Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 162 163 164
By Mrxi 2022-10-16 12:49:46
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »

Managed to get the Metal #E from the Botulus.

Killed it shortly after going up to E from A (can still see an A Objective in the log).

Killed nothing else before it and did not kill it with a skillchain.

We were trying to kill it with a skillchain but messed up.
COR got the killshot with Leaden Salute.
Windsday so likely no correlation between the day of the week and the element used to kill it.

Kill was about 2:30 or so from point of warping into E.

Thinking it might be time-based. Will try again tomorrow and see if we can replicate. Will report back if we replicate the result.
Looks like it comes from the chest and not the coffer/NM like people keep saying, added that to wiki but someone changed it. Gonna change it back then.
By Mrxi 2022-10-16 12:57:43
Link | Citer | R

So do all the old chests drop Sapphire now or just A2? Possibly drops case and case +1 too?
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxXaSBMHsgy_4cAEX5lV6qpeS8zCXWcp3F
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-16 12:58:21
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
Looks like a bunch of debuffs went onto the Botulus too, potentially something there?

Can confirm that it is not this. I had the full enfeeble medley on him for one of the attempts earlier.

I did not, however, Dispel him at all.
 Asura.Aerox
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2022-10-16 13:03:44
Link | Citer | R

Just to clarify Casket F1. One person used Blitzer to return to B and the next party member who touched it popped the blue chest. Obviously if solo you would need to re-enter and touch it again.

Also E boss killed with trueflight spam without the metal (PLD/BRD/COR/WHM/RNG/unused SAM), but when overkill was popped WS frequency caused damage wall effect and that triggered a smoke fetter, seemed the only time fetter went down.

Don't know if that connection has been made yet but couldn't see anything on BG. PLD died twice to clobbering wave and not sure what triggered it but easy to recover and tank weak.

Best run so far for us, full E clear and casket G1 for 1 nq case 2 case+1 and 1 starstone
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-10-16 13:32:10
Link | Citer | R

As a followup to Casket F1, be careful when doing this one. It's probably been mentioned above, but the door in F area at J/K-6/7 can close and wall you out of accessing the return Bitzer again (if it is in the circles area to the North). Two of us left F area, re-entered, and were met by a closed door and spawned Naakuals. Likely this door closing is time-based. So just be aware when splitting up that this can separate members of your groups.
By GlarinAsura 2022-10-16 13:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Mrxi said: »
So do all the old chests drop Sapphire now or just A2? Possibly drops case and case +1 too?
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxXaSBMHsgy_4cAEX5lV6qpeS8zCXWcp3F
I thought the same thing. I asked in the comments of that video and he confirmed that the sapphire in the log came from a blue chest he opened earlier. Looks like browns remain the same.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-16 13:47:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hya said: »
As a followup to Casket F1, be careful when doing this one. It's probably been mentioned above, but the door in F area at J/K-6/7 can close and wall you out of accessing the return Bitzer again (if it is in the circles area to the North). Two of us left F area, re-entered, and were met by a closed door and spawned Naakuals. Likely this door closing is time-based. So just be aware when splitting up that this can separate members of your groups.

I'm pretty sure those doors are tied to the naakuals spawning. As the ones in F seem to spawn when you enter the hall for the second time, you'd pretty much need to be prepared to solo them to do the double visit to the bitzer.

In hall E, they seem to spawn five minutes after entering, so there you want to be quick about moving on if you or your group are prepared for the botulus but not the naakuals; take too long to get past the room and it's a fight to get through it.

I imagine G and H will be the same way. So far I can't say we've fought those mobs consistently in any special way to spawn the coffer afterward, so I'm inclined to believe that the challenge there is meant to be figuring out how to start the fight and not how to finish it. Spawn the naakuals, kill them, get the coffer with no extra strings attached... but like with a lot of this, there are a lot of unknown variables in there. We've used combinations of magic and physical weaponskills, some skillchains, a little magic, though no spell-based kills, so any of that could potentially have been an unrecognized trigger.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2022-10-16 14:59:05
Link | Citer | R

We did run straight to it so could be time based and I think the guy who popped blue was also the 1st who ported up from our group even though I touched it and left 1st.
 Asura.Seraphical
By Asura.Seraphical 2022-10-16 15:05:17
Link | Citer | R

I must be missing something here with touching the Bitzer in F? I entered, used it and then re-entered and used it again and no chest popped. I tried it multiple times in the same run to no avail.

