First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 162 163 164
 Fenrir.Zenion
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-18 02:47:57
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kuishen said: »
Tonight we bee lined it from entry to Sortie to E, and then to kill Botolus. He was in the first room and we killed it and got the chest. We prebuffed before entering E. Kill was definitely under 2:30 from entering E.

I have the logs from Logger if somebody wants to comb through it.

/shrug I tried magic bursting for good measure, I Addled it, Dia III and I used Sanguine Blade to not screw up skillchain from others.

EDIT: Oh and we went to boss afterwards and it still used Clobbering Wave for over 7k damage to a PLD so we ended up grav kiting and having me WS it down while chasing it around the room. So I don't know what the metal actually does if it doesn't prevent the massive damage from Clobbering Wave.

Got a starstone from it though so at least it was worth the trouble.

EDIT EDIT: After thinking about it, it's possible the Metal made it so that it's moves were only giving us Poison instead of Taint, as my DoTs were being removed during the fight and nobody mentioned getting it.

Okay, that looks like it rules out 4-step, but I see a lot of double Darkness. Two 4-element skillchains in a row (Light > Light or Darkness > Darkness)?
 Asura.Kareman
Serveur: Asura
user: Careman
By Asura.Kareman 2022-10-18 03:01:39
Link | Citer | R

Killed Botulus last night, and got metal.
Went in as RUN PLD THF, just to unlock jobs. Did nothing special, just resolution, rudras and atonements.

Only special thing that happened was that he charmed everyone and wiped all my trusts and became non-claimed again.
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-18 03:40:50
Link | Citer | R

This makes absolutely no sense.

Can people start posting the Day Of The Week along with their testimonies and any skillchains generated?

(Serious request)

I'm asking because in our run where we got it we generated x2 capped damage Fragmentation skillchains (Wind/Thunder) and we fought it on Windsday.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shaedhen
Serveur: Asura
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2022-10-18 04:02:12
Link | Citer | R

Our group is planning to try having at least 3 different people do different WS types on it.

Did anyone try that before and was able to validate if it do work or not ?

Edit : well it didn't work
By ksoze 2022-10-18 04:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Did someone tried leaden as killing blow like the screenshot?

Another thing might be a certain amount of overkill damage
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-18 04:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Our group has done a whole list of things.

~ Zerg rushing it, going hell-for-leather. (X)
~ Killing it with Leaden Salute while it is casting. (X)
~ Killing it with a skillchain. (X)
~ Killing all Flan and Slime in the room it's found in before it. (X)
~ Killing it within 3:00 of entering Section E. (X)
~ Killing the Mini-Naakual before it. (X)
~ Killing it with a multi-step skillchain, in that case Jinpu spam (X).
~ Killing it with only Elemental Weapon Skills, no Physical Weapon Skills. (X)

The next thing we're trying is doing elemental damage of the element that corresponds to the current day of the week when it is engaged. We are trying this because in the previous screenshot we did x2 capped damage Fragmentation skillchains on Windsday. Fragmentation is Wind and Thunder, so there MIGHT be a correlation there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-18 06:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »

Can people start posting the Day Of The Week along with their testimonies and any skillchains generated?

(Serious request)

I'm asking because in our run where we got it we generated x2 capped damage Fragmentation skillchains (Wind/Thunder) and we fought it on Windsday.
This can't be it thf in group got it solo with trust and did light sc darkness and edge sc. It can't be capped magic burst damage either as trust wouldn't hit that. I think you maybe on to something about day of week sadly he doesn't remember what day it was for the game. He did steal blaze spikes with aura steal so maybe ja related? Or like other post said maybe sc on set day only and that's it. Hopefully your test for day and sc works it be closer than what others got.
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-18 06:41:33
Link | Citer | R

We specifically targeted double darkness tonight and got nothing. 99999 Leaden Salute, nothing. It would have been Lightsday when we entered, so... double light skillchain on Fire, Thunder, Wind, Light days, double dark on Earth, Water, Ice, and Dark days? Maybe?
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-18 07:01:25
Link | Citer | R

