users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » News » Site Update 2020.07.06
Site Update 2020.07.06
First Page 2 3 4
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-06 17:29:59
Link | Citer | R

The site has been updated.

• The Currencies sidebar has been renamed Rewards, and the members given some cosmetic touch ups.

• Ambsucade rewards have been added the Rewards sidebar.

• Unity rewards have been added under the Rewards sidebar.

• Asura now shows as the default server to non-logged-in users.

• Most Viewed Items will now show stack prices when appropriate, and link accordingly.

• The dat modding forum has been added, per request. Please let me know about individual topics that should be moved there.

• Multiple instances of broken forum images (the necroskull, forum section icons, and others) have been fixed.

• Several minor issues relating to Guildwork have been addressed.

• An issue with wrongly ordered timestamps in the Latest Topics listing has been addressed.

• Moderators can now post in locked topics. (This was previously Admin-only.)

• The Politics and Religion section now has a global kill switch that locks the entire section.

• The administrative tools have been enhanced.

• Multiple other bugs have been fixed.

Known issues:
  • Sales rates for rewards are still wrong.

• I misspelled "Gallantry". That was stupid.

Thanks, as always, for using the site.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-07-06 17:38:53
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
Asura now shows as the default server to non-logged-in users.
gross
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-06 17:40:46
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
gross

I knew this would be the response, and I specifically guessed it would come from you.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-06 17:42:55
Link | Citer | R

• The Politics and Religion section now has a global kill switch that locks the entire section.

Wow! The definition of having your finger on button!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-06 17:44:21
Link | Citer | R

• Most Viewed Items will now show stack prices when appropriate, and link accordingly.

I do like this feature tho, specifically for REMA upgrades. I will therefore, acknowledge your medium amount of work! Thanks Rooks!
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-06 17:44:52
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Wow! The definition of having your finger on button!

I don't have any intention* of using it, but it was cathartic to write it, and I needed a more general mechanism for something else I wanted to do and this was a good proof of concept.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-06 17:59:33
Link | Citer | R

I like this page

https://www.ffxiah.com/rewards/ambuscade

I've answered that question like... 16 or 17 times lol, and while it hasn't come up in a hot minute, it's cool that its there now.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-07-06 18:02:41
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
gross

I knew this would be the response, and I specifically guessed it would come from you.
#Bahamut4lyfe
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-06 18:48:59
Link | Citer | R

I misspelled "Gallantry". That was stupid.
Bad Rooks, bad!
By zaxtiss 2020-07-06 19:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Several minor issues relating to Guildwork have been addressed.

does that mean we can do ah points for chars that didn't have the linkshell site?
By Spoiled 2020-07-06 22:47:56
Link | Citer | R

Thank you!
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-07-06 23:07:41
Link | Citer | R

I'm overjoyed with the main page's stack link and prices getting fixed.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-07 00:57:10
Link | Citer | R

Sweet adjustments.

Now I KNOW this has been asked 100 times, but I'm just asking admins again (admins, not everyone) is there simply no way to make a site adjustment that gives server transfers a ranking on their new server?

Just asking because it's one fun thing left in an 18 year old game to check out plus, the current rankings on some servers are basically embarrassing being some of the people in the top 20 just because they didn't ever transfer are literally a disgrace to the definition of rankings.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Arcaniz
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Arcaniz
By Lakshmi.Arcaniz 2020-07-07 02:45:01
Link | Citer | R

Gracias Rooks!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-07 02:50:46
Link | Citer | R

Great Rooks, you fixed a lot of stuff.
One new feature I would love to see added to FFXIAH but I suspect it's impossible (without a whole load of major work and major stress on the website DB) is to widen up the calculation of price calculations.

Correct me if I'm wrong but currently these do not hold a special, separate space in the DB.
They are just calculated on the fly judging from the viewable history of transactions.
This number is set to 25 because, presumably, any larger than that it would mean too much space/workload on the DB, correct?

Now I wonder, is there a way to make the price calculations separate from the "latest 25 transactions listing" and make so while you still keep this limit at 25, you enable the calculations to work on the last, I dunno, 50? 100?
To be fair 25 is good enough for stuff that sells rarely, but for stuff that sells very fast 25 is nowhere near as good to know how much the price of a certain item oscillated over the last few months.

It would be good if the Price calculations could offer a more accurare insight on that, without keeping all the other unnecessary information (seller, buyer, etc)
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 09:12:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Correct me if I'm wrong but currently these do not hold a special, separate space in the DB

They do, actually. The AH parser does all that math before it inserts rows into the database. I can't change it, as I don't have access to the parser. I could add some extra math of top of it, but the bulk of the stats around an item (median, sell rate, etc) are derived at parse time and stored.

In truth, very little is actually calculated on the fly; the FFXIAH system in general relies on HEAVY use of caching and pre-calculation, to keep loading times fast for the end user.

