Monberaux
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-12 13:14:44
Link | Citer | R

No, the mog coffer in garden can only hold, I forgot, 100mils? So no, can't throw all your gul there
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-12 13:16:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
No, the mog coffer in garden can only hold, I forgot, 100mils? So no, can't throw all your gul there
a bil, actually
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-03-12 14:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Hastega, slowga, graviga, stopga, warpga, flurryga, conduitga

You forgot trollga.
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-03-12 18:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
FYI, didn't trade any gil or elixirs and he's still able to do all the above.

Samson's strength lasts for 60 sec.

Mix: Elemental Power gives a MAB boost for 60 sec.

Mix: Vaccine removes Plague.

And he'll literally spam panaceas on your group. No recast, no delay.

Did the same thing. Did NOT pay or even talk to npc before summoning Monbreaux trust. I also spent time watching videos about the new trust, reading all the information posted as well as checking potency. I see zero difference between my trust vs the trust people spent gil on.
Fairly certain the money/item is dialog only.
 Fenrir.Loynis
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-12 18:29:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Wait. Do /any/ PLD trusts Cover? I don't recall ever seeing it.
Nothing uses cover, it's been a dead ability for a very long time. The fact they gave it to him, and made him PLD, boggles my mind.

Maybe, just maybe, this is what's happening to PLD. Gear up lads, we are becoming Chemists!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Serveur: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-03-12 18:47:17
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Loynis said: »
Nothing uses cover, it's been a dead ability for a very long time. The fact they gave it to him, and made him PLD, boggles my mind.

Maybe, just maybe, this is what's happening to PLD. Gear up lads, we are becoming Chemists!

Perhaps he uses the tears from being beaten to make potions and elixirs! Or simply, the shed tears from the fact that he's a PLD.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-12 22:46:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Perhaps he uses the tears from being beaten to make potions and elixirs! Or simply, the shed tears from the fact that he's a PLD.

(...and lord help me for the number of images I had to go through of "emo blonde male elf" on google images before I found one.)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-13 13:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Heghmoh said: »
He is overwriting my SCH's max potency 48min Pro/Shell V though
. . .
And my sch's max potency Regen V

The Pro/Shell isnt too bad because its similar potency...but trading 101regen for 20regen kind of sucks. Hopefully they will patch

I don't have him yet, but just got out of a group that does have him. He overwrites RDM Protect/ShellV with his 4-5minute version, which is kind of annoying and invalidates Sheltered Ring
By SimonSes 2020-03-13 14:08:45
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Loynis said: »

Cover is dead ability because so much people boxing and positioning during fight while boxing is much harder. It's a really nice ability for fights with hate reset, but it should have lower recast or should cover anyone who hide behind PLD, not just selected target.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-03-13 14:37:19
Link | Citer | R

(...and lord help me for the number of images I had to go through of "emo blonde male elf" on google images before I found one.)
LOL!! Life hard for teh meme master /comfort
[+]
By DononofSylph 2020-03-13 14:37:25
Link | Citer | R

Cover should be a passive ability and if you stand behind the PLD at any times, you get damage mitigation.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2020-03-13 15:16:41
Link | Citer | R

Not sure I like this re-fill mechanic of theirs, but I guess he's so potentially powerful they had to compensate for that somehow.

Making so he can only do certain things a certain amount of time and then you have to "recharge" him in Jeuno is what they thought would make things more even/balanced, I guess?

I dunno, mixed feelings. I can understand the reasons they did that for, but I'm not sure I like it.
Not sure I like this re-fill mechanic of theirs, but I guess he's so potentially powerful they had to compensate for that somehow.

Making so he can only do certain things a certain amount of time and then you have to "recharge" him in Jeuno is what they thought would make things more even/balanced, I guess?

I dunno, mixed feelings. I can understand the reasons they did that for, but I'm not sure I like it.

