Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » 2021-2022 BLU Hopes & Expectations
2021-2022 BLU Hopes & Expectations
First Page 2 3
By Draylo 2020-11-30 19:32:51
Link | Citer | R

Nobody talking about our favorite job that needs an update. What do people want SE to do!?

-Equipment (AF3) that enhances potency of additional effects on blue magic and enhances duration of our buffs.

-Update to our outdated JA's like Chain Affinity and Burst affinity, Convergence is straight garbo out of lv75 days. Diffusion should have charges or a lower recast time. Unbridled Learning should also have charges so we could use more than 1 spell.

I think if we at least got a boost to potency of add effects I would be super happy. Would open up a lot more options for BLU playstyle and utility which we fell way behind in. A powered up Infrasonics for a big EVA down, Bad Breath thats actually useful, a stronger -DEF down, etc.

I would love new spells but I'm sure that isn't an option at this point so instead of manually updating each spell, my idea seems to be the best choice! AF3 will be the best option for this that they could do.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-30 20:44:52
Link | Citer | R

I would love to use Tourbillion without losing access to mighty guard and I'd love more party buff options. I'd also like increased duration with skill level on buffs, and it would be cool if our enfeebs were worth a dam.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-30 20:56:19
Link | Citer | R

60 second Unbridled Learning.
60 second Diffusion.
60 more spell slots.
[+]
 Shiva.Zykei
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2020-11-30 21:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Enhancing magic duration to work on blue buffs is all I ask for.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2020-11-30 21:14:08
Link | Citer | R

A reason to actually use our spells would be nice. Out of the hundred spells we have we use what? 5-10? And i dont mean for job traits
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Akaden 2020-11-30 21:33:26
Link | Citer | R

Literally the only thing BLU really needs is longer buff durations in everyday situations. However they achieve it, I don't care. Gear with a specific stat would work. Scaling duration by skill would work. Give a trait that scales with level. Some combo of these would do too. Composure like stance might be okay. The buffs don't have to last as long as RDM's buffs. But 90 seconds for attack/defense up is insanely low. Hell if they just fixed THESE spells (and maybe a few others), I'd welcome that.

Bonuses IMO:
Usable chain/burst affinity for solo situations. BLU is strong solo already. But chain/burst is essentially useless. Burst has niche infrequent use for AoE magic, but chain is just fully unused.
More available "Unbridled" would allow for neat buff situations as Jedigamer mentioned, but IMO it's fully unnecessary. Again, really nice if they do, but I doubt they will.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-30 22:01:13
Link | Citer | R

make cocoon and natures med last longer and idc what else they change as long as there are no nerfs

I would ask to be put on to some of the gear like freke ring, gere ring, malignance earring, but let's be real they hate blu
[+]
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Serveur: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-11-30 22:38:20
Link | Citer | R

They could make duration scale with blue magic skill like Blood Pact wards scale with summoning skill.

I also would love to be able to magic burst natively, and see Burst Affinity changed to additional magic burst bonus. The major draw to magical spells has been using them in an aoe fashion in the past, but if Odyssey is any indication, SE is aware of this and taking steps to limit it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-30 22:41:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zykei said: »
[+]
By Draylo 2020-11-30 22:55:31
Link | Citer | R

No need to be so conservative. Am I the only one that sees the benefit of letting us increase our add effect potency?
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-11-30 23:01:15
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Aerandir said: »
but if Odyssey is any indication
What happened with our AOE in Odyssey?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-30 23:03:53
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
No need to be so conservative. Am I the only one that sees the benefit of letting us increase our add effect potency?
Let's be honest for a second though.

If they made added effects stronger, they would "balance" it out to make it less accurate on the mobs that matter, like NMs. Or straight outright immune them period for just BLU spells.

SE doesn't have much love for BLU anymore. The best we can hope for honestly is to have enhancing duration gear or the ability to increase it through another method, like reducing Diffusion timer or making a new ability that increases it but shares the same timer as Diffusion, or straight out prevents it for going AoE.

They may see Erratic Flutter Diffusion as the "go to" party Haste 2 spell now, even though SMN has a much longer duration Haste 2 with the same potency. But since it's pretty obvious that the developers do not play this game, or even keep up with current playstyles, they just see what they want to see and assume that everyone plays how they "play".

