Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 162 163 164
By Torzak 2022-09-05 12:06:06
Link | Citer | R

Tarage said: »
I don't know what to tell you. A3 and A4 are solved. Whatever caveats you are dreaming up are incorrect. It's literally "don't ws on it and use at least one magic spell". Stop making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Except I said SEVERAL pages ago, and JUST reiterated, that it's NOT "Don't WS" because EVERYTIME I was doing it solo, I would Pull with Dia and then do a skill chain. READ: TWO WS.

Just because *a* method worked for you, doesn't mean everything else is a *don't do it*.

We are trying to figure out what the exact rules are, and people like you keep saying don't WS, when that is blatantly and factually wrong.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2022-09-05 13:15:23
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
Shiva.Trumpy said: »
Quote:
3/7 - Shard #B - Magic WS x5. Easily completed Ground Strike > Leaden on Fire/Light elementals
4/7 - Metal #B - Do the above again.
5/7 - Blue Casket #B1 - Skillchains then kill. Has to be done before Porxie kill. Might have a time requirement? Easily completed Ground Strike > Leaden.

Assuming one can't ground strike or leaden...

So 3/7 Shard B is just Magic WS five times on one mob? Once on five mobs? Magic WS kills five times? Just want to be clear.

5/7 Casket B1, Do multiple Skillchains and then kill? How many? Kill with Skillchain? Kill with Magic WS closing the skillchain?

I've been using Blu/War + Rdm/Dnc so I have options of swords/clubs + swords/daggers. Lot of my gear is trapped in wardrobe so my Magic WS suffers. If I ever get access to my wardrobe stuff I can try Cor possibly on the Rdm, but that's future stuff.

Sometimes throughout the thread and BGWiki post objectives have been phrased weird like "3 Skillchains on 3 mobs" when it really means "One Skillchain on 3 different mobs" for example so I just want to be clear.

B1 being skillchains has been disproven mulitple times already.
It's 100% not magic ws's as i have been getting both shard and metal since release day just doing fudo and savage blade spam
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-09-05 13:19:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »

ya, and I said awhile ago that I got them with torcleaver spam on my drk. =D definitely not magic ws.
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2022-09-05 14:52:39
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Not expecting to get a +2 solo though, that seems out of reach for solo SMN...

I don't understand how you got that idea?
Old case+1 is completely random and you can get it from even blue casket, so how is +2 not possible for solo?

It;s not even possible for a party of 6 because drop rate is total pants!
By Sockfoot 2022-09-05 15:14:14
Link | Citer | R

Shameless plug, addon for Sortie to be released soon (probably tonight after my run)

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56901/sortiehud-track-completed-objectives-rewards/

[+]
 Cerberus.Kevplaything
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kevplaything 2022-09-05 15:24:30
Link | Citer | R

Get er done!
 Phoenix.Godofwars
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Godofwars 2022-09-05 17:34:55
Link | Citer | R

Torzak said: »
I don't think "first hit physical" is it.

Every time I was doing it, I would Dia III pull, Knights -> Savage to chew through a bunch of HP with a skill chain that was consistent in terms of dmg output as compared to the more random nature of CDC to CDC. Then I'd wait for mob HP to be 8 or 9% and nuke to kill. Usually get it in a few kills, sometimes needing a couple more kills than the 5 kill chest, just depending on Stats Down and nuke dmg or some variable, I'm not sure. So I don't think there was a single time I got the chest where I didn't open with Dia.

Edit: I mean, unless there are multiple paths with each path needing its own execution, anyway.
so you saying for a3/a4 you dia III and you use weapskills and when its at 20-10% you will magic kill it x3 and get shard/matle?

Torzak said: »
I don't think "first hit physical" is it.

Every time I was doing it, I would Dia III pull, Knights -> Savage to chew through a bunch of HP with a skill chain that was consistent in terms of dmg output as compared to the more random nature of CDC to CDC. Then I'd wait for mob HP to be 8 or 9% and nuke to kill. Usually get it in a few kills, sometimes needing a couple more kills than the 5 kill chest, just depending on Stats Down and nuke dmg or some variable, I'm not sure. So I don't think there was a single time I got the chest where I didn't open with Dia.