Yeah, the horses have left the barn but another NPC gilsink for something unnecessary but very useful isn't the worst thing in the world, right?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-03-13 16:29:09
Link | Citer | R

What if after enough refills he becomes....
Mon-Brew
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-03-13 21:30:39
Link | Citer | R

Does he have any other hidden mixes?
[+]
By huttburt<3 2020-03-13 22:48:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I've done none of those monthly objectives at all and don't feel compelled to.

Should be free instead of adding a F2P element in a monthly sub-game tied to content that doesn't matter while making you do it for a year (at least allow people to backlog the monthlies to do it later)- Talk about not respecting the player base that actually pays you monthly constantly to even log in
You mad bro?
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-03-13 23:56:39
Link | Citer | R

huttburt<3 said: »

Should be free instead of adding a F2P element in a monthly sub-game tied to content that doesn't matter while making you do it for a year (at least allow people to backlog the monthlies to do it later)- Talk about not respecting the player base that actually pays you monthly constantly to even log in
You mad bro?
even if he was, he'd be rightfully so.
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-03-14 00:17:56
Link | Citer | R

why don't we start giving out free rema and free gear because you weren't logged in last year.

It is nobodies fault but your own if you haven't done the monthlies.

The whole backlog thing I agree with.
[+]
By Haziko 2020-03-14 08:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
huttburt<3 said: »

You mad bro?
even if he was, he'd be rightfully so.

By any objective measure, not even remotely.
By Shichishito 2020-03-14 08:47:28
Link | Citer | R

he has got a point tho. if you were subscribed for 12 months after the release of deeds there is no good reason not to be able to backlog.
SE still got their money and the players didn't get to skip any work, they just get to decide when to do how much of the chores.

no one knew if the final reward would be worthwhile, its a very reasonable decision to not just blindly grind new content without knowing whether it will pay off in the end.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-14 09:00:07
Link | Citer | R

Given the time gate and all mystery around it, it was quite clear it would be an awesome reward.

Still that doesnt justify the highest time gate in game. Not even ergon takes that much. Neither ygnas. Half of it would be barely acceptable.
By Haziko 2020-03-14 09:24:33
Link | Citer | R

he has got a point tho. if you were subscribed for 12 months after the release of deeds there is no good reason not to be able to backlog.

Absolutely there is. The good reason is that, for the entirety of DoH, it has been pervasively clear that you either earn them or miss them each month. There is no reason to expect that to change now that they added one more reward. The prevailing instruction to the players has always been "go earn them, or it will take longer to earn the rewards." It is a system designed to reward players for participating and being diligent, not for sleeping at the wheel in hopes that one subjectively-better reward will drop than the other rewards (which are all worth the time commitment to different people; hence, you cannot validate it on that logic).

SE still got their money and the players didn't get to skip any work, they just get to decide when to do how much of the chores.

Whether players chose to put in the work to earn the rewards is entirely irrelevant to that monthly subscription. You pay for the right and access to, not for immediate receipt of, content. A player's decision to participate in content and obtain the rewards is completely different.

Additionally, players certainly get to decide how and when--under the same impetus that everybody else is under, which is that you either decide to do them this month, or you decide not to and miss the opportunity to catch up. It's been pretty clear.

no one knew if the final reward would be worthwhile, its a very reasonable decision to not just blindly grind new content without knowing whether it will pay off in the end.

Except, again, this relies on subjectively gauging each reward. That's not the issue here. The issue is whether a player made the decision to participate fully-knowing that they will not have the chance to play catch-up if a reward that suddenly appeals to them drops. That has absolutely nothing to do with SE not respecting a player's time or money, and everything to do with the player not respecting their own. Rather, I would strongly suggest that it is more disrespectful to the player base's time by allowing backlog considering all of the players that diligently completed the tasks each month and put themselves in the position to reap the rewards.

Given the time gate and all mystery around it, it was quite clear it would be an awesome reward.

Still that doesnt justify the highest time gate in game. Not even ergon takes that much. Neither ygnas. Half of it would be barely acceptable.

The only objective "timegate" here created by SE is the need to obtain 10 more DoH. Nothing else within it is a timegate unless the player chose not to participate in monthlies beforehand. THAT is not a timegate.

