users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 33 34 35
By SimonSes 2020-07-03 16:50:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
BTW, Shijin Plague barely lands on anything.
I'm pretty confident it lands on a lot of stuff, but you need a specific set with macc, like Malignance x5 etc.
Most people care just for the damage and of course with such a setup the Plague ain't gonna stick on anything meaningful.

I think the same. I even use malignance 5/5 for it when I use it with Veret as opening WS, because its damage doesnt matter that much then.
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2020-07-21 14:52:58
Link | Citer | R

A couple questions about the new odyssey augmentable gear. Would the +45 Acc and the +10 Dex make the Demersal Degen+1 worth it, or does the skill hit for swords still hurt it too much over, say, Blurred Knife +1? And would the augmented Kentarch Belt +1 beat the Grunfeld Rope? Double the str and dex, but you do lose the attack.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-07-21 16:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Generally speaking, a job like DNC that has a ton of MA from equip (and a JA like Saber Dance) isn't going to get as much out of an OAX offhand, since OAX is near the bottom of MA priority order.

With that said, if you still want to go ahead w/ OAX offhand, you'd be losing about ~80 acc between dagger and a sword, so Degen's not gonna make that up. Also have to figure in Degen's higher delay, so it doesn't seem to be worth it as an offhand.

Aug'd Kentarch should be new BIS for Rudras in most situations.
 Asura.Cicion
Serveur: Asura
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2020-07-26 19:11:48
Link | Citer | R

So if you building flourish you get weapon skill damage +20% on your next WS with job points. If you use twice before said WS are you getting +40% or just doubling your base effect of acc att crit of building?
 Sylph.Ticktick
Serveur: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-07-27 01:01:43
Link | Citer | R

i'm 99% sure building flourish doesn't stack with itself
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-27 01:55:43
Link | Citer | R

So what's this thing that you can't use Feather Step on a target that just received the Crit Eva- debuff from Stardiver?

Never heard it before.
By Nariont 2020-07-27 02:02:19
Link | Citer | R

unless bewildered daze is the debuff stardiver applies i dont see how that works
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-27 03:26:10
Link | Citer | R

It's two separate debuffs with different effects but they share the debuff slot, so if one is up the other can't and vice-versa?
It's what some people I know have been discussing lately and honestly it caught me as a big surprise because I never heard anything like that before and, if it's real, it sounds like a bug.

Steps are meant to be unique and to be able to stack with everything else, so I dunno, I'm really puzzled about this.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-27 04:53:19
Link | Citer | R

The status associated with feather step is bewildered daze and the one associated with stardicer is critical hit defense down.

They stack
[+]
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2020-07-27 06:18:27
Link | Citer | R

It's something we noticed in this month ambuscade, basically the dancer applied feather step with presto and it applied a lvl 10 daze. Checking the logs every time this happened Stardiver was used before the step. This would mean that Stardiver applies a level 5 daze
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-27 06:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
It's something we noticed in this month ambuscade, basically the dancer applied feather step with presto and it applied a lvl 10 daze. Checking the logs every time this happened Stardiver was used before the step. This would mean that Stardiver applies a level 5 daze
Yeah but this makes no sense, unless SE recently changed something and broke that as consequence.

That or Ice's chat log is broken, but I don't think that's the case because the Daze level 10 thing was consistant, and when the DRG wasn't playing you would see the level 5 before just fine.

I dunno, I'm really puzzled about this.
 Bahamut.Harribel
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Harribel 2020-07-27 07:33:33
Link | Citer | R

Can also independently confirm that we were CP'ing DRG + DNC in the last month and a single presto feather step would report level 10 every time because I opened stardiver for my shining one.

We were also very confused.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-27 07:35:42
Link | Citer | R

I wonder what's going on here >___>
Chatlog packets issue or real issue?
By Crossbones 2020-07-27 09:40:37
Link | Citer | R

It's spaghetti.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-27 09:56:18
Link | Citer | R

Gotta just be a real issue, but I think if you use Stardiver and wait something other than Bewildered Daze wears off.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-27 10:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm, would be interesting to test this in PVP and see what status effect you see from the recipient side. Do you see crit eva- AND a daze? Or does it some how convert into a daze only?

EDIT: Oh, there's also the test on that abyssea mob that copies debuffs to the player... I forget the name. But that would be a good test in case this doesn't work the same on players.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-27 10:54:20
Link | Citer | R

Limules with molting burst, iirc
 Bismarck.Zalena
VIP
Serveur: Bismarck
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Zalena 2020-07-27 11:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »

I saw that too from a ls mate, i was like wait what the heck, how did he do that.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-27 13:13:58
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Hmmm, would be interesting to test this in PVP and see what status effect you see from the recipient side. Do you see crit eva- AND a daze? Or does it some how convert into a daze only?

