Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 162 163 164
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2022-08-29 02:55:21
Link | Citer | R

If I get a metal and then kill the associated enemies in one run, but not the boss, will it stay "charged" on the following run? It didn't seem like it worked on Leshonn, but it was my first fight against him and I probably didn't magic burst enough.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Bangla
Serveur: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2022-08-29 03:20:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Echohawk said: »
If I get a metal and then kill the associated enemies in one run, but not the boss, will it stay "charged" on the following run? It didn't seem like it worked on Leshonn, but it was my first fight against him and I probably didn't magic burst enough.
I do not believe killing any extra enemies is required for the bosses. We just get the shard / metal and savage blade them down and they do a bit of damage but nothing serious.

We've had issues when our damage was slower. But no issues whatsoever since killing them with WAR with BRD / COR buffs.
[+]
By Tarage 2022-08-29 03:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Is it even possible for a non-magic job to hit Chest #A3 and Chest #A4 with trusts?

I would love a list of the harder completable tasks that are completable relying on trusts alone...
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-08-29 05:09:23
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
Just killed the Bhoot NM as the first mob in C. Didn't drop chest.

Was it killed within 2.5 mins of entering C by locked door or device? The current theory is it spawns when you get to C and have 2.5 mins to kill it.

We ported in with the diaphanous device, so that was our bad.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2022-08-29 06:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Tarage said: »
Is it even possible for a non-magic job to hit Chest #A3 and Chest #A4 with trusts?

I would love a list of the harder completable tasks that are completable relying on trusts alone...

I'm 100% on getting them on MNK/WAR using auto-attacks only and having the following Trusts: Cherukiki, Koru-Moru, Ulmia, Joachim, Cornelia.

I fight Hecteyes just NE of Device A to do this. Three kills for the first brown chest, three more for the second. It isn't fast, but it works. Whenever I throw in a WS or two, it messes it up.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-08-29 06:20:52
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Vargasfinio said: »
Tarage said: »

I'm 100% on getting them on MNK/WAR using auto-attacks only and having the following Trusts: Cherukiki, Koru-Moru, Ulmia, Joachim, Cornelia.

I fight Hecteyes just NE of Device A to do this. Three kills for the first brown chest, three more for the second. It isn't fast, but it works. Whenever I throw in a WS or two, it messes it up.

Do you use Formless Strikes?
 Asura.Schroe
Serveur: Asura
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-08-29 07:45:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bixbite said: »
What about killing all 4 nms for the garunteed? Aurum coffer. Its not too hard solo, at least on Pup.
Did this last night after getting #c and #d keys which I never grabbed the last week. Killed all 4 NMs, then farmed muffins. Came away with 7k muffins, 3 sapphires and 1 old case +1. Aurum coffer is probably the best bet if solo. I'll try and optimize to get 4 minor NMs, blue caskets and Ghatjot.
 Phoenix.Teorem
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Soybean
By Phoenix.Teorem 2022-08-29 07:52:58
Link | Citer | R

cuddlyhamster said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Has anybody tested if BST pet Magical Ready moves (like Fireball from Warlike Patrick) count towards the A shard/metal objectives?
Phoenix.Teorem said: »
Tonight, I tried to use WarlikePatrick's Fireball to see if that would trigger the chest objectives, but I was not able to get to get either after clearing all 12 acuex in the north (including killing 5 at once). Fireball hit for 10k every time with this alt's decent pet MAB gear. Unfortunately I timed out before I was able to finish the entire south area pull with Unleash'd Fireball (~15k).
I repeated this #A shard test with Fireball tonight. All mobs were kept claimed/red, as frequently as possible.

Party: PLD, BST, GEO, Joachim, Yoran-Oran, Monberaux

Group 1 (6 acuexes):
- PLD melee damage only
- no weaponskills used (Yoran-Oran used Nott 2 times)
- 2 Diagas, 1 Banishga
- Mix: Dark Potion used 0 times
- Fireball was the only other source of damage (no Fire magic), used 14 times (consistently 10609 damage unresisted)
- all mobs died with Dia on

I met only the 5-kill Casket #A1 objective.

