Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 162 163 164
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-13 04:45:51
Link | Citer | R

I found that Dhartok doesn't start doing clobbering wave / dropping clouds till after he uses the cesspool TP move (he gains an aura / glow after it). After my DD died once and I bound Dhartok he lost his aura it might have just wore off (time?) but maybe there is a way to proc him to remove it. If his aura can be controlled the fight would be pretty easy.
 Asura.Shaedhen
Serveur: Asura
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2022-10-13 05:15:34
Link | Citer | R

We managed to pop a casket (i think the #G2) after killing a lot of the dullahans and hounds in G, not really sure what triggered it. It popped when we killed the few left in the blitzer room to teleport back to C. Killed with regular DDs.

At that point the Naraka was already dead.

We tried the #G boss but we got destroyed by Setting the Stage. Definitely need a good amount of accuracy for that one too. We were trying to figure out if there's something to do with the 4 glowing lights but he just kept wiping the whole group everytime we pulled him at that point so couldn't find anything relevant.
By Seraphpdh 2022-10-13 06:18:40
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Velner said: »
Moderndayz said: »
Seraphpdh said: »
Confirmed tonight:
"Casket #G1 Stand near the Bitzer for 30 seconds."

Being sneak/inviz was fine. The Dullahans aggro sight though, so be careful. Dropped an Old Case.

This did not work for me. There is probably another condition.

It seems like the entire party needs to be nearby. Our WHM got there first by about 15 seconds. The chest popped between 45-60 seconds from the WHM getting there but closer to 30s from when the whole party got there.
Yeah, we had two people in party. Both had sneak/inviz up. Both moved close to the Bitzer. No mobs in the area had been engaged. I didn't time it exactly, but it was around 30 seconds before the Casket popped.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-13 10:20:47
Link | Citer | R

E observation:

First Botulus kill, Oops! All Savage Blade!™, no SC, no MBs. Got charmga'd once. No chest. It was the first mob I killed upon zoning down into the basement.

I respawned him. Changos out for harambe. Light SCs, though I did not MB. He died very fast this time. He did not charm. No chest. He was the first thing I killed after re-spawning the mobs.

Setup PLD/WAR/WAR/COR/BRD/WHM.

Can confirm the other objectives were as indicated.

1. Kill all Flans in sector.
2. Kill all Flans near the Bitzer (which is just part of objective 1 anyway)
3. Kill the delve NMs.

Nothing too tedious like multi-step MB on objectives 1-3 which is a relief; it's just a matter of figuring out the trigger for ole stinkwhistle. Next on my list to try is killing 5 trash mobs before Fatsburg.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-10-13 10:48:11
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
We killed Dhartok yesterday. the only thing that was doing damage to it was Ranged/Trueflight. Slashing was resisted Fudo/Savage was doing 2-3k damage. Maybe it's randomly weak to one type based on jobs you enter on? Just a guess.

From what we've observed, it gains a damage wall (to everything) for ~10 seconds after being WS'd at all. Didn't appear to have anything to do with weapon types, although admittedly we didn't try Trueflight specifically.

The most efficient way to kill it seems to be to SCH SC & MB. No damage wall that way, aside from the normal nuke wall. But MBs can do 99k with a GEO present. Dies in just a couple minutes.

With the apparent WS wall, killing it with a non-SCH comp is a bit of a pain, although certainly doable. Best to have one dedicated damage dealer, since more are detrimental. Ideally one who can deal close to damage cap with each WS; last night we used MNK.

Susceptible to gravity/bind from RDM, so can kite as needed too.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-13 11:34:50
Link | Citer | R

Lute is live now on YT and they got chest from Naraka, but still wiped to 6k dmg aoe on boss around 50% HP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI7IsyGM50c
By SimonSes 2022-10-13 11:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Disclai said: »
We killed Dhartok yesterday. the only thing that was doing damage to it was Ranged/Trueflight. Slashing was resisted Fudo/Savage was doing 2-3k damage. Maybe it's randomly weak to one type based on jobs you enter on? Just a guess.

From what we've observed, it gains a damage wall (to everything) for ~10 seconds after being WS'd at all. Didn't appear to have anything to do with weapon types, although admittedly we didn't try Trueflight specifically.

The most efficient way to kill it seems to be to SCH SC & MB. No damage wall that way, aside from the normal nuke wall. But MBs can do 99k with a GEO present. Dies in just a couple minutes.

With the apparent WS wall, killing it with a non-SCH comp is a bit of a pain, although certainly doable. Best to have one dedicated damage dealer, since more are detrimental. Ideally one who can deal close to damage cap with each WS; last night we used MNK.

Maybe its only damage wall to physical, thats why TF was bypassing it? We had TF doing 50k damage like 1 sec after and before other WSs (Savage and Shoha) that was floored to like 3-4k or maybe it's separate WS wall for physical and magical?
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-13 11:46:53
Link | Citer | R

Lute is live now on YT and they got chest from Naraka, but still wiped to 6k dmg aoe on boss around 50% HP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI7IsyGM50c

Just watched him get smashed by Balamor to the tune of 10k AoE damage not even 10% into the fight. Yikes.

Though I'd have to think those devices that are ominously arranged in the shape of a small circle would play a factor in what's happening here.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-13 11:59:31
Link | Citer | R

Maybe its only damage wall to physical, thats why TF was bypassing it? We had TF doing 50k damage like 1 sec after and before other WSs (Savage and Shoha) that was floored to like 3-4k or maybe it's separate WS wall for physical and magical?
See I didn't see damage drop off at all on sam I saw every other ws miss no matter what the follow up ws was til it was a distortion and it healed. Shola to fudo and did like 40k damage healed him for 67k. Also I never had ws go under 15k had 45k fudo on it.
By SimonSes 2022-10-13 11:59:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Just watched him get smashed by Balamor to the tune of 10k AoE damage not even 10% into the fight. Yikes.

