Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide
Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-30 12:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, that's an interesting approach with the DEF on cape and Purity ring.
Any particular reason why you picked Gelatinous+1 over Moonlight?

Also which grip do you use in all three sets?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-30 14:12:40
Link | Citer | R

Refined Grip +1
Purity ring was really I just didn't know what else to use.

Gelatinous +1 is more HP and Defense I guess.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-30 14:35:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
Refined Grip +1
Purity ring was really I just didn't know what else to use.
It's actually a very cool idea, didn't think of it.

Quote:
Gelatinous +1 is more HP and Defense I guess.
Yeah but less sexyness! And MDT+, granted that the MDT+ is compensated by the MDT- on Odnowa so it's really not a big deal for you.

You're having an excess of DT with your setups, like 8% more DT than necessary, but I'm running into similar issues because of lack of better options to put in place of those with DT...
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-30 16:56:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
You're having an excess of DT with your setups, like 8% more DT than necessary, but I'm running into similar issues because of lack of better options to put in place of those with DT...

If you are going to lose HP swapping to enmity/FC/sird anywas can roll with Vengeful ring.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-30 17:47:54
Link | Citer | R

I try to keep my HP in line in all my sets, it never goes under 2900, if I recall.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-31 18:04:15
Link | Citer | R

Which spells are people using nowadays for /BLU on RUN?

I have the following spell list
Is Sheep Song really "just" 5 yalms? Always thought it had a bigger range than Geist Wall...

Regardless, pretty standard setup, With Wild Carrot being a decent C3+ self heal with curepot gear or to wake up your healer or to tag a person in your party with hate or stuff like that.

Was wondering if there are some better combinations I missed, I doubt it, think there was no other useful BLU job traits from subjob, other than Killer ones.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-03-31 18:30:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Which spells are people using nowadays for /BLU on RUN?

I have the following spell list
Is Sheep Song really "just" 5 yalms? Always thought it had a bigger range than Geist Wall...

Regardless, pretty standard setup, With Wild Carrot being a decent C3+ self heal with curepot gear or to wake up your healer or to tag a person in your party with hate or stuff like that.

Was wondering if there are some better combinations I missed, I doubt it, think there was no other useful BLU job traits from subjob, other than Killer ones.

I've been using this for PLD and RUN:
Claw Cyclone
Healing Breeze
Refueling

Cocoon
Sheep Song
Wild Carrot
Blank Gaze
Soporific
Geist Wall
Jettatura

Italics are ones I rarely cast, if ever.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
By gargurty 2021-05-02 08:30:48
Link | Citer | R

just curious but is it worth getting the su5 morgelai for run and if so what path would it be? It'll prob be a dd option but also curious about the path c augs viva. pulse +30 and regen pot recieved +25
By Crossbones 2021-05-02 12:15:35
Link | Citer | R

The only reason to make that is for path c. SU5 is an inferior dps option to both LH and epeo (98% of the time you use epeo for dps anyway).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-02 13:20:51
Link | Citer | R

My personal view on the weapon

All Paths:
Highest base damage GSWD in game, gives a nice boost to HP and MP.

Path A:
It's like a mini-empyrean weapon that doesn't require to activate an Aftermath; RUN doesn't get access to empyrean normally. It's interesting but I wouldn't really call it "worth it". I doubt it can beat the Reso spam from an R15 Lionheart anyway.
So basically it would be useful only in niche fights where for whatever reason you want to boost RUN's white damage (but in such a scenario, why even bring RUN to begin with?)

Path B:
It's a mini-mythic weapon that doesn't require to activate an Aftermath. But why bother when you have Epeolatry out there?
This has the additional pro of Subtle Blow II, but if you're concerned about TP then you can simply not engage and let the DDs engage instead?

Path C:
If you don't care about holding your TP, then Morgelai C could be useful as a macro swap for when you're receiving Regen cast upon you, or when you're using Vivacious Pulse.
Sounds like an extremely niche and barely useful item, especially for 70+m, but then again the value of money is highly subjective after all.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-03 09:17:22
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much a "I have nothing left to purchase." item.

Path C only needs to be macro'd in for Vivacious Pulse and Regen potency bonuses.
By gargurty 2021-05-03 12:19:20
Link | Citer | R

ty for all the info. Dont think ill buy it then tbh.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-05-11 01:13:38
Link | Citer | R

is there an up to date spreadsheet or has anyone done the math on updated Dimidiation Set for normal/dt with nyame?
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-05-18 10:47:22
Link | Citer | R

For Dimidiation I'm pretty sure it's 5/5 Nyame unless you have some pretty crazy DM augs. I have two 8% WSD pieces plus Meg Gloves that I'm using until I rank up my Nyame more, but otherwise full Nyame.

I'm more curious about what people have done with their DT sets. I ended up going 4/5 Nyame with Runeist's Coat just due to the really high stat vomit, particularly magic evasion. The rest of the set looks like this:
ItemSet 348167
I dropped the DT from my Ogma's Cape and swapped it to magic evasion as well, so it has +45 meva now.

I'm debating also swapping Tuisto for Eabani because my HP is already like 300 higher than my fast cast set. However, I feel like the Def/VIT has a bigger impact on more recent content like Odyssey where enemies seem to have very high attack. So I'm inclined to keep Tuisto just for the Def/VIT. Curious what other peoples' thoughts are.

