Save The Post Office!!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » save the post office!!
save the post office!!
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-11 18:30:43
Link | Citer | R

Dem blasian bees be thicc doe
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-11 18:33:17
Link | Citer | R

Y'all are missing the true threat, bats, can't stop when you're in bat country.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-11 18:33:59
Link | Citer | R

Yes. Bees have hijacked the post office thread. Sorry 'bout that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-11 18:37:41
Link | Citer | R

I forgot how good the Wicker Man was. Is the Nic Cage version good?
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-05-11 18:43:10
Link | Citer | R

I mean bees are more interesting than people panicking about the post office shutting down when it probably won't.

Also that bee does have a cute furry face.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-11 18:44:19
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-05-11 18:46:30
Link | Citer | R

Caerda said: »
Post office is a money sink, it needs to be dismantled and privatized. Billions of dollars lost every year by them, good riddance.
lol'd at the delusion
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-05-11 19:05:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I forgot how good the Wicker Man was. Is the Nic Cage version good?

You should feel bad for that sentence.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-05-11 19:17:38
Link | Citer | R

Post office is a money sink, it needs to be dismantled and privatized. Billions of dollars lost every year by them, good riddance.

You said it, brother! People in rural Mississippi want to order something on Amazon? They can pay $140 for FedEx. They're all rich anyway.

Wait...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-11 19:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »

You said it, brother! People in rural Mississippi want to order something on Amazon? They can pay $140 for FedEx. They're all rich anyway.

Wait...
If it means my tax dollars don't go toward paying for your cheap shipping then yea by all means. The consumption in the world is too *** big anyway.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-05-11 20:04:34
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
If it means my tax dollars don't go toward paying for your cheap shipping then yea by all means. The consumption in the world is too *** big anyway.

I live in San Francisco so I'll be fine getting packages affordably, but I believe everyone should have access to affordable postage.

Regardless of the fact that a 2006 law designed to cripple the post office is mostly responsible for its losses, it still only runs about a 10% loss, which we as taxpayers should foot the bill for. Considering we don't front the other 90% I feel like that's a pretty good use of our tax dollars considering what a huge benefit it offers.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-05-11 20:06:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

I live in San Francisco so I'll be fine getting packages affordably, but I believe everyone should have access to affordable postage.

Regardless of the fact that a 2006 law designed to cripple the post office is mostly responsible for its losses, it still only runs about a 10% loss, which we as taxpayers foot the bill for. Considering we don't front the other 90% I feel like that's a pretty good use of our tax dollars considering what a huge benefit it offers.

Your logic has no power here.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-11 20:52:21
Link | Citer | R

I say we stop funding road maintenance and repair! Roads have yet to turn any profit!

Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-05-11 21:00:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I saw we stop funding road maintenance and repair! Roads have yet to turn any profit!

You forgot about toll roads. Gotcha libtard!!!!!!!!!!

(Obviously sarcasm)
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-11 21:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Dem blasian bees be thicc doe

[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-05-12 07:13:20
Link | Citer | R

The USPS is running over 106 Billion in debt and they want a bail out. I'd say no also.
The USPS is running into money problems because, like all things corrupt, the politicians have legislated it to fail so sheep like you clamor for privatization never thinking how it will negatively affect you and definitely not how it will affect others. The John Oliver bit while presented in a comedic style, is 100% true. If government cant be trusted to run things, where's the push to privatize other facets like unemployment, or tax collections, or the military? I mean if it's good to kill the post office then surely these other things would benefit too, no?
[+]
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2020-05-12 08:59:31
Link | Citer | R

The USPS is running over 106 Billion in debt and they want a bail out. I'd say no also.

The USPS was forced by Bush in 2006 to pay out billions in pensions, for the next 75 years. They have barely recovered from that. With the pandemic mail volumes have decreased tremendously.

The USPS hasn't taken a tax payers dime since 1971. As an employee, I can tell you I deliver life saving medicine daily and toilet paper. Millions of people still rely on the USPS, millions of people take comfort in still receiving letters in their mail box during this Pandemic.