I was also solo, so tried it with and without Trusts and it still wouldn't pop for me. I didn't get aggro or kill any enemies.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-16 15:51:18
Link | Citer | R

On my last run, I went in with two characters. One sadly did not make it to hall F (but their sacrifice was not entirely in vain), but the other made five laps from the entryway to the Diaphanous Bitzer in hall F. Two were just running, a bit slow but whatever. The third was about as quick as possible, popping Flee along the way. The fifth was done without using sneak or invisible from the time I entered the hall, and after having done one of hall B's objectives. Nothing.

KujahFoxfire said: »
Popped Blue in F again from just touching the blitzer, ran straight to it without killing anything in the zone, was going to re-enter for the naakuls and the blue popped as we were touching it to leave.

We're going to need more information Thank you for adding a bit more, because the answer isn't in this part of the picture. Did you do anything else before hall F? (Yes. Hall E, okay.) Did everyone travel together, or were you spread out? (Sounds like yes?) Did you make it straight to the bitzer without taking any wrong turns, or did you cover some extra ground (admittedly, a stretch; I'm pretty sure I covered the entire hall before I found it the run before last without getting a chest.)

Also, I think I've got coffer G1 pretty much solved now: You need to be standing within 5 yalms of the bitzer, while targeting it, for 30 seconds. You don't need to actually face toward it, but it must be targeted. Sneak and invisible don't affect it, and neither does being aggroed; I got the chest to pop while being actively attacked by a mob, using Perfect Dodge to run out the clock. Whether you are allowed to actually take damage during this time is as yet unknown, but as long as you can survive it without moving away it should probably be fine. Sorry that this isn't really all useful information when we already had it pinned as "stand and stare at it for a while", but details can be nice.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Seraphpdh 2022-10-16 16:15:07
Link | Citer | R

Moderndayz said: »
Tried the F Bitzer again just now, sneak/invis with no aggro or killing. Ran right to it, checked numerous times and no chest. Left and re-entered, same thing and still no chest.

Tried all directions, min/max distance and nothing.
Had you done any other objectives before it? Had you been to any other 'basement' zones before it?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-10-16 17:17:57
Link | Citer | R

You can use WS on A mobs now and finish them with nuke and still get shard and metal. Timer to kill the bhoot in C for red coffer seems to be more than 3 min now too.
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-10-16 17:41:10
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
You can use WS on A mobs now and finish them with nuke and still get shard and metal. Timer to kill the bhoot in C for red coffer seems to be more than 3 min now too.

This is official?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-16 18:07:52
Link | Citer | R

wat
By Honeybaked 2022-10-16 18:15:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
wat

Quite a few reports of both of these instances being true.
By zixxer 2022-10-16 19:42:28
Link | Citer | R

Honeybaked said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
wat

Quite a few reports of both of these instances being true.

Can confirm, can ws on 3 acuex to low health. As long as magic kills it.
Bhoot seems to be increased to 5 min.
By klayy 2022-10-16 21:05:46
Link | Citer | R

Yeah can confirm both acuex and bhoot queries above.

The bitzer F chest.. we didnt even try it earlier. I will give it another go later on my alts. All I can say for certain is the chest appears when someone clicks on it. But there's more to it and I've not been able to figure it out. What someone said about the G chest needing to be within 5 yalms kinda hints at distance/position on F also. Maybe outside of 5 yalms? or something. I've personally spawned this chest three times. Twice on the alt run and it was the WHM (on fast follow min 3 behind the COR both times) that got it. One other time my main did it in a group of six but yeah, couldnt tell u why. I've failed this thing 5/10. You can kill stuff or aggro nothing and get it either way. I wanna say you can have trusts out as well.

