users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 162 163 164
By Seun 2022-11-06 23:42:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Seun said: »
For the most part, the empyrean armor that was great at +2 only got slightly better at +3. The same is mostly true for the earrings going from +1 to +2.

Ummm....no? Several of the JSE earrings aren't even worth considering in sets until they are +2.

I don't think people are evaluating correctly.

You have other gear, spells and abilities, buffs, traits, merits, gifts and now ML stacking these stats and attributes underneath your earring. You need to consider that you're adding the stats to an already high baseline.

Going from 4% crit/MA/DT/ect to 8% is a massive buff, until you consider that you're already stacking a lot of crit/MA/DT/ect. It doesn't hit the same when you're adding 4% to 70%.

I would assume that players who are really after the best gear they can get are also interested in Prime weapons. You're going to be doing this ***for years to come, why are you concerned about an earring? Hope you kids stocked up on lubricant before the inflation hit...
By SimonSes 2022-11-07 02:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
For the most part, the empyrean armor that was great at +2 only got slightly better at +3. The same is mostly true for the earrings going from +1 to +2.

Ummm....no? Several of the JSE earrings aren't even worth considering in sets until they are +2.

I don't think people are evaluating correctly.

You have other gear, spells and abilities, buffs, traits, merits, gifts and now ML stacking these stats and attributes underneath your earring. You need to consider that you're adding the stats to an already high baseline.

Going from 4% crit/MA/DT/ect to 8% is a massive buff, until you consider that you're already stacking a lot of crit/MA/DT/ect. It doesn't hit the same when you're adding 4% to 70%.

I would assume that players who are really after the best gear they can get are also interested in Prime weapons. You're going to be doing this ***for years to come, why are you concerned about an earring? Hope you kids stocked up on lubricant before the inflation hit...

It's not about higher crit rate or DA being impactful or not.
  • sTP on +1 MNK is too low to beat other options and without high enough STR and DEX it's not really useful for any WS

• BLM, SCH and GEO earring requires INT to be bis and INT is only at +2

• RDM, SAM, PUP, COR, BLU can only be bis for WSs only at +2 (and some with good enough roll too)

• Beside capped attack RNG, DNC, NIN, BST and DRK are bis for WS at +2 (and some with good enough roll too)

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-07 02:53:15
Link | Citer | R

I asked about it some time ago but found no reply so tried to do it myself and I can confirm Fetid Veelas and Gyvewrapped Vampyrs are susceptible to BLU's Entomb just fine.

Got some conflicting data about the Fomors in H instead. Couldn't tell if it works or not because I was in a pretty frantic situation fighting for my life (lol)
If it works the macc check seems to be more demanding compared to the Veelas and Vampyrs.
By Ruaumoko 2022-11-07 02:58:20
Link | Citer | R

Manifestation Bind also works on Vampyrs.
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2022-11-07 04:56:04
Link | Citer | R

We tried the new setup last night (SCH SCH BLM GEO COR RUN), but we blocked at chest B#3/4 (for shard/metal).
We decided to kill 5 elementals with SCH/nuke, no chest
We decided to kill another elementals in fast kill (around 15s), no chest
We decided to fast kill some umbrils (SCH too), no chest.
We received 0 chest and 0 casket from around 15 kills...

What changed with this objective ? BGWiki says only "Vanquish 5 Biune foes. "
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-07 05:01:32
Link | Citer | R

For the chest #3/4 ("Kill within 30 secs from gaining enmity") keep in mind that it has to be done within X minutes from entering zone B or opening a locked B gate.

Also I guess... it could be easy with the COR shooting Leaden Salute but if you intend to do it with SC+MB from SCH/BLM it could be messy because the second you start casting on one elemental you're gonna magic aggro the other ones closeby and hence start the ~30 seconds timer.

Keep in mind with such a setup you could probably do it easily on the Biune Umbrils. One SC and MB from all your mages and it's dead, before he can Terminal Gloom.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-07 05:38:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
The +1s are barely better than the nq. Maybe good for arbitrary stats on the face of the items.
That depends. DRK +1 is a big boost over NQ because it gets 2-3 WSDMG, which turns it from a situational overcapped piece to being used in basically every situation for a lot of WSs (while making it even better when overcapped).

+1 to +2 is also a big boost, but it's just making it better in the uses +1 is already for.

It's 15 STR for the +2 which is huge. If anything the DRK earring is less well rounded than most because it's only for white damage and WSD, but then again, what DRK is going to complain about a significant upgrade to those?

Those Stats are just too good to pretend they aren't what's making us cranky about not having +2s.

Mastery levels will totally get you more stats, but new mobs are also going to have more stats. dSTR is always a work in progress and all but 8 jobs get STR on their +2s.
By SimonSes 2022-11-07 06:08:19
Link | Citer | R

The +1s are barely better than the nq. Maybe good for arbitrary stats on the face of the items.
That depends. DRK +1 is a big boost over NQ because it gets 2-3 WSDMG, which turns it from a situational overcapped piece to being used in basically every situation for a lot of WSs (while making it even better when overcapped).

