XIVCrossbar - A Gamepad Macro Addon
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-25 17:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Is there anyway to shrink the additional bars or the system as a whole?

Could have sworn there was a size function somewhere originally.

Is there a way to change x y of the additional bars?

Don't know if this would be possible, but it would be really cool to have them shrink and expand when active.

small just legible for timers/sc... RT RT... (expand/zoom) ... press button.

EDIT: appears to be an error with hotbar 3? Which is now hotbar4?
Anyways double triggers (L+R) went blank on all my pallets but still in the xml

L>R(3) R>L(4) got it
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-25 17:48:28
Link | Citer | R

Rough visual for editing via XML
Feel like I am learning XML through brute force at this point...

Code
<PalletName> 
     <Orange is hotbar_#>
         <Green is slot Number>
              Action info and such in here
         </close green>
     </close orange>
</Close Pallet name>

Where is the mythical slot 9?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-06-25 18:16:15
Link | Citer | R

There's a compact mode, but I don't think I was able to notice any changes when i turned it on. The doubletapping is actually more responsive than my crossbar in ffxiv itself, so great job there.
By Aliekber 2022-06-25 18:38:53
Link | Citer | R

Wait, is compact mode not working for everyone else?
By Aliekber 2022-06-25 18:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Where is the mythical slot 9?
Yeah, that's caused by a bug I haven't been able to track down the cause of yet.

As they say, there are only two hard problems in programming: naming, cache invalidation, and off-by-one errors.

Edit: Oh, by the way, don't delete your slot 9s if you edit the XML manually. Your crossbar will load in a weird state if you do.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-06-25 18:43:11
Link | Citer | R

It seems to work on the current version. I just tested it out. No idea why it didn't when I first started out. I assume you got the bug worked out somehow between versions.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-25 18:57:59
Link | Citer | R

Aliekber said: »
Wait, is compact mode not working for everyone else?
It's working, disregard everything up above compact is great.
[+]
By Aliekber 2022-06-25 22:53:10
Link | Citer | R

Just pushed a minor update. Tradable items and usable items no longer use a generic icon, but use their own icons extracted from the game. (Thanks to Rubenator of Leviathan's Icon Extractor library!)
By Aliekber 2022-06-26 01:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Added a menu option to reposition the crossbar. It has a side-effect of moving all your icons to the upper-left corner of their slots, but the glitch goes away when you reload.

It would be a fair bit of work to fix, and since it's such a minor bug, and a reload fixes it, I'm just going to leave it as-is for now. Maybe I'll get to it later.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadida
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2022-06-28 03:39:30
Link | Citer | R

I just wanted to say, I decided to install FFXI for the first time in 8 years to take a break from FFXIV, and this add-on is an absolute GODSEND for a FFXIV controller player like myself. It's incredible, thank you!
[+]
By Aliekber 2022-06-28 14:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadida said: »
I just wanted to say, I decided to install FFXI for the first time in 8 years to take a break from FFXIV, and this add-on is an absolute GODSEND for a FFXIV controller player like myself. It's incredible, thank you!
It makes me happy to read that. The entire reason this addon exists is that I saw how my (XIV-loving) wife struggled with XI's interface, and I wanted to make things easier for her.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadida
By Sylph.Shadida 2022-07-05 08:48:13
Link | Citer | R

I've been using your addon for about a week now and I'm loving it! I've even been loading my own custom icons from FFXIV and it has been mostly smooth sailing. I do have a few pieces of feedback:

1) I have an issue where the trigger inputs tend to "hang" - the game and addon will act as if the trigger is still depressed even though it isn't. Is this a controller issue on my end or something to do with the addon or keylogger?

2) Is there something I can change about my init.txt to make sure that the controller's confirm button works in the title screen? I've found that the xivcrossbar addon is unstable if I load it before logging in (as far as I can tell, it doesn't recognize my server correctly, creating data for an Asura character even though I'm on Sylph, which causes problems if I don't reload after logging in). However, without loading xivcrossbar, my controller's confirm button doesn't seem to work.

3) Is it possible to change the way that the Attack command works? For initiating a fight it's great, but I wish it would change to Change Target instead of Disengage. Also, can the changing buttons be expanded to other slots?

