark can't 100% remember which was last, but I know the rest is right) and we got the chest. It didn't spawn right away, thought it glitched when all of a sudden then chest appeared. Kind of wondering if maybe it's either just not showing up or has a delay so people are missing it?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2022-10-20 13:40:49
Link | Citer | R

jp site is saying coffer H is alphabetical kill order, and Casket F1 is wear 5/5 empy when clicking it (possibly only as style lock; idk google translated to rock style).
 Fenrir.Velner
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-10-20 13:41:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
has anyone managed or attempted to full clear the vampires in G? we ran out of time but planned to since there is a room full of them similar to flans and veela

I have but did not receive a chest.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-20 13:49:21
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
jp site is saying coffer H is alphabetical kill order, and Casket F1 is wear 5/5 empy when clicking it (possibly only as style lock; idk google translated to rock style).

Yeah there's no R in Japanese, it translates to L in that language, so Google translate is coming back correctly.

Interesting you have to be wearing 5/5 Empyrean to get it. Is this the first objective in Sortie that requires you to have outside items available to you too unlock? Can't think of any other objectives that needed you to bring something into the zone

I assume it doesn't have to be the job that you're on, so you can lockstyle to any 5 pieces of Empyrean, even if they aren't of the same set? Weird

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-20 14:18:15
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
Did E boss again tonight with metal (all behind botulus except RUN dropped this again for us). Run tanked it no problem, clobbering was a non issue. Moved around the poison mists and used SCH Fusion -> Trueflight to down it in about 3 mins.

Went into F boss today and he rocked our ***. Started with Wind hand up took ok damage. Put up thunder hand so both were up and was taking -95% damage from everything for like 5 minutes before thunder went away and damage returned to normal.

At around 60%, Tearing Gust started popping wind fetters with instant gravity, wiped around 40%. We had no metal so not sure what its gonna prevent and what will be actual mechanics to figure out.

instead of fusion u can do infinate skillchain with sch doing fire between trueflights.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-10-20 15:01:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Yeah there's no R in Japanese, it translates to L in that language, so Google translate is coming back correctly.

Incoming Pokemon crossover event! It'll be like the dragon quest crossover event, but instead of slime shields and hats we'll get a geodude costume as the reward. /rockstyle on!
 Fenrir.Zenion
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-20 15:27:10
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if F is actually empyrean in lockstyle, or just... you know, be in lockstyle in general. For some people, this is just something they do casually anyway, for others it's something they'd never think to. Guess I'll add it to tomorrow's to-do list.

Today I tried having 16/16 equipment slots filled, no weapons, level 1 sword, dagger, club, and shield equipped (should have equipped something I had no skill from job on, but nothing was handy.) Refresh on, Protect on, Shell on, Protect AND Shell on, job ability active, at least one of each elemental type in the room, using Convert so my HP was at yellow range and lower than my MP, locking on to the teleporter, checking it while invisible, just standing for a second, saying something in party and say. Whole lot of no chest.

No botulus data, but in case it wasn't public knowledge yet, vampyrs (at least in the large vampyr-only room) have party hate. Aggroed my blu after dropping invisible to check the teleporter and chest. After the blu was clear of the hall, they turned and smacked the sneak and invisible right off the geo who had been standing in the same spot doing absolutely nothing. The pixies in the pixie room did the same sort of thing, it might be common to all those rooms and/or the mob types that occupy them.

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
bee > trex > shark > bird > tree > cat

We did Bee > Shark > Dino > Bird > Tree > Cat and got it.

It's the order confirmed by Rua. He wrote

Quote:
(These 3 might be interchangable)
Bztavian > Rockfin > Gabbrath

but that was a maybe. You just did it in wrong order killing Dino before Shark.

Been kind of curious about the kill order or how much it matters.

Killed last night Bird -> Bee -> Lion -> Trex -> Shark -> Tree (or Tree -> Shark can't 100% remember which was last, but I know the rest is right) and we got the chest. It didn't spawn right away, thought it glitched when all of a sudden then chest appeared. Kind of wondering if maybe it's either just not showing up or has a delay so people are missing it?

