Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 10:54:24
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Katana super cool and totally pointless at the same time. Unlimited useless shadows with zero dps loss on the receivers is pretty hot. Except that shadows work on literally nothing.

Plus you know that whole actually bringing a nin thing....

You are totally wrong on this one and wrong a lot. This is another stereotype that is 2019 really. With 2021 meva available for most jobs, it's physical damage and add effects that a treat. When are people dying now as DDs? To op physical damage like fell cleave from ms war in dyna d or other WSs from fomors, or OP crits,tp moves from boosted NMs in Odyssey or from endeath in ambu etc. Shadows works for many things, but are generally hard to keep up as /nin while still trying to keep dps. When someone else can give you shadows tho, thats whole other story. Also shadows hitting 6 targets is totally game breaking hate tool. It's by far the strongest hate tool in a game and it's a buff, so works for everything that have you on hate list. It's ideal for hate reset too, because you can keep getting hate back while providing shadows for party members having hate after it was reset on you. This katana is total game changer for nin tanking. Not sure how anyone with base knowledge of ffxi mechanics cant see that.

You're arguing points I didn't even make. I said exactly what I said. Everyone's panties getting bunched over this thing you think is super crazy best item ever. It's not that.

Just simple reality. It's a novelty item. Totes cool. Nothing worth busting a nut over.

Honestly in reality it would be detrimental. Tards would stop using dt because the nin will keep my shadows up. Yeah. No.
By Pantafernando 2021-02-09 11:04:36
Link | Citer | R

I love the name Yagyu Darkblade
By Pantafernando 2021-02-09 11:09:03
Link | Citer | R

The gun seems quite eseless.

I would say the shield could increase the SCH dps but.... SCH isnt on it...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 11:09:47
Link | Citer | R

They would reveal this weapon AFTER Qutrub/Mammol Ja Ambuscades. Arguably the best opportunities to use shadow extension feature.

If this is going to work in the offhand as well (my guess is it will), it's going to be bonkers broken. Fudo Masamune C + Yagyu Darkblade

Pantafernando said: »
I love the name Yagyu Darkblade

It's a recurring theme from FF games. In Tactics, it was called Yagyu Darkness, and was a shuriken. I actually would not have minded if they made it a shuriken this time, since it wouldn't clash with Tsuru and Su5 as weapons.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 11:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The katana is pretty busted and it could revolutionize ninja and do a lot to help bring it back into the fold. But it doesn't matter because you can only get it via the lottery, and many of the people who do win first will want to pick a different prize. Gating unique equipment that can provide combat benefits behind a lottery doesn't really help the playerbase since only a small fraction of a percent of them will ever get to try them out. That's why I said it's a huge waste of the developers time.

What's worse is that NIN is such an uncommon and non-meta job, the chances of someone who actually plays the job at a high level actually getting one of these from lottery is super rare.

Can you even deliver these from mules?
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-09 11:30:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The katana is pretty busted and it could revolutionize ninja and do a lot to help bring it back into the fold. But it doesn't matter because you can only get it via the lottery, and many of the people who do win first will want to pick a different prize. Gating unique equipment that can provide combat benefits behind a lottery doesn't really help the playerbase since only a small fraction of a percent of them will ever get to try them out. That's why I said it's a huge waste of the developers time.

What's worse is that NIN is such an uncommon and non-meta job, the chances of someone who actually plays the job at a high level actually getting one of these from lottery is super rare.

Can you even deliver these from mules?

Can't deliver the weapons from mules.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 11:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. Dumb.
Wonder what they decide to add this new line of weapons to after this round of bonanza.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-09 11:35:45
Link | Citer | R

My guess is it cycles.
 Odin.Demhar
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-02-09 11:47:27
Link | Citer | R

how ridiculous is that Chocobo Knife design...I just can't..
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-02-09 11:49:21
Link | Citer | R

Depends on if gun counts as a recycle effect or not. 100%+ recycle rate could be some serious *** for rng at the least.
 Odin.Demhar
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-02-09 11:57:31
Link | Citer | R

they didn't even use the word "Recycle" in the description.

