March 2021 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-10 05:19:35
Link | Citer | R

Really Torn on what to augment Nyame set with. Granted it's gonna take me ages, but still.

Path A Nyame is like an All Jobs Malignance, better than Malignance I'd say. But I already have Malignance and most of my jobs can equip it.
Not BRD, but meh.
Not RUN, sigh.
Not mage jobs, but idc bout that.

Path D sounds interesting with the Pet DMG thing, but I'm not really a dedicated pet job player.

Path C could be cool, but I rarely use mage jobs these days, and if have to there's the Angwa set which shouldn't be too far behind in terms of damage.

So I'm sorta left with Path B. I don't have any DM augmented gear with WSD+10, I have most AF/Relic gear with WSD but those are job specific and multiple jobs don't get them anyway.
Sooo... yeah, having an armor set with those stats would be pretty nice and would work well with Physical, Magical and Hybrid WSs.
Could also use it as Idle for the Meva/MDB/DT of course.

So yeah, think I'll go with Path B.
Curious to read what everybody else is gonna do and why though.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-10 05:28:38
Link | Citer | R

Its gonna be a really tough choice between A and B. Amazing TP set for DRG, RUN, Liberator DRK, BRD and all mages or amazing WS set for quite a lot of WSs on several jobs >.>
By Vishwambhari 2021-03-10 05:38:01
Link | Citer | R

The obvious fix to BLMs was giving them an overpowered tp set and have them Vidohunir things into oblivion.
 Asura.Kaelann
user: Kaelan
By Asura.Kaelann 2021-03-10 05:52:58
Link | Citer | R

Definitely going path B. Covers a lot of ground on NIN, and there's no way I'm not taking anything that makes DNC Rudra go brrr even more. Defensive stats will be a big deal for me since I solo / low man a lot.

Considering gearing WAR again for Odyssey and that will also benefit from Path B given Sakpata already exists for TP.

A is nice, but all my jobs already get Malignance.

C is ninjutsu MB upgrades I guess, but not good enough to outweigh B. Don't play pet jobs so idc about D.

That said, not sure about mage jobs. For BRD, feels like a hard choice between A and B
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-10 05:55:09
Link | Citer | R

Vishwambhari said: »
The obvious fix to BLMs was giving them an overpowered tp set and have them Vidohunir things into oblivion.
I haven't checked the detailed differences, but while I assume Nyame Rank C would still win, getting Agwu to R30 should hopefully be a decent compromise, if you wanna use Nyame for other purposes?

I mean: at least it would be a choice.

For the other purposes of Nyame (Path A, Path B) you often don't have a choice on other jobs, so it's either Nyame or nothing.
Not sure if my reasoning makes any sense to you.

@Simon
Yeah, Path A is basically a Malignance with even more defensive power, even more Acc, All Jobs.
Powerful, eh? Despite having slightly lower DEX.
Nyame A leaves you in need of Haste +6% though. Compensating that for some jobs is probably not an issue, but on others it requires, I dunno, Haste Aug on Ambu cape probably?
Not saying that because of this is not worth it of course, just wanted to make sure people know because one might assume Nyame 5/5 leaves you at capped haste just like Malignance, but it's not the case.
By SimonSes 2021-03-10 06:09:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
getting Agwu to R30

Stop arguing using stats for R30 T3 sets please >.> It was only datamined. Its not in game.
By Vishwambhari 2021-03-10 06:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Vishwambhari said: »
I haven't checked the detailed differences, but while I assume Nyame Rank C would still win, getting Agwu to R30 should hopefully be a decent compromise, if you wanna use Nyame for other purposes?

I mean: at least it would be a choice.

For the other purposes of Nyame (Path A, Path B) you often don't have a choice on other jobs, so it's either Nyame or nothing.
Not sure if my reasoning makes any sense to you.
ItemSet 378575
this is what i use right now, lands me at about 1230 acc and has decent STP with some accessory multiattack, but severely lacks DT and MEVA. New set path A would be a huge improvement. I don't see how Agwu compares as a melee TP set tbh, but maybe i'm missing something.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-10 06:21:18
Link | Citer | R

Oh I misread your post entirely Vish, my bad. Thought you were talking about nuking.

Yeah it makes no sense and Path A is without a doubt BiS for TPing on all mage jobs.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-10 06:46:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kaelann said: »
and there's no way I'm not taking anything that makes DNC Rudra go brrr even more.

