Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 162 163 164

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-10-13 16:28:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Anybody slide any Leaden Salutes or Seraph Blades in between them cheeks?

No, but SAM was doing Jinpu. We killed it yesterday 5 times and he was using Jinpu too and RNG was using TF and I was using Leaden, and no chests, so not sure if that's magic WS is a good lead. I wonder if Czilla killed it so fast maybe, that it didn't cast maybe? Or maybe it was silenced? Maybe he can't cast? Lots of maybe, but guessing is only thing to do here lol
 Fenrir.Zenion
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-13 16:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Anybody slide any Leaden Salutes or Seraph Blades in between them cheeks?

Can confirm Botulus does not like Leaden Salute. I don't know how many buttholes it started with, but it finished with a whole new one for sure. Did not receive a chest for the trouble.

Has anyone figured out what the new rules for hall A are? I just did a blu entomb cleave on a block of acuexes (plus the obdella), picked a different target for every casting. Before the update, that would have gotten the two brown chests without fail; instead, all I got was blue and red.
By Chimerawizard 2022-10-13 16:56:55
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Zenion said: »
Has anyone figured out what the new rules for hall A are? I just did a blu entomb cleave on a block of acuexes (plus the obdella), picked a different target for every casting. Before the update, that would have gotten the two brown chests without fail; instead, all I got was blue and red.
pretty sure claimed no longer matters, it's only main target kills that will still count. so you'll probably be able to bring them low w/ blu spells but have to finish them off with single target nukes.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-10-13 17:07:35
Link | Citer | R

So still no idea how to get the metals for the new area's?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-13 18:18:22
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
No, but SAM was doing Jinpu. We killed it yesterday 5 times and he was using Jinpu too and RNG was using TF and I was using Leaden, and no chests, so not sure if that's magic WS is a good lead. I wonder if Czilla killed it so fast maybe, that it didn't cast maybe? Or maybe it was silenced? Maybe he can't cast? Lots of maybe, but guessing is only thing to do here lol

He did say he was on RDM, so silence is certainly something that could've happened. Anti-spell technology will be on my docket for trial tomorrow.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-10-13 19:08:31
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
We tested this already with no luck. We also tried magic bursting and magic burst kills, also no luck.
Can confirm these don't seem to matter. I pulled with Silence, and we SC'd and bursted it down but received no chest. In b4 the requirement is "get charmed and kill another player".
 Lakshmi.Ameilia
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: danpelope
By Lakshmi.Ameilia 2022-10-13 20:10:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hya said: »
In b4 the requirement is "get charmed and kill another player".
Fortunately for you (but less fortunately for the mages in my party), I can confirm this did not give us a chest.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-10-13 20:12:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Ameilia said: »
Asura.Hya said: »
In b4 the requirement is "get charmed and kill another player".
Fortunately for you (but less fortunately for the mages in my party), I can confirm this did not give us a chest.

Got chest without charm ever going off. So double no.
 Valefor.Kuishen
Serveur: Valefor
user: Kuish
By Valefor.Kuishen 2022-10-13 21:05:04
Link | Citer | R

So we just had the Naakuls in G start respawning as we were killing them, so I guess there's a time limit you need to kill them under? We killed all 6 once and no chest.
By Guyford 2022-10-13 21:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Has anybody tried to get D sheet with a prime weapon equipped?
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-10-13 22:09:12
Link | Citer | R

Got sheet D tonight. Full cleared all Fomor.

NM is black Rosulatia. Seemed really easy to kill. No Metal for kill. Timed out shortly after.