Group 2 (6 acuexes):
- PLD melee damage only
- no weaponskills used (Yoran-Oran used Nott 0 times)
- 10 Diagas, 2 Banishga, 2 Geo-Malaise
- Mix: Dark Potion used 1 time
- Fireball was the only other source of damage (no Fire magic), used 13 times (11530,11773 damage with Malaise)
- all mobs died with Dia on

No objectives were met.

Before the mobs died, I waited for the log to show Dia wearing off the mobs before reapplying it the last time. Geo-Malaise was recast before the acuexes died about ~30s later, and the luopan was still alive (dematerialized).
 Shiva.Cerderic
Serveur: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2022-08-29 08:10:58
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Shiva.Cerderic said: »
BLU using only support trusts.
3 acuex doing melee/ws/magic always killing blow with Subduction. No chest.

3 more acuex using melee/magic but no WS and always killing blow with Subduction. No chest (aside from the casket on 5 kills)

Was royally confused and already wasted too much time, so headed elsewhere and accidentally aggroed #7. Used melee, savage blade twice and killed it with subduction and got Chest #A3 (shard).

I have absolutely no idea what the condition is lmao. My subductions were only ever 2-5k damage.

You need claim on them to count for the chest. So you had 1 from the first pull, 1 from the second pull and when you got the 7th that was kill number 3.
I believe you're correct that the kills weren't counting, as I was switching targets when they got low HP. Thus, #3, #6, and #7 would be the ones that counted. But what I don't understand is that the #7 acuex (that dropped the chest) was the one I used Savage Blade on, while others are reporting you can't use WSs at all. There's also no way I did more magic damage on that acuex than WS damage, though maybe my white + magic damage > my WS damage.
By SimonSes 2022-08-29 08:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Schroe said: »
What about killing all 4 nms for the garunteed? Aurum coffer. Its not too hard solo, at least on Pup.
Did this last night after getting #c and #d keys which I never grabbed the last week. Killed all 4 NMs, then farmed muffins. Came away with 7k muffins, 3 sapphires and 1 old case +1. Aurum coffer is probably the best bet if solo. I'll try and optimize to get 4 minor NMs, blue caskets and Ghatjot.

Same idea as me, but I would prefer other boss than A, since for A shard you need nukes job, while for killing bosses you are better with melee job. Obviously there is simply solution for this BLU or RDM, but generally boss C might be easier to farm and kill?

EDIT: I guess seeing results with trusts using magic and using low/none WSs shard/metal for A can be doable after all for melee. Would still be hard (time consuming) to kill and don't WS on some jobs tho.
By SimonSes 2022-08-29 08:26:30
Link | Citer | R

This is interesting but we have logs of where its a BLU cleaving them down all claimed, and no drop after 7-8 mobs until we applied malaise and went 6/6

By KujahFoxfire 2022-08-24 15:41:07
Delete | Edit | Link | Block | Pm | Quote | Reply | Score: 1

Some notes from two runs today:

A Obj:

We had a blu aoeing down acuex with some interesting results:

1 - malaise on
2 - malaise on
3/4/5/6/7/8 - no malaise
9 - malaise on (first obj)
10 - malaise on
11 - malaise on
12 - malaise on (2nd obj)

All nukes were 10-30k in varying amounts, seems only the ones with malaise on counted. Are we potentially all wrong and its debuff related?

I was doing it easily without malaise on blu. I always use only Entomb, Searing and Floe. All of those has enfeebling effects tho, so idk.
By mynameisgonz 2022-08-29 08:29:53
Link | Citer | R

My group is successfully clearing A objectives with en spells and auto attacks. No need for nukers. Credit to Kyouryoko.
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-08-29 08:30:48
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Schroe said: »

Same idea as me, but I would prefer other boss than A, since for A shard you need nukes job, while for killing bosses you are better with melee job. Obviously there is simply solution for this BLU or RDM, but generally boss C might be easier to farm and kill?

EDIT: I guess seeing results with trusts using magic and using low/none WSs shard/metal for A can be doable after all for melee. Would still be hard (time consuming) to kill and don't WS on some jobs tho.
I have been going in on BLU and RDM. I can go in on PLD but would rather do that in a group. BLU and RDM have been pretty solid for solo so far.
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2022-08-29 08:42:00
Link | Citer | R

So I respawned the Bhoot after failing to get red - teleported in, ran straight to it past the corses and killed it for a total time of 2:48 :(

I repopped bhoot but he was right in the middle of the Corse and stupid me went sam/drg so couldnt pull it safely.

