Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!: RDM Guide

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!: RDM Guide
Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!: RDM Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15
By Argisto 2024-10-06 21:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Reain said: »
Can trusts immunobreak? If they can't it wouldn't surprise me if they use elemental resist rank for all debuffs.

I honestly don't know if trusts can Immunobreak.

According to the testing using trusts linked above, they found that neither Threnody, Rayke, nor Skillchains had any effect on Koru-Moru's or Kupipi's Slow or Paralyze AI.

I also did my own testing with a lvl 127 Apex Leech and even with a Soul Voice + Earth Threnody II with +7 songs (-390 Earth magic evasion down), Koru-Moru never used Slow II. According to the trust testing linked, Joachim requires more magic accuracy to make him cast Elegy compared to Koru-Moru and his Slow II AI. If Koru-Moru's Slow II magic accuracy was based on elemental resistance ranks like Joachim's Elegy then he should have been casting it without issue. This leads me to believe that Koru-Moru's Slow is based on negative status ranks.

Lili said: »
They can, but it's extremely hard to have them do so - it basically only happens if a threnody expires while they're casting, or stuff like that

Does anyone have any proof regarding this claim? Just going by the linked blog and my testing it would seem that it would not happen after a Threnody wearing since negative status ranks are unaffected by it.
VIP
By Lili 2024-10-07 03:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Argisto said: »
Does anyone have any proof regarding this claim? Just going by the linked blog and my testing it would seem that it would not happen after a Threnody wearing since negative status ranks are unaffected by it.

My statement wasn't meant to be a strict mechanics statement (hence the "stuff like that" part), it was to explain a scenario where a trust decides it can cast a spell, but then gets denied. In my hurry I wrote threnody, should maybe have written Frazzle and meva down/macc up bubbles instead. I'll amend the post.

Point is, I definitely have seen Cherukiki land Immunobreaks with silence and para before, but the situations where she casts the spells are definitely not that many, unless on weak mobs or when buffs/debuffs make her think she can.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15