The state of leveling
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-06 12:29:31
Link | Citer | R

This is only an Asura problem by the way.

Go to any other server and you will never, ever find anyone asking for REMA DDs for CP parties, Ambuscade, or any other content of similar difficulty. If you do... then they are the biggest idiots ever because they are essentially losing the chance to get a skilled player. Having a REMA does not automatically make you a good player.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-06 12:34:54
Link | Citer | R

Is it really a fair comparison when there literally aren't 6 people able to form a party on any server that isn't asura? can't be picky when you're desperate...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-06 13:05:23
Link | Citer | R

Also it's got nothing to do with what server you are on, CP parties and Ambuscade is casual content designed for all players. No one should have to build a REMA just so they can get in to a CP party or ambuscade. If a group is so high and mighty that they absolutely require a REMA, then they aren't doing their group any favours. Get someone in and actually do the content, instead of sitting around waiting for that perfect DD.

And you never know, that player you invited might like your group and want to join in the future because you gave them the opportunity to prove themselves. Would it be slightly slower? Perhaps. But I guess people care more about shaving 10-30 seconds off a run than establishing connections with other people. It's all about the gil right? Time is money and all that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-11-06 13:54:35
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-06 13:58:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Torzak said: »
A party leader can request whatever they want, for the most part.
To the OP, from this point on you should make your own party set-up. I've only ever shouted for an Aegis Paladin since the Ambuscade called for a high resistance to magic and ninja was out of the question. This is Asura, and it's not going to change anytime soon. . . unless you make your own party R15 makes everything easier, RENA make everything easier. I agree with you to a certain degree, but it can be resolved by making your own party. R15 & REMA, I only become concerned when the healer need to rest MP, then it's an issue. Or the paladin geared with flamma because he needs the haste, this happened. Just make your own party.
Edit: bold is bold lol

I LIKE TO USE ALL CAPS TO MAKE VERY BIG POINTS AND IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN.
By fonewear 2019-11-06 14:00:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-11-06 14:12:20
Link | Citer | R

Op

Keep grinding... don't let those lonely people who can't get w3 clears while acting they are the best thing to happen since sliced bread bring you down

You are a king my dude... if you keep at it you can do anything...
 Asura.Reichleiu
Serveur: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-11-06 14:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Time is money and all that.

You got it

Why would I waste my time in XI when I could be spending that time with my 9 month old son, or family, or out mountain biking, or working on any number of things that would better my life. Spending hours in game, in sub-optimal setups, takes me away from everything else that's more important to me.

If I can gain more CP an hour, or do more ambuscades per hour, or literally do anything faster... why wouldn't I?

To the OP. REMAs are not a requirement for most content in this game. It's more nuanced than that, but people don't understand nuance. So they default to asking for REMA DDs to try and gage the commitment someone has to their job. There is obviously a lot more to it than that. Your best bet is to work your own sets out and then start a party yourself. If you're doing it as COR, gearing up to a basic 2019 standard is pretty easy.

That being said, no one is going to carry you. You will have to figure most of it out on your own at first.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Torzak 2019-11-06 14:21:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
don't let those lonely people who can't get w3 clears while acting they are the best thing to happen since sliced bread bring you down

That's a hell of an assumption that brings rather little to the discussion.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Get someone in and actually do the content, instead of sitting around waiting for that perfect DD.

Getting AG or R15 DD for a CP party on Asura isn't really that hard. Unless you're Ronstandt.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2019-11-06 14:52:01
Link | Citer | R

kishr said: »
Too lazy to make a rema, too lazy to make your own group.
You assume much.......I do own a few rema.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-11-06 16:24:26
Link | Citer | R

Of course the has been thinks I'm talking about him...
By Jetackuu 2019-11-06 16:34:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nobody is coddling.

Agree to this disagree on account that I can read! "Ignore them!" "They're idiots!" "People suck!" If you don't see that people are trying to pat his little head as hard and as fast as they can, then that's your deficiency.