I'll try some Day of the Week/element correlation later today.
By SimonSes 2022-10-18 07:04:41
Link | Citer | R

I think we did Jinpu during windsday when we get ours, so maybe.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-18 07:33:58
Link | Citer | R

I raise my Earth Crusher up high
 Odin.Shamusde
Serveur: Odin
user: Enobmas
By Odin.Shamusde 2022-10-18 12:31:18
Link | Citer | R

This jp blog has a comment about E Chest, and how it's condition could be "first attacker" and "closing character" being different people. The part about collaboration is referring to skillchaining.

Seems too simple, but maybe it's the opener and closer of a skillchain need to be different people? Has anyone's testimony contradicted this idea?

Second thought is, maybe the party-size (minus trusts) determines the length of skillchain needed?-- ie, 3 player + 3 trusts = 3-step skillchain needed.

Edit* Looks like the blog owner updated the section related to E chest as I was posting.

Here were his comments from before:
Quote:
Defeat Esurient Botulus

(There is a report that "the 1st attacker and the closing character are different characters")

(Is there some kind of collaboration involved?)
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-18 12:43:20
Link | Citer | R

Going in shortly for an E-centric (hah) run, I'll add this to the itinerary.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-18 12:50:10
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Shamusde said: »
This jp blog has a comment about E Chest, and how it's condition could be "first attacker" and "closing character" being different people. The part about collaboration is referring to skillchaining.

Seems too simple, but maybe it's the opener and closer of a skillchain need to be different people? Has anyone's testimony contradicted this idea?

Second thought is, maybe the party-size (minus trusts) determines the length of skillchain needed?-- ie, 3 player + 3 trusts = 3-step skillchain needed.

Edit* Looks like the blog owner updated the section related to E chest as I was posting.

Quote:
Defeat Esurient Botulus

(There is a report that "the 1st attacker and the closing character are different characters")

Is this referring to the chest and metal from botulus?
By klayy 2022-10-18 12:54:21
Link | Citer | R

Killed all four "roamers" in E-H? they dont really roam but no aurum? Anyone else done all 4? raffelsia, naraka, botulus, horse. we did that order but no aurum.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-10-18 12:56:08
Link | Citer | R

klayy said: »
Killed all four "roamers" in E-H? they dont really roam but no aurum? Anyone else done all 4? raffelsia, naraka, botulus, horse. we did that order but no aurum.

We are fairly confident the Aurum is going to be for clearing all four reives. It is very likely it will contain the Ra'kaz Seal.
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-18 12:59:30
Link | Citer | R

Entered Sortie on Lightsday. Entered Hall E on Lightsday. Engaged Esurient Botulus on Lightsday. Defeated Esurient Botulus on Lightsday. Pulled with Paralyze; it tried to cast Quake but I outran it. Used Flash Nova once (16002 damage.) It melee hit me twice. I cast Entomb, hit it with Geo-Malaise, then just kept casting Entomb until it died. Used Burst Affinity whenever possible, and cast Occultation and Erratic Flutter once during fight.

No chest.

So, single weaponskill of element matching day is out. No engage and no autoattack, out. Prevent all TP moves, out. Prevent all casting, probably out since its spell didn't complete. We were both facing east, and I was standing to the east of it, much as I hope that's not it. EDIT: Oh, and since I was chaining petrify and it didn't get to buff up at all, that should rule out "more debuffs than buffs" too.

Odin.Shamusde said: »

Quote:
Defeat Esurient Botulus

So, skillchain between two different characters... we've seen lots of that on chest and non-chest fights alike. Not sure if I can say for opened by puller and closed by someone else, nor that as a killshot.

We've got a log of a fight where four characters were doing three-step skillchains and got it though, so... maybe if it's as many weaponskills as there are party members that could track. So that would be, what, five-step for a six-member party, and just a single skillchain for a duo?

