Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 162 163 164
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-30 15:34:03
Link | Citer | R

Not gonna lie that earring looking more like a rdm than blm sadly. It not bad at all just not a game changer.
 Bismarck.Zubuis
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2022-08-30 15:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Anyone not get an aurum after killing the 4 mini nms?
 Asura.Aerox
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2022-08-30 15:49:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zubuis said: »

Only when repopping 1 and not rekilling it before killing 4th NM. Seems they all have to be dead at the same time.
 Shiva.Cerderic
Serveur: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2022-08-30 15:50:41
Link | Citer | R

Did you respawn any? Only times I've seen it not drop is if we respawned porxie or bhoot to get the red chest before we killed all 4.
 Bismarck.Zubuis
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2022-08-30 15:52:25
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Cerderic said: »
Did you respawn any? Only times I've seen it not drop is if we respawned porxie or bhoot to get the red chest before we killed all 4.

Good to note. I might of respawned the Bhoot.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-30 15:56:36
Link | Citer | R

The +2 Wicce earring is actually pretty good. The extra int you get pushes it into best in slot for nuking. I wouldn’t want to nuke in a +1 though over malignance and regal. That’s a trend I’ve seen with many of the earrings. A few of them are pretty good even with just the base stats and for several the extra stat on the +1 is enough to make them good, but there are several that don’t start to look good until you get them in +2. I hope they ease the rate of getting better earrings when they expand sortie to include +3 armor.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-30 16:54:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The +2 Wicce earring is actually pretty good. The extra int you get pushes it into best in slot for nuking. I wouldn’t want to nuke in a +1 though over malignance and regal. That’s a trend I’ve seen with many of the earrings. A few of them are pretty good even with just the base stats and for several the extra stat on the +1 is enough to make them good, but there are several that don’t start to look good until you get them in +2. I hope they ease the rate of getting better earrings when they expand sortie to include +3 armor.
Oh don't get me wrong it 100% is bis now for sure I guess I was just hopping for different stat over enmity. The earrings for alot of jobs don't get worth it til +2 for sure. I'm with you hopefully we see changes with drop rate of the +2 I've seen nothing but nq earrings.
 Phoenix.Teorem
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Soybean
By Phoenix.Teorem 2022-08-30 19:22:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Now maybe he pops as soon as one of the locked B gates is opened and he just happened to spawn on the other side and instantly aggro me, but that's pretty odd. Just watched the video back and he certainly looks to be spawned and moving around when the locked B door opens.
The Bhoot can definitely pop just inside the #B locked door there. I've opened it before and the Bhoot was booking it down the hallway; however, it didn't turn around and aggro me through Sneak.

I've also seen some discussion while browsing JP sources that they think the Bhoot's time limit is 1 game hour (2:24). While the 6-second difference from what's been discussed isn't going to be a noticeable for a prepared party, I figured I'd mention it especially when the Bhoot can spawn and device-respawn all the way in the SE corner of the map and eat up valuable time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-30 19:29:57
Link | Citer | R

Link to that JP blog please? Is it one full game hour, or until the end of the current game hour? An important distinction.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-08-30 19:42:00
Link | Citer | R

I entered on SMN (+GEO) today for the unlocks and ended up going 4/4 on red chests, getting Aurum, and doing the A boss.

I hunted blue chests and observed:
* Got the B1 Casket in exactly 5 kills of Umbrils with Flaming Crush. Didn't WS all of them.
* Got the A1 Casket after killing 5 acuex (some WSs from AAEV).
* Got the D1 Casket by killing one of each job (not in party), so I can confirm that thing someone said. Unpartied WHM/BLM/RDM fomor are in near the boss and unpartied WAR/MNK/THF ones are on the other side of gate D1.

Flaming Crush was fine for my A boss brown chest hunting. I Crushed each Acuex and still ended up getting the brown chests. Bhoot also only took 4 Flaming Crushes to die.

I did the A boss with Monberaux, Ygnas, AAEV, and Valaineral trusts. They were perfectly self-sufficient (given metal and no healing the monster). Flaming Crush did 99k to the boss

2 sapphires, 3 nq cases, maybe 10kilomuffins?
[+]
 Phoenix.Teorem
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Soybean
By Phoenix.Teorem 2022-08-30 19:49:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Link to that JP blog please? Is it one full game hour, or until the end of the current game hour? An important distinction.
1 in-game hour as in 60 in-game minutes, which is exactly 2:24 in real (Earth) time.