I can't understand why people wouldn't want to fund a government entity that entirely services the American people. The outrage should be about the BILLIONS of dollars going to the airliner companies, that still are holding BILLIONS of dollars hostage from canceled flights. So f***ing stupid.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2020-05-12 09:03:27
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
95% of my mail is garbage advertisements. How come I cant pay for a mail service to filter it like email does

If you want to stop getting junk mail, then simply stop signing up for mail lists. What do you think happens when you go to a grocery store, and you sign up for a card for better prices? If you want to stop receiving ads, you have to contact each and every advertiser mailing you and request them to remove you from their mailing list. Stop being lazy.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-12 09:26:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sirlagieth said: »

The USPS was forced by Bush in 2006 to pay out billions in pensions, for the next 75 years. They have barely recovered from that. With the pandemic mail volumes have decreased tremendously.

The USPS hasn't taken a tax payers dime since 1971. As an employee, I can tell you I deliver life saving medicine daily and toilet paper. Millions of people still rely on the USPS, millions of people take comfort in still receiving letters in their mail box during this Pandemic.

I can't understand why people wouldn't want to fund a government entity that entirely services the American people. The outrage should be about the BILLIONS of dollars going to the airliner companies, that still are holding BILLIONS of dollars hostage from canceled flights. So f***ing stupid.

Their business model sucks, they need to charge companies like amazon more. Not keep giving them sweet deals and then asking for tax payers to help them.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-12 09:47:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They've been talking about African killer bees for years.

Guess Africa got boring cause now it's all about "Asian Murder Hornets"
Fight of the century!!!

African killer bees vs. Asian murder hornets!!!!

Coming to PPV near you soon!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-05-12 09:52:41
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
or the military
They have done a lot of this, government contractors is a huge cost of the military, and people have gotten filthy rich off it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-05-12 10:08:41
Link | Citer | R

Someone light the Kevin Costner signal.

The postman to save us all
[+]
By sudsi 2020-05-12 10:17:19
Link | Citer | R

If you want to stop getting junk mail, then simply stop signing up for mail lists.

Also...
*Don't have a mortgage
*Don't own a car
*Don't have children
*Don't be alumni of a univeristy
*Don't even think about joining a professional association
*Etc., etc., etc.
[+]
By volkom 2020-05-12 10:54:43
Link | Citer | R

sudsi said: »
If you want to stop getting junk mail, then simply stop signing up for mail lists.

Also...
*Don't have a mortgage
*Don't own a car
*Don't have children
*Don't be alumni of a univeristy
*Don't even think about joining a professional association
*Etc., etc., etc.
This so much. I moved into a new house a few years ago and was immediately bombarded with junk ads for internet, bed & bath beyond coupons, home depot coupons, insurance offerings and other stuff. My electric company sends me a monthly magazine. And all the utility companies send me paper bill notifications even when I opted for paperless. It's just an obscene amount of waste just for one house to get. Now multiply that for every homeowner. Save some trees, dont bail the usps
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2020-05-12 12:18:42
Link | Citer | R

They were profitable on their own for decades/centuries. Their profits were often leeched off of into other places because of that.
Let's see how much of a profit you can turn when you suddenly get mandated at the stroke of midnight on christmas to have the full retirement fund for every employee for the next 50+ years on hand IMMEDIATELY while at the same time you get banned from increasing any of your prices.
Any attempt to fix this issue is cockblocked by Moscow "I'm proud of not doing my job" Mitch.
The fact that they've survived this long under such conditions is a miracle.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ayasha
user: Ayasha
By Bahamut.Ayasha 2020-05-12 14:37:26
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious to see the profitability data sources you are using. Any sources I find have shown the USPS to have operated in a massive deficit over the past half century (at least) with only a few years showing meager profits.

FY 2016 Report, USPS
USPS financial reports, bea.gov, opens an Excel spreadsheet
[+]