Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 198 199 200
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 12:30:23
Link | Citer | R

Well first, they need to actually create a viable softball league. The main league folded 20 years ago and all there is now is a 6 team league, with half the teams not even having a home stadium. The sport took a huge hit when the IOC dropped it from the Olympics because it wasn't competitive. Team USA won something like 108 straight international games. Other countries just don't play softball. I think it's returning as an exhibition sport in Tokyo '20 (I know baseball is). They can go from there, but the reality for softball is, after the collegiate level, there is currently no career in the sport.
By Nausi 2019-07-10 12:37:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
What's your solution for the much bigger baseball/softball disparity, Vic?
Why to pretend women and men are the same of course.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 12:50:05
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
What's your solution for the much bigger baseball/softball disparity, Vic?
Why to pretend women and men are the same of course.

Aww, you missed your window to troll, what a shame. Better luck on your next post.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-10 13:08:20
Link | Citer | R

So, what you're saying is, the degree of interest in the sport and the league's annual intake of money simply does not provide a foundation on which the women can receive equal pay?

I love it when you accidentally make my points for me.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 13:52:37
Link | Citer | R

So, what you're saying is, the degree of interest in the sport and the league's annual intake of money simply does not provide a foundation on which the women can receive equal pay?

Too bad soccer is an international sport and has nothing to do with your irrelevant softball example. Soccer is not an American sport, it generates a ton of money outside the US. And now that the women have proven they can bring the same level of play and same tv ratings, Europe is investing.
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 14:01:12
Link | Citer | R

This post makes me think you don't even understand how soccer even works. There is a difference between international play and league play. One of these is a private league(s) that has regular seasons that generate its own revenue, the other one is an international round robin that operates on a wildly different schedule in terms of qualifying and the actual tournaments, and that revenue is not shared with the leagues at all. There is no reason for there to be two different international pay scales, just merge them.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-10 14:04:49
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

Too bad soccer is an international sport and has nothing to do with your irrelevant softball example. Soccer is not an American sport, it generates a ton of money outside the US. And now that the women have proven they can bring the same level of play and same tv ratings, Europe is investing.

I was never talking exclusively about soccer. That is your own false assumption. I have been addressing equal pay in sports in general. It works for a handful of sports, but not the majority. You've supported my point already, so you can stop. Thanks!
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 14:53:14
Link | Citer | R

lol, that's cute. I already addressed the fact there were only a small number of professional sports that are actually played by both men and women. Baseball is not one of them. Soccer is. Tennis, Golf, Basketball, thats pretty much it. Tennis has a successful equal pay model that has caused the sport to flourish, especially for women. Soccer will too, at some point.
By Nausi 2019-07-10 15:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Wow vic BTFO-ed once again. He's like the protagonist inkarate kid at the beginning of the movie, continuously hetting beat down.

Except in this movie, never gets any better and only gets worse and thus repeatedly beaten.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 15:21:01
Link | Citer | R

lolnausi. Thanks for stopping by!
By Nausi 2019-07-10 15:44:40
Link | Citer | R

#vucshuffle
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 15:59:26
Link | Citer | R

I like how you have had nothing to say about women's sports since your first failed attempt to talk about it. Since then, it's just been constant shitposting. But then again, that's literally every topic for you.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-10 16:33:05
Link | Citer | R

Wow vic BTFO-ed once again. He's like the protagonist inkarate kid at the beginning of the movie, continuously hetting beat down.

Except in this movie, never gets any better and only gets worse and thus repeatedly beaten.

Vic-Lo!

[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-10 18:22:01
Link | Citer | R

I like how you have had nothing to say about women's sports since your first failed attempt to talk about it. Since then, it's just been constant shitposting. But then again, that's literally every topic for you.
You got no argument against mine, just petulant name calling.

Also where your source?
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 18:39:04
Link | Citer | R

LOL, biggest laugh of the day, thanks man.
By Nausi 2019-07-10 19:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Oh look. Chuck Schumer who is calling for Acosta’s resignation, for his role as federal prosecutor salvaging the FL state case against Epstein, has taken tens of thousands of dollar in donations from Epstein himself.

