Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 198 199 200
By Nausi 2019-07-01 08:36:23
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Nausi said: »
Joe Biden launched his 2020 campaign by calling Antifa a "courageous group of Americans"

Awww I remember this being a popular allegation by the alt-right. Didn't really go anywhere.
Does this mean vic also thinks they are courageous?

Wouldn’t surprise me
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-01 08:43:19
Link | Citer | R

And the rich got a lot richer. Again, easy. :)

So what? My benefit is quantifiable. You have the monumental task of explaining to people why rich people having more money is more damaging to them than the money they personally made. Dollars vs. feels, good luck with that one.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-01 08:55:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

So what? My benefit is quantifiable. You have the monumental task of explaining to people why rich people having more money is more damaging to them than the money they personally made. Dollars vs. feels, good luck with that one.

I don't have any tasks at all. Saevel has the task of explaining how the tax cut was actually a take hike for the wealthy, citing sources. Remember, election maps are irrelevant. I don't expect you to call him out because its you and well nausi.exe can't even read Saevel's posts before breaking down.
By Viciouss 2019-07-01 08:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Remember guys, only liberals have to hire tax accountants, all the conservatives do theirs by hand. /sarcasm
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-01 08:59:06
Link | Citer | R

The study I cited earlier found that 6% of taxpayers pay more under the new law. I'd have a hard time believing that the rich aren't the ones who are primarily in that group.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-01 09:08:19
Link | Citer | R

The study I cited earlier found that 6% of taxpayers pay more under the new law. I'd have a hard time believing that the rich aren't the ones who are primarily in that group.

Wealthy liberals are that group, the left doesn't consider them "rich" because only conservative white men can be "rich".
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-07-01 09:17:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Also there was another provision in the tax plan that dramatically effected the wealthy liberal elite, the limitation on claiming interest for home mortgages. Previously you could claim any amount of interest paid towards a home mortgage as a deduction on the federal income tax. If someone had multiple homes all the interest could be used as a big deduction. This was big as wealthy liberal elites tend to own multiple expensive homes and pay accountants to handle their taxes for them.
Actually one can only claim the mortgage interest deduction on their primary residence. Its been that way for longer than I have been alive.

Quote:
Middle and upper low income families on the other hand have to do theirs by hand, and most importantly simply don't qualify for those tax deductions that the liberal elite were entitled to.
Homeowners in the lower middle class, especially those with children, gained more tax relief by taking the standard deductions rather than itemizing. Yes, they could take the mortgage interest deduction, it just doesn't pay.
By Viciouss 2019-07-01 09:31:33
Link | Citer | R

I guess we will continue to wait on Saevel to explain how the tax cuts were actually a tax increase for the wealthy. No big deal, we have all day.
By fonewear 2019-07-01 09:53:20
Link | Citer | R

Wealthy liberals are that group, the left doesn't consider them "rich" because only conservative white men can be "rich".

Yep that is why Bernie who is a millionaire always *** about millionaires and billionaires...

The corporations and corporate fat cats...he's been saying the same ***his whole life since the 60s. The man is living in the past man !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-01 09:53:53
Link | Citer | R

Bernie is the type of guy that goes to a soup kitchen to get a free bowl of soup...taking it away from someone that actually needs it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-01 10:13:04
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Bernie is the type of guy that goes to a soup kitchen to get a free bowl of soup...taking it away from someone that actually needs it.

Give Bernie a break. He's just scouting out locations for kids to work after they get their "free college" liberal arts degrees.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-07-01 10:23:45
Link | Citer | R

Give Bernie a break. He's just scouting out locations for kids to work after they get their "free college" liberal arts degrees.
As I said, farmwork is starting to pay decent wages....
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-01 10:38:24
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Also there was another provision in the tax plan that dramatically effected the wealthy liberal elite, the limitation on claiming interest for home mortgages. Previously you could claim any amount of interest paid towards a home mortgage as a deduction on the federal income tax. If someone had multiple homes all the interest could be used as a big deduction. This was big as wealthy liberal elites tend to own multiple expensive homes and pay accountants to handle their taxes for them.
Actually one can only claim the mortgage interest deduction on their primary residence. Its been that way for longer than I have been alive.

Quote:
Middle and upper low income families on the other hand have to do theirs by hand, and most importantly simply don't qualify for those tax deductions that the liberal elite were entitled to.
Homeowners in the lower middle class, especially those with children, gained more tax relief by taking the standard deductions rather than itemizing. Yes, they could take the mortgage interest deduction, it just doesn't pay.

You could claim any home mortgage interest towards the deduction, just not investment property or business property mortgage interest. So when a wealthy New York lawyer bought that summer home in Miami, they could claim both interest payments as taxes as both are residences. President Trumps tax plan limited it to just the primary residence and then again to the $500K / $1 Million marks.

