ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 142 143 144
By fonewear 2020-02-24 19:13:42
Link | Citer | R

So to even entertain the idea that this guy has a point is to waste valuable seconds.

He is from England that is wrong enough with me.
By fonewear 2020-02-24 19:15:21
Link | Citer | R

What the hell does AI have to do with Trump...wait maybe Trump is a prototype President. Brought to you by Google/ Amazon overlords. To see if we can push AI to Presidential limits or something !
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-24 19:16:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Uhh, not quite. There are many systems and processes that could indeed be simplified and therefore automated. There are, however, many systems that are inherently complex that are well beyond any foreseeable automation.

Yes that’s the tenet of automation 101.

If you understood the underlying principles then you should have also understood the conversation revolves around what can be automated.

Funny that you brought it up since nobody was talking about the far fetched like A.I singularity until you broached that subject.

Whole point I’m trying to make is that complex systems and routines are built up from multiple simple routines. That by focusing initially on automating said simple routines and tasks you eventually have automated complex systems and routines.
By fonewear 2020-02-24 19:19:13
Link | Citer | R

AI is an interesting topic. But my video game forum knowledge of it only takes me so far.
By fonewear 2020-02-24 19:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Maybe we can invent an AI program that helps me understand AI.

Like in the Matrix just download that ***into your mind.

Boom AI expert.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-24 19:27:13
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Maybe we can invent an AI program that helps me understand AI.

Like in the Matrix just download that ***into your mind.

Boom AI expert.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2020-02-24 19:33:43
Link | Citer | R

I occasionally have ‘Nam flashbacks. Or maybe those are just reruns of M*A*S*H. Either way, Alan Alda’s voice gives me PTSD.

Can you imagine being in Vietnam on LSD man !

What a trip.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2020-02-24 19:35:19
Link | Citer | R

I occasionally have ‘Nam flashbacks. Or maybe those are just reruns of M*A*S*H. Either way, Alan Alda’s voice gives me PTSD.

What a trip.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-24 19:36:27
Link | Citer | R

I imagine being around John McCain was like that.

Damn it McCain what the *** does this have to do with Vietnam !
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-24 19:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Anytime I see people use percentages to make a point. I think there is 100% chance of me thinking they are full of ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-24 20:04:25
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
If there's an infinite amount of things you could reapply your skills and knowledge to then there are infinite amounts of things that people could be working on.

Technically, yes. Just like there is a near limitless amount of things to research. However, businesses can't afford to employ a limitless amount of employees.

This implies a massive shortage in statisticians.

That's not what it implies, but we're getting there....

If the demand so far outstripped the supply the salaries would be much higher and then more people would be interested in working in said fields.

Well, you have articles like this:
Statistician is one of the fastest-growing jobs for the future

Which base that on data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics:
Mathematicians and Statisticians

That being said, demand does not always equal high salaries. It certainly helps, but you're not going to get instantly rich off of any of the top ten fastest growing jobs listed in the Quartz article.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-02-25 07:07:27
Link | Citer | R

...and he links to freaking Quartz as his source. No bias there lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-25 08:16:44
Link | Citer | R

Tell us what you actually do and I'll tell you why I think AI will affect you. Your post implies a background in manufacturing and engineering, I'm in the same field.
Cut the rhetorical bs and get back to this.

I responded to one of your posts line by line and you respond with your usual “Wahhhhhhhh, rhetoric!” and get mad that I didn’t respond to your other post first. And no, I’m not spending my whole day giving you a list of my job duties line by line in a Trump thread. Take it to PM if you’re really that interested.

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
...and he links to freaking Quartz as his source. No bias there lol.

Which is why I also quoted the US Bureau of Labor Statistics too. I don’t understand why this is so hard for you.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-25 08:42:03
Link | Citer | R

Ah, so you don’t really want to know what I do, you’re just trying to score internet points. Fair enough.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-25 09:24:00
Link | Citer | R

No, and I never even said that. You're just shitposting and diverting as usual.

I want to know what you do because I do not believe that it is as safe from automation or AI as you like to believe it is. If you didn't want anyone to question what you do (maybe you were just trying to humblebrag) then why did you even start that discussion in the first place?

I told you that I am willing to have this conversation in PM. It’s a very broad topic and to do it justice would take a lot of back and forth. This is the Trump thread. Going off topic occasionally is common, but I’m not going to take this completely off the rails for another day.

If you want an in-depth discussion, then I’m giving you a path to obtain it. If you want the discussion in public because you want attention, then too bad, this isn’t the place for it.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-25 09:36:14
Link | Citer | R

You derailing a topic about your specific job is me wanting attention? Ok. That's a new one.

Zero brought up statisticians first. I’m sorry if you don’t like the path the conversation took after that.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-02-25 09:40:37
Link | Citer | R

What a trip.
I had several friends who were. They even lived through it. No idea about their squad mates.

And, in a vain attempt to keep this on topic, are bone spurs a side effect of any psychotropic drug?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-25 10:28:33
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »

What a trip.
I had several friends who were. They even lived through it. No idea about their squad mates.

And, in a vain attempt to keep this on topic, are bone spurs a side effect of any psychotropic drug?

Yeesh. I hope they weren’t high during combat.

But to tie this in to something political at least, I’m not a legalize all drugs kind of guy, but I do think the government went overboard in how they classified some of the psychotropic drugs. Maybe something has changed since I last researched it, but there are illnesses where LSD/shrooms/etc. are actually the best/only treatment for some people. Cluster headaches, for example, are devastatingly painful, and people can’t legally get treatment because the government has such a tight grip on those substances. Some people grow their own shrooms as medicine to get around it. I think for cluster headaches you generally only need to get high once every few months and you’re basically cured.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-25 10:31:10
Link | Citer | R

You derailing a topic about your specific job is me wanting attention? Ok. That's a new one.

Zero brought up statisticians first. I’m sorry if you don’t like the path the conversation took after that.
I like the conversation, I am interested in it. It's not me avoiding it out of dislike to further it.

Good. Then since it’s a conversation primarily with me, the PM button is right there. No avoidance needed. If you need the public attention, start a thread.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-25 10:57:26
Link | Citer | R

You pretend you want to discuss things then go mental when your beliefs are questioned every time. Why bother? Do you only post here to be circle jerked by Savael and fonewear?

“Let’s take this discussion to a more appropriate place.”

“REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!”

And I’m the one who’s going mental.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 142 143 144