ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 142 143 144
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 10:33:24
Link | Citer | R

The only one "making a big deal" here is you.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2020-07-02 10:45:24
Link | Citer | R

Eagles on American heraldry are supposed to face to their right (our left). This was originally so they face the olive branch and not the arrows, though it's now standard practice even without the arrows and branch.

[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 10:49:30
Link | Citer | R

What's uh, what's going on here?
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Exodus
By Putin On'the'ritz 2020-07-02 10:52:06
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

The current discussion seems to be whether this new logo is a dogwhistle or just a sloppy mistake.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 10:52:51
Link | Citer | R

Putin On'the'ritz said: »

The current discussion seems to be whether this new logo is a dogwhistle or just a sloppy mistake.

Clearly, both.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-02 10:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Apparently Rooks thinks it's more important to nitpick the direction of eagle heads than calling out someone who just said we need to kill people faster.
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2020-07-02 10:57:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Apparently Rooks thinks it's more important to nitpick the direction of eagle heads than calling out someone who just said we need to kill people faster.

I was making a neutral point about why the Eagle's direction would be a point of discussion.

But if that's how you want to be, I don't think the party of "let's open everything up to save the Dow" or "We're testing too much" gets to say much about who's killing people faster. From where I sit it looks like everyone's trying to load people on to the conveyor belt as fast as possible. Y'all just differ in who you're trying to shovel along and why.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-02 11:00:07
Link | Citer | R

Cruz Missive said: »

I was making a neutral point about why the Eagle's direction would be a point of discussion.

But if that's how you want to be, I don't think the party of "let's open everything up to save the Dow" or "We're testing too much" gets to say much about who's killing people faster. From where I sit it looks like everyone's trying to load people on to the conveyor belt as fast as possible. Y'all just differ in who you're trying to shovel along and why.

I don't agree much with my party lately. I made a post about it recently. Both parties are acting like idiots and I'm just sitting here wondering what happened.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 11:01:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Eiryl said:
This looks an awful lot like this

I would say just check the origin of the t-shirt (if possible). Who made it? That will probably clear things up, because yes, the t-shirt eagle does resemble a Nazi eagle based on the direction it's facing. It wasn't an accident that the Nazis wanted to differentiate between the American Eagle and their own. How did this come up anyways.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 11:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Spoiler: it isn't "lately" They're just hiding it less because of the reactions they're getting now.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 11:07:37
Link | Citer | R

Whoever designs trumps shirts stole? the image from "the artist?" Masay

Why Masay drew this one this way? He has dozens of "better" choices to steal.

It "came up" because it's the first thing I saw this morning, and the thread's last post happened to be about "vague hate speech". There's nothing "vague" about this.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-02 11:09:53
Link | Citer | R

I would say just check the origin of the t-shirt (if possible). Who made it? That will probably clear things up, because yes, the t-shirt eagle does resemble a Nazi eagle based on the direction it's facing. It wasn't an accident that the Nazis wanted to differentiate between the American Eagle and their own. How did this come up anyways.

Both were used, and it has little to do with what the Americans were doing with their eagles. The first insignia looked like this:

This symoblized Germany as a country. The Nazis wanted to prioritize party over country, so they switched the head symbolically:

The direction of the head in US symbology is only significant in reference to the arrows or olive branches. It is only because of tradition that eagles face that direction, not because of any significance beyond the arrows/branches. To think that the Nazis own the eagle's head direction is beyond absurd, especially when the eagle is a symbol worldwide.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-02 11:23:00
Link | Citer | R

It's worth noting that even the Presidential seal has had eagles switching head direction over the years, even in the presence of the arrows and olive branches.

During the time of President Hayes:

One that was introduced to the White House in 1903 that is still there today:

And another that Woodrow Wilson commissioned:

[+]
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2020-07-02 11:27:05
Link | Citer | R

It's worth noting that even the Presidential seal has had eagles switching head direction over the years, even in the presence of the arrows and olive branches.

During the time of President Hayes:

One that was introduced to the White House in 1903 that is still there today:

And another that Woodrow Wilson commissioned:

Yes, the current "always faces to its right" is the result of Executive Order 9646, from Harry Truman:

Quote:
On October 25, 1945, President Truman signed Executive Order No. 9646 that legally specified the design of the Seal of the President of the United States. A press release was issued to call attention to the new design:

"In the new Coat of Arms, Seal and Flag, the Eagle not only faces to its right – the direction of honor – but also toward the olive branches of peace which it holds in its right talon. Formerly the eagle faced toward the arrows in its left talon – arrows, symbolic of war."
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-07-02 11:27:13
Link | Citer | R

Trump jr. is partying 2 blacks from my house friday. gonna be a *** getting home >.<
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-07-02 11:27:37
Link | Citer | R

eerrr.... blocks*
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-02 11:32:13
Link | Citer | R

Cruz Missive said: »

Yes, the current "always faces to its right" is the result of Executive Order 9646, from Harry Truman:

Quote:
On October 25, 1945, President Truman signed Executive Order No. 9646 that legally specified the design of the Seal of the President of the United States. A press release was issued to call attention to the new design:

"In the new Coat of Arms, Seal and Flag, the Eagle not only faces to its right – the direction of honor – but also toward the olive branches of peace which it holds in its right talon. Formerly the eagle faced toward the arrows in its left talon – arrows, symbolic of war."

