Link | Citer | R

Sakpata has higher MDB than Nyame.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-05-30 09:22:16
Link | Citer | R

I see a lot of effort to increase first MDB then MEVA, in that order? And is it true for the other members, do they have a special MDB set for aminon?
By K123 2024-05-30 09:31:46
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Yeah I just use Reikiko since my Tacticians always gets dispeled. Reikiko, Soda spam, Tincture and Wing.

This is my aminion set. Make sure your back is against an object or you get knocked back pretty often.

ItemSet 395694
Oh damn, a use for Reikiko years after I tossed them
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-30 09:32:26
Link | Citer | R

See also: PLD for Ongo if doing multiple KI. There are other uses I'm sure
By Taint 2024-05-30 09:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
I see a lot of effort to increase first MDB then MEVA, in that order? And is it true for the other members, do they have a special MDB set for aminon?

I get hit for next to nothing in that set. I've seen Martel use Nyame over Sakpata but either way StoneSkin times out before wearing with a good phalanx set.

The rest of the members just focus on Regain gear including Regal Gloves if they have them. The damage output from Aminion is easily handled and the extra cure amounts just give the PLD more hate.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-30 10:09:00
Link | Citer | R

I get hit for next to nothing in that set. I've seen Martel use Nyame over Sakpata but either way StoneSkin times out before wearing with a good phalanx set.

The rest of the members just focus on Regain gear including Regal Gloves if they have them. The damage output from Aminion is easily handled and the extra cure amounts just give the PLD more hate.

To expand on this, it seems like aminon only gets TP from the specific target of his abilities, so everyone but the tank can take liberty to take more damage to make better use of the regal gloves effect. As long as there is a balance that the pld can maintain people's HP level, it should be fine.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
Serveur: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-05-30 10:42:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
To expand on this, it seems like aminon only gets TP from the specific target of his abilities

Mobs don't get tp from AoE melee swings beyond their primary target. I've gone to bumba on corsair and stood right next to him with the blue mage to keep an entrust bubble effect up. I was taking low but non-zero damage the whole time and it was fine. Having extra people near Mboze on KI1 doesn't make him more spammy. And when my sortie group fights aminon all 5 of the non-tanks are constantly taking hits from him. It never feeds him tp. Absorb tp wouldn't be enough to keep aminon's tp gain at bay if 5 people were feeding him tp EVERY swing he makes. Only the tank needs to maintain stoneskin and get hit for zero in that fight.

It's still a good idea to keep a reasonable defensive idele, but there's no reason the dancer can't throw up an AoE waltz now and again after reverse flourish. It affords them more than enough tp to both waltz and still weaponskill immediately after, and with centovente offhand it won't affect damage output much. I do it all the time when people are getting a bit low to ease the cure burden when our tank is busy with stoneskin recasts.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-30 10:51:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
To expand on this, it seems like aminon only gets TP from the specific target of his abilities

Mobs don't get tp from AoE melee swings beyond their primary target. I've gone to bumba on corsair and stood right next to him with the blue mage to keep an entrust bubble effect up. I was taking low but non-zero damage the whole time and it was fine. Having extra people near Mboze on KI1 doesn't make him more spammy. And when my sortie group fights aminon all 5 of the non-tanks are constantly taking hits from him. It never feeds him tp. Absorb tp wouldn't be enough to keep aminon's tp gain at bay if 5 people were feeding him tp EVERY swing he makes. Only the tank needs to maintain stoneskin and get hit for zero in that fight.

It's still a good idea to keep a reasonable defensive idele, but there's no reason the dancer can't throw up an AoE waltz now and again after reverse flourish. It affords them more than enough tp to both waltz and still weaponskill immediately after, and with centovente offhand it won't affect damage output much. I do it all the time when people are getting a bit low to ease the cure burden when our tank is busy with stoneskin recasts.

I only used the word seems because I haven't personally done any tests, but it's pretty much general knowledge at this point I feel like.

As for defensive sets, on DNC I think I'm actually taking net positive MDT due to my idle set. It's not too risky, and honestly haven't ever had to throw out a waltz, although you're right that I probably could.

Idle set is:
ItemSet 395796

Cape is PDT augment/tp cape

so my net MDT is +4 MDT taken
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-05-30 11:02:21
Link | Citer | R

Use your empyrean +3 gloves and get your +30 reverse flourish toetapper mantle if you haven't. I get over 1500 tp from reverse which is more than enough to waltz and weaponskill.
By K123 2024-05-30 12:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone made a "teach me how to DNC Aminon like I'm a 5 year old" video? I'm sure it's mostly obvious and I could work the rest out but I'm lazy.