Kill order seems to matter in hall G, but doesn't seem to be a factor in E and F. Can't say for H, but we've got a lead that it does, and what the order is.

jp site is saying coffer H is alphabetical kill order,
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-20 15:30:05
Link | Citer | R

LS Mate just told me they had tank /fume infront of the boss with metal and DT cap was gone.

Someone please verify this... (have to see it for myself to believe it, that would be very weird)
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-10-20 15:42:15
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if F is actually empyrean in lockstyle, or just... you know, be in lockstyle in general. F

It's not any ole lockstyle. I have never gotten the F Bitzer chest and am always in lockstyle.

*Sadly I am usually lockstyled 4/5 Empyrean with no hat in Sortie. Fail*
[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
Serveur: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2022-10-20 15:43:16
Link | Citer | R

I can confirm that 5/5 Empyrean Lockstyle worked. A mix of +1 and +2 on my RDM.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-20 15:55:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Helmaru said: »
LS Mate just told me they had tank /fume infront of the boss with metal and DT cap was gone.

Someone please verify this... (have to see it for myself to believe it, that would be very weird)

This sounds like a troll. TBH, this whole Sortie ***is DUMB AF. Like I can get behind being creative, but wearing 5/5 empyrean, naked, then killing a pudding in his rectum while flipping off a boss by doing the Degeneration X SUCK IT....come on guys. If we being For REAL FR, this is an absolute joke

im literally cracking tf up right now at the fact they have you kill this slimeball in his ***, but you needed to strip naked before you can enter the basement area. This is all very weird lololol
By SimonSes 2022-10-20 16:02:24
Link | Citer | R

We killed boss F (without metal) and boss G (with metal) today. Nuke setup BLM SCH GEO RUN RDM COR. RUN died at F boss at some point, but I raised him and he took hate back and tanked weakened. We had both hand up at some point, but just survived through it. Run was moving away from each fetter that popped at the edge of the area (so we were in center). COR and RUN was able to do few SCs when SCH didnt have charges. We had SCH crashed twice, which made it slightly more difficult, but still it's not that bad
Now at G boss we wiped to Setting the Stage (around 4.2 or 4.4k damage per target with 6 of us and Luopan). Then we restarted and pulled with solo BLM aggroing it (it did Setting the stage again at start) and getting hit for like 1500MP being solo target. Then we killed it slowly sacrificing RUN to eat Setting the Stage every 3 min. Optimal strategy for this would be SCH Caper Emissarius hate to BLM at 2:55min since start and BLM doing Mana wall and eat Setting the Stage staying near Luopan to split damage into 2 targets, then Enmity Douse to lose hate, so RUN can continue tanking and kill it before another Setting the Stage. Otherwise you would need to sacrifice tank I guess.
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-10-20 16:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Maurauc said: »
I can confirm that 5/5 Empyrean Lockstyle worked. A mix of +1 and +2 on my RDM.

This is great info for soloers doing basic hunt n grabs.

Anyone know if it needs to be 5/5 empyrean for the job you are on? Does it need to all be for the same job?

For instance, can you be on run wearing empyrean rdm hat, thf legs, WAR body etc etc?
By Homsar 2022-10-20 16:43:16
Link | Citer | R

Objectives aside, anyone got some good Gall farming strats?
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-10-20 16:45:26
Link | Citer | R

Homsar said: »

Kill the new bosses. 10k per. If you can knock out two, plus the Sortie 1.0 bosses to get the pops, that's 24k right there.
By Univarsity 2022-10-20 17:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Velner said: »
Homsar said: »

Kill the new bosses. 10k per. If you can knock out two, plus the Sortie 1.0 bosses to get the pops, that's 24k right there.
That's what our group did last night, we killed bosses A>C>G>E plus objectives and NMs in those zones and finished by killing as many mobs as we could to time out in E. We came away with almost 35k last night in a single run.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-10-20 18:22:36
Link | Citer | R

This might be answered allready..but what triggers that locked door in E to open..where naakuals are...been there trapped few times..didnt get even that bitzer room :(
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 162 163 164