Saw someone talk about nakuuls popping. The current info on E and F are accurate. 5 mins E pops by itself. F someone needs to use the bizter to leave and when that same person zones back into F, the nakuuls pop. Only one person needs to leave. The rest of us stayed in the nakuul room and watched them pop as he zoned back in.

G.. you kill all the hounds on one side, all the dullahans on the other. That pops them. I've yet to see someone kill them without them just respawning. If its order, idk.. if someone confirmed that WKR order doesn't work, idk. the one time I saw that claimed, I didnt think it counted bc that group was split on both sides and was killing both sets. Otherwise maybe its time gated or maybe you do have to kill both sets. I doubt thhat though I guess you could do it near the door and maybe BRD COR buffs would hit everyone lol. As a COR, I'd say COR tears the ice tiger up pretty good. We've been doing DDs solo SCing some but I've heard the BRD open rudras for my leaden > fire shot > wildfire and we smoked the tiger, did pretty well on bee bird and gabbrath (no wf on him tho ofc)
[+]
 Asura.Secare
user: secare
By Asura.Secare 2022-10-16 23:59:39
Link | Citer | R

I explored H solo today and it seems that clearing the 1st room is what spawns the naakuals. Either that or killing some number of fomors, or maybe some specific fomor that happened to be there. I would guess it's clearing the room though. I did this after exploring the area and killing the tulittia + a couple random fomors. Killed the tulittia with a combination of expiacion spam and sb > expiacion SCs (and some sudden lunges) and didn't get the metal.

So for H perhaps you are meant to split your party and kill the naakuals on both sides of the wall.
By klayy 2022-10-17 00:15:43
Link | Citer | R

Alt run done.

Got F bitzer chest... zoned in, found the ixion first, killed it. Found bitzer pretty soon after. Had the COR interact with it from 5+ yalms out. Nada. Moved him closer, tried again, nada. Hopped on the WHM, 4.90 yalms out and kinda lined up with one of its points...insta chest. Pretty sure inside 5 yalms isnt the deal there as the COR did that. Maybe everyone in the pt needs to interact with it within a certain amount of time? It's a maybe but I feel like I've seen examples of that maybe not working. Also if solo, would be a guaranteed winner every time, no? But at least four times of the six I've now seen it, the last of my 2 alts interacting with it has been the one that got it.

Cleared flan/bitzer room. Killed the E nakuals but it was a pain auras on the bee and shark and bird made it a slog. Had to dump wiz roll for hunters so have any chance of SC. Took so long that I only had 6 mins left. Turned around, went for the botulus and got that chest somehow.

I opened with wildfire to wildfire.. idk why tbh but most of the accounts seemed to favor WS dmg. Dropped it to 91% then i remembered it could charm so I stopped effing around and went to the traditional COR 4 step. It wasn't casting anything when it died. It was readying a TP move, it died, the log reported its death but that TP moved went off and hit everyone in the log after the death. so... not entirely sure.
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-17 00:22:33
Link | Citer | R

klayy said: »
G.. you kill all the hounds on one side, all the dullahans on the other. That pops them. I've yet to see someone kill them without them just respawning. If its order, idk.. if someone confirmed that WKR order doesn't work
Our group has gotten the Red Coffer in G four times in a row so we're pretty confident this is how it's done.

Kill all Hounds, then kill all Dullahans.

Naakuals spawn (pull Dullahans to a doorway to avoid mass aggro).

Kill in the order the WKR appeared in, rather the zones closest to Adoulin outward.

(These 3 might be interchangable)
Bztavian > Rockfin > Gabbrath
Waktza
Yggdrent
Cehuezti

Will record it later.
By klayy 2022-10-17 00:29:14
Link | Citer | R

Awesome Ruau. Yeah that was my first thought like 3 days or so ago when someone suggested an order. WAR>THF had a rhyme and reason so why wouldn't this?
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-17 00:34:41
Link | Citer | R

klayy said: »
Awesome Ruau. Yeah that was my first thought like 3 days or so ago when someone suggested an order. WAR>THF had a rhyme and reason so why wouldn't this?
That was exactly our reasoning too.
We're suspecting that Section H, Fomors, has a similar mechanic. Cannot prove it though.
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 162 163 164