Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Gamer Snacks and Quick Fixes
Gamer Snacks and Quick Fixes
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-06-28 20:44:21
Link | Citer | R

I have a tendency to forget to eat when grinding FFXI. I tend to get light headed and remember I should eat something.

So ordered my favorite snacks from Amazon Pantry:
1) Blue Diamond Almonds, Smokehouse, 16 Ounce
2) Wickedly Prime Organic Roasted Seaweed Snacks, Korean Kalbi, 0.17 Ounce (Pack of 12)
3) Keebler, Toasteds, Crackers, Toasted Sesame, 8 oz Box
4) Keebler Sandies Cookies, Cashew Shortbread, 11.2 oz
5) Old Wisconsin Pepperoni Sausage Snack Sticks, Naturally Smoked, 28 Ounce Resealable Package
6) Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP Vegan Salted Caramel Popcorn, 6 Ounce
7) Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn Popcorn, 7 oz.
8) Pringles Potato Crisps Chips, Salt and Vinegar Flavored, 5.5 oz Can

For a quick meal, I sometimes boil eggs and mix with mayo to make an egg salad dip for the chips and crackers.

I have another order of instant noodles and snacks from AsianFoodGrocers coming in a couple of days.

When delivery services worldwide get back to normal, I'm doing an international snack exchange with European FFXI friends.

What are your goto gaming snacks and quick fixes?

PS: Not posting this in the "Well I am baked" thread because these snacks are meant to last for awhile...not less than 1 hour.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-28 21:17:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Minimuse said: »
PS: Not posting this in the "Well I am baked" thread because these snacks are meant to last for awhile...not less than 1 hour.
Don't have to be baked for that, just have a severe lack of portion control.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-28 21:53:35
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Serveur: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-28 21:57:44
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-28 22:02:09
Link | Citer | R

For a quick meal, I sometimes boil eggs and mix with mayo to make an egg salad dip for the chips and crackers.
You can gain yourself a little bit of extra time for grinding by mixing the boiled egg and mayo together in your mouth instead of preparing it beforehand. Best Foods makes a narrow nozzle squirt bottle mayo that works really well for this. You can also order the light variety if you're looking to drop some "LB"s.

Happy to help.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-28 22:16:16
Link | Citer | R

Coffee is the solution to everything. He who controls the coffee controls the world.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-06-28 23:30:24
Link | Citer | R

Cpu said: »
You can gain yourself a little bit of extra time for grinding by mixing the boiled egg and mayo together in your mouth instead of preparing it beforehand. Best Foods makes a narrow nozzle squirt bottle mayo that works really well for this. You can also order the light variety if you're looking to drop some "LB"s.

Happy to help.
"Light" foods tend to be toxic. Just eat regular food without the additives needed to make it light food still taste normal.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-29 00:22:16
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ruaumoko 2020-06-29 00:28:32
Link | Citer | R

I'm fond of Pineapple personally, not on Pizza though. I value my soul and dare not sin against the culinary gods.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-29 00:45:01
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-29 00:52:51
Link | Citer | R

Energy drinks are total garbage, I'm almost at a point where I think they should have age restrictions to buy honestly.

They have ridiculous OTT amounts of sugar in them (like 1/4 of the can is full of sugar or something), your body gets used to the caffeine and other stimulants too. Instead of drinking them to get the boost of energy, you end up needing them to get through the day and if you don't drink them you feel awful. So they change from being a random thing you drink when you need the extra energy while studying to stay awake or whatever to needing them multiple times every day to even stay awake while watching cat videos on YT. You end up becoming totally reliant on them to function normally, your body gets used to all these stimulants and that becomes the new norm.

Monster is pretty bad, but at least it's bad and fairly cheap. RedBull is bad and overpriced to go with it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-06-29 01:45:22
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Energy drinks are total garbage, I'm almost at a point where I think they should have age restrictions to buy honestly.

They have ridiculous OTT amounts of sugar in them (like 1/4 of the can is full of sugar or something), your body gets used to the caffeine and other stimulants too. Instead of drinking them to get the boost of energy, you end up needing them to get through the day and if you don't drink them you feel awful. So they change from being a random thing you drink when you need the extra energy while studying to stay awake or whatever to needing them multiple times every day to even stay awake while watching cat videos on YT. You end up becoming totally reliant on them to function normally, your body gets used to all these stimulants and that becomes the new norm.

Monster is pretty bad, but at least it's bad and fairly cheap. RedBull is bad and overpriced to go with it.
There was one really amazing tasting energy drink in the old country but when I moved to America I couldn’t get it anymore because it’s illegal here sadly.

