Already updated here.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 07:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Despite this, I'm still going to see people adamantly claim things about this job trait that aren't true, speculation, or...

brb. It's full moon darksday so I have to place my Millionaire's Desk in my moghouse and face northwest after eating a Lucky Egg while making sure I get the killshot on the monster with a 4 Leaf Mandragora bud in my inventory.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-03-10 08:37:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Despite this, I'm still going to see people adamantly claim things about this job trait that aren't true, speculation, or...

brb. It's full moon darksday so I have to place my Millionaire's Desk in my moghouse and face northwest after eating a Lucky Egg while making sure I get the killshot on the monster with a 4 Leaf Mandragora bud in my inventory.

Nice to see some legends never die.....
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-10 08:39:24
Link | Citer | R

I would also keep in mind that for replacement drops, this is likely the droprate of the slot not the item. While d.ring/pixie is an obvious example, everything in escha uses replacement drops. Tartarus mail is a replacement drop. Omen bodies are a replacement drop. Most actually rare drops we care about nowadays are.

So, instead of getting 10x the droprate on a super rare, or 15x on an ultra rare, we're just getting a little better chance on a very common or common slot appearing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-10 08:40:05
Link | Citer | R

I'm flabberghasted. They actually quantified the increase percentage each treasure hunter tier has on drop rates. Never in a million years did I think they'd be willing to release that info. We've asked that same question for what... fifteen years now and they couldn't give us a straight answer. Old game is old I know but still, it's about freakin TIME.

In addition to the image on the wiki you should also add the table that lists specific drop percentage values for each rarity level at each treasure hunter tier.

TH Level Very Common Common UnCommon Rare Very Rare Super Rare Ultra Rare
0 24.00% 15.00% 10.00% 5.00% 1.00% 0.50% 0.10%
1 48.00% 30.00% 12.00% 6.00% 1.50% 0.75% 0.20%
2 56.00% 40.00% 15.00% 7.00% 2.00% 1.00% 0.30%
3 60.00% 42.50% 16.50% 7.50% 2.25% 1.20% 0.35%
4 64.00% 45.00% 18.00% 8.00% 2.50% 1.40% 0.40%
5 66.66% 47.50% 19.00% 8.50% 3.00% 1.60% 0.45%
6 68.00% 50.00% 20.00% 9.00% 3.50% 1.80% 0.50%
7 69.00% 52.50% 21.00% 9.50% 4.00% 2.00% 0.60%
8 70.50% 55.00% 22.50% 10.50% 4.75% 2.30% 0.70%
9 72.00% 57.50% 24.00% 11.50% 5.50% 2.60% 0.80%
10 73.50% 60.00% 26.50% 12.50% 6.50% 3.00% 0.90%
11 74.00% 62.50% 28.00% 13.50% 7.50% 3.50% 1.00%
12 76.00% 65.00% 29.50% 15.50% 8.25% 4.00% 1.15%
13 78.00% 67.50% 31.00% 17.50% 9.00% 4.50% 1.30%
14 80.00% 70.00% 32.50% 20.00% 10.00% 5.00% 1.50%

FFXIah won't format the labels to the colums correctly unless I put it in a table and I'm not going to bother with all that editing just for the purpose of this post. The actual table is already here for reference so there's no need.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56550
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-03-10 08:46:50
Link | Citer | R

It bugs me that there is no clear uniformity here...

Why do Very Common, Common, and Ultra Rare give a 100% increase on the first level of TH, but Uncommon/Rare only get a 2% increase, and Very Rare/Super Rare get a 50% increase...

These numbers make no sense outside of they literally hardcoded the bonus for each level on each drop type.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-10 08:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Posting this separate from above to keep things sorta clean. Based off the table it appears that all drop increases from rarity level "Rare" and beyond scale nearly linear increases from the treasure hunter 8 to the 14 level,and TH 14 is essentially double the drop rate percentage of TH 8 for all the tiers people actually care about, IE Rare and beyond (with minor fractional differences). The scaling between the TH 8 anchor mark and the TH 14 mark is pretty damn linear in all the rarer tiers too. Proccing TH is pretty potent. More so than we may have given it credit for.

Quote:
Why do Very Common, Common, and Ultra Rare give a 100% increase on the first level of TH, but Uncommon/Rare only get a 2% increase, and Very Rare/Super Rare get a 50% increase...

These numbers make no sense outside of they literally hardcoded the bonus for each level on each drop type.