Exeter
DMG:150 Delay:600 AGI+30
Ranged Accuracy+40
Magic Accuracy+40
Marksmanship skill +269
"Store TP"+10
Ammunition that can be stacked will not be consumed
Lv. 99~ RNG COR
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 12:00:48
Link | Citer | R

Katana super cool and totally pointless at the same time. Unlimited useless shadows with zero dps loss on the receivers is pretty hot. Except that shadows work on literally nothing.

Plus you know that whole actually bringing a nin thing....

You are totally wrong on this one and wrong a lot. This is another stereotype that is 2019 really. With 2021 meva available for most jobs, it's physical damage and add effects that a treat. When are people dying now as DDs? To op physical damage like fell cleave from ms war in dyna d or other WSs from fomors, or OP crits,tp moves from boosted NMs in Odyssey or from endeath in ambu etc. Shadows works for many things, but are generally hard to keep up as /nin while still trying to keep dps. When someone else can give you shadows tho, thats whole other story. Also shadows hitting 6 targets is totally game breaking hate tool. It's by far the strongest hate tool in a game and it's a buff, so works for everything that have you on hate list. It's ideal for hate reset too, because you can keep getting hate back while providing shadows for party members having hate after it was reset on you. This katana is total game changer for nin tanking. Not sure how anyone with base knowledge of ffxi mechanics cant see that.

You're arguing points I didn't even make. I said exactly what I said. Everyone's panties getting bunched over this thing you think is super crazy best item ever. It's not that.

Just simple reality. It's a novelty item. Totes cool. Nothing worth busting a nut over.

Honestly in reality it would be detrimental. Tards would stop using dt because the nin will keep my shadows up. Yeah. No.

You can argue that nothing in horizontal progression is worth busting a nut over, but this katana would be definitely in top 3 contenders. Idc about tards. For me this katana is totally broken and you can argue otherwise, but it's just silly. Do you really can't notice the impact of giving NIN hate tool that's base 2280ve/960ce (3 times more than Foil) that can be spammed one after another while also providing shadows to whole party? Outside of this being totally op for group play, it's also totally op for solo.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-09 12:03:47
Link | Citer | R

agreed- the no ammo usage for Exeter isn't gonna pair up with the augment to Recycle on the Arcadian Beret.

They'd have to code Recycle to cap at 100% unlike it currently is, and RNG has enough gear to reach that without any special gun. (30% base, 25% via merits, 38% from Arcadian Beret+3 and 16% on Adhemar Kecks+1 alone would put a RNG well above 100%). So this weapon will have to work differently than Recycle, the way that Epeolatry and Burtgang have PDT II so that the "real" cap on PDT remains the same.

My guess is it simply ignores ammo usage the way Quick Draw does.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 12:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

Depends on if gun counts as a recycle effect or not. 100%+ recycle rate could be some serious *** for rng at the least.

What would be op in 100% recycle (Assuming we forget that recycle caps at around 90% and with relic+3 head you are at 89%).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-09 12:07:38
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Demhar said: »
how ridiculous is that Chocobo Knife design...I just can't..
Really?

I use one in my THF lockstyle. It's offhand to my Aern Dagger.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-09 12:09:46
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

What would be op in 100% recycle (Assuming we forget that recycle caps at around 90% and with relic+3 head you are at 89%).

The ONLY advantage I can see in it is that with 100% recycle rate its not about the ammo conservation, but the bonus TP proc from relic+3 head. But that's not going to change any builds for RNG which, as you said, already hits damn near the cap as is and its merely viewed as a nice bonus to TP overflow, not a part of x-shot builds. Then you're just looking at a gun that still needs A RMEA-level bullet and boasts less base damage and no bonus to related WSs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 12:13:50
Link | Citer | R

So first, it's going to be mainhand only, you know it.

You also know that you don't get enmity for 18 shadows created, give them some credit.

Solo, you're already the tank or you specifically don't want to be (AAEV August etc) giving trusts shadows is moot at best. enmity+ has absolutely zero value solo. and you have to give up your rema to use it even if you wanted to.