EDIT: No. Disproven by Ruau screenshot. They used Leaden Salute > Trueflight > Leaden Salute > Trueflight > Leaden Salute. No other weaponskills. This could only make a three weaponskill two-step skillchain, and they had six party members.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-18 13:24:44
Link | Citer | R

Could be time from pulling to killing. My time I got the chest was pretty fast.
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-18 13:29:47
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »

Bismarck.Reaperofsoul said: »
E botulus. Entered and B-lined for him.. Killed him in 1:43 seconds. No box so no time isnt the thing.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-18 13:33:06
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Zenion said: »

E botulus. Entered and B-lined for him.. Killed him in 1:43 seconds. No box so no time isnt the thing.
not from entering area I mean from getting any enmity(pull) to killing it.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-18 13:35:18
Link | Citer | R

both in Ruau and my kills that got chest did a bunch of leadens also.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-18 13:35:40
Link | Citer | R

E.

Entered on Darksday. Fought Botulus on Darksday.

COR Wildfire > SAM Tachi Fudo Darkness > COR Wildfire Double Darkness > Bio2 MB

No chest. Maybe moderately scuffed because COR theoretically opened AND closed.

Repopped.

Strictly stuck to Wildfire > Fudo without continuation. Threw in a cheeky Bio2 MB because it's still Darksday.

No chest.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-18 13:40:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
E.

Entered on Darksday. Fought Botulus on Darksday.

COR Wildfire > SAM Tachi Fudo Darkness > COR Wildfire Double Darkness > Bio2 MB

No chest. Maybe moderately scuffed because COR theoretically opened AND closed.

Repopped.

Strictly stuck to Wildfire > Fudo without continuation. Threw in a cheeky Bio2 MB because it's still Darksday.

No chest.
That being said has anyone done anything else beside skillchains or mb? Has anyone used or kept track of any jas they used on him?
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-10-18 13:42:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Zenion said: »

not from entering area I mean from getting any enmity(pull) to killing it.

Not if a thf solo with trusts got a chest (assuming this is accurate). Thf has great survivability but no thf is wrecking that thing very fast, and my thf is top level.

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Ruaumoko said: »

(Serious request)

This can't be it thf in group got it solo with trust and did light sc darkness and edge sc. It can't be capped magic burst damage either as trust wouldn't hit that. I think you maybe on to something about day of week sadly he doesn't remember what day it was for the game. He did steal blaze spikes with aura steal so maybe ja related? Or like other post said maybe sc on set day only and that's it. Hopefully your test for day and sc works it be closer than what others got.

Most "A" objectives were extremely basic and easy to execute. Given E is the carry over from A I keep trying to find the simple easy one here....

Idea - Every person with enmity must use a ja while having hate.
Gonna try it..
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-18 13:43:16
Link | Citer | R

Repopped. Pulled with COR Dark Shot on Darksday, Leaden Salute spam only. Multiple 99,999's. No chest.

I'm so tired, boss.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-18 13:49:15
Link | Citer | R

Repopped. Darksday still. Three man Darkness SC

Chant > Rana > Wildfire > 99k Darkness.

No chest.

Also, another point of irritation, I have yet to see a single upgrade item and I've been collecting the three chests in E every day for a millennium now.

This content is absolute aids.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Serveur: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-10-18 14:00:25
Link | Citer | R

I have yet to see a single upgrade item and I've been collecting the three chests in E every day for a millennium now

This!!! Where are the starstones? The drop rate seems to be very low. We are getting Old Cases+1 like candy now - but not a single starstone.
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-18 14:09:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
I have yet to see a single upgrade item and I've been collecting the three chests in E every day for a millennium now

This!!! Where are the starstones? The drop rate seems to be very low. We are getting Old Cases+1 like candy now - but not a single starstone.

I mean, they're... they're out there. I've seen one from a blue chest (kill all mobs in the room the Hall E exit appears in), and I think two from red chests (defeat naakuals.)

If you want starstones though, you're better off chasing the mystery box of Hall F; the brown chest from Botulus will for sure drop a temp item, but have we seen any definitive proof it can drop starstones?
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 162 163 164