[+]
By Koruma 2022-10-13 22:34:31
Link | Citer | R

Did some experimentation with the Botulus in E tonight. Some things of note to help the data collection:

1) We attempted a quick kill (think the Bhoot in C). Engaged and killed it under 3 minutes, no chest
2) The mini-delves spawn exactly 5 minutes upon the first player entering E, not tied to the NM at all
3) We attempted killing the Botulus with enspell damage of the day of the week, no chest
4) We attempted a 4 step skillchain on the Botulus, no chest
5) We attempted to kill the Botulus with a Leaden Salute closing the 4-step, no chest
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-10-13 22:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Koruma said: »
Did some experimentation with the Botulus in E tonight. Some things of note to help the data collection:

1) We attempted a quick kill (think the Bhoot in C). Engaged and killed it under 3 minutes, no chest
2) The mini-delves spawn exactly 5 minutes upon the first player entering E, not tied to the NM at all
3) We attempted killing the Botulus with enspell damage of the day of the week, no chest
4) We attempted a 4 step skillchain on the Botulus, no chest
5) We attempted to kill the Botulus with a Leaden Salute closing the 4-step, no chest

When we received chest:

We had Cor/Rdm/Smn/Pld/Blu/Whm.

We had Ifrit Enfire on.

Most of our damage for the fight was Leaden > Seraph > Leaden.

Botulus was killed in the flan room at the end of E.

We had killed 1-2 Flans in the room prior to killing the Botulus.

I don't know exactly what debuffs were used, but I do not remember seeing any magic bursts.

Weapon skill damage levels were between 40k and 63k for every ws.

I may have tossed in a Flaming Crush for lols but I definitely didn't do it more than once and never in a SC.

I might have finished one SC with Wildfire but idk would have been the only 4 step we did.

Good luck with testing!
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-14 00:05:39
Link | Citer | R

What stands out is most of your damage was magic based rather than physical. Perhaps kill it with more magic damage than physical? That or deal a certain amount of magic damage a certain number of times before it dies?
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-10-14 00:07:29
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
What stands out is most of your damage was magic based rather than physical. Perhaps kill it with more magic damage than physical? That or deal a certain amount of magic damage a certain number of times before it dies?

Don't think that's possible. Tonight we killed it with a full magic comp with SCH SC + bursting, no chest.
By klayy 2022-10-14 00:18:26
Link | Citer | R

The bitzer chests in F and G need more refining I feel like. I went 1/3 on attempts in F and eventually 3/3 in G but neither were as straight fwd as they are thought atm imo. Legit couldn't get F twice and as far as I know, Im the first one here to report getting a chest from there. I've seen it three times now. Thought maybe no aggro/no kill, stand near etc but twice today that failed. It's not limited to one person being there because my two alts saw it once with both there and again with 2 other people standing on it.

I think whoever said G needs to be only one person in range, targeting for 30 seconds is onto something. Both alts stood there for 1 min. Nothing. Sent the BRD away, came back with the COR and trusts and still mostly nothing. I was about to refa all and see if ditching the trusts was the trick but the chest popped right when I was about to do it.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-10-14 00:21:23
Link | Citer | R

klayy said: »
I think whoever said G needs to be only one person in range, targeting for 30 seconds is onto something. Both alts stood there for 1 min. Nothing. Sent the BRD away, came back with the COR and trusts and still mostly nothing. I was about to refa all and see if ditching the trusts was the trick but the chest popped right when I was about to do it.

Can also confirm this is not the case. We got that chest to spawn with 6/6 of us beside it and targeting it.
By klayy 2022-10-14 00:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Disclai said: »
Can also confirm this is not the case. We got that chest to spawn with 6/6 of us beside it and targeting it.

All six targeting? I was trying to get my group to do this but communication was... not good enough that i could verify it happened. Just now I had both my alts there but not sure both had it targeted. I did try both targets in F tho and just nothing. I'm a bit baffled by it. Seen it 3/6 times but not really sure why I'm getting it or why it fails.
By Mrxi 2022-10-14 00:39:54
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
Got sheet D tonight. Full cleared all Fomor.

NM is black Rosulatia. Seemed really easy to kill. No Metal for kill. Timed out shortly after.