The line graph is just a visual depiction of the data in the table. They created a drop scheme based around logarithmic increases, which is common practice in a lot of their mathematical equations.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-10 08:47:42
Link | Citer | R

That's exactly what they did.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-10 08:57:08
Link | Citer | R

By the way

Very common tier

No treasure hunter - drop rate 24%

Treasure hunter 2 -- 56% drop rate

Treasure hunter 3 and 4 -- 60 and 64% respectively

There's our tremor ram in a nutshell. That's the argument people always used when they said that that "TH 2 job trait is far more potent than the armlet or thief knife gear upgrades" ever since back in the level 75 cap era. Turns out the trait and gear bonuses work identically, it's just the drop scheme is skewed based off what the base percentage is and how much each potency increase is diminished for each successive rarity tier. TH 2 is a whopping 32% drop rate increase on very common items, 25% on common items, but diminishes rapidly to a mere 2% increase on rare stuff.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 08:57:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
That's exactly what they did.

I read that as a "that's what she said".

[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2020-03-10 09:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Now we just need a table for TH proc rate vs TH level and TH equiped and there will be no more mysteries or useless discussions
 Shiva.Dayone
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-03-10 10:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I would also keep in mind that for replacement drops, this is likely the droprate of the slot not the item. While d.ring/pixie is an obvious example, everything in escha uses replacement drops. Tartarus mail is a replacement drop. Omen bodies are a replacement drop. Most actually rare drops we care about nowadays are.

So, instead of getting 10x the droprate on a super rare, or 15x on an ultra rare, we're just getting a little better chance on a very common or common slot appearing.

You’re adding a level of complexity here that may be incorrect given the released table.

Do we still prescribe to the slot idea?

If so, does an open slot allow for an equal random between items in that slot or is that also impacted by rarity tiers and TH (per above table)?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-03-10 10:22:14
Link | Citer | R

No we need to go through, and update EVERY item, to list its official rarity, from Very Common to Ultra Rare
[+]
By Foxfire 2020-03-10 10:22:16
Link | Citer | R

Things like dring are exceptions, and likely have their own percentages vs their lesser companion (e.g. 95/5 pixie/dring), since it's been said they're unaffected by TH

I don't think this affects the chance of "slots" so much as the individual rarity of the item in said slot - there's also the undisclosed chance of "no drop", which I'm sure is also weighted
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-10 10:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Dayone said: »
You’re adding a level of complexity here that may be incorrect given the released table.

You don't have to prescribe to it, it exists. Plouton drops 1 piece of gear with a chance at a second. Omen drops one scale and a chance at a second slot with a piece of gear or a second scale. Body dropping means the other items don't, in all the time these events have existed nobody has recorded a pool with more than 2 items. This rules out entirely independant drops each with their own droprate, as stacked pools would have been seen by now.

In escha, TH very clearly increases the chance the second slot(third on WoC and kirin) will load. But, we don't have any data on how the item in each slot is decided or if TH even has an impact on it.

My biggest takeaway here is that piling TH is going to be incredibly helpful for Volte armor farming, I can't think of much else that isn't a shared drop slot.
 Shiva.Dayone
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-03-10 10:44:39
Link | Citer | R

You don't have to prescribe to it, it exists. Plouton drops 1 piece of gear with a chance at a second. Omen drops one scale and a chance at a second slot with a piece of gear or a second scale. Body dropping means the other items don't, in all the time these events have existed nobody has recorded a pool with more than 2 items. This rules out entirely independant drops each with their own droprate, as stacked pools would have been seen by now.

In escha, TH very clearly increases the chance the second slot(third on WoC and kirin) will load. But, we don't have any data on how the item in each slot is decided or if TH even has an impact on it.

My biggest takeaway here is that piling TH is going to be incredibly helpful for Volte armor farming, I can't think of much else that isn't a shared drop slot.

So then based on the full quote:

If so, does an open slot allow for an equal random between items in that slot or is that also impacted by rarity tiers and TH (per above table)?

What you’re saying is that the new data is translated into slot chance but where items opened up may either be specifically designated (D.ring, etc.) or may/may not be effected by the probability data based on tiers?

What would be a good test for this?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-10 10:53:36
Link | Citer | R

Let me summarize:

Some items share a slot, meaning only one of them can drop in that slot. Some examples of this:
-Dring(~5%) & Pixie(~95%)
-Any escha drop(roughly equal probability for lower tiers, two slots, one of which is 100% and one of which is likely effected by TH).
-Omen gear(non-100% slot, if slot loads it is shared between the gear from the boss and scale)
-HTBC drops(for example, VD in old bcs has a 100% slot and likely a 'very common' slot, while D in old bcs has a 100% slot and likely a 'common' slot)

Most items do not share a slot. Likely coded as 100% one item.

My theory is that the droprates are per slot, so for shared items your TH increases the probability of the slot occuring but does not change the distribution within the slot.

