users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » FFXI Up-scaled Armor/Mobs/Faces/Spells
FFXI Up-scaled Armor/Mobs/Faces/Spells
 Asura.Vibzz
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Vibzz 2020-08-06 18:28:14
Link | Citer | R

I'd kill for some upscaling on Ayanmo, everything looks so fresh till you see my fuzzy *** Ayanmo legs.
[+]
By Mazata 2020-08-06 18:41:07
Link | Citer | R

looks pretty nice keep up the great work. What are u using to upscale these?
 Ragnarok.Finea
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-08-15 13:57:35
Link | Citer | R

Large update - A lot of original NPCs, NPCs with unique animations (mostly found in guilds, shops, etc) - Lots/most of original mob TP attacks, along with rank 4-6 animations and spell effects.

https://github.com/Ashenbubs/AshenbubsHD
Few examples from GitHub:

[+]
By carissmera 2020-08-16 18:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Excellent work!
Interested to see if you've done anything to tarutaru textures.
Couldn't imagine they'd be easy.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-08-17 05:40:24
Link | Citer | R

Thank you very much!

I haven't touched their models yet - I have attempted and it's not the easiest! Hahaha - Mostly because their eyeball textures aren't circle or oval, they're an odd shape which means no matter what texture you try to apply to them, they never look correct. It has been something that's put me off, but I Have updated the Taru NPCs in the last update, but it may be something I go back and revisit for better hair and eye detail soon
 Bahamut.Elesar
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Elesar
By Bahamut.Elesar 2020-08-25 22:22:50
Link | Citer | R

Thank you so very much for your hard work. I love everything you have done so far especially the avatars.
By any chance do you plan to do the remaining avatars (Siren, Cait Sith, Odin, Alexander, and Atomos)?
By Boshi 2020-08-26 19:58:25
Link | Citer | R

any chance you can do the omen bodies/hands since ppl tend to lockstyle/idle in them
By Aricomfy 2020-08-26 21:27:18
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
any chance you can do the omen bodies/hands since ppl tend to lockstyle/idle in them

Yep, would like this as well.

The original body models for these Omen bodies should be named as the following inside of Altana Viewer if you're using it to locate the files. Altana Viewer names on the left:

Original Name | Omen Name
Kyudogi | Nisroch Jerkin
Fourth Division Brunne | Ashera Harness
Cobra Unit Coat | Shamash Robe
Iron Ram Hauberk | Dagon Breastplate
Cobra Unit Harness | Udug Jacket

Sorry if posting this is a bit of a wasted effort if you already knew this information, but I wanted to make sure the info was out there since a lot of .dat modders in my past experience don't actually play the game anymore. Just covering some ground in case anyone else out there needed it.

And one additional request of my own would be the Decennial Coat if possible. Really liking the progress btw, good stuff.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-08-27 14:36:43
Link | Citer | R

I made a twitter feed as people were asking to be more up to date. You can follow it over here;
AshenbubsHD Twitter updates

I also hit 400 unique cloners on GitHub so things are really going well!!

Thank you so much for the support. I currently don’t have updated DAT files for retail - I will eventually re-sub and download the rest as I’d love to do everything, I’m adding around 2000 files a day at the moment but I’m going in order of progression. I started AF2 and CoP armour today, so it may take a few weeks! However, please feel free to contact me and send me the dat file and folder path and I can update some :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-09-01 08:48:59
Link | Citer | R

Big ole update.

Now hit over 10,000 pieces of armor/weapons.

Upto AF2/75-Cursed armor sorted, working on CoP armor and weapons into ToAU. All main cities should have all NPCs fully updated now, including main story NPCs, children NPCs and other unique models.

[+]
 Asura.Carissmera
By Asura.Carissmera 2020-09-07 18:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Those Taru textures and eye details are gorgeous! You're doing God's work, sir.
You know, I really wish SE would give this game the same graphical attention the mod community gives it. It may not mean much to some people, and I'm by no means a graphics ***, but if one person can do this much work as a side project, a whole team could easily redo the entire game in a month or so.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-09-11 01:51:33
Link | Citer | R

Thank you so much - That kind of encouragement goes a long long way!

I’ve slowed down this week as I’ve been hooked on new video games, but I’ll be back at it to finish up ToAU armour shortly. As always, my Twitter has the most updates on new progress and additions :)

AshenbubsHD twitter
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-09-14 13:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Just pushed a 1800+ file upload to GitHub - Now sitting at nearly 12,000 file updates in total.

Twitter Updates are found here.

GitHub download with additional information here.

[+]
 Bahamut.Kaddisfly
Serveur: Bahamut
user: kaddisfly
By Bahamut.Kaddisfly 2020-09-24 17:54:14
Link | Citer | R

This looks incredible, I've been enjoying the look and style greatly.

Unfortunately, I run into crazy hitching when in places like Jeuno and Whitegate with your mods.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-09-25 07:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Thank you - But I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with zones like that! The textures I use as x4 their original size, then compressed - I play in 4k and currently don't experience too many issues, but I do feel slow-down in Whitegate and esp. Al Zahbi.