I can’t belive libs take him seriously.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-10 19:39:29
Link | Citer | R

Fbi arresting a big lot of corupt democrats involved in P. Rico corruption. Leading to calls for the governors recall.

Trump gets it right again.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-10 20:18:29
Link | Citer | R

Acosta needs to go, trying to throw other people under the bus isn't working, especially since his deal broke the law. He is trying to tout an illegal plea agreement.
By Nausi 2019-07-11 05:38:45
Link | Citer | R

AOC and the new gang of radical minority communists women are accusing Pelosi of racism.

Hahahahaha
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-11 05:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Acosta needs to go, trying to throw other people under the bus isn't working, especially since his deal broke the law. He is trying to tout an illegal plea agreement.
Was working just fine, the media was not ready for his preparation.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-11 07:05:22
Link | Citer | R

Over 1,000 Google Employees Co-Signed Letter to Target Breitbart as “prohibited content,”

Tell me again how Google isn't biased.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-11 08:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Oh man, this AOC vs. Pelosi feud is starting to get good. Trying to get an idiot millennial to shut up for the good of the group is a challenge that Pelosi may not be equipped for.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-11 13:39:13
Link | Citer | R

Well first, they need to actually create a viable softball league. The main league folded 20 years ago and all there is now is a 6 team league, with half the teams not even having a home stadium. The sport took a huge hit when the IOC dropped it from the Olympics because it wasn't competitive. Team USA won something like 108 straight international games. Other countries just don't play softball. I think it's returning as an exhibition sport in Tokyo '20 (I know baseball is). They can go from there, but the reality for softball is, after the collegiate level, there is currently no career in the sport.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-11 17:12:15
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

That hasn't stopped feminist womyn's before.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-11 17:21:15
Link | Citer | R

Well, Trump got out there and announced he was backing down from his census defeat, a fight that officially ended 3 weeks ago when the Supreme Court squashed it. Took him long enough.
By Nausi 2019-07-12 07:45:00
Link | Citer | R

Well, Trump got out there and announced he was backing down from his census defeat, a fight that officially ended 3 weeks ago when the Supreme Court squashed it. Took him long enough.
Lol, source?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-12 08:48:18
Link | Citer | R

Lol, source?

The Supreme Court ruling was both a win and a loss, though the Dem's PR branch CNN only reports the loss part.

The Supreme Court affirmed that the executive branch has the authority to place a citizenship question on the census and that there is nothing legally wrong with doing so. That was the win. The loss was that the Supreme Court ruled, rightfully so, that the whenever the executive exercises it's authority it must do so with clear intentions and reasons and that those reasons must be reasonably aligned with the action itself. Essentially the government, democrat or republican, can't decide to do something and then make up a *** excuse after the fast (known as pretense). Since their reasoning was suspect and not aligned with the actual question and the government officials involved had recorded communications using different reasoning, the Supreme Court ruled the action was done under pretense.

So they can try to add it again, only with a more clear reasoning and not some *** like "to enforce the voting rights act". Honestly they could of just stated they were looking to get a clearer picture of the demographic makeup of the USA and that other metrics were merely estimates based on isolated surveys.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-12 08:49:15
Link | Citer | R

Also, the government is going to acquire the data it seeks using other methods, which it can do. It won't be as clear but it's a legal fight they feel won't be resolved in time for the census to be conducted.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-12 08:49:28
Link | Citer | R

And Labor Secretary Acosta just resigned for giving Epstein the deal of a lifetime. That attempt to shift the blame did not work at all.
By Nausi 2019-07-12 09:04:59
Link | Citer | R

And Labor Secretary Acosta just resigned for giving Epstein the deal of a lifetime. That attempt to shift the blame did not work at all.
Three statements here and only one is true. That’s an improvement for you today bud.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 198 199 200