This would be quite difficult to test, as most of these cases are very low droprates to begin with. However, we obviously cannot increase a droprate over 100%, so if TH were to effect distribution within these shared slots it would have to be coded in a different manner than the flat chart they gave for them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-10 10:58:02
Link | Citer | R

There's nothing to test. We've known for ages that mob tables come with drop slots, and in each of those slots is an item pool. King behemoth is the easiest example because the defending ring/pixie earring slot has a 100% load rate. Provided you have neither earring nor ring, it always loads one or the other. The weighted probability of getting the earring over the ring is unaffected by treasure hunter. Treasure hunter affects quantity, not quality. We've been saying this for ages.

Quote:

Yes. S-E themselves said that's how it works. Have you read anything in the lillith BCNM fight thread, where s-e states that "Killing spitewardens unlocks the ability for an additional drop slot to load"??? Nothing they said in that interview contradicts our current understanding of the treasure hunter model. All it did was quantify base drop rates according to an item's rarity level, and the potency of treasure hunter values for each level and rarity.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-10 10:59:41
Link | Citer | R

While your explanation is the same thing I said in my earlier post, and is almost certainly correct, we do not actually have data to prove or contradict TH's ability to influence the rare drops within those pools.

It is common sense, but that is not the same thing as having evidence to support it. Unfortunately, it does mean those nice looking droprate #s are not actually helpful when targeting many of today's most desirable drops due to the shared slot model.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-10 11:18:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm 99% sure that the 2nd Omen slot is also 100%. I've never seen it not drop unless everyone in the group had one of the rare tagged items it can drop.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-10 11:18:36
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
It is common sense, but that is not the same thing as having evidence to support it. Unfortunately, it does mean those nice looking droprate #s are not actually helpful when targeting many of today's most desirable drops due to the shared slot model.

Fair enough. I agree with all your points.

Honestly I think treasure hunter's most applicable use in today's era is farming large quantities of trash mobs with desirable money drops. Stalwart crystals on wave 3 and omen mobs come to mind, and now the newly added scales from odyssey. Based off our experiences with omen farming it's pretty much nailed down that astral crystals off omen trash mobs fall under the "Very rare" category, so you get a base of 1% with no treasure hunter. That means treasure hunter 4 ups the drop rate to 2.5%, and TH 8 ups it to 4.75%. Understanding these values is at least somewhat useful for farming crystals and similar things (alexandrites from gears etc).

The applications for volte farming are significant though. The table makes it pretty clear that getting TH up to level 12 or higher could have a significant impact on overall volte drop rate. If your group is willing to coordinate an effort to get TH up to at least 12 on wave 2 bosses it looks like it'll definately pay off over time versus just the standard 8 or 9 you usually get in the typical zerg. Volte is probably in the super rare category, and the difference is around a full percentage point. That may not seem like much, but that's roughly an extra piece every dozen or so runs average. That'll add up over time.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-10 11:21:49
Link | Citer | R

While your explanation is the same thing I said in my earlier post, and is almost certainly correct, we do not actually have data to prove or contradict TH's ability to influence the rare drops within those pools.
Are you unwilling to associate KB's situation (where SE has stated that TH does not affect it) to other similar situstions, like Lilith?
By fonewear 2020-03-10 11:24:09
Link | Citer | R

There is 3.14159153234% chance this thread is good.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-10 11:25:04
Link | Citer | R

I'm 99% sure that the 2nd Omen slot is also 100%. I've never seen it not drop unless everyone in the group had one of the rare tagged items it can drop.
Probably right, I haven't done Omen in ages.

Are you unwilling to associate KB's situation (where SE has stated that TH does not affect it) to other similar situstions, like Lilith?
If they actually said that, it's probably good enough to conclude as such. I must have missed it.

Overall, it's neat to have the data and it means TH is incredibly useful for Volte and other drops where the actual slot is not commonly present, but not nearly as impactful on the things we already assumed it wasn't a big deal for.
By fonewear 2020-03-10 11:25:10
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
By the way

Very common tier

No treasure hunter - drop rate 24%

Treasure hunter 2 -- 56% drop rate

Treasure hunter 3 and 4 -- 60 and 64% respectively

There's our tremor ram in a nutshell. That's the argument people always used when they said that that "TH 2 job trait is far more potent than the armlet or thief knife gear upgrades" ever since back in the level 75 cap era. Turns out the trait and gear bonuses work identically, it's just the drop scheme is skewed based off what the base percentage is and how much each potency increase is diminished for each successive rarity tier. TH 2 is a whopping 32% drop rate increase on very common items, 25% on common items, but diminishes rapidly to a mere 2% increase on rare stuff.

TH 4 give me some more !

TH 5 feeling fine !

TH 6 pick up sticks !
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-10 11:30:08
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
There is 3.14159153234% chance this thread is good.

With TH14 it increases to 4.64159153234%
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-10 11:32:47
Link | Citer | R

They could have given you any number/percentage.

Some guy on the internet "actually my numbers prove they are incorrect".
By fonewear 2020-03-10 11:36:04
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7