Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 192 193 194 ... 198 199 200
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-20 09:40:35
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Trump backs down again.

Trump Drops Plan To Host G-7 Summit At His Miami Resort
NPR

So much winning...

Viciouss said: »
/snooze
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-20 09:51:16
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
BREAKING: Convoy of Trucks Seen Emptying Obama-Linked Former Ukrainian President Poroschenko's Palace - Confidants Arrested and Flee
BREAKING: Nausi once again forgets to post links.

because its facts I don't like

Of all the screaming of the kooky alt-right about facts I don't like, that is exactly where it is coming from. It seems to be only fake if it doesn't suit their narrative.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-20 09:58:14
Link | Citer | R

World Series tickets starting at $750....
By Viciouss 2019-10-20 11:29:59
Link | Citer | R

World Series tickets starting at $750....

....annddddd ACQUIRED!
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-10-20 12:13:12
Link | Citer | R

Trump backs down again.

NPR

So much winning...

I don't get it... like I am being serious.

Libs bitched and moaned cause he was having it there. Said it was a conflict of interest. So he moves it to a different location... and libs complain about that...

Like wtf in this world makes you people happy?
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-20 12:18:29
Link | Citer | R

No one is complaining he moved it to a different location.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-20 12:38:10
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
It seems to be only fake if it doesn't suit their narrative.

Hypocrite.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-20 17:39:55
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Trump backs down again.

NPR

So much winning...

Libs bitched and moaned cause he was having it there. Said it was a conflict of interest. So he moves it to a different location... and libs complain about that...

Am I complaining?

Oh, and loyal republicans bitched and moaned because he was having it there.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-20 17:51:35
Link | Citer | R

Meh, it was one of those things that was absolutely fine so long as he did everything at cost like he said he would (in other words, with no profits). It just looks bad, which causes weak-kneed Republicans to panic because the media will inevitably invent a scandal where there is none.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-20 19:09:55
Link | Citer | R

Honestly Rav, it wasn't fine. It wouldn't have been fine if he had offered the delegations everything for free. (He would have still made a profit doing that* but that isn't the problem.)

If another world leader hosted a must attend conference at a venue he owned our ethics rules would prevent our president from attending. Our ethics rules aren't unusually strict.

*Personally I think he should have announced that the Doral would be free for delegations. Rooms, catering, green fees, everything. Instead of bitching everyone would have been stunned by the uncharacteristic generosity. He could charge everyone else, like all the press units, security details, etc. prime season rates and come out ahead. Both he and the Doral would have gotten SO MUCH favorable publicity.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-20 19:18:40
Link | Citer | R

Honestly Rav, it wasn't fine. It wouldn't have been fine if he had offered the delegations everything for free. (He would have still made a profit doing that* but that isn't the problem.)

If another world leader hosted a must attend conference at a venue he owned our ethics rules would prevent our president from attending. Our ethics rules aren't unusually strict.

*Personally I think he should have announced that the Doral would be free for delegations. Rooms, catering, green fees, everything. Instead of bitching everyone would have been stunned by the uncharacteristic generosity. He could charge everyone else, like all the press units, security details, etc. prime season rates and come out ahead. Both he and the Doral would have gotten SO MUCH favorable publicity.

I've been sitting here for minutes trying to parse this out to explain all the things wrong in this post. Suffice it to say that most of it doesn't make sense, and you're going to need to go into depth to explain how in the crap you came to these conclusions.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-20 19:29:46
Link | Citer | R

There is no situation where hosting such a major event at one of his properties was going to result in any praise. I'm sure all the other G7 members were breathing a sigh of relief when he moved it, I doubt they were looking forward to answering questions about the ethics concerns.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-20 19:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Rav, if you wish I will go into it in depth later but right now all the links about how it isn't even remotely fine are evaporating because the problem is moot. Look for them if you wish.

As for the hospitality business and political aspects I do not have to like him to parse out what could be advantageous for him. Nor would I tell him if I could.

TLDR: He did this stupid. I know how he could have done this smart.
By Nausi 2019-10-20 20:36:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Hypocrite.
They live in a world where the volume of their echo chanber drowns out all independent thought. You can point to the countless examples of how their media deliberately lied to them and they will point to the same media for explanation as to why.
By Nausi 2019-10-20 20:37:24
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Trump backs down again.

