22 STP for the only times you'd use the relic boots
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-03-03 10:31:43
Link | Citer | R

Bingo. The relic feet give you 7 sTP when you're not facing the mob, and 22 sTP when you are. While 22 sTP is a lot, it's not really that game changing when you look at the rest of the set and put it in context with what it is that dancer does; even less so when you consider we don't always face the mob. Let's be real here; dancer is amazing at getting tp with or without terpsichore. The empyrean feet are unconditionally 12 sTP no matter which direction the mob is facing. The defense, evasion, and magic eva are nice boons (you will resist more status debuffs over time), but that -10 dt is the real deal. That's huge on a piece that's built for tp anyway. I still have my horos toe shoes +3 macroed into box, quick, and stutter steps for that extra 20 tp saved per step (empyrean feet for feather step ofc), but that's the only use I get out of them nowadays. For everything else I'll take the empyrean feet. It's just got a superb stat line. It's everything you could ask for in a tp piece.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2024-03-03 10:48:48
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
General rule of thumb, in content that it matters, you should be getting full buffs and should assume you're at the (magic) haste cap. In solo situations, even with trusts you will always be very close to, if not capped. Of course, if you're relying on trusts, it's probably not content that a little more DW will make a difference.

One exception to this I'll throw out there is V25 Arebati. On the first key item the typical setup is Dnc, Drg, Smn, Bst, Rdm, Whm. The bard, geo, and cor are saved for KI2 with the ranger setup. Because of this you won't be capped on haste since you only get haste 2 and haste samba only adds another 10% haste, leaving you 5 haste shy. You need an extra 7 dual wield beyond our native traits to cap, which just so happens to be what Reiki Yotai gives us. You'll wanna throw that into your tp set if you ever dancer for KI 1 on the V25 lion fight. It brings you right up to the haste cap perfectly.
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-03-03 11:06:56
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
I was thinking maybe Herc feet with TA+4 more than anything

Just no lol.

That being said Melliny's TP set is clearly biased and not really bis. Lehko's + Gleti's Gauntlets are simply worse than Epona's + Malignance Gloves. I understand Melliny was trying to build around Lehko's, so he thought even more crit rate from Gleti's gloves would be good, but that's overrated for any set with Centovente offhand (which is almost always those days). Below attack cap Malignance+Epona's are break even for DPS, but much better defensively and for capped attack scenario they are also better for DPS. Another ring option is Moonlight, which is slightly worse for dps, but will balance HP between TP and WS set. Lehko's could be bis for Terpsi, but then you would most likely pair it with Malignance gloves.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-03 12:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
haste samba only adds another 10% magic haste

Irrelevant when not capping haste but haste samba does not give magic haste

(Do not want people who don't know any better to become confused by this)
[+]
By K123 2024-03-03 13:37:38
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
Store TP+7 on base
Store TP+3~15 when facing the mob
But they're empyrean in the set so wtf are we talking about relic for.
By K123 2024-03-03 13:39:01
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Just no lol.

That being said Melliny's TP set is clearly biased and not really bis. Lehko's + Gleti's Gauntlets are simply worse than Epona's + Malignance Gloves. I understand Melliny was trying to build around Lehko's, so he thought even more crit rate from Gleti's gloves would be good, but that's overrated for any set with Centovente offhand (which is almost always those days). Below attack cap Malignance+Epona's are break even for DPS, but much better defensively and for capped attack scenario they are also better for DPS. Another ring option is Moonlight, which is slightly worse for dps, but will balance HP between TP and WS set. Lehko's could be bis for Terpsi, but then you would most likely pair it with Malignance gloves.
Show me sets in pretty pictures so I can see what you are saying is bis overall.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-03 13:40:27
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
Store TP+7 on base
Store TP+3~15 when facing the mob
But they're empyrean in the set so wtf are we talking about relic for.

I'm the one who brought it up, so let me elucidate a bit for you.

Empy are in the set because they're tankier. If I wanted to go for something squishier than the set he posted, I'd go for the relic feet (because they have more STP). With these two options available (relic, empy), there's no reason to go for something EVEN squishier which also has worse stats across the board.

If you want to be tanky, go for empy feet. If you don't mind being a bit squishy, go for relic feet. Under no circumstances would you ever wear herc feet.
By SimonSes 2024-03-03 14:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Just no lol.

Show me sets in pretty pictures so I can see what you are saying is bis overall.