I originally saw it here:

https://twitter.com/strikeret/status/1564373183469199360

That source later notes that the NA wiki(s) are saying 2:30, and I'm seeing the other sources beginning to settle on 2:30 as well:

https://wikiwiki.jp/ffxi/%E3%82%BD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3
http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/38599.html
https://leaguemili.com/blog-entry-2717.html

I haven't seen any leads on Casket #D2 yet.
By Koliz 2022-08-30 21:06:40
Link | Citer | R

The bhoot definitely popped for me after only opening locked B gate closest to B device. Haven't done many runs and was super low on time so pulled bhoot to device c hoping for the C device KI and it didn't drop it when killed. Also no red chest but I took about 3min to kill from pull.
By mynameisgonz 2022-08-30 21:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I entered on SMN (+GEO) today for the unlocks and ended up going 4/4 on red chests, getting Aurum, and doing the A boss.

I hunted blue chests and observed:
* Got the B1 Casket in exactly 5 kills of Umbrils with Flaming Crush. Didn't WS all of them.
* Got the A1 Casket after killing 5 acuex (some WSs from AAEV).
* Got the D1 Casket by killing one of each job (not in party), so I can confirm that thing someone said. Unpartied WHM/BLM/RDM fomor are in near the boss and unpartied WAR/MNK/THF ones are on the other side of gate D1.

Flaming Crush was fine for my A boss brown chest hunting. I Crushed each Acuex and still ended up getting the brown chests. Bhoot also only took 4 Flaming Crushes to die.

I did the A boss with Monberaux, Ygnas, AAEV, and Valaineral trusts. They were perfectly self-sufficient (given metal and no healing the monster). Flaming Crush did 99k to the boss

2 sapphires, 3 nq cases, maybe 10kilomuffins?

replicated tonight. confirmed drop and red chest from porxie.
[+]
By klayy 2022-08-30 21:28:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Oh another thing from my run today. I was reading that many were thinking that you activate Bhoot's red chest by killing him within 2.5 minutes of opening a C gate. Well he aggroed me today through B gate, I opened it, ran to a C gate and kill the bhoot about 1 minute later... no chest. It may have not dropped due to me damaging and aggroing him before opening a C gate but wanted to share my expereince.

Same thing happened to us the first time we leanred about 2.5 mins. Popped the B gate near the corse room, went in, nothing on scan. So I doubled back to the other side of the air/thunder ele room and the damn ghost was in B (3rd time I've seen it in this exact spot just ont he wrong side of that gate). Killed it but nothing. Evry time we have found it in C and killed it in under 2:30 sinc popping into that zone, we've seen red. We had never seen it prior because I'd go thru the B gates to C1, do the SC/burst obj on the skellys then do the C boss before even looking for the bhoot.
By zigzagzig 2022-08-30 22:35:03
Link | Citer | R

Did a run last night and saw mini NM leech south part of the map. went down and started to do objectives.
after few minutes checked S.C and wasn't there anymore.
Went midle to check, then went up to clear north map ,still no nm.
Did NM-A ,then found Leech nm after it north of the zone.
Depop, repop, or moving out-zone no idea...south to north.

Also regarding FXIDB , yes sometimes works, sometimes not.
( unload, reload doesn't work ,neither reset map , strange behaviour, but repop straight when you go back outside )
By shastax 2022-08-30 22:54:47
Link | Citer | R

futalis said: »
For B casket: current theory our group is testing is whether or not you have to have an elemental debuff on you when you kill the elemental.

Our DP cor often has high success doing all the B objectives but last night we had a whm near him that was removing the debuff and caused the objective to not behave as expected.

Not sure if it's a coincidence but will probably test it out today.

He usually just uses leaden salute for lots of damage.

I got more info on my theory today for the B1 casket. So far, it seems to hold true. Gravity from Air Elemental did not seem to count, but killing the Air with Choke on myself, and Thunder with Shock seemed to work (3 kills under those conditions). I'm wondering if people who are getting this on umbrils are killing the umbril with the Doom effect on themselves (or some other debuff; not sure what debuffs umbrils do since I always avoid them).

Also, we tested the speed kill on the C Bhoot (kill within 2.5 mins of teleporting to C). Got the red coffer as expected.