8/8 so could be something besides just killing all.
Someone added to wiki kill all with no verification.
Cant test this atm but do you think it was all mobs or the 8/8?
Guess that would me 7/8 since its last chest.
 Titan.Lyriane
Serveur: Titan
user: Lyriane
By Titan.Lyriane 2022-10-14 01:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Casket G1 for my group tonight:
- Did not spawn when I stood next to it alone
- Did not spawn when we all stood next to it together
- DID spawn after we used it to materialize, and all stood next to it together.

Seems like it might require you to not kill or aggro anything in the zone.
By Serjero 2022-10-14 01:23:13
Link | Citer | R

Got 4/4 in E tonight doing the following:

Did all A objectives + killed boss then went to E.

Found Botulus in the large Flan room and killed him as the first thing we touched w/ RNG COR RDM BRD SCH RUN, doing TF/WF/Seraph Blades. Didn't use charm move dropped chest containing sheet.

Killed all Flans in the flan room then killed all the mobs in the 4 quadrant area where the blitzer was got another chest.

Killed the mini delve NMs, took a bit longer than expected got another chest.

Killed the last Flans in the beginning room got the last chest and headed to boss.

Not sure which one gave the metal since I already had it on my chars from a previous run that happened on the first or second night when our group was just messing around.

Went to boss and we gravity kited it. SCH opened Fusion > Trueflight was doing 70-90k TFs w/ 99k SCs. Timed out with boss at like 6%, lost too much time on the Delve NMs from constant buff wipe from Trex/Kitty. Thinking back on it SCH and RDM prolly should have tried bursting off the Trueflight but I was tri-boxing the SCH RNG and BRD next time will try and get a real SCH. Everything in E except the Delve NMs took really good TF dmg 50-90ks depending on TP.
By Shuko 2022-10-14 01:26:40
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lyriane said: »

I know it will pop when nothing has been aggro'd we've had many linkshell members pop it this way now as long as they target it and don't move.

The first time it popped for us though? we killed naraka, and a few dullahan before they wiped us all, I RR'd up and saw the post and said, what the hell we got 3 mins left, stood next to it for 1 min nothing. then got closer to it targeted it and put the controller down, then pop
[+]
By Mrxi 2022-10-14 01:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Shuko said: »

I know it will pop when nothing has been aggro'd we've had many linkshell members pop it this way now as long as they target it and don't move.

The first time it popped for us though? we killed naraka, and a few dullahan before they wiped us all, I RR'd up and saw the post and said, what the hell we got 3 mins left, stood next to it for 1 min nothing. then got closer to it targeted it and put the controller down, then pop
So stand next to it with 1 person targeting it or? and no aggro?
By Vaerix 2022-10-14 01:58:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Disclai said: »

Don't think that's possible. Tonight we killed it with a full magic comp with SCH SC + bursting, no chest.

Not trying to bury the lead in the bushes but I think skillchain damage outright might have more to do with it. Maybe SC damage breaking a threshold? Has anyone brought as Sam up against it and just repeatedly 4 step?

I believe I saw someone say jinpu spam, and didn't get metal, maybe it's a certain threshold of fire/light SC damage?
By Vaerix 2022-10-14 01:59:54
Link | Citer | R

Mrxi said: »
Shuko said: »

So stand next to it with 1 person targeting it or? and no aggro?

I did this 3 times tonight, once grouped twice solo, s/i to blitzer stand still targeting it, free chest.

The F chest however I've yet to see spawn once.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-10-14 02:04:51
Link | Citer | R

7/8 did not do it supposedly. Someone said so a day or two ago, we shot for an objective we assumed no one else would try due to the massive time commitment.

It may have been something else along the way for sure, but we did clear the north room, the 15 with the NM, and the north party (Blue x2, Brown x2) with no success. After clearing everything and killing Degei we headed back and it worked that time.

I believe I had 7/8 last night when I tried to trigger it at the end of the day, but it was late and I might have missed something. Don't think so thought.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-10-14 03:01:58
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
7/8 did not do it supposedly. Someone said so a day or two ago, we shot for an objective we assumed no one else would try due to the massive time commitment.

This was our next test lol, thanks for confirming beforehand though :-D
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 162 163 164