users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 162 163 164
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2022-10-12 08:06:38
Link | Citer | R

has anyone confirmed that you retain the KI from killing any of the original, and getting the KI's, are they permanent for successive runs?

and follow up- can you then just enter on the job you want unlocked for +3 gear or do you need to kill the boss again to get the KI to enter E-H
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-10-12 08:20:16
Link | Citer | R

You don't need to kill any bosses to enter higher tier sortie.
Just need to do the gimmick at the transporter (ie naked at A, walk to B, rematerialize mobs at C, D unknown) and you can stroll around.

Went up on a goofy job unlock last night just to wander. Went to F (is that what we're calling it? Connects through B) and found a single unicorn wandering around, forget the name.. i assume thats the random NM for that section.

Couldn't fight it....couldn't even kill a pixie with the goofy job I was on...
 Asura.Voltaren
Serveur: Asura
user: Morte2020
By Asura.Voltaren 2022-10-12 08:57:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Zenion said: »
I feel like "obtain aurum coffer" might be a possibility, would appreciate confirm/deny if someone tries it.

Aurum chest is not the answer. We did that for our run prior to doing anything in the new areas and it did not work.
 Bismarck.Hellknight
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Hellknight 2022-10-12 09:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Last night we think we found out how to spawn the 6 Mini Naakuals in F. We killed them and got the red coffer #F in the center of the split room.

First we kill Fetid Ixion in the zone not sure if you need to do this step or not. We had everyone stay in the split room on the west side and had 1 person run the exit Bitzer that take you back to B main zone. Then at person will enter F area again the 6 Mini Naakuals will spawn it he split room. We killed them all in a random order and got the red coffer.

I think enter into any of the other new zone's after leaving F will spawn them. We had one person get lost in F and some people exit F to go to G. When they entered G the one person is F said they saw the Naakuals.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-10-12 09:58:28
Link | Citer | R

I warped to A last night took gear off got the sheet.
Went into E?
I fought 2 pudding and slipped by the rest in the room the Sox nakuuls we're already spawned but the door to get to botulus was closed.

Killed a couple of the slimes and the nakuuls could not get the door open stared at the botulus through the hole.

Anyone know why the door wasn't open?
 Fenrir.Zenion
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-12 10:00:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Voltaren said: »
I feel like "obtain aurum coffer" might be a possibility, would appreciate confirm/deny if someone tries it.

Aurum chest is not the answer. We did that for our run prior to doing anything in the new areas and it did not work.

Okay. I was really hoping that would be it. I tried checking with SP effective active (Bolster, then Bolster and Widened Compass), those were no good either.

The other three were more conditional, things that you have done, than actions, things you do, so... I don't know, maybe it'll be something like "opened every Locked Gate #D", or "defeated Degei"; I'd give those better odds than "drop an item" or "use an emote."
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-12 10:43:56
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone actually gotten a Ra'Kaz. Starstone from new area? Either chest or from NM?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-12 10:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
They've absolutely done something to the objectives in A, and not for the better.

It took clearing all the Acuex on the way to Ghajot, the Leeches in the large room before Ghajot and the 'Gully' below the large room to just get Shard A. This was with changing target between casts.

I told my group last night that something changed. I used to be able to solo 6 Acuex on BLU and get 3 chests on the kills. Last night, I only got 2 chest, for the shard and for x5 kills. The very next set of 3 Acuex I got nothing. It took me a total of 10 Acuex to finally get the metal.

I'm thinking they increased the criteria for Metal from 6 to 9 magic kills. I was single targeting each Acuex with an AOE spell, so I know I was doing it properly. Have done it this way every time since before update, only thing changed was Sortie. So either spaghetti code or they intentionally changed A objectives.
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2022-10-12 10:53:46
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
has anyone confirmed that you retain the KI from killing any of the original, and getting the KI's, are they permanent for successive runs?

and follow up- can you then just enter on the job you want unlocked for +3 gear or do you need to kill the boss again to get the KI to enter E-H
you lose the ki's need to pop boss when you kill it same as its been since start
 Bahamut.Palmroth
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Palmroth
By Bahamut.Palmroth 2022-10-12 10:58:00
Link | Citer | R

We had same wierd issues with getting A on BLU aswell. Normally always get the chests just from aeoing 6x. We tried doing 1 at a time instead next run with blu geo and sch nuking it. Got the chest that way instead without issues just on 3rd and 6th mob. (Blue from 5th). Do feel like something changed for sure.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-12 11:04:38
Link | Citer | R

For A Shard/Metal my JP group have been doing SCH MBs and getting them in 3 and 6 kills.

Quote:
Changed by 10/11 update
A Shard and Metal
Killing one by one with MB (magic?), 3 + 3 enemy

Edit: Melee and magic(Not AoE) cast on mob as also gotten us chest
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-12 11:06:31
Link | Citer | R

Went directly to E.

Killed botulus (was in 2-room chamber) No chest
Nakul poped after sometime we didnt kill anything, might be timed? We just ran around looking for exit

Killed Nakul, Red Coffer

Found Exit at the 4-room 'circle', Killed all mobs in all 4 rooms, Blue Chest.

Killed Southern Flan Room fully, nothing.
Killed Slimes room (half where the botulus was in) nothing.

