Blu Debuffs
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2020-10-09 18:08:05
Link | Citer | R

Whats debuffs are you currently using for high level content. or are you just out there swinging your sword during group play
 Shiva.Osborn
Serveur: Shiva
user: Osborn
By Shiva.Osborn 2020-10-09 18:30:07
Link | Citer | R

For high level content all I do is Expiacion over and over and over.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-10-09 19:01:43
Link | Citer | R

If you don't need the Haste or defensive attributes of Mighty Guard then Tourbillion is a really powerful Defense Down (-33%), quite fond of that one, especially if Defense Down from other sources is lacking.

Delta Thrust's Plague is great for lowman setups and if you don't have Shijin Spiral from a MNK around.

Saurian Slide's Attack Down stacks with Geo-Wilt and is useful on physical heavy targets like Halphas.

All the denial spells have great application for crowd control in Omen and Divergence.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-10-09 19:59:15
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Daviant said: »
Whats debuffs are you currently using for high level content. or are you just out there swinging your sword during group play

whynotboth.jpg
By HyperKTM 2020-10-09 20:05:27
Link | Citer | R

Blu debuffs lawl
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-10-09 21:01:45
Link | Citer | R

tenebral crush or sweeping gauge depending on if AoE matters or not and if the mob is resistant to light or dark. saurian slide saurian slide for -att and sudden lunge to stun dynamis d fodder preventive or during 1hour like nins or mnks. dream flower also works on fodder in dynamis d but watch out on higher lvl waves and generaly be prepared for resists and keep occultation up.

thats basically it for physical debuff spells. you only get enough spell points to set like 1-2 of them outside of your standard set without cripling DD capabilities or utility.

delta thrust either doesn't seem to land at all or the -tp plague is so abysmal that you'll barely notice it even with a ~50% subtle blow set.

there are magical based ones that might be situationaly usefull. silent storm comes to mind, probably the only BLU debuff with a somewhat reasonable duration but like most BLU debuffs it seems to have trouble sticking and due to longer recasts if you have to rely on the debuff you stand there pants down if it doesn't land right away.
By Draylo 2020-10-09 21:20:24
Link | Citer | R

We need that #BLUPDATE.

Only a very small handful of useful ones that many jobs can do better by now. Need some potency gear.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-10-09 21:31:48
Link | Citer | R

tbh i don't want extra gear. just fix it; or if you need to make a grind out of it at least make sure it doesn't lead to more strain on already overloaded BLU inventory.
By Draylo 2020-10-09 22:38:53
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't mind honestly, especially since they plan to add another inventory thing. It would give us things to work towards instead of auto updating every single spell, which seems impossible for their small staff. I would love more potency options, like all the ones RDM has. It would really bring a lot of our older spells up to benefit content.
 Bahamut.Suph
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-10-09 22:52:32
Link | Citer | R

I second Ruaumoko on Tourbillion

Really great for Ambuscade where you can't use brd/cor/geo

Have 2 blu alternate between Diffusion + MG for haste while the other Tourbillion and you can have capped haste full time along with the def down.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Xzerper
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Xzerper 2020-11-18 03:36:32
Link | Citer | R

What are some those niche spells that are "I'd prob not use it, but it might be fun to use it."

Mine is Blastbomb CC bind of choice. Unsure of its duration, though.

Anything else that would be moderately useful outside niche situations that are likely completely useless but have their individual uses on specific NMs?
By Pantafernando 2020-11-18 03:52:21
Link | Citer | R

I guess the MDB down, if looking for some cleaving.

I always wonder maybe two BLUs rotating some spell > entomb on a apex pull, if they could finish them quickly and safely.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-11-18 06:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

I always wonder maybe two BLUs rotating some spell > entomb on a apex pull, if they could finish them quickly and safely.
I don’t see why not, throwing in a GEO and maybe another BLU should mow a whole clutch of mobs down pretty quickly. Prebuff with blink or have a GEO Sleepga in timing with the nukes and you might have a decent party. Like an OLD School SMN burn party but without the Astral Flow?
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
Serveur: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-11-18 09:21:44
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

we've done dyna D that way pulling tons of mobs and having 2-3 blues rotating entombed and floe. clearing all mobs in all waves. of course didn't do magic the whole time, just trash mobs. blue was at around 40 million damaged for the run.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-18 09:37:20
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tried to use a m.acc set with over 600 skill for debuffung enfeeblement in dyna D? I've been meaning to try it myself but haven't yet. I did do testing on apex in Outer Ra'Kaznar and they worked ok.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-18 09:37:46
Link | Citer | R