I play with Mipmapping turned off, I believe that helps a lot, and also use dgVooDoo. DrawDistance comes into play a lot also - I have shortcut keys on my keyboard to change drawdistance on the fly whenever I experience my FPS drop below 55. I don't use Amelia's HD zone mods, if you do, maybe running both may be too much in those zones, I use a few of my own unreleased HD maps, and haven't had too many issues yet, but that does make me a little hesitant to update everything~ I hope any of this manages to help you get a better experience! <3
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-09-25 07:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Another ~800 or so files added. A lot of new NPC face/hair models added to, specifically keep getting asked for these as a few people use these instead of their own face model.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Katas
user: Katas
By Ragnarok.Katas 2020-10-09 12:27:43
Link | Citer | R

Thank you very much for all of these! They look amazingly clear. Could you add the "Sacro Breastplate" from Alexander when you have time?
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2020-10-09 14:56:30
Link | Citer | R

Do you know how hard I will laugh if the 'Big thing' SE was working on was a retexture, then they see this and the HD zone mods...

SE's announcement, then the first response would be to compair it to the community projects...

SE be like
[+]
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-10-09 15:31:37
Link | Citer | R

That's a nice looking armor set~ I can't say I've seen it before!

I'm doing an update tonight, I'll include this file also - I've just added all races for you also :)

Again, the usuals~

Before:

After:
[+]
 Ragnarok.Katas
By Ragnarok.Katas 2020-10-09 17:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Holy smokes... already done?! Do you have a donation link, that's legit the best customer service I never expected as not a customer!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nightmarelord
user: BushinNmL
By Ragnarok.Nightmarelord 2020-10-09 17:26:41
Link | Citer | R

Def installing this when i can be bothered to restart :)
 Ragnarok.Kiriyak
user: Kiriyak
By Ragnarok.Kiriyak 2020-10-09 17:29:48
Link | Citer | R

@finea sent a PM
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-10-09 19:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Hahaha - I bulk prepared around 20,000 files over the last week or so, I'm at a point where I'm just replacing the files and doing minor edits! A requested armor set like that isn't too much work now that I already had the files prepped!

I've been asked about the donation thing for a while now, for now it's just a personal project though :)

Thanks Nightmare, appreciate it - Let me know what you think~

And I've replied to your PM Kiriyak! :)

That being said: GitHub is now updated with 2,000 new files tonight. Reaching 15,000 files total updated.

Links in the same places for download!
https://twitter.com/AshenbubsHD
https://github.com/Ashenbubs/AshenbubsHD

[+]
 Ragnarok.Katas
By Ragnarok.Katas 2020-10-09 23:35:44
Link | Citer | R

Amazing work! The LS and I can't wait to see what else is in this pack. Certainly looking forward to the next pack! Thanks again for your hard work!
[+]
By Draylo 2020-10-11 23:50:48
Link | Citer | R

What has changed? or are my granny glasses on
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-10-12 05:05:54
Link | Citer | R

It's hard for me to post comparisons as I overwrite my files for testing, but afraid to say it might be your granny glasses, haha~ <3

I'd recommend opening the image in a new tab and viewing at it's actual size - The pack upscales all textures and removes a lot of the noise which makes textures look blurry or dirty.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-10-12 15:22:15
Link | Citer | R

Updated another ~2000 files last night.

Now reaching over 17,000 files in total - Crazy, aha!

I'm doing things Chronologically, so I'm around the era of Voidwatch/AF3/Abbysean armor sets, weapons and monsters.

As usual, details are here:
http://twitter.com/ashenbubsHD
https://github.com/Ashenbubs/AshenbubsHD/

For a few rough ideas, here's some examples:

[+]
 Asura.Helodur
user: griffon
By Asura.Helodur 2020-10-15 06:31:19
Link | Citer | R

I've been noticied a few off things after adding your mods, namely, the AMAN npcs and the ephemeral moogles have been renamed to "NPC". Also I noticed that several of the skillchains effect seem to lack transparency (fragmentation is the first one that comes to mind), and so do the 2hr effect for monsters (the "sand cloud" effect). For how much I like the work in general, there's also a little... loss in details on some sets.

As someone else pointed already, the eyes are vastly different, but I don't mind these at all.

Overall a huge effort and step in the right direction tho!
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-10-15 16:02:03
Link | Citer | R

Ah! Thank you for bringing the NPCs to my attention!

Do you mind telling me when the last time you downloaded the files were? This is due to me having an older set of DAT files at the time and one folder was updated with data DAT files instead of texture DAT files. I thought I had since corrected this, might I may have missed one :( I'm ever so sorry!

As for the skillchains, I agree, I'm getting back to those and the 2hr effect sand-clouds shortly, someone raised this with me and I'll get right on it as soon as I'm done with this bulk armor pack :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tristonx
user: Tristonx
By Ragnarok.Tristonx 2020-10-15 19:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Helodur said: »
I've been noticied a few off things after adding your mods, namely, the AMAN npcs and the ephemeral moogles have been renamed to "NPC".

This would have to be from some other mod, as I'm standing right next to the AMAN Validator in Bastok Markets right now.

Asura.Helodur said: »
Also I noticed that several of the skillchains effect seem to lack transparency (fragmentation is the first one that comes to mind), and so do the 2hr effect for monsters (the "sand cloud" effect). For how much I like the work in general, there's also a little... loss in details on some sets.

As someone else pointed already, the eyes are vastly different, but I don't mind these at all.

Overall a huge effort and step in the right direction tho!

I do have to agree here, some of the models seem to lose a bit of detail, but overall I enjoy having the majority of them. Good work Finea and thank you!