In Game Macro Sets

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » In game macro sets
In game macro sets
By lhova 2019-11-27 14:10:36
Link | Citer | R

Hello, new bard here and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction to 2019 bard macros. I have a Lua already but trying to setup the macros. Curious if most bards just have a macro template with dummy songs, melee songs, lullaby, etc. thank you.
 Asura.Superiority
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Superiority 2019-11-27 18:33:44
Link | Citer | R

I would say it kind of depends on the lua you are using. For example, Selindrile's bard lua has some code you would put into the first line of a pre-buff macro. Others differ or have different toggles. Mind telling us which one you are using?

Personally page 1 for me is set up for all combat-related macros. So weaponskills, debuffs/song-debuffs, utsusemi, and other combat-related functions.

Page 2 and beyond I use for buffing/song-buffing/single-target songs etc.

Otherwise I highly suggest you look into scripts that you can build and place in the scripts folder in Windower > Scripts folder. This way you can song buff with just 1 command.

For example here is a script I have called dummysong.txt:
Code
send yourName gs c set ExtraSongsMode Dummy; wait 1; ma "Herb Pastoral" <me>
wait 6
send yourName gs c set ExtraSongsMode Dummy; wait 1; ma "Ice Carol" <me>
wait 6
send yourName gs c set ExtraSongsMode Dummy; wait 1; ma "Wind Carol" <me>
wait 6
send yourName gs c set ExtraSongsMode Dummy; wait 1; ma "Army's Paeon" <me>

in my init.txt file i have this line:
Code
alias dummy exec dummysong.txt

So in game when you type //dummy it executes the script above. Handy way to do songs without many macros. You can make another script, or add onto this script that then does your Nitro and full buff songs.
By lhova 2019-11-27 22:38:26
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the reply man. A ls mate gave me his Lua so I don’t know if he created it or just tailored an existing Lua. Didn’t realize I would have to input command lines to make it work. I have new respect for bard, ***seems complicated. I’m accustomed to doing an action and my Lua changing the gear.
 Asura.Superiority
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Superiority 2019-11-28 22:03:41
Link | Citer | R

Well, again it kind of depends on the lua you have. For example I know some BRD luas, you just set the dummy songs in the lua, and once you cast them in-game it just auto-equips your harp. So again, part of it is determining that.

You could also disable the code that you dont want to use, and make in-game macros with in-game gear changes.

But I do suggest you learn your lua, its incredibly helpful and fulfills a lot of things to ease your game play! Both ways work!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1361 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: kyahaha
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2023-08-20 11:25:18
Link | Citer | R

omg i never knew this can be done and its like dam

this just made everything go so much more crazier on these, let alone ingame macros are only 6 lines too