Edit: I mean, unless there are multiple paths with each path needing its own execution, anyway.
 Phoenix.Godofwars
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Godofwars 2022-09-05 17:42:35
Link | Citer | R

AegParm said: »
Asura.Cthaeh said: »
I don't know what to tell you. A3 and A4 are solved. Whatever caveats you are dreaming up are incorrect. It's literally "don't ws on it and use qt least one magic spell". Stop making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Several of us have gotten the chest off of a Magic burst, so it most certainly is not solved. And almost nobody is getting it in less than 8-9 kills in most groups trying the methods mentioned.

And while that may not be important to everyone, some people want to maximize efficiency and would like to know exactly what we are doing instead of saying "oh this will work eventually"

It literally works every single time I do it, without fail.

Youre missing the point. The how has been solved, the why hasn't. Why is this so hard for some people

EDIT: will admit though, the repeated already debunked info over and over does get old lol
i said this but ppl gets mad at me lol
By Chimerawizard 2022-09-05 17:44:04
Link | Citer | R

Our best run thus far aside from the lack of box+1's. 29/29 objectives+4 bosses. 20,800~ points 4 boxes 4 sapphires.
BLU BLU BRD COR GEO SCH
By Creecreelo 2022-09-05 19:24:33
Link | Citer | R

This event is awful.

Could elaborate more, but I just wanted to get that sentiment out there.
[+]
By Tarage 2022-09-05 19:28:59
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Not expecting to get a +2 solo though, that seems out of reach for solo SMN...

I don't understand how you got that idea?
Old case+1 is completely random and you can get it from even blue casket, so how is +2 not possible for solo?

Never said not possible, I said not expected. Obviously groups are going to hit FAR more blue chests than I can solo. Expecting to get a +1 chest, then rolling +2, on TOP of also rolling SMN seems rare enough that I don't expect to hit it even if I ran every day for a year.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-09-05 19:35:27
Link | Citer | R

Creecreelo said: »
This event is awful.

It would be exponentially more bearable if there was an earring exchange program in place. I do anticipate we will get one, but yeah. I've finished with upgrading the good empyrean+2 and I will not be going back for earring roulette.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-05 20:35:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
I do anticipate we will get one

I kinda doubt it. By now, everyone has dozens of earrings. Everyone would immediately be able to get the rings they want the moment it's implemented. They like us grinding out.
 Bismarck.Zubuis
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2022-09-05 21:06:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm enjoying Sortie more than I originally thought I would. But I suspect once the empyrean armor upgrades are complete, and all you have left is earrings, its going to become a borefest. The drop rate on the case+1 seems abysmal. And the chance of a +1 earring from a nq case or a +2 earring from a +1 case is pretty low. Kind of feels like Shinryuu again. They will probably start adding the +2 earrings to Trove in 6 months and people will stop doing Sortie lol.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-05 21:48:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zubuis said: »
I'm enjoying Sortie more than I originally thought I would. But I suspect once the empyrean armor upgrades are complete, and all you have left is earrings, its going to become a borefest. The drop rate on the case+1 seems abysmal. And the chance of a +1 earring from a nq case or a +2 earring from a +1 case is pretty low. Kind of feels like Shinryuu again. They will probably start adding the +2 earrings to Trove in 6 months and people will stop doing Sortie lol.

Considering that +3 upgrades are coming later and probably cost 5 times the points each (i.e. Artifact +2 required 10 cards vs +3 required 50 cards), it will be sustaining the daily activity for the next 1 year minimum.

Also, the yet to be announced next ultimate weapons could also be earned via an expanded version of the event, possible using the second map.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2022-09-05 22:04:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zubuis said: »
well I suspect when +3 empy comes out they will add new wings and new NMs in sortie that are higher level I would assume top their NMs / bosses probably drop a +2 case. but I could be wrong
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-09-05 22:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Creecreelo said: »
This event is awful.

