Superwarps - Questionable.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Superwarps - Questionable.
Superwarps - Questionable.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-19 17:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Mrxi said: »
Same zone should be set to true by default. And warping to points you don't have should not. for Thorny's uberwarp plugin you actually have to create a file and put in it "I acknowledge that using uberwarp for locations I have not yet unlocked may get me banned."

What is different about Thorny's version? you let the cat out of the bag, I wanna know more about his plugin lol.

Also, just curious if it is that difficult to have this plugin "mirror" the actions/selections of the main when interacting with these menus?

I.E. What ever character is in main focus, can select destinations via the vanilla menu, and all other characters that are near by to a compatible npc/hp/guide/etc will choose the same selections as the main.

This plugin is super awesome, I just hate typing, and having to memorize exactly which point lands where (and I hate trying to type on the fly when I am in a rush). It would be nice if the main's selections reflected to the alts. Would be cool if a plugin could do that for, ionis/sanction/sigil/signet, or selecting RoE objectives, or coalition assignments, or assault, or various dungeon warps like in Nyzul/Omen (I guess most of these only need interaction from one party member though), etc etc.

If I were a genius programmer like all of you I would want my alts being able to "follow" along with my main when it comes to interacting with those types of menus.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-19 17:18:01
Link | Citer | R

mine is for ashita, so it's not an alternative to this, just a different platform

it's basically the same thing if this has been cleaned up as claimed

(also, having your mules automatically copy your menus is a bad idea for numerous reasons, but it's also not trivial to implement as the server isn't able to initiate more than 1-2 conversations at a time with the same npc)
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-19 17:31:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
mine is for ashita, so it's not an alternative to this, just a different platform

(also, having your mules automatically copy your menus is a bad idea for numerous reasons, but it's also not trivial to implement as the server isn't able to initiate more than 1-2 conversations at a time with the same npc)

I stand corrected, thanks for the info. I do understand having your alts interact with EVERY npc that the main does is not a good idea, but being able to restrict it to certain ones, would be handy. The guy who hands out KIs for WKRs, as an example, would be nice to just hit him on the main, if there were a slight (hell even a half minute) delay to allow "turns" with the NPC I would not be bothered, its just the alt tab-scroll select next page, select option, select confirm on 3 guys is tedious lol.

But if its not doable its not, so I appreciate everyones hard work to make my game QoL easier, thanks bunches all!
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-19 17:38:13
Link | Citer | R

It isnt impossible, just not simple. You also have to worry about buying KI you already have or dont have access to, taking warps you dont have access to, etc. A clean 'universal' solution would still need code specific to each of the npcs it does to prevent this type of thing.

The typed commands are faster anyway if you can type decently.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-19 17:42:13
Link | Citer | R

It isnt impossible, just not simple. You also have to worry about buying KI you already have or dont have access to, taking warps you dont have access to, etc. A clean 'universal' solution would still need code specific to each of the npcs it does to prevent this type of thing.

The typed commands are faster anyway if you can type decently.

I have fat fingers lol.

Edit: I also encourage you to try, for my own selfish reason obviously, lol.

If you could kinda chip away at it would be the way to go, maybe if it could just grab basic stuff, like sanction, that would be nice. Or say, applying at the NPC to participate in campaign battles. The basic of the basic is what people are using frequently, and that tends to be what slows down multiboxers.

Opening special dial on gobbie box, zone buffs, applying for abyssea access, getting stones, applying basic abyssea buffs (not atmas), things like that, stuff you know wont get hung up on like double KIs, or lack of points. You would be my savior!
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Serveur: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-19 17:48:18
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Same zone should be set to true by default. And warping to points you don't have should not. for Thorny's uberwarp plugin you actually have to create a file and put in it "I acknowledge that using uberwarp for locations I have not yet unlocked may get me banned."

What is different about Thorny's version? you let the cat out of the bag, I wanna know more about his plugin lol.

Also, just curious if it is that difficult to have this plugin "mirror" the actions/selections of the main when interacting with these menus?

I.E. What ever character is in main focus, can select destinations via the vanilla menu, and all other characters that are near by to a compatible npc/hp/guide/etc will choose the same selections as the main.