Think it was called Rockstar: Punched Vodka, thankfully I can just buy the regular version and raspberry grey goose and make it myself.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-29 21:08:21
Link | Citer | R

If you're ever in the mood for something sweet instead of savory then you can try out this little culinary secret: Take a regular bag of oreos and empty it out onto the floor, then eat the oreos off of the floor like a fat friendless pig.

Edit: If you're looking to drop some "LB"s then try half-stuffed Oreos instead of the regular variety.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-30 09:31:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Coffee is the solution to everything. He who controls the coffee controls the world universe.
Fixed.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 09:34:03
Link | Citer | R

So, buy all the coffee in the world and hold it hostage until I'm the king of the world. Got it.

Thanks for the tip on how to rule the world Saevel/Chanti. I'll make sure to invite you for my coronation....
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-30 14:09:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So, buy all the coffee in the world and hold it hostage until I'm the king of the world. Got it.

Thanks for the tip on how to rule the world Saevel/Chanti. I'll make sure to invite you for my coronation....
As long as you are serving Jamaican Blue Mountain.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-30 15:29:50
Link | Citer | R

keys to gamer snacks in my book:

1. need to be able to eat with hands. Flatware is too much of a hassle with 2 monitors, a mouse, keyboard, controller, a bong, and mini-fridge on hand.

2. dry foods. Anything sticky or that will require immediate napkins again is gonna cost you in DPS. #priorities.

3. immediate boost. The easy answer is sugar, the better answer are things like nuts/etc that give you that quick boost, but stick with ya vs crashing. I've done the cycle of constant "re-sugaring up" while gaming and it never ends well. For me, usually with a seizure.

4. zero prep work. Again, we want something RIGHT WHEN WE THINK OF IT. How many times you been gaming, get hungry, and then start something, but the game gets you distracted and once that snack is ready, you don't want it any more? Exactly!

Oh- and some of us more "refined" stoners know how to stretch out a good "munchies" snack...I'm sure I'm not the only stoner who enjoys a good Rhone region Red and some Boursin while doing an Aeonic Clear :)
 Bahamut.Viers
user: Vires
By Bahamut.Viers 2020-06-30 15:44:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
1. need to be able to eat with hands.

Touching food and then greasing up your keyboard/mouse.

Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-30 16:16:20
Link | Citer | R

I know its shocking, mostly to our Southern gamers, but not all food is greasy.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-30 16:17:51
Link | Citer | R

I know its shocking, mostly to our Southern gamers, but not all food is greasy.

Only da good stuff is
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-30 16:20:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Viers said: »
1. need to be able to eat with hands.

Touching food and then greasing up your keyboard/mouse.

PIZZA! EVERY new laptop or keyboard I get, I say, "Ok, you will NOT eat pizza while atk!"

Never works :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Viers
user: Vires
By Bahamut.Viers 2020-06-30 17:07:54
Link | Citer | R

I just assume all food has a chance of grease and eat with utensils and wash my hands afterwards, but I also don't ever eat while grinding cause i'm a casual. Meal breaks as required :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Genoside
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2020-06-30 17:17:32
Link | Citer | R

Snack idea one,

Take a box of fruit roll ups,
Open each package,
Layer 10 in a row on top of each other,

Roll it up into a stick.

Take tiny bites, Salivate, wash down with Pepsi. ( mmm diabetes )

Snack idea two,

Take a package of starbursts, dewrap them.
Stack them and smash them together, then roll them into one big ball.
Snack slowly Wash down with sprite. ( mmm tooth decay )

Snack idea three,

Buy A&W root beer chill it and get it iced cold in the freezer.

Take about 5 cheese itz chew them just a bit then drink some Root beer let it sizzle for a minute then chew, Whole new flavor combo.

Snack idea four,

Homemade French fries with home made fry sauce.

Buy a few Baker potatoes or if you are high class buy some Yukon Golds.
Cut into long french fry lenght shoe strings.

Let sit in salt water for one hour.

Making sauce , 2 parts yellow mustard 1 part mayo, 1 part ketchup, and teaspoon of seasoning salt.

strain potatoes fry, salt and happy dipping, Wash down with a cold drink.

Snack idea Five,

Peppered Jerky Wal mart brand or Jack links, No carbs only Protein.

I have more but this is some of my guilty pleasures.
By Prong 2020-06-30 17:33:06
Link | Citer | R

Cowboy Caviar.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-30 17:35:05
Link | Citer | R

Any jerky is up there for great snack... expensive though! Smash 20 bucks before you even realize its gone.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-30 17:38:45
Link | Citer | R

pistachios are some of my favorite choices, but since I refuse to buy them pre-shelled, they're probably a bad choice for mid-raid and definitely bad for FPS games. :)
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-30 18:52:39
Link | Citer | R

I just take breaks and wander to the fridge.

Except right now my bing cherry tree is really potting out those cherries. So cherries is the go to snack this week.