Thanks again for this addon, it's really awesome!
 Sylph.Shadida
By Sylph.Shadida 2022-07-05 09:02:26
Link | Citer | R

Oh, and one more big request: is it possible to have the controller active while the FFXI window is not in focus? As often as I'm having to check wiki's and the like, it would be a huge help to have that ability.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-07-05 10:38:48
Link | Citer | R

1) I personally don't have that issue ever since the big update. Might be a machine or controller specific problem?
2) Have you considered just opening the .ahk files manually ahead of time? There is also a plugin that double taps enter for you when you login.
By Aliekber 2022-07-05 19:53:18
Link | Citer | R

@Shadida

1) I would guess it's probably a controller issue. I haven't seen the hanging trigger problem since the earlier versions of the addon.

2) Yes, add either
Code
run addons/xivcrossbar/ffxi_directinput.ahk

or
Code
run addons/xivcrossbar/ffxi_xinput.ahk

to your init.txt (depending on whether you use an Xbox controller or not).

3) TBH, I kind of forgot I even implemented the changing buttons because I personally don't use them, and nobody ever asks about them. Off the cuff, I think it should be possible to change Attack/Disengage to Attack/Switch Target.

What other changing buttons would be useful? (This isn't necessarily a promise to implement them, but I'm curious.)

4) It would be non-trivial to send the inputs to a non-active window, mainly because A) it would start sending button presses to all instances of FFXI (e.g. for dualboxers), and B) I'd have to rewrite the AHK files for DirectInput and XInput. But I'll think about it.
 Sylph.Shadida
By Sylph.Shadida 2022-07-06 01:48:07
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the replies!

1 - Is there a way to modify the ahk to set a dead zone for the triggers since they're analog? I think they're not quite returning to 0

2 - I'll try this!

3 - Being as out of the loop as I am, I'm not entirely sure what combinations would be good, it's just an idea

4 - Understandable! It's just a minor gripe, I can just click the window again :)
By Aliekber 2022-07-06 12:18:44
Link | Citer | R

1 & 4 - (I'm assuming you're using an Xbox Controller, correct me if I'm wrong.) Try this custom ffxi_xinput.ahk, which should give you a larger deadzone, as well as make it so hitting the right bumper makes FFXI your active window if it wasn't already.

If you want to change the deadzone, just go into the file and change
Code
TRIGGER_DEAD_ZONE := 4

to anything from 0 to 255. The higher the number, the bigger the deadzone. Let me know if it works for you, because I'll probably add it to the main repo if it does.

3 - Players fresh from XIV are part of the target audience of this addon, so I definitely want to hear any ideas you have. (I selfishly want to capture as many XIV players as possible when SE eventually decides to merge XI and XIV into a single subscription, so that we get increased new content in XI.)
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-07-06 18:04:00
Link | Citer | R

Being able to cycle through sets would be the next big thing imo as so many jobs currently change weapons quickly and as such need to change their sets(mostly for the ws bindings) quickly.
Maybe support for a weapon switching button (/equip) or /equipset through the menu?

If you were bored and somehow found the space you could roughly copy ffxiv's default targeting settings. Eg. LB+ a button for target npc, pc,st(tab), and pt.
None of these suggestions are expected, just brainstorming here.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-06 18:29:03
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Being able to cycle through sets would be the next big thing imo as so many jobs currently change weapons quickly and as such need to change their s quickly.
Maybe support for a weapon switching button (/equip) or /equipset through the menu?

If you were bored and somehow found the space you could roughly copy ffxiv's default targeting settings. Eg. LB+ a button for target npc, pc,st(tab), and pt.
None of these suggestions are expected, just brainstorming here.

I use gearswap for this.
Gs c toggle weapons
Gs c set

You can add a custom button using the ex label in the xml
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-07-06 20:20:16
Link | Citer | R

I know this. I'm already setting this up for my jobs. I'm thinking about the people that are not experienced enough to do this and could use the ability to use an /equip main macro without opening up notepad +++.

Another idea popped in my head. Would there be a way to set the "timer" to a specific button? Eg. My sneak attack +WS sets could also display the countdown timer for sneak attack on them so that I know how long it is until they're ready without needing to use another addon or waste a slot on vanilla sneak attack.
By Aliekber 2022-07-06 23:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Yes, these are good ideas.
  • Creating equip weapon bindings should be straightforward to add.

• Creating equip gearset bindings should be simple, as long as I don't have to try to read what equipsets exist, and just rely on the user to give me the equipset number (or the GearSwap set name)

• Adding WS JA bindings (like SA+WS) that include the timer should be doable.

• I'd have to play around with the targeting settings idea, but it sounds good in theory.

