First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 12:39:03
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Blink
Creates shadow images that each absorb a single attack directed at you.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Utsusemi:_Ichi
Creates shadow images that each absorb a single attack directed at you.

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-09 12:39:37
Link | Citer | R

Not sure why you'd feign this sort of ignorance but it's annoying.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 12:39:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
18 shadows is 6 party members (6x3)

Why are you counting shadows when commenting enmity lol? Its totally unrelated with number of shadows.

"bloodpact cooldown" I didn't say it was useful (that's why no one uses it) just that it's the same. Aka; aoe utsu is equally, useless

None is using it, exactly because it on same cooldown with every other Ward, not to mention you would need to switch Avatars if you also doing Rage. Youa re talking nonsense now.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 12:41:52
Link | Citer | R

Guyford said: »
Ok, so the katana is awesome even if its only giving 3 shadows to party members with san.

It gives the same exact amount of shadows you would be getting if you subbed ninja and casted Ichi or Ni. It's perfectly reasonable. NIN finally has a way of buffing the entire party. Kind of a shame it's locked behind a weapon.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-09 12:43:46
Link | Citer | R

And the flametongue obviously op for blu but probably doesn't cut it for war over naegling or dualwielding over blurred shield +1.
I wouldn't call it OP for BLU. There are better offhand options than Flametongue.

Maybe offhand RDM, but honestly, I don't play RDM.

Flametongue is a toy. It wouldn't improve any main-hand damage, unless you really need the ilvl accuracy bonus. Only example I can think of would be W3 Dynamis.

Then, and dependent on 2 things (Enfire damage and STR mod transferring from offhand), it might be better than other offhand options for those specific setups.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 12:44:17
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Why are you counting shadows when commenting enmity lol? Its totally unrelated with number of shadows.

Sounds like he's including the multiplier effect of Su5 with the Yonin enmity bonus to Utsusemi spells. Technically you would pair the two together for an even better enmity chunk. So he's correct (assuming the enmity generated from Utsusemi shadows of others with Su5 gets counted with Yonin enmity rate), but he probably mixed up the two?
By Pantafernando 2021-02-09 12:44:20
Link | Citer | R

Ibf4 you gonna become the utsusemi-wbore, utsusemi-slave.

No food, no sleep, no drink. Just keep casting.

Watch out what you wish....
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 12:44:34
Link | Citer | R

AA gives shadows to a party; fact

new katana gives shadows to a party; fact

Details? Irrelevant.

Ones faster. Both suck. Endthemesong.playmeout

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Ok, so the katana is awesome even if its only giving 3 shadows to party members with san.

It gives the same exact amount of shadows you would be getting if you subbed ninja and casted Ichi or Ni. It's perfectly reasonable. NIN finally has a way of buffing the entire party. Kind of a shame it's locked behind a weapon.

Not confusing anything, everyone seems to think they'll get extra enmity for extra shadows. They won't. It doesn't modify anything it simply gives shadows.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-09 12:46:07
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Not only that, but would also give other DDs a reason not to /NIN when shadows are needed.

It wouldn't help the NIN as much as it would help other DDs in the same party. That's pretty much the point of the weapon, and why people will not get it. Everyone is all in for "mai parse lul!" and not for "what's best for the team!"
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-09 12:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Details? Irrelevant.

A convenient assertion to make when you're wroooooong.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 12:47:51
Link | Citer | R

I don't think people will turn down getting it simply because it buffs others. They will turn down getting it because it's for Ninja (a job they might never play and get practical use out of the toy) and it's locked behind a lottery where you can only pick one.

I would pick it, but nobody who views NIN the way it is commonly viewed will bother.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 12:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Details? Irrelevant.

I think you need to learn the difference between literally and basically.

Colored pencil, and a crayon. They're not "the same" but they both color red. They're the same. made of different stuff, look different, do the same thing.
By Ruaumoko 2021-02-09 12:48:38
Link | Citer | R

It stands to reason that Enmity generation from Utsusemi under the Darkblade will emulate Liement from an Epeolatry, in that despite it being a self-target ability by default it multiplies the CE/VE generated per number of party members it affects when used with the Epeolatry.

Some quick math to lay out how strong the effect is.

Assuming +100 Enmity (easy to achieve under Yonin) and assuming you hit your entire party with Utsusemi.
240 CE / 980 VE
x 6 = 1440 CE / 5880 VE

If for some reason it works in the off-hand, unlikely as it is then Fudo Masamune or Nagi with the Darkblade in the off-hand will be even more insane.

I do think that all these weapons will become earnable in future, perhaps even with endgame content added at the end of Voracious Resurgence.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-09 12:49:48
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Details? Irrelevant.

I think you need to learn the difference between literally and basically.

Colored pencil, and a crayon. They're not "the same" but they both color red. They're the same.

They don't always both color red. Are you pretending or do you really not know why Copy Image is a stronger buff than Blink?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 12:50:01
Link | Citer | R

Not confusing anything, everyone seems to think they'll get extra enmity for extra shadows.

Nobody is linking the shadows to the enmity generation. Just the fact that the spell now will hit 6 people instead of one, so the enmity generated from Utsusemi with Yonin is multipled by 6. Has nothing to do with active shadows unless you pair it with Fudo Masamune C.
By Pantafernando 2021-02-09 12:50:24
Link | Citer | R

Those type of hybrid concepts are the juice for the japanese groups that try the weirdest combinations of solo/low mans.