Tried boss, wiped us again we tried different weapon types but that doesnt work. He took Full dmg every 10s or so. Maybe you need the brown chest item to weaken that since i read that poeple are self SC killing him. Which was not possible in our case.
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-10-12 11:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
Has anyone actually gotten a Ra'Kaz. Starstone from new area? Either chest or from NM?

Yes I got one today in Zone E from a blue chest by killing all the mobs in the area.
[+]
By Guyford 2022-10-12 11:29:20
Link | Citer | R

We got 2 starstones in E, one from boss, one from one of the blue chests. Blitzer was in the flan room so both popped at the same time.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-12 11:35:56
Link | Citer | R

Okay thanks, had not seen any myself or someone actually say that got one so was wondering if only the mega boss dropped them or something.
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-10-12 12:10:02
Link | Citer | R

Still trying to crack the code on Bitzer D, tonight we were able to confirm that it is not unlocked by clearing 7/7 hall D objectives, nor by visiting hall E (probably eliminates visiting any basement hall as an unlock, but G might do it.)

Receive the Aurum is not a condition for the D Bitzer. Our first run, we cleared as we normally would, thinking we'd need to kill the old NMs to get to the new area. We got the Arumn coffer but did not get the #D sheet.
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-10-12 12:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
I warped to A last night took gear off got the sheet.
Went into E?
I fought 2 pudding and slipped by the rest in the room the Sox nakuuls we're already spawned but the door to get to botulus was closed.

Killed a couple of the slimes and the nakuuls could not get the door open stared at the botulus through the hole.

Anyone know why the door wasn't open?

Once the baby Naakuals pop, that door closes and remains closed until you kill them.
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-12 12:23:42
Link | Citer | R

The other three were more conditional, things that you have done, than actions, things you do, so... I don't know, maybe it'll be something like "opened every Locked Gate #D", or "defeated Degei"; I'd give those better odds than "drop an item" or "use an emote."

Just tested opening a Locked Gate #D; all but one Locked Gate #D; every Locked Gate #D; and every Locked Gate #D plus Gates #D1 and #D2. Bitzer #D did not respond. Also, coming in with a swarm of Demisang mobs on my tail didn't do it, but I'd really have to hope that wasn't it anyway.

This one's going to be something really weird, isn't it.
 Cerberus.Acewarlord
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Acewarlord 2022-10-12 12:51:45
Link | Citer | R

Anyone tried killing all mini NMs at the D blitzer?
By Chimerawizard 2022-10-12 13:01:09
Link | Citer | R

I'd bet it's something annoying like full clear D.
[+]
By klayy 2022-10-12 13:04:34
Link | Citer | R

tried to replicate getting blue box off bitzer F w LS. No go. I didnt kill anything when I got it w alts. We'd killed the horse before we got to it today. so idk maybe will try without killing tomorrow or if i do alt run tonight will try it again
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2022-10-12 14:50:38
Link | Citer | R

Replicated blue chest in E with the flan kills. Went to SW room and killed all the flans then the botulus which was there. Then killed the 3 in the starting room and it popped on the last one.
 Bismarck.Tyconus
user: Tyconus
By Bismarck.Tyconus 2022-10-12 15:10:33
Link | Citer | R

In zone F, we got a blue box from killing all the Pixie mobs.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-10-12 15:13:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Tyconus said: »
In zone F, we got a blue box from killing all the Pixie mobs.

I was in Zone F for just a short time today and timed out with the second pixie in that opening room at like 10% health. Is it just those two pixies that you need to kill for the blue chest or are there more throughout zone F that need killed for the blue box? Thanks for the info!
 Bismarck.Tyconus
user: Tyconus
By Bismarck.Tyconus 2022-10-12 15:18:41
Link | Citer | R

We killed all the Pixies in the back, then went for the two at the start.
[+]
 Bismarck.Reaperofsoul
By Bismarck.Reaperofsoul 2022-10-12 15:37:20
Link | Citer | R

Can confirm on F having 1 person leave and re-entering will spawn the WKR mobs. Gave Red Coffer
By klayy 2022-10-12 16:54:04
Link | Citer | R

K update oin the blkue chest in F on the bitzer. no kills. no aggro.. one person checks the bitzer, blue chest appears.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-12 17:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Reaperofsoul said: »
Can confirm on F having 1 person leave and re-entering will spawn the WKR mobs. Gave Red Coffer

Sounds like maybe there's just a chance for them to appear whenever anyone enters a given wing of the basement?

In my first foray into hall E, I didn't see those guys at all. My second visit, I got to the divided room and there were the six mobs. Plus the door was closed, and there were another six of them on the other side of the divider gate. Only notable difference between the two trips was that I got aggroed by flans the first time (btw, those are truesight, truesound, or both.)
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-10-12 17:37:59
Link | Citer | R

Killed Dhartok using Gravity2 kite, and tactician rolls, cheesy but whatever. Gave 10k muffins and grants title: Dhartok Defiler

got 2 case+1 that run, 1 from boss, 1 from blue chest
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-12 19:21:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aburaage said: »
Killed Dhartok using Gravity2 kite, and tactician rolls, cheesy but whatever. Gave 10k muffins and grants title: Dhartok Defiler

got 2 case+1 that run, 1 from boss, 1 from blue chest

I hope the new zones only drop old case +1. Sounds like it from what you said
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 162 163 164