Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 162 163 164
By SimonSes 2022-11-11 07:01:49
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »

Managed to replicate the result of Mirdain.

Tulittia was in the four squares.
Pulled all the Fomors in the four squares.
AoE killed them while RUN kept hate on Tulittia.

Kill shot with Wildfire from the front.
Spam of Infected Illusion made it difficult, made sure everyone re-registered hate on her if they got charmed.

Its probably kill NM in some time frame after killing Fomors around it (same as killing around Bitzer with a twist). Maybe thats why someone reported getting chest after killing all fomors in zone earlier. They probably just killed fomors around NM last.
By Mirdain 2022-11-11 10:35:21
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Ruaumoko said: »

Managed to replicate the result of Mirdain.

Tulittia was in the four squares.
Pulled all the Fomors in the four squares.
AoE killed them while RUN kept hate on Tulittia.

Kill shot with Wildfire from the front.
Spam of Infected Illusion made it difficult, made sure everyone re-registered hate on her if they got charmed.

Its probably kill NM in some time frame after killing Fomors around it (same as killing around Bitzer with a twist). Maybe thats why someone reported getting chest after killing all fomors in zone earlier. They probably just killed fomors around NM last.

That would makes sense. My first chest was same deal since I cleave that zone and it was in the very back (last set of enemies).
 Asura.Bigtymer
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-11-11 11:04:56
Link | Citer | R

Killing all 4 basement lesser NM's (Botulus, Ixion, Naraka, Tulittia) + touching the #? Gadget awards a brown chest that gives the Ra'Kaznar Seal (the metal for Aminon). The Seal appears to do the following:

-Significantly lessens his enrage mechanic at the 4 minute mark (Bane of Tartarus)
-Removes the dispel effect from Incessant Void
-Prevents Impudence/Eternal Misery from having an unremovable 5-second Doom
[+]
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2022-11-11 11:10:36
Link | Citer | R

For the A magic kill chests, do we know if Ninjutsu works, or does it have to be elemental magic?
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-11-11 11:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Siyual said: »
For the A magic kill chests, do we know if Ninjutsu works, or does it have to be elemental magic?

Ninjutsu works.
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2022-11-11 11:28:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Disclai said: »
Ragnarok.Siyual said: »

Ninjutsu works.

Perfect, thanks!
By Pendragoon 2022-11-11 13:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Got sapphire, old box, and eikondrite from a single chest (aurum coffer from the first 4 NM). Got a total of 4 eikondrite from blue chests in the first 4 areas in a single run.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-11 13:27:29
Link | Citer | R

If it's that common, and can be traded/sold on AH, I expect one of the Prime Weapon stages to be something like "Collect 5,000 Eikondrites".

edit: oh, it's EX, didn't realize. Thought someone said it could be sold. Hm. Maybe they remove that tag later.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-11 13:28:21
Link | Citer | R

Eikondrites are Ex, so unless they change that later we can't sell/trade them.
 Fenrir.Svens
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-11-11 21:11:07
Link | Citer | R

PSA: Having only a stage 2 prime weapon in your possession prevents eikondrites from dropping in Sortie. You must have a stage 1 prime weapon specifically in order for them to drop. Missed out on 2 last run since I only had my upgraded h2h while other party members still had stage 1.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-11-11 22:25:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
so if you have 2 stage 2 and 1 stage 1 can it still drop?
By Thunderjet 2022-11-11 22:25:05
Link | Citer | R

By Thunderjet 2022-11-11 22:26:02
Link | Citer | R

By Vaerix 2022-11-11 23:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Thunderjet said: »

Today had 1 stage 1, 1 stage 2, walked away from a run with 4 eiko stones. Contemplating making another base level prime for no other reason than to collect stones in case they made a mistake locking out stage 2 from gathering more in the off chance they're required later. They stack to 99 which makes less sense if these are a 1 off upgrade item since 2 stacks of 12 would cover enough stones for every prime.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-11-12 10:58:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »
I hope he drops a guaranteed +1 case. Fingers crossed.

For all that trouble, he should drop 3-5 guaranteed +1 cases.

Also looks like people need to be idling in -50% DT and magic evasion sets in the backline so they don't get wrecked by fetter spam.

On the topic of fetters, Geez Louise.....those things are EVERYWHERE. It never bothered me back in Superman HTBF fights, nor dynamis, but now they have gotten out of hand. Can't be a little more creative than that, making fetter spawn quite literally from every modern content now?