For attack capped scenario only feet are bis. Head is bis if you self SC with it. Other slots loosing hard to AF/relic or gleti's.

For uncapped attack, feet/body/head are bis and also set you at +48% skillchain bonus, so almost at cap >.>

Its also an option to lose some damage and 5/5 it for defensive values.

Considering gearing WAR again for Odyssey and that will also benefit from Path B given Sakpata already exists for TP.

I dont have sheet for WAR, but at attack cap, Sakpata probably still easily win for almost all WSs on WAR and has the same defensive values. Feet might be slightly better on something like savage blade, especially if you skillchain with it? Uncapped attack it still loses to relic/af and feet are about even with Sulevia for Upheaval. Hands might lose to good augment on Odyssean gloves. In case of uncapped attack, there is a big difference in defensive stats between Nyame and what I just listed. That being said WSD will work only for Upheaval, savage, Mistral, Judgment etc. For Decimation, Reso, Stardiver Sakpata would probably pull ahead even for uncapped attack.

For BRD, feels like a hard choice between A and B

This is a super hard choice for BRD indeed. Especially that Im not a fan of Rudra/Savage on my BRD, but with path B, both gaining significant power, while Mordant probably not much, because Mordant with AM3 is like 5fTP on first hit and 3+ fTP on additional hits, so WSD isnt as potent as for Savage/Rudra. Path B is also great for Aeolian, but also not that much superior over good Chironic in few slots. Again tho, defensive values are amazing on Nyame in comparison.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-03-10 06:55:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Syto said: »
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
Asura.Sesshmaru said: »
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
It's amazing what happens when you put effort into this game. These are two of the pieces I own, and neither one of these will be replaced by Nyame no matter how many months it takes for them to even reach R20.

For Leaden Salute purposes, Nyame Head, Body and Feet are not going to beat Pixie +1/Relic+3 Body/Relic+3 Feet so no need to replace those at all.

Edit: I was going off of R15 values at the time. At R20, the Nyame Body *might* tie the Relic +3 Body in non-skillchain situations and beats it when it's used during a skillchain. The Pixie Hairpin +1 and Relic +3 feet are still on top in every situation.

I do settle for less if more mean spend money on Stones that profit rmt most.

DM Augments cost nothing but the time it takes to level a same-pol-account character to 99 and finish missions up to Reisenjima access. You can very easily get it all done before the next time the campaign comes around.

DM Augs cost more time than Odyssey Augment System.. The Oseem DM Augment Reward/Effort system is not worth it for marginally tiny bit of increase in MAB you want to achieve for your Leaden Set.. I am only talking about Herc. pieces that will be replaced (Herculean Legs Primarily and Hands you have merely 6 more MAB on one piece and 2 more MAB on one piece.. And both pieces have less R.ACC/M.ACC than Nyame..

Benefits of Nyame Flanchard at Base vs Herc (Legs):
75 More MEVA (Why would you not want this?)
40 More Ranged Accuracy (Why would you not want this?)
21 More Magic Accuracy (Why would you not want this?)
2 More Agility (Why would you not want this?)
6% More Skill Chain Damage (Why would you not want this?)
-8% Damaged Taken (Why would you not want this?)
76 More HP (Why would you not want this?)
55 More Defense (Why would you not want this?)

versus:

Your DM Aug'd Herc Trousers:
75 Less MEVA
40 Less Ranged Accuracy
21 Less Magic Accuracy
2 Less Agility
---------------------
Only appeal your Herc Trousers Has For Leaden is:
6 more MAB
4 more STP

Probably in situations where you are completely safe, you will pull ahead in straight zerg in DPS and where very high MACC is not needed and you are fighting a single mob/NM from start to finish..

However, in realistic endgame scenarios like fighting Voltes/Volte NMs that constantly spam AOE in Dyna-D Wave 3, Odyssey farming various Fodder the resistances change constantly from mob to mob and threats from AOE Damage and Magical Ailments always looming over you..Nyame wins..

Especially in Dyna-D Wave 3 where Lag is still an issue for many, even though Odyssey has improved lag situations, you still can get a lag spike and get stuck in your WS set from gearswap packet loss issues. It happens from time to time..

With Nyame Set you have a bit more peace of mind even if you get caught stuck in this set when AOE damage goes off.. Survivability is worth more than 6 more MAB..