Hoping they add detritus and new crafting materials eventually, but probably won't happen.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-09-05 22:43:58
Link | Citer | R

sure quit now n enjoy the 30/40/50 sapphire upgrades for +3
By Guyford 2022-09-05 23:41:11
Link | Citer | R

So a little bit of added info here. Didn't go with normal group today and we weren't making the time requirement on D boss so I popped yaegasumi. Aside from his melee moves all triggering the yaeg tp bonus, it did stop all the damage from his AoE 20k+ move, but it was also a full dispel.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-09-06 00:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Elegy counts for C magic burst objectives.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-09-06 02:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I kinda doubt it. By now, everyone has dozens of earrings. Everyone would immediately be able to get the rings they want the moment it's implemented. They like us grinding out.

Id like to note it's : "dozens of earings for jobs we don't want and not the ones we do".

Fairly silly and frustrating you can do this every day for month(s) and still possibly not get a specific NQ you wanted...
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-09-06 02:50:21
Link | Citer | R

Anyone had no aurum chest despite killing all NMs?

We respawned some fire eles (we do that every time) and killed porxie after, killed all other NMs 'normally'

We are leaning towards a bug because we run sortie the same way everytime.

Happened twice already now...
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-09-06 02:51:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yottaxa said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Id like to note it's : "dozens of earings for jobs we don't want and not the ones we do".

Fairly silly and frustrating you can do this every day for month(s) and still possibly not get a specific NQ you wanted...

for sure. I've been doing this every day since it came out and I just got an nq drk earring with lowest augments. I was just glad to get it finally.
By Afania 2022-09-06 03:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
Most of the time, it was due to Aegis Schism and tank dying to next WS before erase happens. On BLU, I can Sudden Lunge to stun and Winds of Promy to erase it. On other jobs, not much I can do. So was looking for alternate strategy with another tank.

Seun said: »
The difficulty of the fomor varies widely depending on it's job.

I soloed another Demisang Deleterious as MNK again with no trust death entire time. I got hate from trust tank after a 4 step SC, ended up tanking all the way until it's killed. This time I paid attention to actual dmg taken: normal attack hit me for 40-100, v.smite hit me 1.8k(I have 2.5k HP, so it hurts but it didn't kill me), A.fury hit me for 600.

I was in my usual offensive DT- set with 1100 base defense, had CC gallant on before pull.

I think stacking defense should work. Even if you are on a job without gallant, Use rabbit pie, /BLU for cocoon, or use a more defensive DT set like Nyame or sakpata, or whatever attack down that you have available. And use med for erase if trust is slow.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-09-06 04:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Elegy counts for C magic burst objectives.

In addition, Swipe/Lunge do as well. It is likely MB anything, doesn't matter what it is as long as it bursts.
By Tarage 2022-09-06 04:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Amused because I just got my first +1 chest and it contained a SMN earring. Was not expecting that. Lowest possible augs tho, so no reason to stop farming yet. Still, even with lowest augs it's a BIS earring.
By Ruaumoko 2022-09-06 05:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Managed to get #B1 Casket by killing x3 Elementals within 30 seconds of aggro.
Recorded it and reviewed to ensure the time was accurate, it was.
[+]
By kinkanat 2022-09-06 06:19:42
Link | Citer | R

Yesterday we did our second Sortie run with some friends, we are 4 well prepared players, a Geo mule from a friend who is not playing at the moment and another new player Cor who has been playing for a short time and is only +5, but has Naegling and bumba set to R0.

We were Run, Blu, Brd, Rdm, Geo and Cor, we did almost all the objectives of A and B, but the final boss of B destroyed us even though we had all the KIs.

We saw late that he had to nuke the opposite element of his hand, but he still killed us.
Today we want to test the strategy of RUN, BLM, WHM, WAR, geo and Cor, do you think it would be better to take a BLM to have the final boss of B more controlled?
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 162 163 164