NANI!?
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-04 08:39:56
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
most jobs don't have the tools to pull off one of the many RDM solos posted in this thread. beeing a bit slower than a 18 man alliance is hardly a good argument to confirm RDM is not overpowered.

Well then on the assumption RDM is Overpowered, how can it be fixed without butchering/deleting the job? Because all it's doing is utilizing it's toolkit. In all/most of these solos, RDM is utilizing good placement of Gravity and Bind, Fastcast and Shadows, Slow/Para and Distract/Frazzle. Like I said in a prior post, if an NM falls into certain parameters, RDM will eat it. So the only way I can think to stop RDM from soloing is to start... Removing.. Spells from RDM? O.o; Either that or make certain NMs completely immune to a lot of RDM's spells? I mean what's the fix here? lol
By Draylo 2020-06-04 09:14:13
Link | Citer | R

In my opinion. Update other jobs and create new challenging content. Then reacess if its in need of adjustments. Sadly SE is so slow on meaningful content.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-04 13:15:39
Link | Citer | R

buffs for all the other jobs are a lot more work than a nerf on a single one and we just had a round of buffs just recently for most jobs. new content is even more work so its pretty safe to assume neither is going to happen.

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Either that or make certain NMs completely immune to a lot of RDM's spells? I mean what's the fix here? lol
you could look back and figure what held RDM in check befor the updates and dial it back a notch. if you look how SE handled it in the recent past (GEO, SMN) then resistance or immunities are a option, too. leaving it out of several gear updates for multiple years is also a option although not a good one cause it doesn#t change the current situation and is unfair towards anyone who mained RDM befor the changes.

he has a lot of strengths and access to a lot of tools and the only trade off a RDM ever has to make is to decide wether he wants to reduce the targets attack or defence (bio or dia). there should be a trade off to all his pros.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-04 14:48:14
Link | Citer | R

One of the main reasons rarely anyone ever even used RDM at all was because the Magic Accuracy requirements were too strict. Even now, no RDM is gonna land much of anything without top-level gear so it might plunge it right back into needing GEO, ES or Stymie as crutches making it too taxing/time consuming on the buff pool to even bother unless absolutely necessary. You’d be undoing one of the Updates that allowed RDM to be genuinely useful to groups again In the first place.

RDM should be able to enfeeble without hindrance, that’s literally its job so taking a step backwards is a bad move imo. If the objection is against it soloing, I just don’t know what to tell people. RDM is gonna do what a RDM will do without breaking the job, there’s no way to change it.
By Shichishito 2020-06-04 15:43:32
Link | Citer | R

RDM is gonna do what a RDM will do without breaking the job, there’s no way to change it.
that statement is only valid if your defenition of a intact RDM is a OP one.
i agree RDM should be able to land its debuffs but if he should also be able to do so reliably solo vs the most difficult content without real player or even trust support is questionable.
you don't necessarily have to dial it back down to where it was befor, just acknowledge they over shot and adjust it.

RDM has a multitude of strengths right now so there are many screws you can fine tune to get the job back in a balanced position. maybe its macc, maybe its en spell damage, maybe acc, buff/debuff duration or maybe to force them make trade offs like other jobs have to.
for instance you could let frazzle II and distract II share the same debuff slot like bio and dia does.

maybe we should ask RDMs mains what they think would be a fair approach but unfortunately it seems they are too busy riding the bandwagon.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-04 16:37:30
Link | Citer | R

that statement is only valid if your defenition of a intact RDM is a OP one.

No. This is how RDM has always been. Ever since RoZ RDM has had the exact same toolkit and has solo'd in the exact same ways as back then. The only differences now are better gear, Distract/Frazzle, 2x Dispel, Tempers and an Enspell Sword. So trying to call this "OP" is ludicrous this late in the game.

i agree RDM should be able to land its debuffs but if he should also be able to do so reliably solo vs the most difficult content without real player or even trust support is questionable.

No. I will remind you that MAcc is a hard-check; you either land the spell or it's shot. There is no in between. And as any upcoming RDM will tell you, you can't land anything other than Dia/Bio and probably Dispel/Stun without Top-Notch gear. So pulling that away even a little will make it mandatory to pair RDM with a GEO using Focus. The entire point of RDM is to allow it to do it's job so the other members can do theirs more effectively, not the other way around. Distract Aids the Melee, Frazzle aids the mages, it helps everyone.

Mrgrim said: »
Of course rdm can solo certain wave 2 bosses, but damn you guys have to realize that rdm can't get to wave 2 boss solo. They need some support to clear statues to get there, so they are not these GodAlMightyOmfgWtfBBQISoloEverythingKillingMachines. Also I been assisting Hiep's wave 2 boss solo challenges, and damn it is painfully slow seeing those w2 bosses get whittled down.

Yes it can solo but so what? Like Mrgrim just said, it's not invincible, it takes forever and it takes trial/error and a lot of luck. There were multiple times in Mischief's solo there where he could very easily have gotten decked when Hundred Fists popped but was saved by a Para proc to buy him enough time to bind and get away; that's LUCK.

RDM has a multitude of strengths right now so there are many screws you can fine tune to get the job back in a balanced position. maybe its macc, maybe its en spell damage, maybe acc, buff/debuff duration or maybe to force them make trade offs like other jobs have to.
for instance you could let frazzle II and distract II share the same debuff slot like bio and dia does.