I could also drop the D.Ring for another Moonlight if I change Yamarang to Staunch+1 but I'm not sure I want to do that either.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-05-18 10:47:37
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dade said: »
is there an up to date spreadsheet or has anyone done the math on updated Dimidiation Set for normal/dt with nyame?

Bump because I'm curious too. Nyame definitely lacks in the DEX department but the acc,atk, wsd, da, and defensive values of it has me thinking to put it everywhere but the hands slot for my Dimidiation set. Currently using Lilitu head but will replace w/ Nyame when I rank it up some more.

ItemSet 379873

@Pergatory for turtle set, I've been using the same but Gelatinous ring +1 augmented for more HP and Moonlight cape/Flume belt just because I'm too lazy to get another waist piece.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-05-18 10:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Kinda depends what the goal is, I don't have one DT set for any job. To keep things simple this is often what I use when engaged on RUN.
Code
sets.engaged.TankP={ammo="Yamarang",
   head="Nyame Helm",
    body="Nyame Mail",
    hands="Turms Mittens +1",
    legs="Nyame Flanchard",
    feet="Turms Leggings +1",
    neck="Futhark Torque +2",
    waist="Engraved Belt",
    ear1="Cryptic Earring",
    ear2={ name="Odnowa Earring +1", priority=1},
    left_ring="Defending ring",
    right_ring={ name="Gelatinous Ring +1", priority=1},
    back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Parrying rate+5%',}}}

Edit:For Dimidiation using 5/5 personally, Nyame should win depending on attack cap or not. Legs having no DEX kinda suck but not sure what else to use
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-05-18 10:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Yeah the set I mentioned was a turtle meva set, for phys turtle set I'm using this, blank spots are Nyame again:

ItemSet 379874

I like HP+..
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-05-18 11:02:17
Link | Citer | R

For MEVA(Not engaged)
Code
sets.defense.MEVA = { ammo="Yamarang",
    head="Nyame Helm",
    body="Nyame Mail",
    hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
    legs="Nyame Flanchard",
    feet="Nyame Sollerets",
    neck={ name="Futhark Torque +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist="Engraved Belt",
    left_ear="Eabani Earring",
    right_ear="Flashward Earring",
    left_ring="Purity Ring",
    right_ring="Defending Ring",
    back={ name="Ogma's Cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Mag. Evasion+15',}},
}
	 	sets.defense.LightMEVA = set_combine(sets.defense.MEVA, {ear1="Arete del Luna +1",ear2="Arete del Luna"})
[+]
 Asura.Cassiani
user: CodCart
By Asura.Cassiani 2021-05-20 12:57:35
Link | Citer | R

Is there a good cheat-sheet / quick reference sheet for what runes / bar spells to use on what fights, and which fights you want to use a resist / meva / parry set on?

Obviously real research will beat out a quick reference sheet, but my memory is crap and it gets tiring looking up each fight each time. An easy place to Ctrl+F for a boss / fight name would be great
 Bahamut.Aldy
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aldy
By Bahamut.Aldy 2021-05-20 13:16:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cassiani said: »
Is there a good cheat-sheet / quick reference sheet for what runes / bar spells to use on what fights, and which fights you want to use a resist / meva / parry set on?

Obviously real research will beat out a quick reference sheet, but my memory is crap and it gets tiring looking up each fight each time. An easy place to Ctrl+F for a boss / fight name would be great

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Rune_Fencer_End-Game_Tank_Guide covers a wide number of NM fights with plenty of notes on the tougher fights.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-05-20 14:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
Edit:For Dimidiation using 5/5 personally, Nyame should win depending on attack cap or not. Legs having no DEX kinda suck but not sure what else to use

yeah for serious content/tanking dim 5/5 makes sense. Was more wondering for content don't need to respect/troll the healer. maybe lustr legs/feet or just legs?
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-05-20 14:52:57
Link | Citer | R

What is the current dps tp and reso dim set? Without respect to tanking pure suicide dps.
 Asura.Cassiani
user: CodCart
By Asura.Cassiani 2021-05-20 17:43:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aldy said: »
Asura.Cassiani said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Rune_Fencer_End-Game_Tank_Guide covers a wide number of NM fights with plenty of notes on the tougher fights.

Awesome, thanks! Picking RUN back up after not playing it for a while. Did we get much good out of odyssey?

Edit: Another quick question, for Phalanx+ gear such as the Relic Head, does it need to stay equipped for the effect to remain, or does it only need to be equipped when Phalanx is cast on you?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-05-20 19:20:16
Link | Citer | R

When phalanx is cast on you.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2021-05-20 19:35:51
Link | Citer | R

Oddy gave us the best defensive pieces with nayame set, WS pieces with path b augs for savageblade/dimidation with bunch of SC damage on top as well gonna make self light SCs alot nicer. Angwu set is a bunch of amazing lunge and swipe set for MBing if you do that. New ilvl SIR head to.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-20 22:16:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
What is the current dps tp and reso dim set? Without respect to tanking pure suicide dps.

Just go DRK...
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-05-20 22:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Just go DRK...

I wanna use Lionheart sometimes...
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-20 23:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Just go DRK...

That's what lockstyle is for *wink, wink*
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-05-20 23:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Just go DRK...

That's what lockstyle is for *wink, wink*

Regardless is there a better TP set than adhemar and Samnuha Tights?
How current are these TP sets?
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2021-05-21 00:10:38
Link | Citer | R

Pretty current still
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15