ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 142 143 144
By Eboneezer 2020-01-10 09:08:23
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
I'm not sure why opinion polls showing opposite responses is anything to go by. There's only one truth, this isn't about opinion polls...

And to further clarify on this, you randomly asked me my opinion on (America vs Russia) vs Nazi Germany. There isn't one truth, it's all subjective and opinions. You insinuated that only Americans believe this because of our limited and American only sources, so I went looking for the opinions of other countries. It doesn't show contradicting information like you claim. It showed all four of the countries polled, listing every country BUT the Soviet Union as the #1 contributor. So I guess you can take that up with those citizens for apparently also using limited and American only sources? Nothing you or I can present, will be fact on this topic. You didn't pose the question as who killed more Nazis, if that's what you were intending maybe? There is no tangible number to be found for an answer. Contribution is completely subjective.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2020-01-10 09:39:37
Link | Citer | R

None of them say America played a more important role than Russia
The very first sentence reads...
Eboneezer said: »
Although the United States played the dominant role

Why are Americans needed to maintain sovereignty? In summary, we, the UK, and other coalition allies, invaded Iraq and decimated their military and overthrew Husseign based on intelligence of Iraq having WMDs. None were found and Husseign claimed to have kept an appearance of having them in order to hold Iran at bay. The Syrian civil war spread and ISIS...er ISIL began taking over territories. Shias and Sunnis were fighting. Iran supported insurgent groups and Al-Qaeda was also fighting our coalition. We've been in Iraq fighting ISIS and trying to keep Iran from taking over.

No?
By Eboneezer 2020-01-10 09:41:45
Link | Citer | R

You google searched for something to justify your belief and posted the first image you found that did, regardless of its validity.

I literally searched, "Who contributed the most to defeat the Nazis" and it was the first and most relevant thing that came up. I didn't go scrolling to page 10 until i found something that supported my opinion. You're getting to be pretty ignorant here
[+]
By Eboneezer 2020-01-10 09:43:31
Link | Citer | R

But I'm going to bed for real now. Start a new topic, I'll go back and forth with your nonsense there when i wake up
By Eboneezer 2020-01-10 09:45:31
Link | Citer | R

Don't get me wrong, it is the same in Britain.
I guess it's the same all over except in your head
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-10 10:16:06
Link | Citer | R

Oh the old Petrodollar theory, that's largely been debunked. It's a left over theory from a few decades ago when the Middle East supplied most of our energy needs. Saudi accepts euros as currency by the way, always has. USD hasn't been a "world" currency for a long time, there is no singular "world" currency and hasn't been since electronic banking became a thing. Modern first world nations directly exchanging currency with each other was a big scare a decade ago, turned out to be incorrect.

The US currently is the largest oil producing nation in the world.

Yes let that sink in, the US currently produces more oil then any other nation on the planet, including Saudi. We can thank horizontal drilling, hydrolic fracking and a handful of other technological advances for that.

The US also is one of the worlds biggest consumers of hydrocarbons so we end up importing about ~20% more then we export. This makes the US largely energy independent, one of the few nations in the world to be such. Furthermore, a few years ago the US actually started exporting more natural gas then it imports and the US is now the worlds top natural gas producer.

Our economy no longer relies on oil at all, information is now the worlds new currency, or hasn't anyone noticed the ridiculous amount of data-mining that's been going on.

This is the reason the Middle East has started to destabilize lately along with countries like Venezuela. Any country that depends on Oil exports as it's economic backstop is facing very hard times. Most of the US-friendly middle east countries avoided this problem by embracing information technology and developing their own IT and E-commerce sectors.

Funny, the US defeated the middle east not by using bombs or sanctions, but by simply producing more oil and gas.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-10 16:39:17
Link | Citer | R

Justice Dept. winds down Clinton-related inquiry once championed by Trump. It found nothing of consequence.
WaPo on MSN.com

I bet Trump will not retire the "lock her up" chant over this.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-11 19:43:37
Link | Citer | R

Bro, stop moving the goalposts and state what your actual point is supposed to be. You went from stating basically that Americans are stupid for believing American narratives of history to stating that every other country does the exact same thing. You stated that there is "one truth" and acted like you know what that "one truth" is despite arguing the fact that every source is biased.

Essentially, you need to stop explaining why everyone but you is wrong and start proving why your point of view is right. Otherwise you're just a whiner with no actual argument.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-11 20:11:10
Link | Citer | R

There is nothing inconsistent about saying Americans are deluded by a biased narrative and also acknowledging that the narrative is biased in all countries. Only that Americans are more prone to falling for it.

There can only be one truth as to which country was the most decisive, and an opinion poll showing different answers thus is no logical proof of anything.

I really don't know what you are struggling with here.

Oh? Do you have any proof that Americans are more prone to falling for it, or is that based on popular opinion and subjective analysis?

