Best Sword Combinations Now?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Best Sword Combinations Now?
Best Sword Combinations Now?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-29 10:39:33
Link | Citer | R

I still have mine, it's decent. It's 40 higher base delay though, but that didn't seem to bother me when I used it. Naegling's bonus to SB and buff-based attack bonus is too nice to pass up, and nowadays, SB > CDC for the most part. Hard to argue in Tanmagoyi's case
[+]
 Ragnarok.Donwu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: donwu
By Ragnarok.Donwu 2019-05-29 10:59:36
Link | Citer | R

Not exactly a BLU4Lyfe, but i've been using Naegling/Tanmo +1. Finding minimal acc issues on apex. Haven't ventured into omen or Dyna with it yet, as it's still slightly undergeared. Without buffs i'm at 1200 acc, and 1261 att. Very short changed on spells, so I don't have a lot of trait bonuses. If other setups offer higher acc and attack, then sweet baby jesus.... I might have to work harder and more.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-05-29 11:13:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Donwu said: »
Not exactly a BLU4Lyfe, but i've been using Naegling/Tanmo +1. Finding minimal acc issues on apex. Haven't ventured into omen or Dyna with it yet, as it's still slightly undergeared. Without buffs i'm at 1200 acc, and 1261 att. Very short changed on spells, so I don't have a lot of trait bonuses. If other setups offer higher acc and attack, then sweet baby jesus.... I might have to work harder and more.

I hadn't checked in ages, but did yesterday just to see. My lowest acc tp set leaves me with 1258 acc and north of 1320 attk. This is with tizona/naegling and for whatever reason all my adhemar is on the attk path and my herc boots only have +8 acc (triple attk 3 or 4 is why that's the case). Obviously, swapping one or two pieces of adhem. to acc instead of attk would put me pushing 1300 acc in my lowest acc set. I just never am acc starved in anything outside of dyna wave 3 so havent done so.
By Boshi 2019-05-29 11:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Tanmo is a terrible offhand in general. pretty much anything is better.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-05-29 13:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
Tanmo is a terrible offhand
u r a terrible human!
By Sidiov 2019-05-29 13:52:07
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Boshi said: »
Tanmo is a terrible offhand
u r a terrible human!
Nah, he is ok in the offhand.
[+]
By Afania 2019-05-29 19:42:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zulaern said: »
You definitely can have Naegling/Kaja, whether or not it's better than Naegling/Colada... I'll let someone else answer that. I'm curious which would come out ahead as well.

Kaja isnt exactly a good offhand for SB, the only stat mod is mnd +10 and 25 attack if uncapped. Colada can get much better SB stat, something like str +10 wsd+5% will pull way ahead.

If you dont want to do augment then nibiru blade path B is 2nd best choice, and pretty damn close to a good colada, much better than tanmogayi+1 and kaja.

Quick spreadsheet result with spell set/gear from 1st page, ws in 56% wsd(exclude weapon slot), 52 stp sam roll, capped attack.

Naeg/colada (str+10 wsd+5%) 5521 dps, 26402 ws avg
Naeg/nibiru B: 5516 dps, 26402 ws avg
Naeg/Tanmogayi+1: 5360 dps, 25186 ws avg
Naeg/kaja: 5466 dps, 24638.

If your attack is uncapped, kaja and nibiru blade will be even closer to colada with attack on it.

Tl;dr: use nibiru B offhand if you dont want to augment colada nor use tp bonus. Dont offhand Tanmogayi+1.

Edit:fixed typo....nibiru B not A.
By tyalangan 2019-05-29 20:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
nibiru blade path A is 2nd best choice

Legitimate question but how does:

STR5,DA2 (Nibiru path A) equal the exact WS avg of STR10,WSD5

I can understand possibly path B with STR15,DA2 but even that I would think would trail WSD5.
By Afania 2019-05-29 20:53:44
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
Quote:
nibiru blade path A is 2nd best choice

Legitimate question but how does:

STR5,DA2 (Nibiru path A) equal the exact WS avg of STR10,WSD5

I can understand possibly path B with STR15,DA2 but even that I would think would trail WSD5.

My bad, I meant B(one with str and stp).....>.>

I also think the ws avg include TP overflow or else I cant explain why Tan+1 has higher avg than Kaja too.

Nibiru b also has stp +3, so that adds up.
By tyalangan 2019-05-29 21:17:57
Link | Citer | R

Always interesting to see how little stats here and there we don’t typically associate with our WS sets can have such an impact. Especially comparing to straight WS damage.

I need to get back into the spreadsheets.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-07-14 00:53:13
Link | Citer | R

oyama said: »
Not really new information, but just wanted to give a field report of sorts. Tiz is obviously still king of the hill but for those like me that simply won't make mythics, Naegling/Thib Savage Blade is a damn beast.

