users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranged attacks not working
Ranged attacks not working
 Shiva.Shinseijuro
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shinseijuro 2019-10-23 14:17:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if this is common, or just exclusive to me. The other ranger in my LS reported this does happen on occasion. The issue of hitting your /ra macro and you enter the animation but it ends as if you're paralyzed. I have to keep spamming the macro and the shot will finally go off. Is there any information about this? Happens on cor with mythic gun, but not as much as when I use the mythic crossbow. Any info would be helpful.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-23 15:24:26
Link | Citer | R

Huh, that is strange. Hope someone gets some information out to you, that must be super annoying
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-10-23 15:30:58
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like to me, you have gearswap issues. I have all the guns and no problems reported here.

If you keep ammo in your sets (which i don't suggest) Is it perhaps a problem of your midshot changing range/ammo? It sounds that way.

Post your LUA and lets take a gander.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-10-23 16:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Are you in Dyna D for this? I see this on COR in there - the packet loss prevents your game client from being informed that the shot finished and whether it hit or missed.

Edit: If not, go to a low level area and reproduce it there - if it doesn't seem to finish the shot and the target mob doesn't either die to retaliate, then it's probably a GS issue.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-23 16:21:59
Link | Citer | R

The same thing happens if you make your equipment invalid, so it could be either. If it happens outside of instances, definitely look at your gearswap/ac.
 Shiva.Shinseijuro
By Shiva.Shinseijuro 2019-10-23 19:07:50
Link | Citer | R

Ahh, I will take a look at that in GS! Thanks guys
 Shiva.Shinseijuro
By Shiva.Shinseijuro 2019-10-23 19:18:20
Link | Citer | R

And yes, it's mostly Dyna D where I see it happening. The last time it happened was omen. I might have to pay attention to what ammo swaps where.
By Afania 2019-10-23 19:30:41
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Sounds like to me, you have gearswap issues. I have all the guns and no problems reported here.

If you keep ammo in your sets (which i don't suggest) Is it perhaps a problem of your midshot changing range/ammo? It sounds that way.

Post your LUA and lets take a gander.

Happens to vanilla equipset in Dyna D to. Ammo doesn't swap fast enough in Dyna D because of lag so ranged attack fails quite often.

Outside of Dyna D this never happens.

I've found that if my macro has nothing but /ra(basically, separating ra command and Command that swaps gears)then it happens waaaay less often.
By Afania 2019-10-23 19:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Shinseijuro said: »
I'm not sure if this is common, or just exclusive to me. The other ranger in my LS reported this does happen on occasion. The issue of hitting your /ra macro and you enter the animation but it ends as if you're paralyzed. I have to keep spamming the macro and the shot will finally go off. Is there any information about this? Happens on cor with mythic gun, but not as much as when I use the mythic crossbow. Any info would be helpful.

What is the error message that shows when your character paralyzed after ra? It says something right?
 Shiva.Shinseijuro
By Shiva.Shinseijuro 2019-10-23 21:06:26
Link | Citer | R

Nope, doesn't say anything just behaves like paralyze. Aim, put gun away.
 Shiva.Shinseijuro
By Shiva.Shinseijuro 2019-10-23 23:12:06
Link | Citer | R

Actually, now that you mention it, this only happened after I got Aeonic gun. I TP with Chrono bullets now. With Xbow, I use Abrasion, Scouts, and Quelling. I feel it the most with Xbow.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-10-24 05:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Yep, i figured it was gearswap :P
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-24 06:48:35
Link | Citer | R

This is the reason, and it happens to me as well. I use vanilla gearsets, but if you change ammo mid-shot, it will cancel the shooting entirely.

example
quickshot in animikii bullet
immediately range attack, which uses chrono bullet (and you don't equip your tp bullet before your /ra macro begins pointing your gun)
result:
You will aim your weapon for a brief moment and then tuck it away, but the log will not explain why it did not fire off. The ammo swap prevented that particular action from being performed.

I guess realistically, you have to "load" your ammo before you shoot, not while you're shooting. makes sense why they never released any Snapshot+ ammunition, as that wouldn't work if you used it for preshot purposes
By Afania 2019-10-24 12:09:14
Link | Citer | R

Yep, i figured it was gearswap :P

I doubt it. If it's a GS error it will happen regardless of job/ammo/weapon.

Shiva.Shinseijuro said: »
Actually, now that you mention it, this only happened after I got Aeonic gun. I TP with Chrono bullets now. With Xbow, I use Abrasion, Scouts, and Quelling. I feel it the most with Xbow.

Try to shoot in your WS bullet instead and never use QD(with the power of TS it's not like using QD betwewn shots even gain DPS these days) and see if this still happens.

Or try what I did which was separating Ra <t> from swapping gears
... Although I think you may need to play without lua to do that.