RIP SPARKS!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17
 Asura.Hotworks
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2020-06-04 11:16:57
Link | Citer | R

Damn... It'll be crazy not seeing Sirtaint in Escha-Zitah for the first time in 2 and a half years.
[+]
By Meeble 2020-06-04 11:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
No ones breaking the economy by generating 50k gil NPCing a couple scrolls and junk mats after farming Emperor Arthro for 2 hours.

That's not what the numbers look like, but hey, if you want to deliberately misunderstand what I'm saying, you do you, friend.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-04 11:40:29
Link | Citer | R

Go on fam, give us more accurate numbers.
By Taint 2020-06-04 12:03:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hotworks said: »
Damn... It'll be crazy not seeing Sirtaint in Escha-Zitah for the first time in 2 and a half years.

Oh I'll be there. Not farming Sparks, thats my side hustle.

Can't imagine how many billions I've added to the economy over my 16 years of FFXI.
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Serveur: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2020-06-04 12:52:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Meeble said: »
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Accolades are going to be capped too.

Accolades will be capped at npc. You wont be able to exchange them for items, but it doesnt mean you cant use them to fight UNM. That would be silly.

It'd be silly if they didn't. UNM farming is an equally significant gil faucet; it's just less prevalent because dumping sparks is faster/easier.
I'm sure they won't cap unity fights. That would be insane. Earning gil selling drops from fighting monsters is not the same making gil out of thin air at an npc.

I'm not understanding how you think this is farming gil out of thin air? The gil comes from buying shields and npcing, its the same with UNM or anything you farm in the game and npc the only difference is the reward is bigger.

If people were duping that's creating gil out of thin air this is not the case with sparks/accolades.
 Phoenix.Jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2020-06-04 13:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »

Can't imagine how many billions I've added to the economy over my 16 years of FFXI.

So there is a better source of gil then dumping sparks/accolades?
By Jetackuu 2020-06-04 13:06:05
Link | Citer | R

I still think it's funny that people are worried about shields, yeah they're a bonus but it pales in comparison to prize powders.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-04 13:09:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jakarai said: »
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Meeble said: »
SimonSes said: »
Accolades are going to be capped too.

Accolades will be capped at npc. You wont be able to exchange them for items, but it doesnt mean you cant use them to fight UNM. That would be silly.

It'd be silly if they didn't. UNM farming is an equally significant gil faucet; it's just less prevalent because dumping sparks is faster/easier.
I'm sure they won't cap unity fights. That would be insane. Earning gil selling drops from fighting monsters is not the same making gil out of thin air at an npc.

I'm not understanding how you think this is farming gil out of thin air? The gil comes from buying shields and npcing, its the same with UNM or anything you farm in the game and npc the only difference is the reward is bigger.

If people were duping that's creating gil out of thin air this is not the case with sparks/accolades.

He's not wrong. In a sense, acheron shields/prize powders are like gil/sellable drops from the mobs back in the day. Farm something for 3 hours, then sell the stacks of random crap hides you got at an NPC. Generating gil through killing of monsters. The modern way just keeps your inventory clear until you return to town.

In regards to whether accos will be "uncapped" for battles...tough to say. I don't expect SE to be forward thinking enough to actually have an answer to it and avoid an issue that will require a patch in a few weeks. I expect a flat cap without foresight for such a things, and then SE changing the method to pop UNM mobs, either by reducing the cost so we can pop more with the new cap, or allowing us to purchase stackable "pop items" for them so we can store up multiple caps worth of pops to use in one sitting.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-04 13:10:55
Link | Citer | R

Maybe selling cleaves.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-04 13:13:45
Link | Citer | R

Watchout with this idea of using UNM as a side source of spending extra acc.

This just will result in one thing: people boting all pop places like they do with VW. The difference is that they wont need to wait VW campaign.

SE could go terribly wrong if farming over and over UNM is anything viable, and RMT arent ashamed to monopolize those spots.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-06-04 13:21:47
Link | Citer | R

some people have a hard time understanding economics it seems...

Say, you have a server with total gil of 600M and 10 kraken clubs as the only product on the market, no shellbuster, no other weapons, no armor, no crafting material, no food, nothing else.

Each kraken club in this scenario is worth 60M because any more than 60M there won't be enough money on the whole server to buy all the kraken clubs.

You put up your kraken club for auction and it sold for 60M. Total gil on the server is still 600M, even though you personally just gained 60M. Still 600M on the server for 10 clubs, so each clubs are still worth 60M, no inflation.