• I've been messing around with adding some Gearswap-specific stuff, like actions to cycle OffenseMode and DefenseMode, since XIVCrossbar does kind of clobber the Ctrl+F9-F12 bindings...

• I still need to add in IcyDeath's SMN and HunterHog's SCH changes to the main repo.

With that said, I have some out-of-town visitors staying with me, and they'll be here for about another week, so I probably won't have time to make these changes until probably next Fridayish. (Edit: at the earliest)
 Sylph.Shadida
By Sylph.Shadida 2022-07-07 00:55:32
Link | Citer | R

Your custom AHK had an extra paren in line 272, but after I fixed that it works like a dream. No more hanging triggers! I modified it to use LB instead of RB to focus the window, thank you for adding that feature as well! I also added it to the init.txt and that also solved my title screen issue.

I'll pay attention to any friction I feel between this and XIV, but the changes you've made are already a huge help! The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to use the LB + Right Stick combination to zoom in and out, that would be a nice-to-have.

edit: ended up widening the dead zone a little, to 10.
By Aliekber 2022-07-07 02:08:41
Link | Citer | R

That's great to hear!

So, about LB+RightStick zooming... in a sense it would be easy to add, but doing it that way would be annoying to use. The problem is (and this is the perennial thorn in my side developing this addon) that I can't block the joystick input from reaching FFXI, which means that when you zoom in/out with LB+RightStick you're going to end up looking at the ground/sky.

I might be able to make it work by hijacking the arrow keys, but for that to work you would have to unbind your right stick from FFXI's controls, which would make you lose analog control of the camera, so fine movement would be difficult. But I haven't actually tried that yet; maybe it's barely noticeable.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-07-07 09:00:07
Link | Citer | R

Last idea. There is an addon called easynuke. Support for that would drastically reduce the space needed for nukes on BLM RDM and SCH. Nearly 1/6th.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-07 09:46:14
Link | Citer | R

You can do custom commands easily already with this addon Khajit. I implemented a lot of gearswap commands the last time I used it.

May still require manual edit of the xml though, it's been a while. the relevant field is just ex for a console command.

Edit: nevermind, I see you already acknoledged this.
 Sylph.Shadida
By Sylph.Shadida 2022-07-07 16:17:30
Link | Citer | R

Makes sense about not being able to intercept the input before it goes to XI.

One idea I had about button replacement could be Phantom Rolls on Corsair, change the roll button into Double-Up. You could even get crazy and change it into Snake Eyes or Fold conditionally?

One other concern - is there a way to get Hover Shot into the .xml for the abilities? I set up a custom icon for it, but since it's not in the resources/abils.xml it won't pick up my icon, and it also doesn't use the same timer animation as other abilities. I looked around for a more up-to-date version of the xml but couldn't find one.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-07-07 20:39:46
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
You can do custom commands easily already with this addon Khajit. I implemented a lot of gearswap commands the last time I used it.

May still require manual edit of the xml though, it's been a while. the relevant field is just ex for a console command.

Edit: nevermind, I see you already acknoledged this.

There's also the other issue of not having a visual cue on the icon about which element the nuke is going to be when you use element cycling.

I'm remembering that gearswaps some some weird targeting mode presets in them I never learned how to use properly since they didn't work off the bat. Actually figuring out how to use that function on my part + binding those commands to LB+ buttons might work better than my previous suggestion. Or just putting the function into the addon.
Eg:
Target mode normal does whatever the binding was set to
Target St makes <st> be on any spell/ja cast that isn't self target only
Target:NPC adds <stnpc> automatically to any spell/ja cast
And so on.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-08 19:05:35
Link | Citer | R

I decided to finally try to do this again and it's been a long time.

I can set 1 macro, and then I get an error for any other commands I try to map. Reloading the addon will let me set one more, and then happens again.
Code
XIVCROSSBAR: invalid hotbar (hotbar number)
[XIVCrossbar] Load crossbar sets for SAM-DRG
[XIVCrossbar] Load cross-subjob fallback crossbar set for SAM
[XIVCrossbar] Load cross-job fallback crossbar set

Any advice?

This is using the ingame command mapping by pushing the select key on the controller
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-08 19:47:37
Link | Citer | R

I figured it out. It was trying to add to the Lx2 or Rx2 hotbar even though it wasn't displaying on screen. I just had to hold L and R and then release the one I don't want to get it to put it on the single press one.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-08 21:28:06
Link | Citer | R

I just want to add, I am seriously impressed with how well this transferred to new install on a new PC.

Copied the whole folder over no changes needed on the addon
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11