Honestly, I'm pessimistic that they would do anything meaningful for BLU ever again.
By Aricomfy 2020-11-30 23:15:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zykei said: »

Absolutely this. Not only would this really help out BLU itself but Tanking in general with it as a subjob would see massive quality of life improvements as well. Imagine not having to cast Cocoon again every single minute during a fight.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-30 23:22:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Essylt said: »
Cerberus.Aerandir said: »
but if Odyssey is any indication
What happened with our AOE in Odyssey?

Nerfed it like how it is in Domain Invasion.
 Sylph.Chocobro
Serveur: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2020-11-30 23:43:09
Link | Citer | R

Shamelessly going to copy/paste what I posted in the blu guide topic some time ago.

Quote:
Here's my wishlist for a BLU update:

Substantially lower the cooldown of Diffusion
I understand that the cooldown was created so that you couldn't buff and then swap out those spells before the start of a fight. This feels outdated now where buffs will last less than or barely longer than one-minute lockouts of your blue magic, buffs tied to unbridled learning spell cooldown, and buffs tied to magic that provide good passivbe bonuses when set.

Make Chain/Burst affinity resemble SCH's stratagem system
Multiple charges with relatively short cooldown
Can be used for either affinity just like light/dark arts
Helps put more focus on a BLU using their spells

Monster Correlation revamp
The goal is to make physical blue magic viable when right now they interrupt TP that could be used for more effective weaponskills
One way would be to significantly increase the bonuses like they once were long ago, making certain physical spells effective against enemy types
Another way would be to couple it with a % damage bonus for all physical spells. May still be weaker than sword weaponskills, but might be useful when blunt or piercing damage types are more effective

I don't see them giving BLU any passives or changing the ones they currently have. I also don't see them changing convergence since they seem to like their 10 min cd abilities on mage jobs that provide little benefit overall (Makes my change about diffusion seem less likely, but hoping they see it differently since it's support and not damage.

Another improvement would be do boost critical attack bonus. This would help out dual wield jobs like thf and dnc as well, in addition to making crit weaponskills more competitive.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-01 07:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Nobody talking about our favorite job that needs an update. What do people want SE to do!?
Dreams: re-adjust every single BLU spell

Realistic: increase duration of some buff spells and/or release BLU-only gear that increases duration of BLU buffs.
Also adjustments to a small amount of spells to make them more useful, especially (but not only) the Unbridled Learning ones.
By Gambits 2020-12-01 08:01:51
Link | Citer | R

SE only knows one way to balance jobs now, turn it into a pure melee job and call it a day...
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-12-01 08:08:16
Link | Citer | R

With the caveat that BLU is already good and doesn't really need as much help as a few other jobs, the only thing I really expect would be they replace Assimilation with another merit and give us those five more points natively.

However, one or more of these would be great:

Longer duration on buffs, enough said.

Increased power to physical spells, they give monsters a LOT of TP, they should at least do more damage than a round of auto attacks. It's also incredibly lame that we have physical spells and virtual never use them. Not sure how much more for physical spells without Chain Affinity/Efflux, but when buffed with CA and or Efflux, they should be comparable to lower end modern day weaponskill damage.

Lower duration on our JAs. In the modern days, the timers on these just do not line up to their usefulness.
I would lower Chain Affinity to 1 minute.
Efflux can stay a minute or maybe down to 45s. (Both CA and Efflux depending on how much physical spells are buffed)
Burst Affinity down to 1 minute. Maybe 30 seconds.
Diffusion down to 5 minutes
Unbridled on anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes. Most of the Unbridled spells aren't strong enough to really warrant them being locked behind such a high cooldown.

A couple more spell slots and points, maybe 2 and 5 respectively.

