The Perfect Solution To The Pet Distance Problem

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The perfect solution to the pet distance problem
The perfect solution to the pet distance problem
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-30 16:50:21
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Asura.Xenorex said: »
them for awhile. Even tried using similar tactics I had used and had so much fun with on bst for the prior decade. It sucked, they’re not as fun as bst to me, but I found the perfect solution. I uninstalled the game and canceled and stopped paying all three of my accounts. Now I play elite dangerous when the kids are asleep and Minecraft if we play

If you dont like that idea, then the overall design of bst really wasnt for you, given the other 2 pet jobs do do that, and do it well.

Beastmaster was able to use abilities at distance from the very beginning, so your point is irrelevant. Why suddenly change it if it wasn't an issue back then?

It only became an issue because of some butthurt BST haters complaining to the Dev. Team because BST suddenly became relevant in endgame content.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2020-03-30 17:05:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Siviard said: »

Beastmaster was able to use abilities at distance from the very beginning, so your point is irrelevant. Why suddenly change it if it wasn't an issue back then?

It only became an issue because of some butthurt BST haters complaining to the Dev. Team because BST suddenly became relevant in endgame content.

it looks like the only one here who is butthurt is you. Players were exploiting mechanics in what SE saw was an unfavorable situation, they changed it. either work with what you have or move on.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-30 17:14:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »

it looks like the only one here who is butthurt is you. Players were exploiting mechanics in what SE saw was an unfavorable situation, they changed it. either work with what you have or move on.

Frod, do us all a favor and get lost.

I had no problem with SMN's original JA activation distance of 15. Heck, I'd be fine with that distance for BST. But with SE's attitude towards BST, they might as well just delete the *** job and replace it with Time Mage, Necromancer, or Chemist.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-03-30 18:10:50
Link | Citer | R

they might as well just delete the *** job and replace it with Time Mage, Necromancer, or Chemist.

Better yet, keep BST and give us those three jobs!
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-03-30 18:31:35
Link | Citer | R

I had no problem with SMN's original JA activation distance of 15. Heck, I'd be fine with that distance for BST. But with SE's attitude towards BST, they might as well just delete the *** job and replace it with Time Mage, Necromancer, or Chemist.

Saltier than a bag of pretzel sticks.

maybe bst is fine, maybe you just need to git gud.
By Shichishito 2020-03-30 18:45:17
Link | Citer | R

in times where everyone is preaching social distancing we need a emergancy BST corona patch! we need to act NOW guys, we'll have to quarantine all our BSTs (i suggest asura). SE knowingly hazards the consequences of a BST genocide!
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-03-30 18:49:08
Link | Citer | R

The perfect solution to the pet distance problem is to go level SMN. if you're pissed you have to be front row and melee alongside your crab, you're doing it wrong.

This is a take. It's not a good take, though.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-30 19:11:11
Link | Citer | R

Saltier than a bag of pretzel sticks.

maybe bst is fine, maybe you just need to git gud.

Not salty, just fed up with your constant male cow's fecal matter.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-30 20:27:24
Link | Citer | R

them for awhile. Even tried using similar tactics I had used and had so much fun with on bst for the prior decade. It sucked, they’re not as fun as bst to me, but I found the perfect solution. I uninstalled the game and canceled and stopped paying all three of my accounts. Now I play elite dangerous when the kids are asleep and Minecraft if we play

If you dont like that idea, then the overall design of bst really wasnt for you, given the other 2 pet jobs do do that, and do it well.

Because thats not the direction SE wanted bst to go in modern content. How they operated back then is irrelevant, this is not back then. If you dont give bst its own niche and playstyle, theres no reason to have it exist that isnt done better by pup and smn.
By Felgarr 2020-03-30 23:23:37
Link | Citer | R

Because thats not the direction SE wanted bst to go in modern content. How they operated back then is irrelevant, this is not back then. If you dont give bst its own niche and playstyle, theres no reason to have it exist that isnt done better by pup and smn.

My problem with this stance is that SMN and PUP are allowed to continue and play the same as BST USED to be. (And to add insult to injury, SE adds Siren, which furthers ACAF spam (but for BST unleash spam isn't allowed).

I understand SE's intentions, but they should have coupled it with a full re-work of the job: Abilities, Traits, Merits, ....but NO. We get 2 re-skinned pets AFTER 3 YEARS. Give me a break!
By Shichishito 2020-03-31 00:01:21
Link | Citer | R

siren really isn't that great and the latest content can't be ACAF spammed, you can also expect that future content from now on will be handled similar in regards to ACAF spam.
bottom line it was a hard nerf for SMN.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-31 03:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »

My problem with this stance is that SMN and PUP are allowed to continue and play the same as BST USED to be. (And to add insult to injury, SE adds Siren, which furthers ACAF spam (but for BST unleash spam isn't allowed).

I understand SE's intentions, but they should have coupled it with a full re-work of the job: Abilities, Traits, Merits, ....but NO. We get 2 re-skinned pets AFTER 3 YEARS. Give me a break!