I know you love your Oseem Augments, but.. this is a reality..

However, seeing how lucky you are, maybe Oseem likes you more, and will give you something with even greater margins..

...I will cheer you on! Go get that Oseem!

I have had so many people complain about Oseem system from every server.. It's a shitty system designed to make odds very hard..

People have done campaigns for years since DM Aug campaigns have come out and on multiple accounts daily and not missing a single free DM roll.. and even then they have achieved nothing close to what Nyame gives you in approximately 90 days to fully Augment to Max...

I know it's a grind, but Odyssey Effort/Reward system is far better to reach maximum power on COR for Leaden Salute and many other jobs than Cancerous Oseem Augment System... Unless you have an affinity to win the Oseem Jackpot frequently..lol
So you stating why wouldn't you want this stuff the raccc means nothing on salute so that's not a plus tbh the 2 agi is meh alot of people over value mega in my eyes. You aren't using the wsd stuff for the meva while it's nice to have if you caught out in sets anyway you more than likely dead. If you got gear close to it I don't blame people for not wanting to waste time switching to an even worse lag fest than namis. That being said oseem does suck and this helps people out alot. We been surviving fine without the stuff for jobs like cor this stuff is just mini gains at some point. As a drk main this stuff is only being looked at for wsd and vit idc about surviving stats as my experience playing this game if something wants to one shot you it's gonna one shot you lol.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-10 06:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
idc about surviving stats as my experience playing this game if something wants to one shot you it's gonna one shot you lol
Noob.

If you're never in a set without defensive stats, next to nothing can one shot you. While you're right that the 2 agi and r.acc don't matter, 21 m.acc can and even if you aren't using the m.acc you'd be a fool to give up the option of staying sturdy during WS over such a small amount of damage gain.

The only reason this is even being discussed is because Inspectorgadget is so heavily invested in the effort he put into leveling DM mules and doesn't want to acknowledge that they're essentially pointless now.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-10 07:00:50
Link | Citer | R

switching to an even worse lag fest than namis.

Its no longer true. They fixed it.

As a drk main this stuff is only being looked at for wsd and vit idc about surviving stats

Funny because for DRK path B doesnt really win for anything for pure damage, beside maybe Magic WS on scythe.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-10 07:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
idc about surviving stats as my experience playing this game if something wants to one shot you it's gonna one shot you lol
Noob.

If you're never in a set without defensive stats, next to nothing can one shot you. While you're right that the 2 agi and r.acc don't matter, 21 m.acc can and even if you aren't using the m.acc you'd be a fool to give up the option of staying sturdy during WS over such a small amount of damage gain.

The only reason this is even being discussed is because Inspectorgadget is so heavily invested in the effort he put into leveling DM mules and doesn't want to acknowledge that they're essentially pointless now.

Square Enix actually developed this entire update with revenue generated from DM mules only. Bam!
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-10 07:02:24
Link | Citer | R

they're essentially pointless now.

Pointless for COR, not pointless if you prefer some other job over cor and want path A for it :)
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-10 07:04:10
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
they're essentially pointless now.

Pointless for COR, not pointless if you prefer some other job over cor and want path A for it :)

Why is everything either BiS or pointless?

I can't speak for your server. But fenrir is absolutely poor. The tier3/tier4 still will take awhile for people to afford the base sets. And their good DM augs are still pretty good. Just not BiS.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-10 07:04:34
Link | Citer | R

Looking at it from a practical perspective, most jobs already have either Malignance or Sagpata's. Do we know what the last 'hidden' augment is? That's likely going to be the difference maker as to whether path A is even worth considering.

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Everything isn't 'BiS or pointless' but if you can get a comparable to better option for 37.5m then it makes no sense to make DM mules when they require a significant and boring timesink during which you could easily earn the 37.5m doing interesting things.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-03-10 07:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
and there's no way I'm not taking anything that makes DNC Rudra go brrr even more.

-------------

For attack capped scenario only feet are bis. Head is bis if you self SC with it. Other slots loosing hard to AF/relic or gleti's.

For uncapped attack, feet/body/head are bis and also set you at +48% skillchain bonus, so almost at cap >.>

Its also an option to lose some damage and 5/5 it for defensive values.