Some people enjoy CP parties (they remind them of the old), me I like to go in and get as many as fast as possible and move on. Capping in less than 2 hours is ideal (pretty easy bar to set). People need to gitgud.
By Torzak 2019-11-06 16:34:44
Link | Citer | R

Of course the assumer would assume that.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-11-06 19:52:37
Link | Citer | R

Torzak said: »
Of course the assumer would assume that.

Says the assumer who assumed my comment was aimed at him - lmao nice come back my guy -
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-11-06 21:23:22
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2019-11-06 21:37:11
Link | Citer | R

Can come to bismarck and I'll PL anyone inside or outside of campaign I dont really care either way
[+]
By Torzak 2019-11-07 09:13:50
Link | Citer | R

Says the assumer who assumed my comment was aimed at him - lmao nice come back my guy -

You're assumptions are out of this world haha. I didn't assume the comment was aimed at anyone in particular, including myself, because what you said, and what I quoted, applied to a multitude of people: "those lonely people who can't get w3 clears".

This was a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE assumption that brought absolutely nothing to the discussion.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-11-07 09:54:43
Link | Citer | R

I hit a nerve with the lonely didn't I?

Its ok... I can be your friend

(Belittling people because they aren't putting in crazy hours into a 17yo game didnt bring anything to the table either)
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2019-11-07 10:24:16
Link | Citer | R

Fone: "This thread has potential"
[+]
By Torzak 2019-11-07 10:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Belittling people because they aren't putting in crazy hours into a 17yo game didnt bring anything to the table either

Quote me, so we can see how much you took it out of context.
 Bismarck.Chiisaku
user: Matokoto
By Bismarck.Chiisaku 2019-11-07 11:04:20
Link | Citer | R

COME QUOTE ME BRO!!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-11-07 11:06:30
Link | Citer | R

I will cede this point: 8-10 years ago this game was built much more around leveling and meripo than it is today. XP was a legitimate in-game activity that you often committed months at 3-4 hours/day in order to have your job hit 75 and get merits.

Nowadays the game is built almost exclusively around events and fights, and leveling up jobs is merely an ugly necessity to be powered thru, or even purchased these days.

Dont' give me *** about how these days people have more responsibilities and thus don't have the time to XP now vs old school. If leveling up was still a fundamental part of the game experience, people would still find time to do it, or they wouldn't play FFXI. SE realized that there was less motivation to kill tens of thousands of the same damn mob for weeks on end than there was for big encounters or dungeon crawls, and changed the design of the game to move away from leveling, simple as that.

And once they made the decision to increase exp/kill up to 30 times what it used to be and trusts, leveling as we knew it was done. And opened the door for merc'ing leveling, and turned it into a necessary evil vs an integral part. So those who choose to at least level on their own vs pay for it want it done fast. This leads to derps thinking that what your right hand holds is more important than what's between your ears or on your body.

I still don't understand people paying for others to play the game for them, be it merc'ing gear/weapons or leveling...I personally pay SE to let me play the game, not to stand around town in shinies as fast as possible. But hey, you do you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-11-07 11:44:21
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
I just recently moved server from Carby to Asura and I have noticed one thing, when was it a requirement to have a REMA weapon just to do a leveling group? I have come across many that want BiS REMA people to go get merits/CP with but then again such people wouldn't really need to do suc h things cause they are most likely capped on everything. So why are people wanting the best of the best when most do not have such.

There's your problem. I still don't understand why people willingly waste $18 to join a server filled with cancer.

You don't need R15 anything to EXP. Your kill speed shouldn't make much of a difference unless the other party members are gimp and aren't cutting it. I have 13 mastered jobs and my highest DD weapon is Rank 8.
By fonewear 2019-11-07 12:03:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
Fone: "This thread has potential"

It does.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-07 12:05:37
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't recommend mercing job points but CP parties are boring as hell.

So that gil you spent getting to master versus various levels of ***tier to ok CP parties.

Do you value your time or your gil more ?

Especially the first 500 points they suck a lot.