Ibf4 NIN/WHM + BST new meta. BST now can engage without fear because of shadows and NIN cures.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2021-02-09 12:59:13
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
It stands to reason that Enmity generation from Utsusemi under the Darkblade will emulate Liement from an Epeolatry, in that despite it being a self-target ability by default it multiplies the CE/VE generated per number of party members it affects when used with the Epeolatry.

Some quick math to lay out how strong the effect is.

Assuming +100 Enmity (easy to achieve under Yonin) and assuming you hit your entire party with Utsusemi.
240 CE / 980 VE
x 6 = 1440 CE / 5880 VE

If for some reason it works in the off-hand, unlikely as it is then Fudo Masamune or Nagi with the Darkblade in the off-hand will be even more insane.

I do think that all these weapons will become earnable in future, perhaps even with endgame content added at the end of Voracious Resurgence.

Just wait till their spaghetti code lets you put copy images onto PUP's automatons, DRG's wyverns, and BST's pets, (edit: and SMN's avatars, and and and and...)! :D
By Guyford 2021-02-09 13:03:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
And the flametongue obviously op for blu but probably doesn't cut it for war over naegling or dualwielding over blurred shield +1.
I wouldn't call it OP for BLU. There are better offhand options than Flametongue.

Maybe offhand RDM, but honestly, I don't play RDM.

Flametongue is a toy. It wouldn't improve any main-hand damage, unless you really need the ilvl accuracy bonus. Only example I can think of would be W3 Dynamis.

Then, and dependent on 2 things (Enfire damage and STR mod transferring from offhand), it might be better than other offhand options for those specific setups.

Obviously I meant for offhand, even if the STR wsdmg doesn't transfer (I believe the INT bonus on icebrand did from last bonanza) name me a better offhand sword for blu with the 5pdl.
By Vankathka 2021-02-09 13:03:28
Link | Citer | R

Blink and Utsusemi do not do the same thing its like you're arguing cause they both allow you to evade a hit which is true however, Blink does not allow you to absorb AoE hits, IE Frypan Seismostomp Sweep aka ***that can stun you in dynamis a Ninja in a melee party could reduce stun time drastically in a situation like this, especially for 2 handed jobs that don't have malignance gear, would you use this weapon full-time, no, can you absolutely find a use for it, yes. That's not even factoring in how it could potentially affect the tanking aspect.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-09 13:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Vankathka said: »
Blink and Utsusemi do not do the same thing its like you're arguing cause they both allow you to evade a hit which is true however, Blink does not allow you to absorb AoE hits, IE Frypan Seismostomp Sweep aka ***that can stun you in dynamis a Ninja in a melee party could reduce stun time drastically in a situation like this, especially for 2 handed jobs that don't have malignance gear, would you use this weapon full-time, no, can you absolutely find a use for it, yes. That's not even factoring in how it could potentially affect the tanking aspect.

Damn it I can't keep being passive aggressive if you just give him the answers for free!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 13:05:20
Link | Citer | R

they both allow you to evade a hit which is true

End of discussion.

For all intents and purposes they're the same thing. They're not literally, but they are basically.
By Vankathka 2021-02-09 13:06:09
Link | Citer | R

You can't really be that obtuse, but here we are.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-09 13:06:52
Link | Citer | R

End of discussion.

This is sad, just stop. Just admit you *** up and move on.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-02-09 13:08:39
Link | Citer | R

End of discussion.

For all intents and purposes they're the same thing. They're not literally, but they are basically.

Aegis and Ochain both allow you to block, therefore they are both just as good at blocking.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 13:09:04
Link | Citer | R

They ARE infact, both, shields. They do both, infact, block.

They are, the same. ones better. Being better doesn't make it DIFFERENT.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-09 13:10:19
Link | Citer | R

That's... that's not how...
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-02-09 13:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Utsusemi also guarantees an absorb whereas Blink is only a chance to absorb, in addition to not working on physical AoE. This katana is objectively pretty cool, especially for Dyna-D. Too bad they are gating it behind rank 1 Mog Bonanza. That's really stupid. I'd love to have one on my ninja alt.
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 13:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Not confusing anything, everyone seems to think they'll get extra enmity for extra shadows. They won't. It doesn't modify anything it simply gives shadows.

Oh you are super confused. None is talking about enmity from extra shadows from path c fudo. I'm talking about utsusemi spell being casted on 6 players would result in enmity x6 like it's in every other example like that (yagrush, accession, diffusion) and I'm talking about base 2880ve/920ce enmity, not even counting any enmity+ from ja or gear. NIN with this katana has the biggest spamable enmity tool in game. Thing like Foil or /blu spells would be miles behind.
By Guyford 2021-02-09 13:15:16
Link | Citer | R

I guess I should just stack evasion then and forget shadows all together. Come on brds, bring back double mambo.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 13:16:53
Link | Citer | R

I guess I should just stack evasion then and forget shadows all together. Come on brds, bring back double mambo.

Double SV mambo is actually OP for Malignance jobs, but that's whole another story lol
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22