If you think aoe utsusemi is broken, wait until you find out about aerial armor, your head might explode. Not only does aoe utsusemi already exist but the job that does it has other buffs too, omg broken wtf?
[+]
By Nariont 2021-02-09 12:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Pretty likely itll give the utsu effect to each pt member, single target utsu is 160/480 CE/VE under yonin. So, assuming it does work like every other AoE JA/cure/etc and applies that hate per target thats 960/2880 per utsu cast, before any +enmity, the dmg reduction from everyone having shadows is just a bonus.

Now, could just not apply that hate in which case its just an alright tool, in any case its still locked behind a bonanza so its moot since its such a low chance to attain its likely youll never use it.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-09 12:22:55
Link | Citer | R

You also know that you don't get enmity for 18 shadows created, give them some credit.

Solo, you're already the tank or you specifically don't want to be (AAEV August etc) giving trusts shadows is moot at best. enmity+ has absolutely zero value solo. and you have to give up your rema to use it even if you wanted to.

If you think aoe utsusemi is broken, wait until you find out about aerial armor, your head might explode. Not only does aoe utsusemi already exist but the job that does it has other buffs too, omg broken wtf?

What kind of Blu does Diffusion Occulation over Mighty Guard?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 12:23:40
Link | Citer | R

I will say if it was all ninjutsu extends to the party...

AoE Myoshu, AoE Migawari, AoE Yain, AoE Kakka AND AoE Utsu, now you can start jerkin'

(yeah, none of that is "unique" but it's leagues better than utsu)

Odin.Senaki said: »
What kind of Blu does Diffusion Occulation over Mighty Guard?
The kind of BLU that's spelled SMN
aerial armor
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-09 12:25:22
Link | Citer | R

If it was all self-buff Ninjutsu, that would break Ninja.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 12:27:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If it was all self-buff Ninjutsu, that would break Ninja.

*Shrug* would it Break ninja, or would it simply get ninja some lovin. None of it is spectacular.

Basically just ninja songs. Scherzo, Dirge, Samurai Roll (I or II), and Auspice
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-09 12:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
...that would break Ninja.

Those are the only two extremes SE knows for the job. Completely broken, or shelved via irrelevance.
[+]
By eliroo 2021-02-09 12:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Did you just compare AoE Utsusemi to... Aerial Guard?
[+]
By Guyford 2021-02-09 12:31:30
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so the katana is awesome even if its only giving 3 shadows to party members with san.

The GK also looks pretty interesting. Switch up merits to third eye recast, meditate, ride seigan, keep getting sc dmg boost and evade all those multi-hit tp moves and melee hits.

I LOVE the shield just because I'm a pld and can't help but drool over +25% duration sentinel/palisade/rampart/fealty. Macro in for war ja's too, but yea purely a macro piece.

And the flametongue obviously op for blu but probably doesn't cut it for war over naegling or dualwielding over blurred shield +1.

Finally, that brave blade III if it gets like 100 pdl could be neat in some very specific situations.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 12:31:45
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »

For all intents and purposes they're the same thing. They're not literally, but they are basically.
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 12:33:52
Link | Citer | R

The only thing that was main hand only from those Bonanza weapon were WSs. I honestly doubt its main hand only.

None is talking about 18 people. We are talking about party of 6 players. Every other mechanic that makes spell AoE, also makes enmity count for each player hit, so its most likely this will also work like that.

Blink and Utsusemi shadows are not the same. Also how you can even compare blinks on 20 sec cooldown, that block every other Ward from being used on SMN to shadows, that can be spammed like 4 times in the same time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 12:34:33
Link | Citer | R

18 shadows is 6 party members (6x3)

"bloodpact cooldown" I didn't say it was useful (that's why no one uses it) just that it's the same. Aka; aoe utsu is equally, useless
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-09 12:35:46
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »

For all intents and purposes they're the same thing. They're not literally, but they are basically.

Like saying Dark and Milk chocolate are the same because it's both chocolate. But we all know dark chocolate is disgusting.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-09 12:37:39
Link | Citer | R

Aerial Armor is Blink, and you have to know why Blink is worse than Utsusemi
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22