Most Path B Nyame augments aren't actually BiS upgrades for dancer and thief's rudra's storm sets though, or are so close to our existing options that you might consider path A instead. Rudra's dexterity mod and tp scaling are so strong that 4-5 dex is worth approximately 1% wsd, and the alternatives we already have on those jobs have significantly higher dex values while also having other relevant stats. In the leg slot both dancer and thief would rather use relic +3, in the hands slot dancer's artifact +3 hands are better and for thief meghanada +2 hands are actually better. The summary simon gave is pretty accurate.

The real reason to go path B on these pieces if you want to spam rudra's with them is because you'd be far less likely to die in your weaponskill set, and that is a valid reason to go that rout. But for hitting those big rudra's damage numbers, they aren't much of an upgrade. The defensive side of this set is what you should be looking at if you want to enhance your dagger job's rudra's performance, be it getting a better malignance tp hybrid, or a much more defensive rudra's set where most of the pieces are "almost" as good for BiS damage as alternatives. Both choices are pretty good.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-10 07:09:23
Link | Citer | R

This is a super hard choice for BRD indeed. Especially that Im not a fan of Rudra/Savage on my BRD, but with path B, both gaining significant power, while Mordant probably not much, because Mordant with AM3 is like 5fTP on first hit and 3+ fTP on additional hits, so WSD isnt as potent as for Savage/Rudra. Path B is also great for Aeolian, but also not that much superior over good Chironic in few slots. Again tho, defensive values are amazing on Nyame in comparison.
I still need to check values on the spreadsheet (added the new set if anyone wants to toy with it) but on a hunch I can see Nyame Body being inferior to Bihu+3 for Mordant.
Not sure on the other 4 slots, probably very close either way.

Nyame A for TPing would be an insane boost instead, both for survivability and for everything else, given how BRD doesn't have access to Malignance (DAMN YOU SE)

Very hard choice.
For a mule that only has BRD/or no other relevant jobs, I think I'd go with Path A.

For myself I'm torn. BRD is my main and my most favourite job but I can't really deny the huge benefit B would be for many of my jobs, and how Path A would realistically be a noticeable improvement only for BRD and RUN.
So... yeah, gonna be a hard choice but I'm leaning towards B atm.

Edit:
The choice is easier if you like Rudra builds on BRD, with Twash or Aeneas MH. If I were such a BRD, I think I'd clearly go for Path B.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-10 07:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Looking at it from a practical perspective, most jobs already have either Malignance or Sagpata's. Do we know what the last 'hidden' augment is? That's likely going to be the difference maker as to whether path A is even worth considering.

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Everything isn't 'BiS or pointless' but if you can get a comparable to better option for 37.5m then it makes no sense to make DM mules when they require a significant and boring timesink during which you could easily earn the 37.5m doing interesting things.

Oh I completely agree there. I just want to shine alittle light on the users that it will actually take awhile to farm 37.5m. The DM augments that they already have will suffice until they can regear.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-03-10 07:11:14
Link | Citer | R

I like that the pieces all have decent HP for any job that isn't a tank/heavy DD.
By SimonSes 2021-03-10 07:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Do we know what the last 'hidden' augment is

R20 augment are in datamined thread
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55805/odyssey-gaol-gear-augments-march-2021/#3569803

most jobs already have either Malignance or Sagpata's.

Well DRG dont. You could argue that DRG could tp in path B too tho, since it has some DA. STP would be much better tho. Gleti's also much better for attack cap (probably even for a lot of 1hit WSs, mixed with 10%WSD relic/AF). Liberator DRK also kinda doesnt synergize well with Sakpata for TP, but could use Sakpata for Insurgency instead while using Nyame for TP. Sakpata also being mostly better at attack cap for other DRK WSs, including 1hit ones (again mixed with Ratri or AF/Relic). Probably thats it for mainstream DDs. BEside that ofc all mages and BRD could argue for path A.

EDIT: oh and I forgot about RUN! Path A is AMAZING set for tank TP set with Epeo. On the other hand path B would also work (despite not synergize well DA% is barely a gain with AM3) and path B is amazing defensive WS set for Dimidiation.