This plugin is super awesome, I just hate typing, and having to memorize exactly which point lands where (and I hate trying to type on the fly when I am in a rush). It would be nice if the main's selections reflected to the alts. Would be cool if a plugin could do that for, ionis/sanction/sigil/signet, or selecting RoE objectives, or coalition assignments, or assault, or various dungeon warps like in Nyzul/Omen (I guess most of these only need interaction from one party member though), etc etc.

If I were a genius programmer like all of you I would want my alts being able to "follow" along with my main when it comes to interacting with those types of menus.

I dont know a thing about windower. Or if you're using ashita. But when you spoke about being in a rush. I made alias to do the most common of warps myself.
/quf for instance will do send command to send everyone to qufim.
I'm sure windower can do the same thing.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-19 17:57:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

I dont know a thing about windower. Or if you're using ashita. But when you spoke about being in a rush. I made alias to do the most common of warps myself.
/quf for instance will do send command to send everyone to qufim.
I'm sure windower can do the same thing.

Thanks for the tip, I have not actually started using this plugin myself, but i plan to soon. My standby plan is to alias the function keys to do shortcuts.

I already have my f1 setup to use warp rings. I use a g510 KB for other macros so I have a ton of spare keys.

f1 warp, f2 holla, f3 mea, f4 dem, f5 qufim, f6 mis coast, etc etc. I probably once I run out of room will just use f2 for holla rings, and then just use the dem/mea key for other warp types.

edit: pro-tip, if you want your f keys to alias automatically to work w/ whatever main you happen to have, alias that f-key in the windower INIT w/ a //send @all command. WOrks guuud.
By Pwnsalot 2020-03-12 22:09:51
Link | Citer | R

I disagree completely. I came here after I found out Superwarps was the reason my linkshell member got banned. So, it's now a 'what got people banned' thread.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-13 03:22:51
Link | Citer | R

Considering banned people lie or hide information 99% of the time (conservative guess), this is more ‘what you think got people banned’.

Like the others 6586876 similar threads in ffxiah history.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-13 03:27:23
Link | Citer | R

How do you know he got banned for it?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-13 03:38:06
Link | Citer | R

Most likely its what the banned people claimed on their discord
By SimonSes 2020-03-13 03:49:20
Link | Citer | R

Wait.. you suggest it hasnt been cleaned up as claimed?
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-13 03:51:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Superwarps that fixes all (i personally haven't looked but i know a bunch of people hhelped with it) just went out of beta today. You should grab the latest copy from https://github.com/baharms/superwarp
Will this be added to the Windower client eventually?
By Pantafernando 2020-03-13 04:42:29
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

I think he implies he didnt bother to check
By Felgarr 2020-03-13 06:49:13
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
SimonSes said: »

I think he implies he didnt bother to check

Superwarp doesn't belong to Thorny to check. He's merely re-asserting that if Superwarp's author's claims are true, there should be nothing to worry about. However, someone should go over it with a fine-tooth comb.

In my opinion, it's more likely Pwnsalot's LS member used bidder, Tako, EasyFarm, etc which are the addons much more likely to get you banned. If SuperWarp were to get you banned, it would have to (1) spam the server or (2) fail a server-side validation check for cost of warp or (3) be used to repeatedly access a zone you're not supposed to have to.

Just my two cents, but SuperWarp, which is just automated menu interaction, is low on the list of culprits here.
[+]
By billnes 2020-04-10 23:48:13
Link | Citer | R

I'm a bit confused about an issue and I was wondering if I can get some clarification.

In this thread I see that people are talking about the Addon Gearswap.. In Windower4's Addon menu, inside the description it clearly says [[Uses Packets]] Being that I don't use Gearswap and that I am not a programmer, I'm going on the presumption that this means "Packet Injection". Again, to the best of my understanding, this means that an addon, written in Lua code transmits false data up to the SE data center in Tokyo, Japan.

If this is true, why are people yelling at me and calling me an idiot in other threads? People in other threads, that are also here (I won't drop any names) are telling me that "Packet Injection" really does not exist. They're telling me that "Packet Injection" is nothing but a meme.

In this thread, people are talking about the fact that they could get banned because they were using gearswap, that in turn uses packets. IF packets and "Packet Injection" are a real thing in this thread, why are they "just a meme" on another thread??