If the player chose not to participate, then it is no more of a timegate than Ergon. for example, if you aren't reaching legendary in your coalitions, you cannot go back and re-obtain all the wasted imps. Let's even use something patently less restrictive--Omen. If you did not complete RoV, or the underlying stories, then of course there is a "timegate"--one created by the player. If you have not then farmed for cards/scales, you aren't going to be able to upgrade.

Except that's not timegating--it is an illustration of objectives, which are implicated by every single piece of content in this game. You either play the content so that you're prepared to reap the additional rewards (AF+3, Ergon, Mon.), or you come to FFXIAH and scapegoat SE for your own decision to be unprepared. It goes without saying that the prior poster(s) that I originally responded to are firmly in the latter scenario.

The petulance about this is sad.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-03-14 09:54:54
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-14 10:04:57
Link | Citer | R

That's called taking a gamble on the reward not being worth it and losing. "Reasonable decision" or not at the time, they made a choice despite knowing full well that that it might backfire on them. If you decide not to buy a lottery ticket and the guy right after you gets that lottery ticket and wins a million dollars, you don't get to argue that you deserve the money because a you made a "reasonable decision" not to buy it.

In addition, it's not like Monberaux is the only reward; you also get 3 mars orbs and a venus orb to use or sell (14m worth on Asura), 30 ANV keys, 25 SP Gobbie keys, 21 copper vouchers, and a bunch of free reforged AF, all for tasks that give you a whole month to complete each one and take very little time invested.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-03-14 10:07:06
Link | Citer | R

I can see both sides here, but I belong to the belief that if you don't actually do the content, you just sit in town twirling your thumbs.

My issue with Deeds of Heroism is how lazily delivered and poorly constructed it was. The DoH NPC is slapped between the RoE NPC, Unity NPC, AMAN Reclaimer, which is already a high traffic area. I went 3 months before actually clicking on this NPC, because the initial offering for DoH was supremely mediocre, according to its update notes.

The inital draw, I believe, was "get a free pulse weapon in 4 months" ....but who cares? If you already have cells, or saved up pulse weapons from years prior, or already made 3-4 (out of 14) Ambuscade weapons that you're going to use, then what's the point? SE did dangle a ??? reward from the beginning and free AF1+2/AF1+3 vouchers.

My issue with DoH was just the mediocre draw. I'm sure Mon-Bro is great and the people who did DoH deserve it, but I think there should have been additional rewards to compel people to do it.

For example, if there was a 500 DoH voucher that was revealed to be "Judgment Day" or some other kind of niche novelty, I'm sure people would do it.

Or perhaps a 600 DoH voucher that dispensed 1-2 dark matter augment vouchers per day/week.

For me personally, shiny new trusts isn't the way to get me to redo old content. :/
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-14 10:09:53
Link | Citer | R

I got almost 20 million gil from doing Deeds, so I don't see how the initial offering was "supremely mediocre" compared to how little time it takes even if you didn't need the pulse weapon (which is either tens of millions of gil to buy or a sizeable chunk of hours to farm if you do need one) or free reforged AF.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-03-14 10:21:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
I got almost 20 million gil from doing Deeds, so I don't see how the initial offering was "supremely mediocre" compared to how little time it takes even if you didn't need the pulse weapon (which is either tens of millions of gil to buy or a sizeable chunk of hours to farm if you do need one) or free reforged AF.

20 million gil over the course of a year or a month, or even a week, is supremely mediocre in my opinion.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-14 10:31:50
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »

20 million gil over the course of a year or a month, or even a week, is supremely mediocre in my opinion.
The total time span is irrelevant; the actual parameter to look at is how much playtime it requires, which is very low. It might not be quite as high of a gil/hour as high level mercing or the like, but it's still far from supremely mediocre, especially since no one actively farms gil for all of their playtime (other than sparks bots and the like) and doing deeds has infinite flexibility within each month, as opposed to most high level gil farming opportunities which come and go (mercing), require some luck (crafting), or are time gated (like Dynamis-D farming).