NPR

So much winning...

Am I complaining?

Oh, and loyal republicans bitched and moaned because he was having it there.
I would hd at least some expectation for him to announce he was holding it at another one of his resorts.
By Nausi 2019-10-20 20:44:24
Link | Citer | R

I dont think you understand how “profit” works chanti. Which would explain alot.

How would Trump have made money by doing it at cost?

Secondly the emoluments clause was put in there to prevent officials from accepting foreign gifts, not for a president hosting a conference at one of his properties.
By Viciouss 2019-10-20 21:08:17
Link | Citer | R

The emoluments clause is there to prevent emolments of any kind, and applies to every member of the federal government, not just "officials."
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-20 21:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Did you not read my post Nausi?

oh... that's right, whatever I say is automatically wrong. Its part of being female.

I showed how he would have made a profit doing it for free.

Someone here can't read nor understand intangibles.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-20 21:49:20
Link | Citer | R

Hypocrite.
They live in a world where the volume of their echo chanber drowns out all independent thought. You can point to the countless examples of how their media deliberately lied to them and they will point to the same media for explanation as to why.

BREAKING: Convoy of Trucks Seen Emptying Obama-Linked Former Ukrainian President Poroschenko's Palace - Confidants Arrested and Flee

Point proven.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-20 22:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Hypocrite.

Point proven.
Nope, you still just don’t get it. It’s amusing to watch you play this lame “gotcha” that isn’t really a gotcha.

There is no objectivity in media: true
Therefore all media is partisan propaganda: false

Remember, the only people who still believe the main stream media are democrats.m, and its because it tells them what they want to hear.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-10-20 22:53:40
Link | Citer | R

Not going to deny that sexism plays a role here at times, but I think it's a minor factor for this thread's habit of ignoring of people that don't affirm one's beliefs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-20 22:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Hypocrite.

Point proven.
Nope, you still just don’t get it. It’s amusing to watch you play this lame “gotcha” that isn’t really a gotcha.

There is no objectivity in media: true
Therefore all media is partisan propaganda: false

Remember, the only people who still believe the main stream media are democrats.m, and its because it tells them what they want to hear.

Gotcha
By Nausi 2019-10-20 22:59:54
Link | Citer | R

Heres the source for ya.
[
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/10/breaking-convoy-of-trucks-seen-emptying-obama-linked-former-ukrainian-president-poroschenkos-palace-confidants-arrested-and-flee/

With links to local Ukrainian sources.
By Nausi 2019-10-20 23:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Gotcha! Too easy to bait.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-20 23:05:23
Link | Citer | R

Personally I think he should have announced that the Doral would be free for delegations.

That sounds good on paper, until you realize that would technically be a reverse emolument. If receiving free gifts is considered a form of bribery, giving free gifts could fall under the same category.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-20 23:11:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Not going to deny that sexism plays a role here at times, but I think it's a minor factor for this thread's habit of ignoring of people that don't affirm one's beliefs.

I think you are incredible
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-20 23:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Haha! Gateway Poontang? lol...
By Nausi 2019-10-20 23:14:03
Link | Citer | R

Did you not read my post Nausi?

oh... that's right, whatever I say is automatically wrong. Its part of being female.

I showed how he would have made a profit doing it for free.

Someone here can't read nor understand intangibles.
Profit IS tangible. You can actually hold dollars.

If we’re going to say intangible things like branding or advertising are forbidden to people in office, then no president can do a *** thing as it reflects on their past/present/future brand. None of us will tolerate this magical new rule just for trump. It just goes to show what hypocrites lefties are.

And its not that you’re a woman, its that you’re a lefty. The pathology of a leftist is FAR more consistent than that of any other group. Women, jews, black people, muslims, etc all travel in a much wider lane than your average commie, who fall into two groups. The ones that have no idea they are used as useful idiots, and the sinister ones who actually do the using.

I don’t really think anyone here is the later, and I do have sympathy for the ignorance you’re all drowning in.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-20 23:15:16
Link | Citer | R

And just like that, the lefty executes his programing and shuts off independent thought because its not yahoo news.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-20 23:17:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by the sexism card. I wouldn't even say "at times". I can't recall that ever being an issue in here. There's no need to play the imaginary victim.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 192 193 194 ... 198 199 200