Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 162 163 164
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-15 10:38:09
Link | Citer | R

Today for the first time I killed the 4 NMs of the upper zone but no Aurum Coffer popped.
I did get the Obdella chest, the Porxie Chest and the Ghost chest, but I couldn't manage to get the Deleterious chest (wiped after killing a single fomor)

Could that be the reason why Aurum didn't pop? Then again if that's the case I guess we should update BG-wiki with the necessary goal being obtaining the chest from the 4 NMs and not just defeating them.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-15 10:48:18
Link | Citer | R

if Deleterius chest is not necessary, why didn't Aurum spawn for me then?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-15 11:34:19
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
if Deleterius chest is not necessary, why didn't Aurum spawn for me then?

Did you rematerialize any zone, like C for the sheet? All 4 NMs have to be dead at the same time.
I did dematerialize zone C, but I killed the ghost after I dematerialized it.
Killed A NM
rematerialized C
Killed C NM
Killed B NM
Killed D NM

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-15 12:19:57
Link | Citer | R

Also, are all the fomors in ALL the rooms in pt together, or does that apply just to some rooms?
 Asura.Baeron
user: Daeron
By Asura.Baeron 2022-10-15 12:39:06
Link | Citer | R

None of the fomors in D are "in a party". They all link with each other if they're close enough, but don't deviate from normal mob linking behavior.

My group finds it useful to call the rooms of 6 fomors the "party" rooms because there's 1 of each job needed and it's a convenient shorthand.
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-15 12:47:38
Link | Citer | R

Today for the first time I killed the 4 NMs of the upper zone but no Aurum Coffer popped.
I did get the Obdella chest, the Porxie Chest and the Ghost chest, but I couldn't manage to get the Deleterious chest (wiped after killing a single fomor)

Could that be the reason why Aurum didn't pop? Then again if that's the case I guess we should update BG-wiki with the necessary goal being obtaining the chest from the 4 NMs and not just defeating them.

It bugs, had that before (before update), did not do anything different but no chest.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Honeybaked 2022-10-15 15:23:52
Link | Citer | R

Ahmed35 said: »
So someone says to zone out of G from bltizer and zone back in, the thing is, no chest.

however we have discovered when aura gone in mini WKR nms they blu proc, so it seemed blu proc can be establish by kiting them or waiting for aura to be gone, this require further investigation

That is F, G is having people standing by the G bitzer and staring at it. I assume it is a random party member at the moment but could be something else. We have loaded the chest 4/4 runs by standing near as a party and keeping it targeted in all members. This at minimum works.

F we are 0/4 on though which is the one people suggest going through with two different people then it pops but no luck for us.
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2022-10-15 15:37:45
Link | Citer | R

Ahmed35 said: »
So someone says to zone out of G from bltizer and zone back in, the thing is, no chest.

however we have discovered when aura gone in mini WKR nms they blu proc, so it seemed blu proc can be establish by kiting them or waiting for aura to be gone, this require further investigation

H not G. Note: If your party members aren't in H when the chest is opened they won't get the reward.
 Bahamut.Svedin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Svedin
By Bahamut.Svedin 2022-10-15 16:08:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

Edit- Gartell got *** wierd, at one point he has both thunder/wind 'hand' at the same time. Not sure what triggered it, but it took 12mins/wasted 12mins of our time before he went back to wind. Not sure what caused the removal of the 2nd 'hand' aura thing either.

Happened to us aswell, idk how to remove it because I am stupid.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-10-15 16:54:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Svedin said: »
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

Edit- Gartell got *** wierd, at one point he has both thunder/wind 'hand' at the same time. Not sure what triggered it, but it took 12mins/wasted 12mins of our time before he went back to wind. Not sure what caused the removal of the 2nd 'hand' aura thing either.

Happened to us aswell, idk how to remove it because I am stupid.

RIP idk how we did either
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2022-10-15 17:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
not sure if mentioned yet, but you cannot receive credit from objectives on main floor and basement at the same time. had 1 member in C and rest in E. C killed bhoot and got +1 case but the rest of us did not.

Came to report this as well in case it wasn't already well-known. I dozed off at the G bitzer and popped the chest, everyone else saw the report in the chat log but didn't get the muffins/old case that I did. This includes two that were over in another upper/lower/whatever-we're-calling-them area (E, I think) at the time.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-15 18:11:34
Link | Citer | R

I read that AoE magic doesn't work anymore for the Chest #A3 and Chest #A4 objective (I assume it still works for #A5)
Is this true?
How did they manage to implement this? How does it even work?
By SimonSes 2022-10-15 18:17:27
Link | Citer | R

I read that AoE magic doesn't work anymore for the Chest #A3 and Chest #A4 objective (I assume it still works for #A5)
Is this true?
How did they manage to implement this? How does it even work?

You can still AoE, just need to kill shot individually.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-15 18:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Not exactely practical on jobs like BLU.
Did they do this because they thought BLU was "too good" for Sortie solo farming? Or any other reason I can't think of?
By SimonSes 2022-10-15 18:30:08
Link | Citer | R

Not exactely practical on jobs like BLU.
Did they do this because they thought BLU was "too good" for Sortie solo farming? Or any other reason I can't think of?

Meh, barely any issue really. Just Entomb them one nuke away from kill, then just nuke from max distance one by one or much easier if you are /rdm, just nuke (kill shot) them with something like Fire. It will only do few k damage, but that's more than enough, since you can spam it. You can also just pull each one individually, so
First AoE will hit 1st mob
Second AoE will hit 1st and 2nd mob
Third AoE will hit 1st, 2nd and 3rd mob
etc. until you pull 6th mob
This way you can keep AoEing and they will start dying one by one, since they will have different HP thresholds.
Essentially it's just 5 AoE spells more or several nukes from /rdm

Not sure why you ask why they did it, obviously none beside them know XD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-15 18:53:33
Link | Citer | R

I mean you can just AOE them down to <10% and do an entomb or dream flower then just melee kill them all. If you have songs or trusts, takes 30-60 seconds longer. In a party, it's basically the same thing. Just tell everyone to solo jul their own mob or whatever.
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-15 19:25:25
Link | Citer | R

Retinal Glare will do hefty damage to Acuex, and it's single target, so it can be used as a finisher.

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-15 19:46:38
Link | Citer | R

You can aim it at a single target though if they're spaced out.
Failing that, Rail Cannon.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-15 19:56:26
Link | Citer | R

Diffusion Ray is a spell that you should have set to begin with and it serves the same purpose. Same recast as glare, almost half as short as rail cannon. The cone is much more narrow and short than you'd expect.
 Valefor.Starscreamx
By Valefor.Starscreamx 2022-10-15 20:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Today we went into E. Pulled 3 flan and 2 slimes in first room one by one. Killed all 5 with 4 step skillchains fusion and double lights with magic bursts along with it. Pulled botulus to that first room also avoiding the Naakuals. Killed botulus got the E metal to drop.
 Valefor.Starscreamx
By Valefor.Starscreamx 2022-10-15 20:18:12
Link | Citer | R

We also 4 step skilchain magic bursted Botulus to death. So it could be any of those variables.
By SimonSes 2022-10-15 20:25:50
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Starscreamx said: »
We also 4 step skilchain magic bursted Botulus to death. So it could be any of those variables.

I think its neither. People got metal killing botulus as first mob in E and spamming various WSs or just Seraph blade.
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 162 163 164