That was second attempt after they recovered from wipe.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-10-13 12:21:01
Link | Citer | R

I was on RDM and tried Sanguine Blade, which was terrible and only did like 2k damage, in addition to nerfing the MNK's subsequent WSes into dirt. Thought we'd experiment with Sanguine specifically since it lacks SC properties. Also tried nuking after WSes / bursting SCs, and they appeared to be affected by a wall too, doing next to nothing.

It's possible he's weak to light?

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

See I didn't see damage drop off at all on sam I saw every other ws miss no matter what the follow up ws was til it was a distortion and it healed. Shola to fudo and did like 40k damage healed him for 67k. Also I never had ws go under 15k had 45k fudo on it.

Very odd. Did you guys have the metal? Might be related. We haven't been able to get the metal from Botulus.
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-10-13 12:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a particular strategy for the mini-naakuals?

We fought, and beat, them in E on our first trial run but their aoe along with some nasty 1-shots to cor and war made them more problematic than we expected. 6 in E took us a good 18-20m.

COR BRD WAR WAR SCH BRD is what we brought but we can pretty much put together any combination. Should we expect to cut through them or is 18~20m about right?
By Agrestic 2022-10-13 12:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Anyone have a particular strategy for the mini-naakuals?

We fought, and beat, them in E on our first trial run but their aoe along with some nasty 1-shots to cor and war made them more problematic than we expected. 6 in E took us a good 18-20m.

COR BRD WAR WAR SCH BRD is what we brought but we can pretty much put together any combination. Should we expect to cut through them or is 18~20m about right?
is your team in full DT? fought one by one they shouldn't be one-shotting anybody unless people are out of position and Marine Mayhem goes off.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-13 13:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

Very odd. Did you guys have the metal? Might be related. We haven't been able to get the metal from Botulus.[/quote]
So only one of the members in the patry had it but he got it from Rex by just doing random scs on thf solo so I don't even count that as reliable. I think the metal for sure had something to do with it.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-13 13:39:41
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Should we expect to cut through them or is 18~20m about right?

They get mega DT/evasion boost with their auras up. If they do not use their aura TP move, they die within a minute. I've been clearing all 6 in under 10 minutes.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-13 13:42:27
Link | Citer | R

The delve nms didn't seem that bad at all when we did them day one sadly I was praying for timber but the baby tree didn't live long enough.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-13 13:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Following up on earlier Sector E Botulus musings.

Went back in again, got 8/8 Sector A objectives and got the E Shard. I thought maybe one of those two things might be the ticket.

I then killed 5 mobs in the basement before Botulus, thinking that might also be the ticket.

No luck on any of those 3 methods. No chest, no metal, sad person.

Tried to brute force the salamander since I was down there anyway but it got out of hand by about 40%.

Next on the list will probably be light SC and Fire MB the Botulus. I think it's kind of pointless to try to crack the code for the Metal-less salamander because I'm pretty sure if you get the Metal, you can just circumnavigate the pain points of the salamander fight and savage blade his tiddies off.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Cziella
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2022-10-13 14:15:59
Link | Citer | R

I killed Botolus as RDM/NIN spaming Seraph blade with GEO debuffs, the only thing I can think of that "might" go into theory crafting was, that I was using ens-stone b/c it was earthsday, otherwise, I didn't bother to SC, MB or anything, It died really fast with 99k seraphs, and droped the metal, it was *THE FIRST* thing I aggroed and killed, I already had E shard from a previous run, so I just ran to E zone and engaged the botolus after buffing.
By SimonSes 2022-10-13 14:29:00
Link | Citer | R

So, we got metal from Botulus today :)
I think the key might be to not allow him to use any tp moves (and maybe spells too). I stun locked him on BLU for the whole time. Looks like they might be referencing Zerde strategy here?

EDIT: Nvm it cant be stun, because Cziella probably didnt do that. Hmmm.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-13 14:31:09
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Cziella said: »
I killed Botolus as RDM/NIN spaming Seraph blade with GEO debuffs, the only thing I can think of that "might" go into theory crafting was, that I was using ens-stone b/c it was earthsday, otherwise, I didn't bother to SC, MB or anything, It died really fast with 99k seraphs, and droped the metal, it was *THE FIRST* thing I aggroed and killed, I already had E shard from a previous run, so I just ran to E zone and engaged the botolus after buffing.

Nice info, solid lead! It's definitely magic related. Probably kill with magic damage.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-13 14:32:37
Link | Citer | R

I think the key might be to not allow him to use any tp moves (and maybe spells too). I stun locked him on BLU for the whole time. Looks like they might be referencing Zerde strategy here?

You saying you only white damaged him down?
By SimonSes 2022-10-13 14:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

You saying you only white damaged him down?

Nah, I was keeping him stunned and did 2 WS in between. Rest of the group destroyed it with usual WS spam.

EDIT: Other things, we only killed 3 Flans and Naakuls before killing it.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-13 14:43:17
Link | Citer | R

Anybody slide any Leaden Salutes or Seraph Blades in between them cheeks?

Post deleted by User.
By Seraphpdh 2022-10-13 14:59:06
Link | Citer | R

When doing the chest for the area G Bitzer solo, you can't have trusts out and get the chest. Stood around it for 5 mins with trusts out, targeting. Moved retargeted and waited 5 more mins with no chest. Released trusts and targeted and waited 30 seconds and chest popped.
Do the trusts have to be within a certain distance? We had trusts out with no issues.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Seraphpdh 2022-10-13 15:05:56
Link | Citer | R

trusts are dumb as *** and stand wherever
Well, yes. :)
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 162 163 164