Also, theoretically, could it be done with Aeneas, only it would be a bit slower?
By Taint 2024-05-30 13:36:01
Link | Citer | R

Stealing this from a guide so no video but:

Climactic Flourish > 1. Ruthless > Reverse Flourish > 2. Rudra > Grand Pas + Trance >

3. Ruthless > Reverse Flourish > 4. Rudra > Reverse Flourish > 5. Ruthless >

Reverse Flourish > 6. Ruthless > Jump + High Jump + No Foot Rise > 7. Ruthless >

Reverse Flourish > 8. Ruthless > Icarus Wing/Volte Harness > 9. Ruthless.

And yes any dagger works but Prime helps greatly with doing 9/9 runs which should be the goal. 9/9 IMO is easier (once learned) then going Aminion every other run since SPs usage is consistent and planned out.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-05-30 13:40:21
Link | Citer | R

That's sick you can wear Regal Gauntlets on DNC
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-05-30 13:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Climactic Flourish > 1. Ruthless > Reverse Flourish > 2. Rudra > Grand Pas + Trance >

Reverse Flourish > 6. Ruthless > Jump + High Jump + No Foot Rise > 7. Ruthless >

And yes any dagger works but Prime helps greatly with doing 9/9 runs which should be the goal. 9/9 IMO is easier (once learned) then going Aminion every other run since SPs usage is consistent and planned out.

Slightly different sequence I do:

Climactic > Ruthless > Reverse > Grand Pas > Rudra > Reverse > Ruthless

Trance > Rudra > Reverse > Ruthless > Reverse > Rudra

Super Jump > Jump > High Jump

Climactic > No Foot Rise > Ruthless > Reverse > Rudra > Icarus > Ruthless > Frostbloom Tincture > Rudra > Volte (if you have it, I don't) > Ruthless

K123 said: »
Has anyone made a "teach me how to DNC Aminon like I'm a 5 year old" video? I'm sure it's mostly obvious and I could work the rest out but I'm lazy.

Also, theoretically, could it be done with Aeneas, only it would be a bit slower?

Start with applying box step level 10 while everyone is getting situated, then go with the above Grand Pas/Trance opener. I usually wait for our BRD to finish songs and start immediately after GEO uses bolster.

Remember that jumps do NOT give TP to aminon, but they do consume climactic stacks.

From there, keep box step from falling and use presto+quick/feather/stutter to keep finishing moves up. From there its just maximizing your climactic and reverse flourish timers to get as many WS under climactic as possible, alternating between Ruthless and Rudra (or shark and rudra if aeonic).

Keep frontier soda on as much as possible for the extra regain.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-30 13:57:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »

Slightly different sequence I do:

Climactic > Ruthless > Reverse > Grand Pas > Rudra > Reverse > Ruthless

Trance > Rudra > Reverse > Ruthless > Reverse > Rudra

Super Jump > Jump > High Jump

Climactic > No Foot Rise > Ruthless > Reverse > Rudra > Icarus > Ruthless > Frostbloom Tincture > Rudra > Volte (if you have it, I don't) > Ruthless

K123 said: »

Start with applying box step level 10 while everyone is getting situated, then go with the above Grand Pas/Trance opener. I usually wait for our BRD to finish songs and start immediately after GEO uses bolster.

Remember that jumps do NOT give TP to aminon, but they do consume climactic stacks.

From there, keep box step from falling and use presto+quick/feather/stutter to keep finishing moves up. From there its just maximizing your climactic and reverse flourish timers to get as many WS under climactic as possible, alternating between Ruthless and Rudra (or shark and rudra if aeonic).

Keep frontier soda on as much as possible for the extra regain.

I do a variation of this with some slight changes. I find the first climactic is dropping by the end of Grand Pas cycle. I will do a non-presto'd boxstep before doing the second climactic and it goes:

Climactic => Presto Something (usually second quickstep) => Ruthless => Reverse => Rudra's => Call for Random Deal => Icarus => Ruthless => Reverse => Ruthless => Tincture => Ruthless => Jump => No Foot Rise => Rudra's => High Jump => wait 2-3 ticks => Ruthless

Edit: I don't do jumps before the first random because I want to make sure random hits at least reverse flourish but also get Climactic back 90% of the time too.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-05-30 14:07:51
Link | Citer | R

What are you parsing/WS avgs Shadow?