And what is your proof to back up your "one truth as to which country was the most decisive"? You talk a big game, so maybe you can actually cite something to back up your statements? The phrase "most decisive" is in itself a subjective argument because it's not based on a numerical scale and takes into account a large number of other subjective arguments.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-11 21:14:16
Link | Citer | R

I tend to agree with DirectX but your exchange seriously lacks Trump content.
By Eboneezer 2020-01-11 21:53:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Oh? Do you have any proof that Americans are more prone to falling for it, or is that based on popular opinion and subjective analysis?

Good luck, the only responses I got were "you delusional Americans that believe your BS media" (which if he's paid attention to ANYTHING at all for the past year(s), we've been the ones critical of the media, or "your education on the subject is so limited to crap American sources."

My argument is that the impact of the different countries is completely subjective and is solely based on opinions. He disagrees. Yet he hasn't listed what exact metric is to be used to determine the "winner." I've acknowledged and pointed to how different historians argue the different impacts of each country and hesitate to name one as the one that "beat the nazis more than the others." I get his argument about the Soviets. i don't hate it. They hosted much of the fighting. They lost the most people. They killed the most Nazis. Honestly, I hate when people tell me what my opinion is before we even discuss the topic, and i like to argue, so I entertained the position he gave me. I do agree with it though, but don't hate if anyone feels differently. I know the major impact of crippling your enemies economy during war, pulling forces from the front lines to defend their capital, and reinforcing all of your military and allies' militaries with arms and supplies. It is what it is, two people with opinions. He keeps changing the arguments though and I try to keep chasing it with him. Ah well. It was fun.

Garuda.Chanti said: »
but your exchange seriously lacks Trump content.

I tried to steer it to its own topic numerous times!
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-11 22:11:51
Link | Citer | R

There is nothing inconsistent about saying Americans are deluded by a biased narrative and also acknowledging that the narrative is biased in all countries. Only that Americans are more prone to falling for it.

There can only be one truth as to which country was the most decisive, and an opinion poll showing different answers thus is no logical proof of anything.

What the *** are you talking about Donny ?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-01-11 22:39:15
Link | Citer | R

[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-12 09:30:29
Link | Citer | R

In actuality the country that did the most to help the allies win the war was Germany. And the person most responsible for that was Hitler.

I could draw up a bullet point list but it was all before Trump was born so I shan't.

If you wish to hear the arguments of someone who is educated in history make a "refighting WWII or something like it" thread and I will post in it.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-12 10:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

And what is your proof to back up your "one truth as to which country was the most decisive"? You talk a big game, so maybe you can actually cite something to back up your statements? The phrase "most decisive" is in itself a subjective argument because it's not based on a numerical scale and takes into account a large number of other subjective arguments.
Logically there can only have been one country which played the most decisive in winning the war. It cannot be simultaneously true that Britain, France and Russia did the most to win the war as the incredibly poor googled opinion poll showed. I really don't know what you are struggling to comprehend here. There cannot be 3 simultaneous realities. Only one country could have played the most decisive in the war.

I already gave 3 variables (duration of fighting, number of soldiers deployed and killed, and number of decisive battles won) but you're ignoring them to keep spewing rhetoric. Try having some content in your posts rather than raging deluded American ranting.

It's funny how easy it is to get the basket of deplorables to rage here. I said several pages ago I was more interested in discussing Syria, but it is funny that you are proving the side-point I made wonderfully. Good job.

Um, no. Duration of fighting is objective. Number of soldiers deployed and killed is objective. "Most decisive", however, is still a subjective argument to which you are assigning criteria that satisfy your viewpoint. There is no "one truth" unless an objective unit of measure is applied to the phrase.

I do enjoy that you think having someone point out simple logic is "raging", though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-12 13:03:15
Link | Citer | R

I get asked for what metrics I am using then get told my metrics are just subjective. Ok, I was asked what metrics I was using, but I am happy to discuss others.

Please propose additional or alternative metrics that could be used and we can discuss them.

Or are you just going to continue to spew rhetoric and contribute nothing to the discussion as usual?

?

I told you that some of the metrics you were using were objective. It’s the rest of your argument that is nonsense. You’re trying to proclaim that you are privy to a “one truth” on a subjective matter, which is impossible by definition. If you want to say, “Here is my opinion, and it’s backed up by these objective measures,” then great! That’s called an intelligent discussion. If you want to say, “Russia was the most decisive contributor to the win in World War II because of the great ‘One Truth’ and therefore anything you say against that is an inferior education brought on by propaganda,” then great! That suggests that we can end the discussion immediately because your understanding is not firmly rooted in reality and therefore it’s not worth the effort to debate you.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-12 17:45:54
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-01-12 22:58:13
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »

You did a good job on the mask over the face, but the skin color, which is one of the easiest photoshop fixes, is just awful. Find a way to make them match. And the text bubble over the tank? Try to make it look like than a cartoon and more of something that blends. I'll give it a 6 out of 10, only because the overall intention was a great attempt at humor.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 142 143 144