Forum » FFXI » NMs » Marmorkrebs v15
Marmorkrebs v15
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-18 09:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Good Morning all!

Im analyzing this video for the 2 party setups used.

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm38297637

My question is it that it seems Angeleane is BLM in both moglophone entries. What i've found is below. Firstjob - secondjob.

Can anyone help confirm that i'm not going out of my mind.

nomnom pup - sch
angeleane blm - blm
goldtail cor - brd
valgert rng - geo
shuyen geo - whm
zbraslave sch - run

Thank you in advance!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 10:09:48
Link | Citer | R

Looks like BLM in both runs
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-03-18 10:56:18
Link | Citer | R

I thought that once you use a job, the rest of the party can't use that same job.

So:

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
nomnom pup - sch
angeleane blm - blm
goldtail cor - brd
valgert rng - geo
shuyen geo - whm
zbraslave sch - run
Shouldn't happen either.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 10:58:42
Link | Citer | R

It's two completely different runs. Look at the HP at the start of the second fight.
By SimonSes 2021-03-18 10:59:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's two completely different runs

Exactly lol. I was wondering whats the problem here lol
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-03-18 11:02:33
Link | Citer | R

It's two completely different runs.
Oh, well, nothing to see then.

I didn't watch the video, but going by the OP, it looked like it was a 2 phone II single run. Not a "go in, kill, go out, get new KI, wait in line again, and go inside again" run like everyone else in their right minds would do.

There is absolutely no benefit of going in multiple times if you are just going to lock out jobs.
By SimonSes 2021-03-18 11:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Its definitely edited in a way that might confuse someone, but just look at game time, they finish one run at 17+ earthday(?) and start next 15+ darkday(?).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 11:08:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
There is absolutely no benefit of going in multiple times if you are just going to lock out jobs.

If you lose the first fight but leave only a little bit remaining, it could be worth going a second time consecutively, provided you are prepared for the second job stint. Taking Mboze from like 10% on V15 is probably more appealing than doing the entire fight over again, especially if you only need the clear. I actually like that you CAN go multiple times, which makes it a little easier to pull off wins
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-03-18 11:24:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

If you lose the first fight but leave only a little bit remaining, it could be worth going a second time consecutively, provided you are prepared for the second job stint. Taking Mboze from like 10% on V15 is probably more appealing than doing the entire fight over again, especially if you only need the clear. I actually like that you CAN go multiple times, which makes it a little easier to pull off wins
Wouldn't that be ineffencent RP-wise though?

Taking your example, if your first run went from 100% to 10%, you would earn 176.4 (source) and going from 10% to dead would only net you 215.6 RP (the remainder of 392 unearned from the first fight) vs. going the first run to 10% (still 176.4) and then going again and beating it fully (another 392 RP).

Sure, you are taking the risk of not beating it the 2nd time, but at least the risk is offset by the additional RP earned. And you would end up losing 235.2 RP if you didn't manage to beat it the 2nd time going from 100%.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but if you aren't trying for the clear all the time, and you will continue to get better and better each time. Getting RP is a ***.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 11:34:44
Link | Citer | R

That's why I specified "especially if you only need the clear".

You have to put what's "inefficient RP wise" into context because circumstances vary. it's a risk either way.

If you can't beat the boss with your second set of jobs, it's not even worth considering. But if you have useful jobs that are geared and ready (like pup and smn), you can squeeze out a clear/remaining RP.

If you couldn't get close to beating it with your first set of jobs, you'd be less likely to even try again anyways with a full reset.

One of your party members might not have points to re-enter, which is also a situation that might happen and prompt you to want to continue the fight.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-18 11:45:48
Link | Citer | R

Considering that in current form there is no benefit from doing 3 NMs and being forced to change setups, the only reason I see nowadays of the 3 Moglophone system (in particular when you factor in that the mob's HP stays still upon idling) is the ability to re-enter and "finish off" an NM.

I'm not saying its a good design or a good way to go about things- but if a group was struggling for a V15 win, but could consistently get V10 wins, spending an extra moglophone to unlock that next tier of RP'ing (one time) would be worth it. Even if you then are only capable of earning consistent RP at a lower level when it comes to 1 Moglophone II runs.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-18 14:17:19
Link | Citer | R

Thank you all for the replies.

Definitely the way the video was edited makes you believe this was a "2 moglophone" win. Now that you pointed out that its actually 2 SEPERATE runs makes more sense.

Having said that, it seems BLM SCH BRD GEO WHM RUN was the better choice?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 15:48:58
Link | Citer | R

SCH nuke setup is better. Can drop BRD for a RDM or NIN nuker
By Guyford 2021-03-18 20:04:19
Link | Citer | R

We did cor whm run sch blm geo. Super smooth fight won with over 5 min left on +15. sch would make frag -> last stand -> dimidiation.