[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-20 13:29:46
Link | Citer | R

Caerda said: »
Position of the mimic is always set in the bcnm. There is a number (it is not a small number either) of possibilities where it can be per zone, per orb type based on certain conditions/variables in the game. Nothing in the game is ever truly random. Some of us just figured out the importance of how the numbers relate to a game based on numbers is all.

And those who have do not include you. Sorry youre stuck talking about an in group youre not a part of :(
By Foxfire 2019-11-20 13:30:39
Link | Citer | R

we're all just taking things for granite
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-20 13:37:10
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
And those who have do not include you. Sorry youre stuck talking about an in group youre not a part of :(

You sure about that?

Positive, given your general lack of information. Either its all made up, or youre out of the loop.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-20 13:37:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
we're all just taking things for granite

That was a rocky pun
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-11-20 13:53:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
The chain is the key

Upvoted for elite Dark Souls tie in
By Josiahafk 2019-11-20 13:59:33
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Phoenix.Erics said: »
from what ive heard the mimic thing has something to do with coming in at a fast speed flee or w/e and the boxes "light up" then they adjust to draw distance and load. i didnt put much testing into it because i dont like wasting orbs.
caerda said it has nothing to do with jobs or abilities and is available in vanilla so at least one of you two is trolling. maybe both.

tyalangan said: »
If you flee and hit the gold chest it’s about 30 seconds because it takes into account that cutscene. If you have seen sub 20 seconds they are pos warping to the chest or have beyond flee speed enabled.
isn't there a addon that runs thru cutscenes quicker? could further reduce cleartime?
they could be using hermes quencher before going in, to get around that statement of "technically no abilites or jobs were used"
By Icydeath 2019-11-20 14:02:59
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Quote:

You sure about that?

Positive, given your general lack of information. Either its all made up, or youre out of the loop.

There is a lot more to it that I'm not telling for a reason. But my whole point is there is a method to do it and its not an exploit, lua or cheat. Happy hunting!

[+]
By spengler 2019-11-20 14:11:05
Link | Citer | R

he's trolling, no idea why you guys are wasting your time.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-20 14:19:16
Link | Citer | R

Unless you can post like 10 runs in a row with 9 chests opens, just that pic doesnt mean much.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-20 14:19:22
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »
You laugh, but given some of the other stuff we've seen in this game, would any of us really be that shocked?
Idiot Boy said: »
shocked

/shocked ???

I would /fume if that was the secret...
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-20 14:19:58
Link | Citer | R

If I knew where the mimic was I'd open all 9 boxes every time, just sayin
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-20 14:23:42
Link | Citer | R

If you know, there's no reason not to open all 9 every single time. you're passing up more louds
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-11-20 14:25:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
i don't see why it would matter how quickly you get there, they would have to intentionally code something to change how the chest displays

i looked at the data packets filling in the chests info(0x0e and 0x67) and they are identical for every chest aside from position,index,id(obviously they need different positions indices and ids to show up the way they do).. so there is literally nothing client side that would differentiate them because the server isn't giving the client information that could be used to show them differently

tldr; the packets have spoken yall posting in a troll thread

Yes, its a given client side doesnt have anything to help identifying the wrong/right chest, but what if there is a packet sent from client that makes the server provides an info?

For example, if one can send a packet he opened the chest without having actually opened it, would the game act like the chest was triggered or ignore it?

Or the idea of the thiefs tool i guess. It isnt something like asking server for an extra hint?
By Josiahafk 2019-11-20 14:26:20
Link | Citer | R

Now am I?
you can get Shamash robe from opening a single normal thud and exiting.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-20 14:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
For example, if one can send a packet he opened the chest without having actually opened it, would the game act like the chest was triggered or ignore it?

Opening the chest is 0x1a, which will either actually open the chest on the server or do nothing depending how far away the chest is. No way to do that.

The guy is trolling and you're all eating it up. Even if there were preset configurations, the amount of noises in each configuration makes it impossible to actually identify anything. Never mind that I've done 3 runs at a time with my multiboxing tool and had entirely different results on each character, so nothing tied to day/time/etc is valid either.

There is absolutely no reason for SE to put a pattern in this. Make an exploit just to have it be found and later patched? No. There is nothing. Zilch. Zero. Stop feeding him.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-20 14:31:47
Link | Citer | R

38080 isn't even close to the possible combinations.

He just admitted he doesn't know, so stop being gullible, k
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2019-11-20 14:36:36
Link | Citer | R

Lmao it sounds like the same beliefs of many years where people though direction/moon phase/element of the day mattered for crafting success/HQ, until SE was like "lol no"

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-20 14:49:02
Link | Citer | R

it's plainly obvious.

if you are a galka on firesday in balga's during waning moon below 75% but above 50%. simple as *** ***to see that the mimic will always be in the third chest in the front row from 12:00 to 6:00.

you guys are idiots
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-11-20 15:17:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
There is absolutely no reason for SE to put a pattern in this. Make an exploit just to have it be found and later patched? No. There is nothing. Zilch. Zero. Stop feeding him.
there is no reason for him to tell us that there is a way to determine the chest (with the exception of trolling ofc).

but there also never was a reason to make npcs sell items for less than they'd rebuy for...

caerda open wide, the plane comes flying!
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 29 30 31