Melliny's set from last page, just with two swaps I mentioned.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I'm the one who brought it up, so let me elucidate a bit for you.

Empy are in the set because they're tankier. If I wanted to go for something squishier than the set he posted, I'd go for the relic feet (because they have more STP). With these two options available (relic, empy), there's no reason to go for something EVEN squishier which also has worse stats across the board.

If you want to be tanky, go for empy feet. If you don't mind being a bit squishy, go for relic feet. Under no circumstances would you ever wear herc feet.

The question is.. are closed position merits worth it still, if we default to empy+3 feet. Imo no. I prefer 5/5 No foot rise and 4/5 Fan Dance (Waltz recast reduction is very nice for Divine Waltzes).
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2024-03-03 14:29:54
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The question is.. are closed position merits worth it still, if we default to empy+3 feet. Imo no. I prefer 5/5 No foot rise and 4/5 Fan Dance (Waltz recast reduction is very nice for Divine Waltzes).

I already made that merit swap when I upgraded my feet to the empyrean. Closed position is only really good if you're using the relic feet, and as a few people have chimed in agreement on, that's kind of outdated. The shortened waltz time with fan dance up is quite noticeable. 5/5 No foot rise is too good to pass up, and 1/5 sabre dance is sufficient there. So Instead of 1/5 fan dance and 3/5 closed position for the remaining merits I just dumped everything left into fan dance.

5/5 No Foot Rise
1/5 sabre dance
4/5 fan dance
0/5 closed position

Empyrean feet in my tp set. That's what I've been running with for a while now.

Quote:
Melliny's set from last page, just with two swaps I mentioned.

Malignance gloves versus R30 gleti's gauntlets is 4 sTP, 5 -dt, and 5 strength versus 70 attack, 6 crit rate, -7PDT and 3 PDL. That could go either way and is likely content dependent. Gleti's has an extra 30 physical defense too. There's justification to go either rout. Both are perfectly fine imo.

I'll give a nod to the epona's versus lehko's ring comparison though. I picked lehko's and I've added it to almost all of my sets. I think the only job I don't use it on is monk.
By K123 2024-03-03 15:11:32
Link | Citer | R

Empy are in the set because they're tankier. If I wanted to go for something squishier than the set he posted, I'd go for the relic feet (because they have more STP).
Right. I agree that there's no point using something that requires the mob facing you unless solo though.
By SimonSes 2024-03-03 15:49:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
Malignance gloves versus R30 gleti's gauntlets is 4 sTP, 5 -dt, and 5 strength versus 70 attack, 6 crit rate, -7PDT and 3 PDL. That could go either way and is likely content dependent. Gleti's has an extra 30 physical defense too. There's justification to go either rout. Both are perfectly fine imo.

You forgot about 37 meva more on Malignance. All the advantages of Gleti's go towards white damage and white damage it's devalued with Centovente offhand. This is even more true for Mpu Gandring than Twashtar (Prime only TripleDamage on first hit). If you insist on using Gleti's tho, then you should put -10%MDT on the cape imo and then it has some sense, because you can reach 50%MDT and has 8 more MDB than Malignance.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-03 15:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Empy are in the set because they're tankier. If I wanted to go for something squishier than the set he posted, I'd go for the relic feet (because they have more STP).
Right. I agree that there's no point using something that requires the mob facing you unless solo though.

There also exist mobs with little/no conal moves, in which case you can just stand in front of it regardless if you're solo or with your 17 closest friends.

Also depends where you're using DNC, because Fan Dance removes your ability to use Haste Samba and Saber Dance, so it's gotta be a pretty specific situation.

YMMV, DNC group 2 merits are a tough decision to make no matter what, I don't think there's any universal answer to it.
[+]
By K123 2024-03-03 16:14:41
Link | Citer | R

There also exist mobs with little/no conal moves, in which case you can just stand in front of it regardless if you're solo or with your 17 closest friends.
That isn't "trash" that you could use Herc feet or anything for?
By Taint 2024-03-03 17:04:08
Link | Citer | R

DA back for TP?
By Nariont 2024-03-03 17:31:28
Link | Citer | R

personally prefer STP but either works imo
By SimonSes 2024-03-03 20:45:46
Link | Citer | R

DA shows much better result in sheet. Even when saber up.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-03 23:06:53
Link | Citer | R

YMMV, DNC group 2 merits are a tough decision to make no matter what, I don't think there's any universal answer to it.

as an aside to this I really like Saber Dance merits. even if I'm not using it in the fight cause I have to backup heal, you can just pop Saber Dance then put up a long duration Haste Samba and cancel the SD. Unlike Fan Dance where if you do that it removes your existing Samba for the benefit it gives. I like not having to use Haste Samba as often. It isn't huge (about 30 extra seconds) but compared to the other G2 merits I feel like I get more use out of it.
By SimonSes 2024-03-04 01:04:32
Link | Citer | R

DA shows much better result in sheet. Even when saber up.