Thanks for your help.
By Felgarr 2020-04-11 00:14:21
Link | Citer | R

billnes said: »
I'm a bit confused about an issue and I was wondering if I can get some clarification.

In this thread I see that people are talking about the Addon Gearswap.. In Windower4's Addon menu, inside the description it clearly says [[Uses Packets]] Being that I don't use Gearswap and that I am not a programmer, I'm going on the presumption that this means "Packet Injection". Again, to the best of my understanding, this means that an addon, written in Lua code transmits false data up to the SE data center in Tokyo, Japan.

If this is true, why are people yelling at me and calling me an idiot in other threads? People in other threads, that are also here (I won't drop any names) are telling me that "Packet Injection" really does not exist. They're telling me that "Packet Injection" is nothing but a meme.

In this thread, people are talking about the fact that they could get banned because they were using gearswap, that in turn uses packets. IF packets and "Packet Injection" are a real thing in this thread, why are they "just a meme" on another thread??

Thanks for your help.

Oh sure. So, it is Packet Injection, exactly as you describe it. Many online games, FFXI included, have had their packet structures mapped out for years. However, there is inherent risk when using any tool, addon or plugin that constructs and transmits packets on behalf of the official client. For example, every month we get an FFXI update and it is possible that the update could change the packet structure for a common operation, like equipping gear, issuing a weapon skill or reporting to everyone that weaponskill occurred. This is an uncommon or even rare occurrence for these examples, but it can happen.

Generally speaking, most developers for commonly used plugins are around or reachable to respond to issues reported to them by FFXI players, especially after an update has occurred, and the packet structure they've assumed has been changed by SE.

You're not an idiot by an means. There is certifiable, non-zero risk associated with using any 3rd party addon, tool, plugin etc, including GearSwap, whether or not Packet Injection is used by this tool.

However, past experience has shown that SE doesn't appear to exclusively ban people for using gearswap. Some overzealous or unscrupulous players tend to put "too much" automation in their GearSwap files and as a result, can do silly things, especially if they don't understand the code they're using. (My favorite examples, include spamming the server for JAs which are obviously on cool-down).

So, if you understand the GearSwap Luas you're using and they're not automating too much on your behalf, there is less overhead with maintaining it and less likely of an impact if a packet were to change. (Both Windower and Ashita teams are really good about responding to a change in packet structure by SE).

Why you're friends over-reacted to you: They dismiss the non-zero risk of using automation in Gearswap, as I described above. (It is minimal, but non-zero, nonetheless). Also, they don't understand that packet injection can also be used to interact with menus and game-elements as if the client had presented you with the choice to click. Packet Injection can be used further to result in things that the client DOESN'T ALLOW, such as using AH too frequently, or too far away from the Auction Counter. (Shoot, back in the day, there were exploits that allowed you to purchase items, without spending currency. It should be obvious why this is bad).

Some advice: As long as you're not doing things that the client would not normally allow (casting will running, flee hacking, clipping, unattended automation for hours or days on end, unscrupulous trades to new NPCs that duplicate items or currency, sending malformed packets to the server, or sending correct packets at too-high of a frequency, all GREAT ways to get banned with the quickness).

I hope his post was helpful and answers your questions.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-04-11 08:50:44
Link | Citer | R

What SE would do in a perfect world would be to have validation on every data transaction. Along with the examples Felgarr gave above, you're able to warp to a home point you've never visited before which shows this is something that is far from solid on the server side. It (probably) isn't worth their development time to fix it.
By Felgarr 2020-04-11 09:16:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
What SE would do in a perfect world would be to have validation on every data transaction. Along with the examples Felgarr gave above, you're able to warp to a home point you've never visited before which shows this is something that is far from solid on the server side. It (probably) isn't worth their development time to fix it.