Correct, but note that it is in reference specifically to the Presidential Seal, which has the arrows/branches. There's no official declaration that all eagle symbology should face that direction.
[+]
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2020-07-02 11:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Correct, but note that it is in reference specifically to the Presidential Seal, which has the arrows/branches. There's no official declaration that all eagle symbology should face that direction.

No, but everything else HAS followed suit, which is why, like I said, this is a discussion.

If you want to be Team Lazy Design Mistake/Coincidence, that's fine, but suggesting that it isn't an actual discussion, when these same people gave us The $88 baseball is disingenuous.

Even if it IS all coincidence, you would think that an administration so dogged by accusations of racism would take more care to not do things so easily construed as racist/evoke Nazi imagery. The best case scenario is that they're incredibly sloppy, and apathetic about how their official messaging is received.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 11:40:42
Link | Citer | R

It's "weird" that "they" keep "accidentally" quoting racists and "accidentally" using symbols of Nazis and "accidentally" posting video of people yelling "white power"
By volkom 2020-07-02 11:42:49
Link | Citer | R

I'm in the boat that Trump is a troll and takes every opportunity to trigger the TDS in his opposition
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-02 11:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Especially now people see racism in everything whether it’s there or not. The direction of a friggin’ eagle head is irrelevant when it has appeared in both ways in official US government use.

I’m getting sick of these comparisons. The Nazis didn’t invent the eagle symbol, they didn’t invent the direction, and they shouldn’t get to claim both for all eternity just because people want to Godwin a president they don’t like.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 11:50:48
Link | Citer | R

Well, I don't know this answer, and I'm not going to spend all day googling it.

How many racists did "dubbya" quote?
How many videos did Clinton post of people yelling white power?
How many times did Obama sell Nazi (or black panther) merch?

You've got to see the obvious for being the obvious.
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 11:53:47
Link | Citer | R

Like I said, scope out who made the shirt. If it was a white supremacist group then there ya go, it's clearly Nazi symbolism and no accident. The fact is, that logo is way too close to the Nazi crest, beyond just the direction the eagle is facing, to escape scrutiny.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-02 15:34:23
Link | Citer | R

The Trumpian art of the deal seems to infest the whole administration.

The Trump administration just lent $700 million to a trucking company sued for ripping off taxpayers

But wait! There's more!

Quote:
New York (CNN Business)The US Treasury is giving a $700 million loan to YRC Worldwide, a troubled trucking company that warned in May it was in danger of going out of business.

That's an enormous sum for a company whose stock had plunged 27% this year and was worth only $70 million as of Tuesday's close. And here's the kicker: The government sued YRC for ripping it off....

US taxpayers will end up owning 30% of the company's stock as part of the loan agreement....
We could have bought the whole company for 1/10 of the cost of the loan....
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-02 15:49:50
Link | Citer | R

There are people in the Trump administration who are quite adept at dog whistles.

Like the rally in Tulsa, originally scheduled for Juneteenth. Unforced error or dog whistle?

I really do not want to believe that the people running the president's show are so oblivious / stupid / lazy to bother looking up any reasons why that date and place might be inappropriate. And given the administrations priorities its far easier to believe them sly, evil, intelligent, and racist.

The same with the disputed eagle.

Find me another deception of the American eagle holding a circularly morphed flag in its claws. The flag always morphs into a shield covering the eagle's chest.

Oh, just for ***** and giggles the Russian eagle:

Can you say two faced?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 15:56:58
Link | Citer | R

Let us not forget

Non of this is on "accident" It's on *wink* accident.
[+]
By volkom 2020-07-02 16:08:17
Link | Citer | R

is eagle and flag thing implying Trump is a nazi?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 16:26:04
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »

How to answer that question without stepping on a landmine.

It's not that he's a "Nazi" but it's quite obvious who the "target audience" is. And who the "people in charge" are. Trump literally himself probably had absolutely zero input. (that by no means excuses it)

"In a vacuum" it's probably just a "*** up" as it were. But considering all the other "oops" you start losing the benefit of the doubt. Though there is always ~30% that will never admit it, regardless of how many "accidents" happen.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-02 16:47:31
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
No, its simply pandering to an important, but hopefully small, segment of his base.

Trump, himself, most probably wasn't part of the process or even aware of it.

Rather like he wasn't aware of Juneteenth.
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 142 143 144