That is only true for Twashtar. sTP one has an edge for Prime.
 Shiva.Myamoto
Serveur: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-03-09 08:02:01
Link | Citer | R

This may sound ignorant... but outside of AM, Aeneas tp bonus has got to be comparable to twashtar damage bonus no? I don't have twashtar but I enjoy using Aeneas/Cento with moonshade. My Rudras are 3k value at 1250 tp which is nice and convenient. Just wondering if anyone has any numbers to report before I consider making Twashtar.

Aeonic dagger just seems to fit very nicely on Dancer so never bothered with making Twashtar.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-09 09:53:05
Link | Citer | R

Short answer: in a real world scenario not really

Long answer: Base Rudra TP is 2250 w/ Centovente and Moonshade. Puts minimum fTP at 10.8925. W/ Aeneas you're at 12.2975. Twashtar 10% puts you at about 11.98175. This is before even considering TP overflow and the fact that Twashtar has a higher maximum damage just based on the fact that it gets 750 more tp worth of headroom w/ the additional 10% multiplier that Aeneas can never have whereas Aeneas gets only 250, and also ignores Twashtar's 70DEX adding 56 base damage (net of 38 base dmg in favor of Twashtar). Also ignores Twashtar aftermath contribution to overall damage dealt.

If you're WSing at 1000TP every time without variance sure, Aeneas is going to be close. Only takes one or two attack rounds for Teash to start pulling ahead.
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-03-09 09:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Twashtar is around 12-14% ahead in DPS, but not that much with WS damage, assuming you try to spam Rudra.
In real scenario if you tp overflow, 3000 effective TP Twashtars Rudra is over 20% stronger than Aeneas's.
 Shiva.Myamoto
Serveur: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-03-09 10:01:48
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for info, much appreciated.
By jubes 2024-03-25 23:06:27
Link | Citer | R

does violent flourish just not land on some things that stun does? specifically i'm trying to stun death prophet from mantis family and using gear with macc to help it land. however, it never does. stun works fine, but violent flourish hits and never stuns.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-25 23:18:56
Link | Citer | R

So they're earth based and since flourish doesn't have the same macc bonus (+200*) the spell does it might not land well.
By jubes 2024-03-25 23:38:17
Link | Citer | R

yeah this is the one in legion so i know hit rate is capped, and i can only assume macc is too with ilvl dagger + armor. gonna test it on some other mobs, might just be something with that specific one

lands fine on nq mantis in reisenjima, waiting for an ascended to use the move.

got it to land on the legion one, must have just been unlucky.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-25 23:44:49
Link | Citer | R

If it werent gain-money I wouldve real quick.

Just try a normal mantid in reisenjima see if it stuns at all

Then the escha-ruann/vw pop. Then either threnody and/or sudden lunge to see whats going on.
 Fenrir.Positron
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2024-03-26 03:55:48
Link | Citer | R

jubes said: »
does violent flourish just not land on some things that stun does? specifically i'm trying to stun death prophet from mantis family and using gear with macc to help it land. however, it never does. stun works fine, but violent flourish hits and never stuns.

Stun has a whole bunch of resist states so partial resists have a high chance of landing anyway. Violent Flourish, as far as I know, does not. If you fail the macc check the Stun just fails every time.

I'm surprised it's an issue in Legion, though. I have no issue landing it on much higher level enemies in Sortie that are susceptible to Stun.
By jubes 2024-03-26 04:06:35
Link | Citer | R

pretty gimp character with ambuscade +2 armor, but switching from meghanada to mummu seems to have been enough difference for that mob. i do wonder though since the description mentions a low chance to stun, if the move had problems landing before ilvl gear solved everything with tons of macc.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-26 07:03:06
Link | Citer | R

Oh come on you were using meghanda with zero macc... you said you were using macc gear.

You weren't short 200 macc, you were short 500 macc. Of course it wasn't stunning...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35