MAcc? No, already talked about that.
Enspell Damage? Sure I guess, that's not really helping or hurting except it messes with the people that like to do Odin. Also it's a kill-joy? It is a video game after all, the fun-element is still a thing.
Acc? It's already low and just made up for with Distract so you'd have to return Distract to pre-buff but there's penalties: Distract being good allows a lot more inclusion to DPS contribution for other "Oddball" jobs or undergeared players that just need a little extra umph to contribute. It also helps keep the DDs from using pure-acc sets as a crutch so hurting this hurts the group.
Buff/Debuff duration? Sure but why? This is one area of progression that's good across the board. As has been stated before, more jobs need more buff duration as a whole just for simple QoL. Besides, It's only the buffs that last 15 minutes, Debuffs only last about 3 minutes or so, so hurting this hurts the group again especially when you need to do multiple casts to get an important debuff back onto the mob.
Making Frazzle/Distract share the same slot? You can? but it's hurting the group for not benefiting from both.

I'm just not seeing any way to "Fix" RDM the way you seem to desire without throwing it back into Obscurity again. It's biting your nose to spite your face, I don't get it.
By Draylo 2020-06-04 16:40:35
Link | Citer | R

If they were to do an adjustment it would have to be to Corcea Mors and Daybreak. They must not have put the two together in their heads when they put RDM on it.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-04 16:48:13
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
If they were to do an adjustment it would have to be to Corcea Mors and Daybreak. They must not have put the two together in their heads when they put RDM on it.

This I can agree with. They might not have predicted how powerful Daybreak would be (I never would have imagined Seraph Blade peaking anything more than 30k before Daybreak) and They definitely went overboard imho with Crocea. Don't get me wrong, Crocea is very fun to use and genuine FUN is something sorely missed on this game so I would hate for it to be taken away... But Crocea's boons really should have been Added to Murgleis or something. It's almost pointless to make RDM's Mythic now except for the completionists.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-04 16:55:39
Link | Citer | R

Isn't it still the best MACC option?
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-04 17:26:25
Link | Citer | R

Isn't it still the best MACC option?
Murgleis is ahead a little by 20.. at R15.. You can get even more with AM1 if desired but Crocea is an AH item vs an Entire Maxed out Mythic
By Shichishito 2020-06-04 18:41:29
Link | Citer | R

No, because RDMs want to have their favorite thing and it hurts the party.
all nerfs are a fun dampener for the jobs nerfed and all of them "hurt the party" but it never stopped SE from nerfing a job. you got to give me some more to work with here.

regarding frazzle/distract sharing slots: RDM would open with frazzle so everyone has a easy time applying their debuffs, the way it already should be. if the strategy requires melee/ranged they'd finish with distract, rinse repeat once debuffs wore. it would bind a tiny bit of RDMs time on extra casting that they couldn't spend anymore doing other stuff. that change alone would no where near fix RDMs balance issues and was only a example for thinking out of the box.

if you think that would be to harsh of a nerf you should never even look at BLU as they are forced to devote a lot more time casting/recasting due to macc isssues and short durations of buffs and debuffs.

also confusing: on one side you argument MACC makes or breaks the job but then you complain that the weapon that most benefits the jobs core strength is one that requires time and effort.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-07 07:51:37
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

oh yeah, additional damage effects should also feed tp even if the physical part of a hit deals 0 damage.
By Shichishito 2020-06-08 08:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Omen final boss Ou, RDM solo with trusts.

guess RDM can't be OP if he has to resort to trusts.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-08 09:14:37
Link | Citer | R

oh yeah, additional damage effects should also feed tp even if the physical part of a hit deals 0 damage.

Yeah that seems unintended, especially since a long time ago SE nerfed getting skill ups from 0 dmg. Maybe they arent aware people are doing this, it makes Odin a joke.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-08 14:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Yeah that seems unintended, especially since a long time ago SE nerfed getting skill ups from 0 dmg. Maybe they arent aware people are doing this, it makes Odin a joke.

I believe it was intentional actually. I could have sworn one of the earliest RoZ updates changed it so Enspells wouldn't feed TP to monsters. I distinctly remember being asked NOT to use Enspells back in the day because of TP Feed(they were trash back then anyway so w/e) so SE changed it so players wouldn't be afraid to use them? Is there a way to look up super old updates? PoL page's oldest note stops at 2006, the inclusion of Lumoria zone in the later stages of CoP.

Either way, Enspell gimping was used to kill Cactrot Rapido and I think other big NMs so they've known about this forever and never cared to change it.
By Shichishito 2020-06-08 15:01:14
Link | Citer | R

i'm pretty sure it was ment to prevent double feeding tp per hit. it shouldn't double feed if both physical and additonal effect of a attack round deal damage. however the additional effect should feed tp if the physical part of the attack round hits for 0.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-08 15:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Crazy idea. Instead, remove tp feed.

Don't nerf one job. Buff all jobs.
By Shichishito 2020-06-08 15:19:46
Link | Citer | R

i don't know how mobs tp gain is distributed between receiving and dealing hits but it could mean further balance issues with jobs that have access to subtle blows.