+1 to +2 is also a big boost, but it's just making it better in the uses +1 is already for.

Without PDL at overcapped attack, +1 earring loses to Thrud and second slot is taken by Moonshade for most WSs. You also have Lugra+1 which can also beat +1 (3%WSD roll) during dusk to dawn and is almost as good during day for WSs that doesn't use Moonshade in second slot, so really +1 is only crazy good when you can use it's PDL.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-11-07 06:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Doryl said: »
We tried the new setup last night (SCH SCH BLM GEO COR RUN), but we blocked at chest B#3/4 (for shard/metal).

I also experienced my first time not getting those chests recently with the only change being using SCH SCs to burst off of whereas normally we use a DD to self SC to burst off of. My assumption is you must have performed a weapon skill at least once before killing them as part of the objective similar to C's "perform 1 MB before killing" objective.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-07 07:10:46
Link | Citer | R

No idea who wrote that B3/B4 but its far from truth. First of all it's not 5, but less. Second of all it requires WSing. Just go spam Leaden/Cataclysm etc.
 Asura.Doryl
By Asura.Doryl 2022-11-07 07:18:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
For the chest #3/4 ("Kill within 30 secs from gaining enmity") keep in mind that it has to be done within X minutes from entering zone B or opening a locked B gate.
Are you sure of that for chest #3/4 ? because it seems that's for Casket B1 on bgwiki...
 Asura.Doryl
By Asura.Doryl 2022-11-07 07:20:29
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
No idea who wrote that B3/B4 but its far from truth. First of all it's not 5, but less. Second of all it requires WSing. Just go spam Leaden/Cataclysm etc.

Thank you, it's possible that it's WS related, because we didn't WS any Biune foes.

Next time we will try to leaden them
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-11-07 08:56:44
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Asura.Doryl said: »

I also experienced my first time not getting those chests recently with the only change being using SCH SCs to burst off of whereas normally we use a DD to self SC to burst off of. My assumption is you must have performed a weapon skill at least once before killing them as part of the objective similar to C's "perform 1 MB before killing" objective.

Have the COR throw up sam roll, geo goes indi-haste/g-malaise. leaden > viper > leaden
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-07 09:02:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Have the COR throw up sam roll, geo goes indi-haste/g-malaise. leaden > viper > leaden

Pretty sure with Malaise 2x Leaden is overkill already.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-11-07 09:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »

Pretty sure with Malaise 2x Leaden is overkill already.
ok so depending on gear they may not need the last step. Who cares it will get them past their block of getting the obj. and keep moving towards their goals

Their SCH and BLM can do the Porxie during that
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-07 09:13:11
Link | Citer | R

I was in that group that struggled to see a shard metal, but it was my first time doing a mage setup with it so I wasn't aware it required a WS to complete (BG wiki doesn't mention anything about that). The block was the misinformation on the the site, mobs died in like 12 seconds. Would have been nice to know so we didn't waste 20 minutes on it, but now we know.

If someone knows something on wiki is wrong and you have references to prove it, do you mind editing the description of some of these objectives to make it clearer for those who may not be familiar?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-07 13:15:32
Link | Citer | R

It wasn't like this though. Did it change when they also changed those A (magic kill) objectives?
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-07 13:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
It wasn't like this though. Did it change when they also changed those A (magic kill) objectives?

It was always like that from the start. We've been doing rudra's --> leaden to deal with the B coffers for months now. They never popped without a magic weaponskill.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-07 13:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
They never popped without a magic weaponskill.

So it's a Magic WS specifically? As in, we could theoretically use Cataclysm once, then proceed to kill it with SC+MB? These latent details don't always make it to the sources, so just want to clarify which WS is required to trigger these chests.
By Seraphpdh 2022-11-07 13:52:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »
They never popped without a magic weaponskill.

So it's a Magic WS specifically? As in, we could theoretically use Cataclysm once, then proceed to kill it with SC+MB? These latent details don't always make it to the sources, so just want to clarify which WS is required to trigger these chests.
I have killed every fire elemental in that room with a SC of Rush (SMN) >> Leaden Salute to make Darkness SC, and have multiple times gotten the #B1 Casket, but never the Chest #B3 or #B4. So it is something more complicated than 'do a magic WS' or 'kill them with a magic WS'.

However, once with we had a WAR with us, we did see Casket #B1, Chest #B3 and #B4 from killing all the fire elementals in the room by doing Steel Cyclone >> Leaden Salute for a Darkness SC, which killed them. That was a one time thing with that setup, so I haven't been able to reproduce it myself.

So maybe its "do both a physical WS and magical WS", or "do a physical WS and kill quickly", or "do a two handed WS" or something like that...?
By SimonSes 2022-11-07 14:12:12
Link | Citer | R

Seraphpdh said: »
I have killed every fire elemental in that room with a SC of Rush (SMN) >> Leaden Salute to make Darkness SC, and have multiple times gotten the #B1 Casket, but never the Chest #B3 or #B4. So it is something more complicated than 'do a magic WS' or 'kill them with a magic WS'.