I made a slight modification to my DD spell setup, but I literally have not had to make ANY accuracy swaps to cap until Dyna Wave 2 NMs, and even then I was parsing 90% accuracy without the swap, with nothing but sushi and honor march for acc buffs. TP set with traits has 31% TA, 35% DA, and 62 stp, and even my acc swap set still has 25% TA, 33% DA, and 74 stp. Life as a BLU is good.

Just a note: Tizona is only marginally better than the Ambu sword if we're just looking at WSD and dmg per swing. I actually get better savage blade numbers with Naegling than I get Expacions from Tizona (slightly), but disappointing. You really need it augmented a bit before it pulls ahead. Yes, AM3 is sweet and the overall utility of Tizona makes it far superior. But if we're just talking ws spam, at just AG 119, it's not significant.

So dont feel TOO bad if you dont want to make the mythic. It really needs that last level of upgrades to pull ahead because the Ambu weaps are really really good.
[+]
By Boshi 2019-07-14 01:20:42
Link | Citer | R

Tizona was best sword for a few years now it’s not new
[+]
 Bahamut.Sobius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2019-07-21 14:05:36
Link | Citer | R

How is Naegling + Almace as a combo? I'm working with what I have available these days. Almace is currently being augmented to complete.

Also, is Sequence worth making? Getting mixed messages from reading here.

Thanks!
By Afania 2019-07-21 14:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Sobius said: »

Also, is Sequence worth making?

Its free so why not? If it cost 100m like everything else then its another story.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2019-07-21 15:18:48
Link | Citer | R

For Blu, Sequence was never all that great. Almace, from a pure dps perspective was better before r15.

Now if you have Aeonic for your other jobs and want to gear blu, but don’t want to spend any Gil, than sequencer isn’t terrible.

But Naegling/1000tp bonus would be better. The only time I could see Sequence pulling ahead is under low accuracy situations in which you don’t have many buffs, in which the 1000tp bonus sword isn’t that great. You could go Sequence/Naegling and spam savage at 1250. This is me just trying to find a situation in which Sequence would be good. Honestly, if you don’t want much investment into Blu, just go Naegling. It’s jseful for other jobs as well.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-07-21 17:28:43
Link | Citer | R

Like all things, it depends on your desired content and ability. Most of the information is paraphrased from Ricon, so I could be relaying it wrong.

At Rank 15:
Tizona / Thib is king of the castle.
Sequence / Thib is a close 2nd. Don't sleep on that 1750 TP bonus.
Naegling / Thib is the bargain option and 3rd. 1750 TP Bonus, but you're going to have acc problems my dude.
Almace / Seq is king for Amnesia or light when you're doing CDC.

Without R15 the "old guard" still stands.
Tizona / Thib > Tizona / Almace etc etc etc.
By Boshi 2019-07-21 21:55:29
Link | Citer | R

Naegling/Thib is better than Sequence/Thib

Almace offhand would be Naegling
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Serveur: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-07-21 23:42:03
Link | Citer | R

Tizona is a lot of work but it's a nice quality-of-life upgrade for content like Dyna-D where the MP return is such a benefit.

Why would Naegling/Thib have more accuracy problems than Sequence/Thib? Naegling has a nice accuracy bonus that will help OH accuracy as well.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-22 01:42:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
At Rank 15:
Naegling / Thib is the bargain option and 3rd. 1750 TP Bonus, but you're going to have acc problems my dude.
Don't wanna sound like an *** but what sort of numbers do you have to support this?
I'm a Sequence owner myself but I'm a bit skeptic to see Sequence in second place, especially because you're pairing it with Thibron, which is tipically quite an underwhelming option for Aeonic MH setups.

You will never, ever, ever WS at *EXACTELY* 1000 TP, and when you don't it's usually a DPS loss.
Furthermore, ~2000 total TP is tipically the sweet spot for WS with very good TP scaling, like Savage Blade, from 2k to 3k the scaling gets progressively worse, which means going from 2k to 3k will likely produce a % boost smaller than the 1k>2k step.
Check how TP scales all the way from 1k to 3k.
1k ==> 4.0
2k ==> 10.25, that's roughly a 127% increase compared to the previous step (1k)
3k ==> 13.75, that's roughly a 37% increase compared to the previous step (2k)

Because of these reasons, TP bonus weapons are tipically not as good as one may think to use as Offhand for Aeonic MH.

I'm talking in general now, it might be different for BLU and Savage Blade I dunno, but I'm still moderately skeptic about Sequence/Thibron being in 2nd place in realistic, practical situations.
Glad to be proven wrong hey!
By geigei 2019-07-22 04:53:21
Link | Citer | R

I'll make it easier for you guys.