All of the pet jobs need a rework to not be reliant on their one hours to function. Seriously, smn is straight trash. Most content that gets AFACd can be done with other jobs perfectly fine with similar or greater success, if a bit longer, and outside of AFAC... smn gets you.... a weird support that has amazing spike damage but trash DPS whos support isnt nearly as strong as other supports. And thats IF they get their pet cor rolls. Without them, even their spike damage is garbage.

Pup is delegated to either overdrive something, or tank for pet parties.

Bst is the only pet job even remotely viable in a standard setup in the DD position. Probably the only pet job viable at all in a standard setup.
By Shichishito 2020-03-31 03:34:37
Link | Citer | R

i think it wouldn't be much of a problem if pet jobs don't fit well in regular parties as long as they play very well together. unfortunately BST doesn't really fit into regular parties AND pet parties.

even if they do good damage they need seperate cor buffs that don't fit in with a regular melee party and pet parties try to avoid taking damage all together (puppet is immorta and smn stays at safe distance). bringing a BST to pet setup would also require to bring a main healer that blocks another supports or SMNs spot and probably causes trouble with hate management.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-31 03:52:43
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
i think it wouldn't be much of a problem if pet jobs don't fit well in regular parties as long as they play very well together. unfortunately BST doesn't really fit into regular parties AND pet parties.

even if they do good damage they need seperate cor buffs that don't fit in with a regular melee party and pet parties try to avoid taking damage all together (puppet is immorta and smn stays at safe distance). bringing a BST to pet setup would also require to bring a main healer that blocks another supports or SMNs spot and probably causes trouble with hate management.

It is a problem that pet jobs dont fit in well with standard setups, given this leads to all the issues we have now. Support buffs/debuffs should benefit players AND pets with the same buffs, and then you can hard nerf/change their respective 1hours. As it is, the pet jobs are all just 1hour bots and thats it. They take too much investment to work to be valuable, and even when they are the best option for the task at hand, they arent the only viable option. Where as every single non pet job can easily do any content in the game successfully without them.
By Shichishito 2020-03-31 04:34:35
Link | Citer | R

i'm no pup expert but i think they can tank just fine (within a pet setup) without 1hour. SMN on the other hand ALWAYS was pretty much 100% relying on 2hour, even back in promyvion days.

BST did well without 1hour till the range nerf. only impressive thing i've seen BST do with 1hour is soloing zi'tah pixies.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-31 05:53:51
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
i'm no pup expert but i think they can tank just fine (within a pet setup) without 1hour. SMN on the other hand ALWAYS was pretty much 100% relying on 2hour, even back in promyvion days.

BST did well without 1hour till the range nerf. only impressive thing i've seen BST do with 1hour is soloing zi'tah pixies.

For the most part they can tank half decently without one hour, though enmity is always an issue (and doom, but thats another thing). But the cases where a pup is ideal are extremely few and far between, and the only time youd ever do anything else is either for fun or because you have 2hr up.

Bonus points if you try tanking a mob with a sch/blm setup.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-04-11 03:42:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Gamer Escape: The past changes to the Beastmaster job’s distance requirements for pet abilities have caused its effectiveness in endgame content to be harshly criticized, while other pet jobs such as Summoner and Puppetmaster still have fairly long ranges on their command abilities. In the interest of job balance, has there been any recent consideration for how this job can be resuscitated to be more effective in endgame content?

Akihiko Matsui: Before the Beastmaster nerfs, virtually all enemies were able to be defeated by all-Beastmaster parties at virtually no risk to the players involved. If we revert those changes, we’ll just go back to the previous, unacceptable status quo.

Summoners have virtually no offense potential without their avatars. Dragoons, on the other hand, deal most of their damage themselves, although they do also have to look after their wyvern. By contrast, Beastmasters are intended to be about half-and-half.

Future Beastmaster adjustments will center on promoting a style where the Beastmasters attack together with their pet—we are aware that players are currently finding it difficult to attack enemies themselves on the frontline. However, we know from our experience with abilities like Aura, Perfect Defense, or Geomancy colures that buffing something too much will lead to problems once players realize their true strengths, so we have to proceed very carefully.

Every response they give about BST distance blows my mind. The mental gymnastics to reach their justifications (which change with every answer) are a sight to behold lol.

1. SMN and PUP and other ranged strats are still no risk, so they don't really care about that or else every DD would be in melee range.
2. The status quo doesn't even exist. BSTs are blamed for a workaround to horribly scaled content years ago lol. That they fixed with large scale level gap changes.
3. BST damage is supposed to be 50/50 but they'll be OP at range? Which one is it? lol
4. I find it hilarious they completely swept PUP under the carpet when comparing SMN/BST/DRG damage splits.
5. I also find hilarious they are comparing BSTs original distance to old Perfect Defense. While sweeping SMN conduit burns and PUP overdrive from 25+ yalms away under the rug.

The entire job toolkit is pet focused. They are just gonna sprinkle in more mediocre pets with a buff attached to it and say fixed. Ignoring all the core gameplay issues.