However, once with we had a WAR with us, we did see Casket #B1, Chest #B3 and #B4 from killing all the fire elementals in the room by doing Steel Cyclone >> Leaden Salute for a Darkness SC, which killed them. That was a one time thing with that setup, so I haven't been able to reproduce it myself.

So maybe its "do both a physical WS and magical WS", or "do a physical WS and kill quickly", or "do a two handed WS" or something like that...?

Im like 99% sure it's just do a WS, but it doesn't count if it's a killshot, same as MB and 4step skillchain don't count if they are killshot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-11-07 14:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So it's a Magic WS specifically?
We've been getting it with THF simply during Rudra Rudra into MBs, so I imagine any WS works.
By Seraphpdh 2022-11-07 14:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Seraphpdh said: »

Im like 99% sure it's just do a WS, but it doesn't count if it's a killshot, same as MB and 4step skillchain don't count if they are killshot.
Entirely possible that the SMN bloodpact opening the SC doesnt count. Next time I kill them I will try hitting them initially with some other WS that wont chain.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-07 14:55:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
So it's a Magic WS specifically

I can't confirm one way or another. We always do those two objectives on the fire elementals, so it makes sense to do it with magic weaponskills since they get wrecked so hard by leaden. Rudra's --> Leaden into capped damage darkness and if the thing isn't dead another leaden finishes it off right after. Lately we've been splitting the group at the start and sending just the geo and cor to B with a mix of water nukes and leaden's, and we still get the chest that way. So I can confirm that magic weaponskills are enough to get the job done. Physical should probably work, we've just never bothered to do it without leaden is all.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-07 15:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Without PDL at overcapped attack, +1 earring loses to Thrud and second slot is taken by Moonshade for most WSs. You also have Lugra+1 which can also beat +1 (3%WSD roll) during dusk to dawn and is almost as good during day for WSs that doesn't use Moonshade in second slot, so really +1 is only crazy good when you can use it's PDL.
Surprisingly, when uncapped attack, a 3% +1 earring is nearly identical to Thrud for most single hit WSs. It can go from ever so slightly weaker (by up to like 0.3%) to ever so slightly stronger (up to about 0.2%) depending on the WS and buffs. 17 attack is surprisingly competitive with 10 STR/VIT in a lot of cases.

They're close enough that een when Heathen +1 slightly loses, it'd be worth using it anyway because it can sometimes be hard to predict just exactly when you're hitting the attack cap, at which point it blows Thrud out of the water.
By SimonSes 2022-11-07 16:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Surprisingly, when uncapped attack, a 3% +1 earring is nearly identical to Thrud for most single hit WSs. It can go from ever so slightly weaker (by up to like 0.3%) to ever so slightly stronger (up to about 0.2%) depending on the WS and buffs. 17 attack is surprisingly competitive with 10 STR/VIT in a lot of cases.

Where did you check it? You sure your fSTR wasnt capped? Also 10STR is 10 attack, so it's only 7attack vs 10str/vit. I don't see Heathen +1 ever beating Thrud.

They're close enough that een when Heathen +1 slightly loses, it'd be worth using it anyway because it can sometimes be hard to predict just exactly when you're hitting the attack cap, at which point it blows Thrud out of the water.

That's true and it's why I use it like that also, but still it provides no increase or even is small decrease without PDL.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-07 17:17:41
Link | Citer | R

10 Strength is 7.5 attack, not 10.

I checked using my fastidiously kept up-to-date DRK spreadsheet.

Looking at my spreadsheet again, I forgot to enable some nearly-guaranteed attack additives like Endark II and Food (using Red Curry Buns in this comparison since we rarely have accuracy issues with master levels), so the Heathen +1 values are a bit lower than when I last checked. Adding them back in, the values I got for our main WSs are (with uncapped fSTR):

Torcleaver: Thrud wins by ~0.48%
Cross Reaper: Thrud wins by ~0.34%
Insurgency: Heathen +1 (3%) wins by ~0.23%

Switching food to accuracy or using absorbs will favor Heathen +1, while adding minuets will favor Thrud.

3% Heathen +1 is a tiny bit worse than I previously calculated compared to Thrud, but the general idea still applies.
By SimonSes 2022-11-07 19:16:44
Link | Citer | R

10 Strength is 7.5 attack, not 10.

Unless we are heavily back in time, it's not. It was changed to 1:1 for 2h weapons a LONG time (like more than 10 years?) ago and then it was applied to 1h weapons too.

Insurgency: Heathen +1 (3%) wins by ~0.23%

Are you checking this for some 1000TP or something? At 1000TP you shouldnt use any WSD for Insurgnecy, because fTP on first hit is 0.5 or barely around 1.0 with Moonshade. You should use Insurgency at like at least 1750+Moonshade, if you want to use WSD gear for it, which is always for uncapped attack. For capped attack you have option to use Insurgency at low TP thresholds, because Sakpata exists and PDL doesn't care about fTP on first hit. Even at 1500+Moonshade, Thrud easily wins.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-11-07 20:19:23
Link | Citer | R

It was changed to 1:1 for 2h weapons a LONG time (like more than 10 years?) ago and then it was applied to 1h weapons too.
What? When?
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 162 163 164