If blu is your only dps than any sword combo will work just fine, but, if you have stronger dps and you still want to do stuff on blu you should really get tizona asap, i'm not even talking abou expia trashing everything but the unlimited mp, you should really support your pt while on blu.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-07-22 05:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
Why would Naegling/Thib have more accuracy problems than Sequence/Thib?

if were talking mainhand hes technically right since 269+30 vs 250+40, still less acc in the off-hand though which is going to be the hand that matters anytime acc is any kind of concern
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-07-22 06:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
At Rank 15:
Don't wanna sound like an *** but what sort of numbers do you have to support this?
I'm a Sequence owner myself but I'm a bit skeptic to see Sequence in second place, especially because you're pairing it with Thibron, which is tipically quite an underwhelming option for Aeonic MH setups.

You will never, ever, ever WS at *EXACTELY* 1000 TP, and when you don't it's usually a DPS loss.
Furthermore, ~2000 total TP is tipically the sweet spot for WS with very good TP scaling, like Savage Blade, from 2k to 3k the scaling gets progressively worse, which means going from 2k to 3k will likely produce a % boost smaller than the 1k>2k step.
1k ==> 4.0

Because of these reasons, TP bonus weapons are tipically not as good as one may think to use as Offhand for Aeonic MH.

I'm talking in general now, it might be different for BLU and Savage Blade I dunno, but I'm still moderately skeptic about Sequence/Thibron being in 2nd place in realistic, practical situations.

BLU spreadsheet maintained by my linkshell. Assumptions: brd songs, geo buffs, cor rolls, no 1 hours, and its on around lvl 140-145 mobs

Tizona/Thibron - 8416.933
Tizona/Sequence - 6802.085
Sequence/Thibron - 6793.892
Tizona/Almace - 6759.280
Tizona/Naegling - 6681.377
Naegling/Thibron - 6636.716
Sequence/Naegling - 6529.701
Sequence/Almace - 6511.561
Naegling/Sequence - 5360.876
Naegling/Almace - 5192.411

At the end of the day, if you're serious about BLU, make a Tizona and R15 it as it's very clearly the BiS combo by a large margin.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-07-22 10:32:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Ccarter said: »
I’ve been thinking of doing a tizona but have no real intentions of taking it to R15. Will a sequence or naegling SB spam outperform a non R15 tiz? Already have both of those so trying to decide if it’s even worth making one.

I strongly doubt it, no. You have to remember that Tizona bumps Expiacion Damage by 30% making it the stronger WS at all TP Stages even when compared to Naegling. However, the difference in base DMG and better Mods might close the gap a little.

Assuming Thibron locked for Sub because it’s awesome and very easy to gear for. Tizona wins because of both WS Strength but also because your WS Frequency increases a sizable amount with AM3 up. Yes, the difference between Aftermath and Non-Aftermath isn’t huge anymore but it’s still there, and the more STP you have, the more noticeable it is. With a COR present, you are literally at 1200+ TP before your Animation finishes.

Add also the fact that you gain MP for Tizona hits and you essentially have infinite MP. It’s both overwhelmingly powerful and useful at this stage in BLUs life. I cannot picture Sequence or Naegling competing at the moment; the WSD will be weaker and less frequent. If you make Tiz and play around with it, I think you might change your mind about R15 haha

With good gear and buffs, 40-50k Expiacions are a strong benchmark and VERY consistent. And as stated before, just use Thibron, Keep up AM and just throw TP as you get it

Closely related to the most recent posts
By Afania 2019-07-22 11:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
At Rank 15:

1k ==> 4.0

It was discussed in rdm thread a while ago. Despite the smaller tp scale past 2000, sequence still has similar ws avg as naegling.

Add the additional stp sequence pulls ahead very slightly. If you can't offhand tp bonus then sequence pulls even further ahead.

That being said, naegling has attack bonus so it may beat sequence if attack uncapped.

To me they are both on the same tier. If you want to use sequence then use it, and vice versa. The difference will probably not be very noticeable but the method of obtaining them is what matters imo.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-07-22 11:22:14
Link | Citer | R

use the sharp ones for more slicey slicey
or pointy ones for more stabby stabby
[+]
 Bahamut.Sobius
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2019-08-16 16:11:33
Link | Citer | R

I have not seen any mention of Zantetsuken or Zomorrodnegar / Mirage / luhlaza in any of this thread... are they viable, or trash? Just wondering.

Thanks
By tyalangan 2019-08-16 16:46:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Sobius said: »
I have not seen any mention of Zantetsuken or Zomorrodnegar / Mirage / luhlaza in any of this thread... are they viable, or trash? Just wondering.

Thanks

Zan is mentioned in detail and parsed on the most recent page of the BLI guide. Zomo is talked about too for its utility in Dynamis (this is from memory).
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-08-16 20:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Gotta be Savage Blade.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7