I have been meaning to try out Voracious Trunk on a few monsters/NMs but I keep forgetting.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-11-18 10:16:03
Link | Citer | R

You're not going to notice anything special for enfeebling type blue magic when opting for skill over an equal amount of raw magic accuracy.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-18 10:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Was thinking about this set:

ItemSet 376454

I could remove ghastly and use something else.
By Shichishito 2020-11-18 10:40:44
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I have been meaning to try out Voracious Trunk on a few monsters/NMs but I keep forgetting.
i haven't found a instance where its really usefull, it doesn't replace a conventional dispel like blank gaze or geist wall due to the longer cooldown and i wasn't able to steal any effects worth stealing.
most of the time you end up with something like additional elemental effect on hit or spikes but mobs are usually strong vs the elements they cast or maybe some +att buff with short duation that competes with natures meditations slot.
stolen buffs also seem to have short durations, i think i read somewhere you get the duration left at the moment you stole them.

same for osmosis. its a shame, could have been a really unique spell.

don't think there is much reason to stack BLU skill besides occultation and even there comes the point where i'd rather favor fast cast over a extra shadow.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-18 10:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Don't additional effects from magical blue spells have a greater chance if landing with m.acc and 600 skill?
By Shichishito 2020-11-18 11:11:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
Don't additional effects from magical blue spells have a greater chance if landing with m.acc and 600 skill?
it's the first time i hear that theory. that would mean blue skill relates to more than 1 to 1 macc in general or scales higher past a certain point? if i'm not mistaken most magic skills rather have the tendancy to drop of in correlation to macc ratio past a certain point.
would surprise me if thats the case but it would explain why there is so much +blue skill gear.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-18 11:15:56
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
it's the first time i hear that theory. that would mean blue skill relates to more than 1 to 1 macc in general or scales higher past a certain point? if i'm not mistaken most magic skills rather have the tendancy to drop of in correlation to macc ratio past a certain point.
would surprise me if thats the case but it would explain why there is so much +blue skill gear.

I'm struggling to find where I read that, but it's related to Blu changes a few years ago. I'll find the link.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-18 11:25:43
Link | Citer | R

The additional effects of blue magic have been changed to scale with blue magic skill.

From here:

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46068-Feb-19-2015-(JST)-Version-Update

Still can't find the 600 skill thing I read.
By Shichishito 2020-11-18 12:12:20
Link | Citer | R

well if you know how to test it for reliable results it might be worth a shot. i always had the impression BLU debuffs have trouble to stick.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-11-18 12:15:45
Link | Citer | R

That was regarding their accuracy, not their potency. There were a few spells that, for whatever reason, did not take blue magic skill into account when determining the land rate for additional effects.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-18 12:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
well if you know how to test it for reliable results it might be worth a shot. i always had the impression BLU debuffs have trouble to stick.

I might have to bite the bullet and try but I've been reluctant to waste a dyna D run if it doesn't work. I would go in as Blu/rdm or /sch. I suppose it's easy enough to switch it up even if I am sub mage.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-18 12:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
That was regarding their accuracy, not their potency. There were a few spells that, for whatever reason, did not take blue magic skill into account when determining the land rate for additional effects.

Correct. Potency will be much lower than a rdm but getting the effect to land is the goal of the m.acc and skill.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-11-18 12:32:59
Link | Citer | R

I'm talking about the update note. It doesn't say what you think it does.
By Shichishito 2020-11-18 12:50:49
Link | Citer | R

if you want to test in dynamis D you'd have at least to get to wave 2 as the AoE additional effects like break stick pretty reliably without prioritising blu skill on wave 1 with just trust support.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-18 12:55:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm not using the set posted (but I think I get pretty close to 600 skill by accident in my MACC gear), while I was going to dyna as BLU to cap my neck I was able to Absolute Terror wave 2 NMs pretty reliably. Wave 3 volte were more resistant, but I was able to Blistering Roar the wave 3 boss adds the few times I did try.

Thunderbolt stun duration was pretty iffy on wave 2 fodder though.
First Page 2