EDIT2: On the other hand path A could also work as Dimidiation set tho. Since it has native +25% attack bonus and PDL is on A.
So its kinda a choice between amazing WS set and good TP set or amazing TP set and good ws set for Epeo RUN.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-03-10 07:23:50
Link | Citer | R

I think the choice between path A and path B will differ between each job and what they already have available. Both paths are good in their own right. Some jobs just get more out of one path than others. Path B isn't BiS damage in many cases for quite a few DD jobs, but it's very competitive and it's also defensive. Path A is an all around great TP build for everything, including mages and RUN. The choice comes down to the individual. Neither is wrong. It's personal flavor.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-10 07:26:07
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I think the choice between path A and path B will differ between each job and what they already have available. Both paths are good in their own right. Some jobs jobs just get more out of one path than others. Path B isn't BiS damage in many cases for quite a few DD jobs, but it's competitive and it's also defensive. Path A is an all around great TP build for everything, including mages. The choice comes down to the individual. Neither are wrong. It's personal flavor.

For THF, path B is also amazing for Aeolian Edge. Especially when you are getting smacked by 20 mobs :D I will probably start using it even without augments on my Omen farming, so I can be completely relaxed between 1st and 2nd Aaolian lol XD
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-10 07:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Page 5: which path?

Totes augment D rite guize?
 Asura.Kaelann
By Asura.Kaelann 2021-03-10 07:34:26
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't the SC bonus overcome all of that? On 3-step double darkness without Climactic, I'd expect capping SC bonus to do a good bit better than 3~4 WSD

Quote:
That being said WSD will work only for Upheaval, savage, Mistral, Judgment etc. For Decimation, Reso, Stardiver Sakpata would probably pull ahead even for uncapped attack.

That's what I mean. In Odyssey I'd primarily be concerned with Upheaval and Judgement. Between Nyame and Sakpata, you have most situations covered pretty well.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-10 07:35:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The choice comes down to the individual. Neither is wrong. It's personal flavor.
While that's certainly true(someone who enjoys their combat mage will almost certainly want path A, for instance), oversimplifying it and suppressing discussion is not helpful.

Anyone who bothers reading this ***wants to come away more informed, and they can make that personal choice better with a better understanding of what each path offers to their jobs. There isn't a universal best path, but there is certainly a best path for any given job.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-03-10 07:43:01
Link | Citer | R

Cleared it easily on Veng+0 with WHM RUN SAM MNK COR BRD.

WHM Barfira/Barparalyzra Sacro/Asylum at start
BRD Soul Voice Clarion Call Marchx2 Minuetx2 Madrigal
COR Sam/Chaos, used Leaden Salute
RUN Ignis runes, we weren't sure which to use for this
MNK and SAM AM3'd at start with 3000tp gained in lobby, used Howling Fist/Shijin Spiral and Fudo

As soon as we engaged it did a 2hr animation, but only opened with Absorb-DEX. Paralyze/Slow were immunobreak'd, not full resist. Did another 2hr animation about half way through, then used Vicious Rake.

Darkness SC did heal him, Leaden hit for 48k
Heaven's Grace - Healed for about 7k and removed debuffs
Rending Blow - Only did about 400dmg to RUN
Scorching Luminescence - aoe 200-700dmg and Dia
Vicious Rake - aoe 400-800dmg and silence

As with a lot of other +0 fights, it was really easy. Feel like we didn't see any of its major tp moves though.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-03-10 07:43:37
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
There isn't a universal best path, but there is certainly a best path for any given job.

That's what I was referring to though. Some jobs definitely get more benefit out of path A than B, and visa versa. I just meant most people would end up choosing based on whatever job is their favorite. Hence why i said this

Quote:
I think the choice between path A and path B will differ between each job and what they already have available.

Nothing I said was meant to oversimplify the situation. I would expect people to make an informed choice based off what their preferred job wants most.
By SimonSes 2021-03-10 07:45:01
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't the SC bonus overcome all of that? On 3-step double darkness without Climactic, I'd expect that +27% to do quite a lot better than 3~4 WSD.

DNC has 31% native sc bonus and sc bonus caps at 50%.
Each piece only has 5-7% sc bonus.

Keep in mind that lowering WS damage also lowers skillchain damage, because latter if based on former.

That being said I was slightly off. Nyame legs are also a gain if you consider skillchain damage. Af+3 gloves and Gleti's body easily winning tho, because you are just 3% shy of cap then, and they have too big damage advantage for that 3% remaining SC bonus to matter even if you consider skillchain damage.
 Asura.Kaelann
By Asura.Kaelann 2021-03-10 07:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I wasn't looking at the extra few points from gifts, so +19 total from gear.

Being closer to cap does mean you can take off a few pieces.

That said, I'm most likely going to end up 5/5 anyway for the defenses
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12