I think at the time this game was developed (cross-platform for PC, PS2, X-box etc) it generally was unthinkable that software exploits were possible. Game Devs/Software engineers view their environments as closed platforms. Computer security and defensive programming techniques weren't very well developed either, in favor of hardware security. However, look at the various ways that all consoles have been hacked and made to run 3rd-party software since 2000-2001. (Everyone single one has been exploited)

Today is a different story, where security and least-privilege access methods are used all the time...but still, nothing is bullet-proof. It all boils to down to whether or not the game devs/software engineers view security as a feature of the platform or something that is extra and unnecessary (for the purposes of meeting deadlines, costs, etc etc).
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-11 09:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Ackshually, most things are validated server side, and most things from the really old days were too. The most egregious failures to validate were in aht urhgan and adoulin. Perhaps whoever they took on for expansions was less capable than the original team, or unaware of good practices.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-04-11 09:34:43
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
for the purposes of meeting deadlines, costs
This.

Every suggested change in software engineering should have a level of cost/profit analysis in order to prioritise requirements against each other. I can imagine their monthly content release life cycle will push these kinds of fixes way down the list.

Anecdotally, the cost of banning someone for the home point warp exploit I mentioned before is way cheaper than iterating software - even if you're paying your engineers minimum wage.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-11 09:43:17
Link | Citer | R

Fixing the home point warp thing is a 5 minute patch. It costs nothing. They probably don't know or care it exists, if you look at the most recent interview they said they don't even have a single engineer dedicated to exclusively FFXI.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-04-11 09:45:05
Link | Citer | R

Ackshually, most things are validated server side, and most things from the really old days were too. The most egregious failures to validate were in aht urhgan and adoulin. Perhaps whoever they took on for expansions was less capable than the original team, or unaware of good practices.

Ah fair point. I'm just asserting that their baseline for information security was poor from the original release date. I'm not surprised ToAU was so bad. They probably churned out the code for 50 assaults and eventually Nyzule objectives, the Mythic questline with extreme quickness.
By Felgarr 2020-04-11 09:52:44
Link | Citer | R

Fixing the home point warp thing is a 5 minute patch. It costs nothing. They probably don't know or care it exists, if you look at the most recent interview they said they don't even have a single engineer dedicated to exclusively FFXI.

I read this too (link below) ...and I'm completely shocked. Directory Matsui said in May of 2019 to Famitsu that we had 2 dedicated developers.

1.) https://gamerescape.com/2020/04/10/11-questions-for-the-final-fantasy-xi-dev-team/
2.) Previous 2019 Future of FFXI interview: https://gamerescape.com/2019/05/23/the-future-of-ffxi-famitsu-interview-with-akihiko-matsui-and-yoji-fujito/

They should just open source FFXI in all it's glory for the 20th anniversary.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-04-11 10:06:01
Link | Citer | R

Fixing the home point warp thing is a 5 minute patch. It costs nothing.
I'd hope it was a low cost fix too, but my prefix of Anecdotally was there for that very reason - we don't know. I've personally worked on some of the most unnecessarily-overly-complex pieces of software where you change something simple that you're sure will be fine and it *** something somewhere else out of nowhere.

Changing software carries these risks. You can bet your *** a team of engineers working with ancient tech like this have had their fair share of scoldings when things have gone south.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-11 10:18:34
Link | Citer | R

HP warps were added as a normal monthly update, relatively recently. The people who added them are almost certainly still there. They reference what you have unlocked when sending the S>C 0x34 to populate menu, so they have it available and mapped.

It is extremely unlikely it is a complex fix, and much more probable that they don't know or care.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-18 13:36:59
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have any idea why this script would cause a blackscreen when you logout (or blackscreen when the game goes fullscreen if you try login with it in init.txt)

I don't have UAC on, I tried disabling all other addons, it causes a blackscreen at logout, if I disable superwarp before I logout it logs out as normal. Works fine on another PC, same settings file.

Only way to close FFXI is via windows task manager when it does a blackscreen.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-18 14:02:40
Link | Citer | R

Im not sure blackscreen, but suposelly you start a npc interaction and dont properly finish it, your char becomes stagnant and only solution is to force the closing.

Still i think this addon was updated at some point? Are you using the latest version?
By RadialArcana 2020-06-18 14:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, also it works fine on my other computer. Blackscreen when I try to login with it active in the ini.txt and blackscreen when I try to logout with it running.

It works fine, everything functions as it is supposed to but when i logout it locks up ffxi and won't end the program.
By Draylo 2020-06-18 14:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Are you sure its this app? I had something similar happening because of the XiCamera app