And Trump's tax plan eliminated one of the biggest deductions wealthy liberal elites were using, SALT while doubling the standard deduction from 12K to 24K for families. You know, that thing those low and middle income folks use because they either don't live in high income states or don't make enough to afford those expensive homes. Property taxes are a huge part of SALT, in my low tax area we have a 1.045% rate (was lowered from last years 1.07%), on a $400K home that's 4K per year.

Now New York City has both a real property tax and another income tax which just adds with the states down income tax. Couple that with the sky high property value and average income, it represents a huge SALT deduction well past both the original 12K and newer 24K. Basically NYC is diverting federal tax revenue to itself. With the 10K limit they can no longer do that and it's resulting in a rush of people moving their money into lower tax states and lowering tax revenue's of places like NYC.

For the rural folks who aren't living in high income / high property value area's, the increase of the standard deduction to 24K was huge, immensely huge.

Now this didn't do anything to effect the real tax evasion loophole that mega wealthy liberal elite use, donating 80% or more of their wealth to a "foundation" then having that "foundation" hire them. This lets them effectively hide their wealth from the government and use their newly created non-profit "foundation" for everything. They only pay tax on the income the foundation directly pays them, so huge win at the end of the day.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-01 11:03:47
Link | Citer | R

They should just offer Art Degrees in every box of Kellog's Frosted Flakes. Save a lot of time/money on college !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-01 11:04:45
Link | Citer | R

You could pay $30,000 a year to know the difference between Manet and Monet or you could spend 20 seconds reading the wikipedia article !
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-01 11:14:07
Link | Citer | R

Vic and co have a fundamental misunderstanding of what is going pn in our society and why their ideas are so dangerous. It has to do with something called “Price’s Law” which states that in any given organization, the root of the number of total members are responsible for 1/2 of the economic output.

This means that in a company of 10000 people 100 of them are responsible for 50% of the work. That can be further applied another tier to say that of those 100 people, 10 are responsible for 25% of the economic output.

When we loosen the rules, regulations and taxes and make it wasier for those most productive people to be productive, of course they are going to become more successful. His complaint can be boiled down to “its not fair that people who want to be successful enpugh to work at it are doing better than people who don't.”
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-01 11:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Beto campaigning in Mexico for all those illegal votes were always told don’t exist.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-01 11:56:43
Link | Citer | R

lol, did you see that in one of your alt-right youtube videos?
By Viciouss 2019-07-01 11:57:02
Link | Citer | R

Beto campaigning in Mexico for all those illegal votes were always told don’t exist.

And you can never seem to prove. Ever.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-01 13:00:06
Link | Citer | R

Gay moderate liberal being called a Nazi by leftists...

YouTube Video Placeholder

Dude is awesome.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-01 13:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Gay moderate liberal being called a Nazi by leftists...

Reminds me of an article that I saw on a leftist website about "radical centrists".
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-01 13:33:31
Link | Citer | R

A explanation of how radiation works, by an actual independent scientists. Goes into the math and explains how hollywood tends to miss the mark by an order of 1,000,000.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-01 14:17:33
Link | Citer | R

Why is he campaigning in mexico?
By Viciouss 2019-07-01 14:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Whats the problem with him visiting Mexico? I don't see the big deal.

This certainly does nothing for your made up fantasy of illegal votes that you have never been able to actually prove happens.
By Nausi 2019-07-01 15:09:59
Link | Citer | R

New talking point today.

Trump is “torturing” kids in these “concentration camps”.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-01 15:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Whats the problem with him visiting Mexico? I don't see the big deal.

This certainly does nothing for your made up fantasy of illegal votes that you have never been able to actually prove happens.
When ask to theorize why someone might campaign in a country you’re not running in, Vic chooses to not answer the question in a pathetic attempt to change the subject.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-01 15:38:17
Link | Citer | R

lol, Beto visited Mexico today, which is not the same as campaigned in Mexico. Im not concerned with it either way. Nausi claims he is campaigning for illegal votes but offers no evidence.
By Nausi 2019-07-01 15:52:15
Link | Citer | R

lol, Beto visited Mexico today, which is not the same as campaigned in Mexico. Im not concerned with it either way. Nausi claims he is campaigning for illegal votes but offers no evidence.

Beto campaigned there.

Vic pretends he doesn’t care as cover for not being able to make up any other excuse because he knows illegals vote.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-01 16:06:23
Link | Citer | R

Beto campaigned there.

Vic pretends he doesn’t care as cover for not being able to make up any other excuse because he knows illegals vote.

Nope, this is a lie. I know for a fact that illegal immigrants don't vote. I know there has been no evidence of any kind that shows illegal immigrants vote. And its been great amusement to watch nausi inflate the number of illegal votes that have occurred over the years. Last time he suggested 5 million illegal votes took place, without being able to even provide evidence of even one illegal immigrant attempting to vote, much less succeeding at it. Hell, he can't even provide evidence that illegal immigrants are registered to vote.
By fonewear 2019-07-01 16:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Someday Trump won't be President Vic and all your bitching and moaning and you will look back and say what was it all for ?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 198 199 200