EDIT: Oh, there's also the test on that abyssea mob that copies debuffs to the player... I forget the name. But that would be a good test in case this doesn't work the same on players.
Even if we exclude temporary bugs, the fact that 2 debuffs have different names/icons doesn't necessarily mean that they absolutely stack together 100%, right?
I know there probably aren't many examples but still.
Granted here it seems more complex, it seems more like they stack and that Stardiver is transformed as if it were 5 stacks of Bewildered Gaze when you use Feather Step? It's... very very odd.

Either way, from the reports it seems this thing is real and not just my friends being stoopeed.
I wonder how long this has been going on.
From the beginning? I doubt, other people would have noticed, so I assume it's gotta be something that got changed somewhat recently.
When they did the DRG update maybe?
By SimonSes 2020-07-27 14:20:00
Link | Citer | R

From the beginning? I doubt, other people would have noticed

Actually I really doubt that. How frequently you have dnc and drg in one party AND you apply other box, than box step AND drg is hitting stardiver before step AND target is not dead after Stardiver AND it happens several times in a row, so people actually dont think it was just a lag AND person noticing it is active on forum?

The answer is "VERY rarely" :P
By Afania 2020-07-27 18:40:49
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Actually I really doubt that. How frequently you have dnc and drg in one party AND you apply other box,

It doesn't have to be in the same party no? So any alliance content would have a good chance to pt together.
By SimonSes 2020-07-27 19:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
SimonSes said: »

Actually I really doubt that. How frequently you have dnc and drg in one party AND you apply other box,

It doesn't have to be in the same party no? So any alliance content would have a good chance to pt together.

True, but in alliance content its even easier to miss it in the chat log, think its a dynamis/packet loss lag or not fight the same monster.

Even when I play DNC I dont even look at what lvl of gaze I apply with my first Presto Steps. I only pay attention when mob is living long enough to make me reuse certain steps because debuff is about to wear off or I need FMs and I already maxed out all Steps. Otherwise I look at timers, hp, target animation and when I look at chat I only focus to catch things like Target is readying something or my accuracy is not ok etc.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-27 20:44:49
Link | Citer | R

Frequently enough that if we seriously think it has always been this way I can probably do some clever grepping and find a situation from years ago where I saw Stardiver -> Feather
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-27 23:27:56
Link | Citer | R

I've never noticed it before, I haven't been on DNC in ages. I was crazy ocd on feather step, especially before the DNC patch that powered up presto I would have noticed it.
Have a long time friend who's crazy on drg, would've 100% noticed it if things were like that since the beginning.

I think this started happening sometimes around the DRG and/or DNC job patches, if not even more recently.

What I'm wondering though: is this meant to be? Because it sounds like a bug to me. Should we report it on official forums?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-27 23:33:00
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
08-23-2015 09:36 AM #1
AkiraHeaven
In-Game Bugs Insufficient Information
Dnc Daze effect skipping to lvl10

Not sure what causes it, but I use Presto + Feather step, and randomly makes the daze effect skip to lvl10, sometimes on the first use.
Also happens without using Presto.

(may or may not be related, they never followed up)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-27 23:42:26
Link | Citer | R

And that "random" would be stardiver?
Probably more conditions required.

If that's the case not worth reporting it.
Wonder if Stardiver's additional effect is a mistranslation then.
Even if it is, it still doesn't make much sense it gives steps stacks.

I'm surprised steps could go up to 10 already in 2015 BTW, thought that change came later.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-27 23:51:41
Link | Citer | R

really easy to test, 10 second thing, any 2box can do it

If you can get a log of feather going from 1 > Stardiver > 10

I'd bug report it.

(*) sidenote, if you do it, I would also 10 > stardiver > featherstep without presto to see if it drops the 10 back to 5~

and/or stardiver > nonpresto feather step to see how many steps stardiver is worth
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-27 23:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Double: on the page https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Daze the talk about presto still has 2 instead of 5. If one of you want to fix that.

Quote:
Presto advances next the Step by two levels.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-28 00:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Double: on the page https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Daze the talk about presto still has 2 instead of 5. If one of you want to fix that.

Quote:
Presto advances next the Step by two levels.

That's residual from the DNC update from a year ago. Whoever recently edited the Presto page that noted the same error did not fix the daze page
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-28 00:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, they updated prestos page, and not dazes page

Why I posted it, I didn't want to change it
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 33 34 35