Gave up and finished off all the NMs hoping for aurum coffer but it didnt spawn! Assume because bhoot was technically still alive? Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-08-29 08:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Killed a few corse monsters on Sam in under 30 seconds... I ran right in because they cast right away. Killed at least one in the group each time in under 30 seconds. Fought multiple groupings to ensure that they did not aggro/engage early.

No C1 casket
So 3 monsters in under 30 seconds should be revisited.
[+]
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2022-08-29 09:02:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Killed a few corse monsters on Sam in under 30 seconds... I ran right in because they cast right away. Killed at least one in the group each time in under 30 seconds. Fought multiple groupings to ensure that they did not aggro/engage early.

No C1 casket
So 3 monsters in under 30 seconds should be revisited.

I also killed several corse, bhoot and skele in 20-30secs and didnt get it but I had a few hp aggros from running to engage casters.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-08-29 09:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have any tips for pulling the formor mobs? Their layout is like a web. I have had to sack pull a few times with a brd, they also do not run back right away.

Can a brd sleep them with enough macc? I am about to pump the lullaby build way way up for my own testing. Need to pick out some food.

Entomb works so I am assuming break works as well
 Odin.Bangla
Serveur: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2022-08-29 09:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aerox said: »
So I respawned the Bhoot after failing to get red - teleported in, ran straight to it past the corses and killed it for a total time of 2:48 :(

I repopped bhoot but he was right in the middle of the Corse and stupid me went sam/drg so couldnt pull it safely.

Gave up and finished off all the NMs hoping for aurum coffer but it didnt spawn! Assume because bhoot was technically still alive? Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this.

I think you are correct. I killed Porxie otw to Bhoost as it aggroed me. Repopped it for my group to kill after they got the blue casket. The aurum coffer dropped for my group after they killed the Porxie again.

Anyone have any tips for pulling the formor mobs? Their layout is like a web. I have had to sack pull a few times with a brd, they also do not run back right away.

Can a brd sleep them with enough macc? I am about to pump the lullaby build way way up for my own testing. Need to pick out some food.

I face pulled them on cor and ran away towards the nearest Device to zone them. They walk back slowly and spaced out. Able to separate them more easily.
[+]
By Sockfoot 2022-08-29 09:11:05
Link | Citer | R

mynameisgonz said: »
My group is successfully clearing A objectives with en spells and auto attacks. No need for nukers. Credit to Kyouryoko.
There is more to it than just this as we and others have tried this.

Also tried the #debuffs > #WS and that didn't work either.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-29 09:14:13
Link | Citer | R

Break and bind. You can also manifestation to lock down the whole group if sch or /sch is available.
By shastax 2022-08-29 09:14:58
Link | Citer | R

mynameisgonz said: »

Did you have any trusts? Was anyone using Formless Strikes?
By shastax 2022-08-29 09:16:35
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Cbolt said: »
Thanks for this, is it possible to overwrite the map 113_0 for U1 too so I can use the custom Sortie one?

It already is in my map folder. If you don't like that map though you can overwrite both with another.

I think what he was asking is, "will overwriting map 113 change the normal Outer Ra'Kaznar map in Adoulin? How can we change the map for Sortie without affecting others?"
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2022-08-29 09:24:44
Link | Citer | R

I just want to confirm that for D shard and metal, it is 4-steps SC that are needed and NOT 3-steps like it's currently written in the wiki.
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-29 09:31:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shaedhen said: »
I just want to confirm that for D shard and metal, it is 4-steps SC that are needed and NOT 3-steps like it's currently written in the wiki.
It's a 3-step.
that's 3 skillchains done, 4 WSs.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Teorem
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Soybean
By Phoenix.Teorem 2022-08-29 09:54:09
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
Asura.Shaedhen said: »
It's a 3-step.
that's 3 skillchains done, 4 WSs.
Respectfully, the number of "steps" has always been the number of weaponskills involved, even in the context of Omen and Vagary objectives.

If you believe the references all over these very forums are too subjective, there's always the official source:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/development/vt/extra/03-2.html
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 162 163 164