Obviously depends on the group but I am usually at the 2.2m~ dmg mark for Aminon and my WS averages are typically in the mid to high 80s, last night for whatever reason I averaged 96k.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-30 14:18:48
Link | Citer | R

on HM almost always ~2.5-2.6M (30-32 WS per, not a lot of variation)

Last 5 or 6 runs avg has been 86-89k

On NQ i've done it once, and WS avg was 96k
By alamihgo 2024-05-30 14:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Tincture

Don't forget to cook the locus, Asura. Anyone can do it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-05-30 15:21:25
Link | Citer | R

I usually parse over 3M on HM with DRK. 2.2-2.5M seems low for DNC.

How long does it take you to kill it? I think that's more meaningful than total dmg or WS avg.
By Dodik 2024-05-30 16:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Total dmg will obviously depend how much the rest of the party is doing. You know, the five other people there with you that aren't on drk or dnc.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2024-05-30 16:27:31
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Idle set is:
ItemSet 395796

you have the wrong hands there
 Fenrir.Positron
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2024-05-30 16:29:12
Link | Citer | R

on HM almost always ~2.5-2.6M (30-32 WS per, not a lot of variation)

Last 5 or 6 runs avg has been 86-89k

On NQ i've done it once, and WS avg was 96k

As mentioned above, total damage output varies (inversely) with how well the rest of the party is doing, but so does WS average. When I have double 11s and/or the rest of the party is keeping their WSes evenly spaced, I can WS more often which means I get more WS outside Climactic Flourish.

With my static group and good rolls my parse is right around 2.8m with a WS average of 78-80k (hard mode), but on a run with a substitute player and mediocre rolls my parse can go as high as 3.3m with a WS average closer to 90k. The fight will take 2-3 minutes longer in such a case, so the parse is not really that useful except for debugging WS frequency issues.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-30 16:34:29
Link | Citer | R

That's partly why I listed my ws occurrence on average being 30-32 WS. I've never not been DNC on this method so far, so not sure what that is like compared to other groups, so just listed the average number of WS as well.

Our time was usually between ~8.5 (best) and ~11 minutes. Ironically, I still always end up at right around 2.5-2.6M no matter the time (anectdotally).

Edit:

Asura.Toralin said: »

Idle set is:
ItemSet 395796

you have the wrong hands there

So I did.. fixed.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-05-30 16:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
I usually parse over 3M on HM with DRK. 2.2-2.5M seems low for DNC.

How long does it take you to kill it? I think that's more meaningful than total dmg or WS avg.

We kill NQ in 7minutes from “engage”, DNC is about 30%, COR 20~, RDM and BRD somewhere in the 15 range and GEO at 8-10.

Waiting on a few more members to hit stage4 before we try Hard mode.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-05-30 18:19:16
Link | Citer | R

I see ppl talking about DRK, is that for 9/9, and can you elaborate?
By K123 2024-05-31 03:21:39
Link | Citer | R

I see ppl talking about DRK, is that for 9/9, and can you elaborate?
People used DRK before DNC became a thing. I think people did 9/9 on it.
By Taint 2024-05-31 07:51:38
Link | Citer | R

DNC brings so much to the table its just hard to justify DRK for consistent 9/9 farming.

lvl10 Box set alone is a huge buff.
Chocobo jig after C/G.
Waltz for erase and spot healing.
And of course their massive burst.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-05-31 10:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Yeah DRK takes the same slot as DNC being the main DD. It's a natural fit for the strategy because it has Absorb-TP as well.

lvl10 Box set alone is a huge buff.
Chocobo jig after C/G.
Waltz for erase and spot healing.
And of course their massive burst.
In addition I'd add to this one of the things that makes it a viable DRK replacement is that DNC has native subtle blow and 1H weaponskills give a LOT less TP than 2H weaponskills. Even accounting for the loss of one Absorb-TPer, the DNC setup usually ends up feeding less TP overall. (Although people have to be careful during Grand Pas because the DNC is going wild during that time.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Xax
By Phoenix.Xax 2024-06-01 15:57:53
Link | Citer | R

im assuming DRk is abusing occult acumen impact and origin spam basically to feed as little tp as possible?
By Nariont 2024-06-01 16:38:33
Link | Citer | R

OA impact, abs-TP with higher returns due to emp gloves, origin spam for dmg/keep mp up to keep doing impacts, aspir2 otherwise inbetween the above along with standard tact roll/regain idle, can use ratri body/regal gloves to get additional tp generation on dmg taken
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157 158 159