And a final fun surprise, we managed to get the D2 casket somehow. I'm going to include some excessive info now about this section of our run since this is the first I've heard anyone mention getting the D2 casket:

Our party composition was COR SCH RDM GEO WAR Cornelia. GEO was running Fury & Frailty. Our WAR went earlier in the run to get the D1 chest and D2 chest objectives then used Device teleport to C for objectives in C. About 30 minutes later we all went back to D together. We killed the D Deleterious first. We aggroed a few mobs from the NM pull in the room just south of the Device; I dropped aggro using the Device and someone else picked up the NM claim. Then killed D NM. We then pulled another few mob from the same group south of the teleporter, but realized we needed to kill the mobs north of it to get the D1 casket objective so we dropped aggro again using the Device. I ended up aggroing those mobs again because one guy got left behind and would've aggroed them if I hadn't. I teleported to the main Device to drop that aggro (along with my alt this time). I decided to walk back to D since there were now unaggroed mobs on top of the D Device. I ended up having to open the locked D gate at F-6 on the composite map just east of the main Device (this part seems significant). We then did 4 step skillchains on the 6 fomors in the room just north of the D Device, which gave us chest D3, chest D4, casket D1, casket D2, and coffer D.

Order of what I consider to be important events:
  • Teleport to D

• Drop temp item to get D2 chest

• Open gates to get D1 chest

• Kill WAR fomor

• Teleport to C and do other objectives in C

• Teleport to D

• Kill D NM

• Open Locked D gate

• Kill MNK after 4 step (by our WAR, filtered from my logs)

• Kill WHM after 4 step (by our RDM, filtered from my logs)

• Kill BLM after 4 step (got red coffer and D3 chest)

• Kill RDM after 4 step

• Kill THF after 4 step (got D1 casket and D2 casket)

• Kill WAR after 4 step (got D4 chest)

Additional info: Our buffs were standard. GEO did Fury & Frailty. COR did Samurai/Chaos Rolls and Haste Samba (subbed DNC). We all had Protect/Shell and Regen V. DDs had Haste II and Cornelia's Indi-Haste. We debuffed mobs with standard RDM spells: Silence (even on non-mages, used to pull mobs), Bind (on some), Distract (only on THF), Dia III. It was Lightsday. SCH did not cast anything offensive. We killed the mini NMs in this order: C > A > B > D.

Logs from this run (apologies but I have other players' actions filtered out) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EEtva_NxLnG-H9HSwA0QsVt_PFgYLa19/view?usp=sharing

Also sorry for the fuzziness on which chests dropped when. I will update this post once I get a little more info from the other party members. Updated with corrected chest drop info.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-30 23:13:17
Link | Citer | R

shastax said: »
give permission to view for anyone with the link to view.
document just says 'access denied.'

thank you
By shastax 2022-08-30 23:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
give permission to view for anyone with the link to view.
document just says 'access denied.'

My mistake. I fixed it.
By klayy 2022-08-30 23:20:38
Link | Citer | R

I got more info on my theory today for the B1 casket. So far, it seems to hold true. Gravity from Air Elemental did not seem to count, but killing the Air with Choke on myself, and Thunder with Shock seemed to work (3 kills under those conditions). I'm wondering if people who are getting this on umbrils are killing the umbril with the Doom effect on themselves (or some other debuff; not sure what debuffs umbrils do since I always avoid them).

Hmm like those debuffs on you at any point or like on kill? Cant say i've ever really paid attention to those. My most successful strat has been killing quickly with leaden/AE/some other WS. Usually get it within 3. Today i felt like we were a bit slow on the first two kills and was a bit surprised when it dropped blue on the third.

Re: you're experience in D... the chest(s?) after 5th trash kill seem to be the one in question? Unless you killed a WAR before engaging that party. I can see the red from 3x kills, the 2 browns from 4-step x3 and x3 again and a blue chest from 6 diff job kills. If you got 2 blues then yeah, idk. I wanna say I recall someone talking about trying to find a trash mob that resembled the composite the NM was made up of and killing it/those maybe. Cant say I've ever thought about looking into it. We usually kill all roamers/bosses and try all the known objs... had 8 mins left over today so we cleaved trash. Getting to the point where could have some time left over.. tho tbh I usually dont bother with Leshonn till everything else is dead bc he can mess up a run quick if things go even slightly sideways. Nothing else in the zone is much of a risk at this point.

Do you remember what your fomor NM looked like i.e. its job and what it was wearing. idk if it matters but I do remember someone saying something about that maybe being a thing.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-08-30 23:33:00
Link | Citer | R

klayy said: »

Hmm like those debuffs on you at any point or like on kill? Cant say i've ever really paid attention to those. My most successful strat has been killing quickly with leaden/AE/some other WS. Usually get it within 3. Today i felt like we were a bit slow on the first two kills and was a bit surprised when it dropped blue on the third.