I think they are trying to mimic 14 at this point
By Agrestic 2022-11-12 12:08:52
Link | Citer | R

https://twitter.com/Phalaos/status/1590732225737150464?s=20&t=Ewd8X_eg473SoaMOl5as5A

Bane of Tartarus does ~400-600 dmg if you have the Seal, no instant KO. Instead it full dispels you, takes food (not reraise) and encumbers you for 30 seconds, going by lute's latest streams. It also damages the Seal's remaining durability quite a lot.
By Honeybaked 2022-11-13 16:20:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Humpo said: »

Also looks like people need to be idling in -50% DT and magic evasion sets in the backline so they don't get wrecked by fetter spam.

On the topic of fetters, Geez Louise.....those things are EVERYWHERE. It never bothered me back in Superman HTBF fights, nor dynamis, but now they have gotten out of hand. Can't be a little more creative than that, making fetter spawn quite literally from every modern content now?

What do fetters have to do with 14?
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-11-13 19:24:14
Link | Citer | R

Honeybaked said: »
Shiva.Humpo said: »

What do fetters have to do with 14?

Positional limitations apposed upon the battle field.
Granted, that's a minor thing compared to all the daily only content and other various things.

So anyone kill the new boss yet...?
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-13 20:07:39
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Hardly any groups can even access the thing. Barely anyone has bothered with the H boss because he's freakin annoying and there hasn't been a good reason to bother with him. And from what we saw in Lute's video the final boss has a whole mess of mechanics we have to figure out how to deal with. It's pretty safe to say the answer to that is "no".
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-13 20:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix said: »
Thunderjet said: »

Today had 1 stage 1, 1 stage 2, walked away from a run with 4 eiko stones. Contemplating making another base level prime for no other reason than to collect stones in case they made a mistake locking out stage 2 from gathering more in the off chance they're required later. They stack to 99 which makes less sense if these are a 1 off upgrade item since 2 stacks of 12 would cover enough stones for every prime.

Pick a weapon for a job that you want to be able to cancel sleep from it's damage tick and just tuck it away in a wardrobe

Quote:

Hardly any groups can even access the thing. Barely anyone has bothered with the H boss because he's freakin annoying and there hasn't been a good reason to bother with him. And from what we saw in Lute's video the final boss has a whole mess of mechanics we have to figure out how to deal with. It's pretty safe to say the answer to that is "no".

Gotta Pandy Warden occasionally to remind people what game they're playing.
By Amnesty 2022-11-14 17:31:21
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By DracoFox 2022-11-16 04:34:10
Link | Citer | R

This is most likely a dumb question, but doesn't hurt to ask. Does anyone know if Dhartok enrages at a certain time limit?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-16 04:40:18
Link | Citer | R

Anybody knows the average HP of Fomors in the D section of Sortie? The Demisang ones.
And how many of them are there? At a rough guess I'd say around 70?
By DracoFox 2022-11-16 04:43:28
Link | Citer | R

I believe its 91 Formors. I don't know HP wise.
[+]
 Cerberus.Acewarlord
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Acewarlord 2022-11-16 06:47:09
Link | Citer | R

87 fomors + 1NM. The fomors have roughly 200k-230k HP
[+]
 Bismarck.Wildmann
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Wildman
By Bismarck.Wildmann 2022-11-16 08:24:38
Link | Citer | R

What is the best way to clear all the Fomors? SC/MB, AE/Cleave them?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-16 11:08:14
Link | Citer | R

Just form a normal party. Support, healer, DDs. make sure you have some form of buffs to cap haste, I have heard of PUGs timing out, which is kind of hard to imagine. You can cleave them if your tank is good enough to hold hate, but simply killing them one by one zerg style like a leveling party works find as well, specially if you don't bring a tank.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2022-11-16 12:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Wildmann said: »
What is the best way to clear all the Fomors?
my experience for reference:
Several BLUs & support.
buff up with EVA+, enemy atk-, and pull 12~15 at a time at most.
In my nuke set which has 45pdt I'd get slapped in an attack round to near 50% if they all hit me.
We finished in <30min w/ 2 blu's. Pop'd wisdom on groups of 15.

I'd say malaise+wilt /whm to curaga spam.
pld & nin* rolls (we used blm & refresh but def+eva is probably safer)
mambo x2, ballad, march
cocoon up, keep up aquaveil and nuke them to hell. probably every other entomb recast aquaveil so you don't get caught w/o it.
Could have the others AE, however I'd prefer fewer people who can break entomb by being slow to realize it's one that's being used to buy time for rebuffs.
remember these are not undead so you can magic hammer the mages. the ballad's mostly for the geo.
Our 6th was sch, but if you can get outside sch buffs, you could probably just replace it w/ a 3rd blu to make things even faster.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 162 163 164