It's solid gil (for the playtime needed), a free pulse weapon if you need one (worth another 20-30m+ or quite a few hours of farming on average), a set free Reforged AF +2 if you need any (which also takes a bit of gil and a moderate amount of card farming otherwise), and a ??? which had at least a decent chance of being good (especially after we learned early on that it was a cipher for Monberaux).
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-03-14 11:36:49
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-14 11:53:08
Link | Citer | R

Haziko said: »

Absolutely there is. The good reason is that, for the entirety of DoH, it has been pervasively clear that you either earn them or miss them each month. There is no reason to expect that to change now that they added one more reward. The prevailing instruction to the players has always been "go earn them, or it will take longer to earn the rewards." It is a system designed to reward players for participating and being diligent, not for sleeping at the wheel in hopes that one subjectively-better reward will drop than the other rewards (which are all worth the time commitment to different people; hence, you cannot validate it on that logic).

Whether players chose to put in the work to earn the rewards is entirely irrelevant to that monthly subscription. You pay for the right and access to, not for immediate receipt of, content. A player's decision to participate in content and obtain the rewards is completely different.

Additionally, players certainly get to decide how and when--under the same impetus that everybody else is under, which is that you either decide to do them this month, or you decide not to and miss the opportunity to catch up. It's been pretty clear.

Except, again, this relies on subjectively gauging each reward. That's not the issue here. The issue is whether a player made the decision to participate fully-knowing that they will not have the chance to play catch-up if a reward that suddenly appeals to them drops. That has absolutely nothing to do with SE not respecting a player's time or money, and everything to do with the player not respecting their own. Rather, I would strongly suggest that it is more disrespectful to the player base's time by allowing backlog considering all of the players that diligently completed the tasks each month and put themselves in the position to reap the rewards.

The only objective "timegate" here created by SE is the need to obtain 10 more DoH. Nothing else within it is a timegate unless the player chose not to participate in monthlies beforehand. THAT is not a timegate.

If the player chose not to participate, then it is no more of a timegate than Ergon. for example, if you aren't reaching legendary in your coalitions, you cannot go back and re-obtain all the wasted imps. Let's even use something patently less restrictive--Omen. If you did not complete RoV, or the underlying stories, then of course there is a "timegate"--one created by the player. If you have not then farmed for cards/scales, you aren't going to be able to upgrade.

Except that's not timegating--it is an illustration of objectives, which are implicated by every single piece of content in this game. You either play the content so that you're prepared to reap the additional rewards (AF+3, Ergon, Mon.), or you come to FFXIAH and scapegoat SE for your own decision to be unprepared. It goes without saying that the prior poster(s) that I originally responded to are firmly in the latter scenario.

The petulance about this is sad.

Alternatively; The system isnt designed well and could be better. The argument that there is no point in change because the system is how it is isnt a sound argument against someone suggesting an improvement.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-14 11:56:15
Link | Citer | R

The total time span is irrelevant; the actual parameter to look at is how much playtime it requires, which is very low. It might not be quite as high of a gil/hour as high level mercing or the like, but it's still far from supremely mediocre, especially since no one actively farms gil for all of their playtime (other than sparks bots and the like) and doing deeds has infinite flexibility within each month, as opposed to most high level gil farming opportunities which come and go (mercing), require some luck (crafting), or are time gated (like Dynamis-D farming).

It's solid gil (for the playtime needed), a free pulse weapon if you need one (worth another 20-30m+ or quite a few hours of farming on average), a set free Reforged AF +2 if you need any (which also takes a bit of gil and a moderate amount of card farming otherwise), and a ??? which had at least a decent chance of being good (especially after we learned early on that it was a cipher for Monberaux).

Total time to get 20 mil is less than 4 hours normally. Total time to get 20 mil from deeds is well over 4 hours total, even if you just calculate how long you spent doing deeds and not the wait between months.

Its not a good use of time for gil if gil is what youre after.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7