Re: you're experience in D... the chest(s?) after 5th trash kill seem to be the one in question? Unless you killed a WAR before engaging that party. I can see the red from 3x kills, the 2 browns from 4-step x3 and x3 again and a blue chest from 6 diff job kills. If you got 2 blues then yeah, idk. I wanna say I recall someone talking about trying to find a trash mob that resembled the composite the NM was made up of and killing it/those maybe. Cant say I've ever thought about looking into it. We usually kill all roamers/bosses and try all the known objs... had 8 mins left over today so we cleaved trash. Getting to the point where could have some time left over.. tho tbh I usually dont bother with Leshonn till everything else is dead bc he can mess up a run quick if things go even slightly sideways. Nothing else in the zone is much of a risk at this point.

Do you remember what your fomor NM looked like i.e. its job and what it was wearing. idk if it matters but I do remember someone saying something about that maybe being a thing.

We speculated heavily on that early on since it seems to be the only enemy in the game that spawns with a random hodgepodge of armor/race/job combo anywhere we could think of, but nothing ever came of it.
By shastax 2022-08-30 23:35:41
Link | Citer | R

klayy said: »

Hmm like those debuffs on you at any point or like on kill? Cant say i've ever really paid attention to those. My most successful strat has been killing quickly with leaden/AE/some other WS. Usually get it within 3. Today i felt like we were a bit slow on the first two kills and was a bit surprised when it dropped blue on the third. It also explains why people going in a big group to do it don't usually get the casket. If a tank pulls it, then a DD kills it, the DD will never have that debuff on them because it'd be casted on the tank.

I focused on killing the elementals when the debuff was on. I never really paid much attention to them before either but it would make sense why faster kills seem to work (those debuffs last about 1 minute). And it also explains why it sometimes takes more kills for the chest to drop (sometimes they just don't cast those debuffs).

And yeah I suspect our WAR may have killed a fomor WAR earlier in the run when he was getting the D1 chest by opening gates. That's the only thing that really makes sense for why we got a chest on the 5th kill later.

I can't really comment on what gear the NM and other fomors were wearing. I didn't record video of the run.
By shastax 2022-08-30 23:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Our Warrior confirmed he did kill a fomor WAR earlier in the run when he was getting the D1 chest gates. I'll update my previous post with the correct chests and when they dropped.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-31 00:10:39
Link | Citer | R

so 5 kills after a party member died to the group of D mobs.
also killed a THF, deleterious was also a THF.
wondering if the THF was the same race or wore the same AF1/2/3 as the deleterious's thf equip.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-08-31 01:02:42
Link | Citer | R

so the problem that everyone has been talking about with leshonn not spawning just happened to my party with hades. so i'm wondering if there's a trigger to actually make them pop or if it's legit a glitch?
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-31 01:13:12
Link | Citer | R

One of our runs, Degei didn't spawn. We did everything the same as we always do but he simply wasn't there for once.

gotta be a glitch.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-08-31 01:17:30
Link | Citer | R

So if it is something along the lines of killing the jobs matching him then there is some hinky *** going on. Because our Deleterious just had PLD Empy legs on and there aren't any Demisang Paladins.

For reference today's Deleterious: Elvan, GAxe, MNK AF Head, RDM Empy Body, WHM AF Gloves, PLD Empy Legs, WAR AF Boots.

After thorough exploration, I was also able to note that there was not a Relic Warrior anywhere to be found.

Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-08-31 02:17:25
Link | Citer | R

not sure if this info helps at all, as I've been popping in and out of this thread and not paying close enough attention, but I just got a section #B blue chest from killing elementals solo on RNG with just Trueflight kills. Didn't achieve the brown chest objectives as I have Arciela (1) trust out as she's one of the few who hastes RNGs and her melee attacks count as WSs.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-08-31 02:42:02
Link | Citer | R

one of our members has gone ranger the last couple of times and it seems to be quite useful for the widescan. he's also doing double light/darkness with the same on the bosses to make them melt.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-08-31 02:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
one of our members has gone ranger the last couple of times and it seems to be quite useful for the widescan. he's also doing double light/darkness with the same on the bosses to make them melt.

no doubt- I definitely saw the benefits of bringing RNG for the widescan and boss versatility (as we can deal damage of multiple types and weapons so very well), but I doubted its functionality for more than just that, so I decided to try it solo.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
Serveur: Asura
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-08-31 06:22:25
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a nice route for full clearing? We are 3 players multi boxing 2 characters each (pld brd Blu cor whm geo usually) and find we are losing a ton of time getting to the bosses from being in the middle to hit objectives (mainly SC MB on C device).
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 162 163 164