Now you go farm spark and accolade, you made 60M from buying shield with spark and sell shield to NPC for gil. Total gil on the server is now 660M and you have personally gained 60M. Now there are 660M gil on the server for still 10 clubs, so each clubs are now worth 66M, there is inflation.

It may feels the same to you as in both scenario, you've personally gained 60M, but to the server, only in the 2nd scenario does the money supply increase.
[+]
By Seun 2020-06-04 13:23:23
Link | Citer | R

UNM were/are already botted. It takes longer than a script selling items to a vendor, but it's certainly more overall gil depending on the materials.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-04 13:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

This just will result in one thing: people boting all pop places like they do with VW. The difference is that they wont need to wait VW campaign.

SE could go terribly wrong if farming over and over UNM is anything viable, and RMT arent ashamed to monopolize those spots.
You're probably already too late, the idea is in the wild, and you know for a fact people are already researching their next hustle. The upgrade items do have value, and with further developments to Odyssee, so there is no telling where that path may lead.
 Phoenix.Jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2020-06-04 13:33:11
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
I still think it's funny that people are worried about shields, yeah they're a bonus but it pales in comparison to prize powders.

yeah you cap accolades twice as fast and they sale for a bit more but from my understanding they are putting a cap on both.
 Phoenix.Jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2020-06-04 13:34:35
Link | Citer | R

Maybe selling cleaves.

That doesn't create gil though.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-04 13:43:01
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

yeah you cap accolades twice as fast and they sale for a bit more but from my understanding they are putting a cap on both.
That is what the post claims.
By Meeble 2020-06-04 13:44:43
Link | Citer | R

If they don't cap UNM, this is very likely.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-04 13:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Just to put it out there, farming unm is "ok" but it gets really annoying trying to sell 5000 camaheuto furs on the AH.

Sparks work because there is instant gratification. botting unm is an irritation.

and it's only ok because every 2 accolades you spend popping you get a spark back for. If sparks can't be spent it's less worthwhile.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-04 13:56:07
Link | Citer | R

Without the nerf, a bot could pretty much make it double the accolade cash by spamming lv75 UNM that reward more spark than accolade spent, aside the drops. Its just a pain to do this there but a bot dont have this problem.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-04 13:59:12
Link | Citer | R

Still waiting for Meeble to tell me how much gil is generated from farming UNM for 2 hours.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-04 14:00:05
Link | Citer | R

Just to put it out there, farming unm is "ok" but it gets really annoying trying to sell 5000 camaheuto furs on the AH.
Eventually that market will flood.

The ones that will be relatively safer should be the AF upgrades, or the Geas Fete pop items. As long as there is a steady means of depleting the supply, it should remain stable.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-04 14:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Still waiting for Meeble to tell me how much gil is generated from farming UNM for 2 hours.

If you discount sparks (because they will be capped) by dumping 100,000 accolades on largantua made about 1.5m per character. BUT I would've made 1m each by using powders and lost zero time.

That's 50 fights, about a minute each. and shards are/were worth 50k.

3 ish stacks each + junk npcables and negligible amount of PBRs
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-04 14:08:41
Link | Citer | R

If you discount sparks (because they will be capped) by dumping 100,000 accolades on largantua made about 1.5m per character. BUT I would've made 1m each by using powders and lost zero time.

That's 50 fights, about a minute each. and shards are/were worth 50k.

3 ish stacks each + junk npcables and negligible amount of PBRs
That sounds like 1.5m includes sales to the auction house. My original statement wasnt how much gil can you earn, it was how much gil is generated.

No ones breaking the economy by generating 50k gil NPCing a couple scrolls and junk mats after farming Emperor Arthro for 2 hours.

The same cant be said by generating 2 million gil after killing fodder for 3 hours (or 20 minutes on gain xp).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-04 14:11:47
Link | Citer | R

It is about 150k each generated out of thin air between gil pops (10kish) and scroll drops (10% @ 10k)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-04 14:13:26
Link | Citer | R

So 50k was low...but even at 150k doesnt change the fact that the impact on the economy from killing UNM pales in comparison to shields/poweders.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-04 14:26:33
Link | Citer | R

Who here is gonna be spamming til the update? I know would, but I have other ***to do. Only cap out once a week at most anyway. Still perturbed that this does nothing as intended, but oh well.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-04 14:27:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Who here is gonna be spamming til the update? I know would, but I have other ***to do. Only cap out once a week at most anyway. Still perturbed that this does nothing as intended, but oh well.
implying there will be more people spamming that didn't already spam before?

you're a trip man
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-04 14:27:58
Link | Citer | R

Should have a memorial wall for all the decent Gil making systems (that were put into the game for a reason to begin with) that RMT have abused into nerfhood.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17