So I'm not opposed to adding more math around it, but it'd be an entirely new block, not a tweak of something that's already there, unless you can convince Scragg to do it, or give me access to it. (I'd be hesitant to do too much with the parser, honestly; it mostly Just Works™)

Prong said: »
Now I KNOW this has been asked 100 times, but I'm just asking admins again (admins, not everyone) is there simply no way to make a site adjustment that gives server transfers a ranking on their new server?

zaxtiss said: »
does that mean we can do ah points for chars that didn't have the linkshell site?

So far the answer to this has eluded me; it works fine on my development system, even for people without LSCOM data, but something doesn't transfer to production. Now that I'm back in the groove and have fixed some of the more core functions (like main page stack links, and some under the covers stuff), the ACH system is back up to the forefront.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-07 09:19:55
Link | Citer | R

Rereading my previous post it seems like I'm whining, actually that didn't even touch my mind °-°

I just think it would be a very useful addition. The Price History section present on each item's page is semi useless imho.
For items that sell very fast (the majority of currently relevant items do, alas) you can't really get a long-time picture because those calculations are based on "last X transactions" and not "last X months".
So for a few items it will be a relatively long period of time, for the majority of them nowhere enough.

I have no clue how to achieve a "more relevant" price history section without putting further pressure on the FFXIAH servers though :x

If you think the only thing you need to achieve this is us users pressing Scragg to give you more rights, I'll be more than glad to do my part!
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 09:27:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
If you think the only thing you need to achieve this is us users pressing Scragg to give you more rights, I'll be more than glad to do my part!

Haha, noooo, I was mostly joking. Don't bug him about that. I'm perfectly happy with the access level I have. If he wants me to do more stuff, he'll give it to me himself.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 09:45:57
Link | Citer | R

Two bugs that may or may not have been brought to your attention Rooks, both in the Ambuscade section:

1) All of the "rates" are showing "Dead Slow" but I know that most of them aren't (aka HMPs sell at a "Very Fast" classification).
2) I don't know if it's intentional, but I don't think anyone sells single 1-coin dynamis currencies. Usually anyone who buys 1-coin dynamis currencies buy them in stacks. Can you add a line for each of the 1-coin currencies for stacks (aka bump the Halmarks/Gallenty by 99 for those)? Edit: Same for Alexandrites. You might also want to adjust the Gil per Hallmarks/Gallenty part to include stacks, since there is a large disconnect between stacks of 1-coin dynamis currencies and Alexs and the actual single sells.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 09:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
1) All of the "rates" are showing "Dead Slow" but I know that most of them aren't (aka HMPs sell at a "Very Fast" classification).

Known issues:

Sales rates for rewards are still wrong.

>:|

2) I don't know if it's intentional, but I don't think anyone sells single 1-coin dynamis currencies. Usually anyone who buys 1-coin dynamis currencies buy them in stacks. Can you add a line for each of the 1-coin currencies for stacks (aka bump the Halmarks/Gallenty by 99 for those)?

Sure.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 09:50:30
Link | Citer | R

Known issues:

Sales rates for rewards are still wrong.

>:|
Sorry, I didn't know that was it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 09:50:56
Link | Citer | R

Also, don't forget my edit for Alexs too.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-07 10:53:04
Link | Citer | R

Needs a dragon tracker, for overcrowded unity. And an Ambuscade sub forum.

Few other things popped into my head over last few months but I forget them, must not have been important.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 11:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
And an Ambuscade sub forum.

Easy enough.

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
dragon tracker

Out of scope of what FFXIAH does; if I did anything like that, it'd be a Guildwork thing, but the GW Plugin isn't really in a state that it can be readily modified. I have about 40% of a replacement written, to make future expansion possible, but it's not been a high priority lately.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 11:16:16
Link | Citer | R

Do what Asura does and have a guy do a Whereisdi character.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 11:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Do what Asura does and have a guy do a Whereisdi character.

I mean, the idea isn't hard; it'd basically be just like the GW shout stuff. The problem is having the pipeline to get the data from characters to the site, and that's what GW does.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 11:23:54
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't it also require that the characters themselves be linked into GW? Meaning if there isn't any characters linked to GW killing a dragon, the link wouldn't post correct?

This would hurt smaller servers the most, but not Asura since there's always 50+ people farming beads and/or DI points at any one time.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 11:28:24
Link | Citer | R

I haven't played in a while, so my question there is, what's required to track? Access to unity chat? Or physical presence in the relevant zone? I was under the impression you just needed access to unity chat (and the problem being that it overloads with people on bigger servers).

If it's just having access to chat then it's not any different than a modified version of the shout logic - which, yeah, smaller servers might have issues if not enough people have the plugin/are on unity chat, but that's always the deal with crowdsourcing. Smaller servers likely don't have as much crowding on unity chat to balance it, at least.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 11:31:00
Link | Citer | R

I haven't played in a while, so my question there is, what's required to track? Access to unity chat? Or physical presence in the relevant zone? I was under the impression you just needed access to unity chat (and the problem being that it overloads with people on bigger servers).
I don't know this for 100%, but I'm assuming that Whereisdi just uses the unity tracker.

I don't even think his character does anything other than stays near the MH by Bastok Mines. I know he has some stuff to sell for people who want to "donate" to the character, but that's it.
First Page 2 3 4