And finally, revisit some of the gear they intentionally left BLU off and maybe put them on some of them... Though that's mainly just because of inventory. They did put us on Malignance after all and that's pretty much unquestionably the best armor set in the game.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-01 08:24:04
Link | Citer | R

It would be nice to have 20 more BLU points and 5 more spell slots, but that would make BLU too overpowered honestly.
By snakeplisken 2020-12-01 09:17:31
Link | Citer | R

I'd assume they'ld do something to BLM before BLU as BLM still blows for many reasons. Only thing BLM has over BLU is burst damage, other than that and manawall BLU beats it in every way.
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2020-12-01 09:18:41
Link | Citer | R

I really wouldn't mind a new Weaponskill as well. Requiscat to open darkness is honestly terrible. That ws had so much potential.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-01 09:32:03
Link | Citer | R

snakeplisken said: »
I'd assume they'ld do something to BLM before BLU as BLM still blows for many reasons. Only thing BLM has over BLU is burst damage, other than that and manawall BLU beats it in every way.
Same can be said about SCH too.

Nuking BLU is great. The only real issue is the inability to magic burst.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-12-01 09:33:06
Link | Citer | R

They need to change Aga/Aja/Ara to work the same way as BLU AoE nukes and AoE WS. And then, instead of the how they're tackling AoE damage now, have THAT be reduced by the amount of monsters hit like how Aga/Aja/Ara interact now, only a bit worse.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-01 09:45:16
Link | Citer | R

I think the tradeoff between the AoE damage from -ga/-ja/-ra line vs. BLU AoEs is that BLMs/GEOs do not need to "equip" said spells, and can cast them at will. While BLUs have to "equip" them and even then, we are very limited on the type of spells we can equip (sure, we can equip all 8 of the major elemental spells, but that would kill the other uses of spells, such as self refresh, buffs, and trait-only spells). We would have to have be very specific on the types of spells, so the benefits of being very specific is that we don't suffer a damage penalty from AoE as other jobs do, outside of specific events such as Domain Invasion.

tl:dr version - it's fine as it is.
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2020-12-02 14:29:14
Link | Citer | R

Job abilities that actually do something would be nice. Chain Affinity and efflux used to be good for a nice bit of damage. At this point why waste the time when i can just use a WS for at least 3x that amount. Convergence is useless, and unbridled learning/wisdom are good for about 3 or 4 uses.

Either these or make Monster Correlation relevant
By Shichishito 2020-12-02 16:42:12
Link | Citer | R

snakeplisken said: »
befor they touch BLM they should make changes to what put a aburpt stop to the popularity of magic burst setups, the consecutive MB nerf. once they done that you can reevaluate BLM and decide if it still needs a buff or not.

BLUs main perk was always versatility and utility but when we have to rotate our buffs our DPS suffers and if we add 1-3 offense spells for debuffing that don't even land reliably it comes pretty much to a full stop. If they make changes to buff durations they should also reajust debuff durations, spell macc (and give feedback wether it did land or not) and maybe some of their potency.

they could also remove the TP depletion with Chain affinity without touching the damage formula of melee spells, it'd be still be a minor indirect buff to melee spells damage as savage blade and expiacion scale well with TP over 1000.

BLU has a lot of construction zones but i'm affraid SE doesn't aim for proper balancing. their goal is to create over powered jobs in order to emphasis ppl to drop their mains they've invested the majority of their time on and jump on the bandwagon. once enough ppl made the switch they create a new OP job and if the gap between the former bandwagon job isn't perceived big enough compared to the new one they directly or indirectly nerf the former one.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-01-14 11:30:43
Link | Citer | R

Rather than reduced cooldown, I hope UL becomes an effect that last a duration. And they change UW to something else.

5min cooldown but UL last 1 minute would be nice.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-14 12:04:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Briko said: »
Rather than reduced cooldown, I hope UL becomes an effect that last a duration. And they change UW to something else.

5min cooldown but UL last 1 minute would be nice.
Use multiple spells within that 1 minute?
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-01-14 12:14:14
Link | Citer | R

Yeah for sure. Being able to get up a full array of UL buff spells on yourself before like a Zerg would be nice. Like MG harden shell so on.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-14 12:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Would be nice, but SE would never implement it.

For one, it gives BLU a big buff. For another, it could also be abused to hell and back. For a third, it wouldn't be used just like buffing spells, plus the recast timers of some spells will have to be revamped.

It would also make Unbridled Wisdom completely useless.
First Page 2 3