Catastrophe + Weapon Bash (Ignominy Gauntlets+2/3)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Catastrophe + Weapon Bash (Ignominy Gauntlets+2/3)
Catastrophe + Weapon Bash (Ignominy Gauntlets+2/3)
First Page 2
By Felgarr 2019-04-18 21:47:44
Link | Citer | R

Hi folks,
This doesn't appear to be documented on either BGWiki or FFXIwiki but AF1+2 or AF1+3 hands augments Weapon Bash with SC properties. Does anyone know if Catastrophe + Weapon Bash is the only way to create Darkness in this way? Are there any other DRK-capable WSes that will produce this SC? (It doesn't exist in FFXICalc or various other Skillchain calculators either, but I'd be happy to add it, if one happens to know what SC properties Weapon Bash has).

Thanks.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-18 23:39:56
Link | Citer | R

Shouldn't Quietus or Anguta Entropy work as well?
By Shichishito 2019-04-18 23:49:30
Link | Citer | R

if catastrophe(apoc) + weapon bash = darkness then weapon bash should either have a darkness or gravitation ws property.

so either quietus(darkness) <-> weapon bash(darkness?) = darkness
or entropy(gravitation) -> weapon bash(distrotion?) = darkness

entropy can also get the darkness property with anguta equipped so if you do entropy(anguta equipped) -> weapon bash and it results in darkness its still unclear wether weaponbash has distortion or darkness property, so i suggest to test without anguta equipped.

not a drk, just drawing conclusions from how skillchains usually are made.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-19 01:18:55
Link | Citer | R

That isn't how the augment on weapon bash works. At least that's not the way the Creator of the wiki page explained it to me.

The move has no native SC properties, the hand augment just give weapon bash a "chainbound" effect, in the same fashion as samurai's konzen-ittai. The skillchain that is created is the result of whichever weapon skill you use. You will get darkness for the WS that have darkness skillchain attributes. I've never tried it with other weapons but you will likely see varying results depending on which WS you close with.

Try using it with resolution or torcleaver and see what skillchain it creates. The hands have to be equipped during the WS to get the skillchain effect. It's functionally the same ability that samurai has. I wasn't aware that out could be used to close a skillchain since the way it was described to me was that it was used to open skillchains

Let me know if I'm wrong though because I'm curious to what all it can do
By SimonSes 2019-04-19 05:28:31
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like it might be like Konzen-ittai, so will use this SC properties until it matches something and will do skillchain: Light/Darkness -> Gravitation -> Fragmentation -> Distortion -> Fusion -> Liquefaction -> Induration -> Reverberation -> Compression/Impaction

It could also be a weaker version and doesn't have Darkness/light properties, but I doubt that, because then it would probably create fragmentation with Catastrophe, since Catastrophe is Graviatation/Darkness.

Also damn! This is EXCELENT to create low damage darkness that won't kill trash but will create opportunity to MB DrainIII. AWESOME!!

It's funny how people find new things in this game after so many years lol
[+]
 Asura.Xanders
Serveur: Asura
user: L0ki79
By Asura.Xanders 2019-04-19 08:21:54
Link | Citer | R

This has been tested / verified?
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-04-19 08:41:04
Link | Citer | R

I've used this to my advantage for some time when soloing. "Best" thing I found is Weapon Bash -> Entropy (Frag) -> Insurgency (Light). Works great with /sam and sekkierowuerwof (spelling).

There are probably higher damage combos out there, but not much lives long enough to try for longer. If it does, chances are you are not solo or you have other things to worry about.
By SimonSes 2019-04-19 08:57:04
Link | Citer | R

The point is that, assuming i understood OP, you can close skillchain with weapon bash, not only open with it. Which means you can do a low damage darkness that also stuns the target. This is ideal for magic bursting drainIII, especially with cata opening this sc and healing you to max hp.
 Asura.Xanders
By Asura.Xanders 2019-04-19 10:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Exactly. Meaning full time 9999 HP is closer to being a reality.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-04-19 11:24:41
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
The point is that, assuming i understood OP, you can close skillchain with weapon bash, not only open with it. Which means you can do a low damage darkness that also stuns the target. This is ideal for magic bursting drainIII, especially with cata opening this sc and healing you to max hp.

You can't close a SC with a chainbound effect. It's also of the weaker, Wild Flourish variety.
By Taint 2019-04-19 11:31:28
Link | Citer | R

Bash > WS not WS > Bash
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-04-19 11:36:22
Link | Citer | R

I'm only referencing to what OP wrote and his question was implying that he did Darkness with Cata>Bash and asking if its possible to create darkness with other WS.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-19 11:49:41
Link | Citer | R

Like I said, the way it was explained to me is that it is the DRK version of Konzen-ittai. It is a chainbound effect (it gives the mob a debuff which makes him susceptible to a skillchain on the next ws). Weapon Bash HAS no native SC properties. Unless someone can test that using bash to close a skillchain works with these hands, this was already known at least a year ago or longer.
By SimonSes 2019-04-19 12:01:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Like I said, the way it was explained to me is that it is the DRK version of Konzen-ittai. It is a chainbound effect (it gives the mob a debuff which makes him susceptible to a skillchain on the next ws). Weapon Bash HAS no native SC properties. Unless someone can test that using bash to close a skillchain works with these hands, this was already known at least a year ago or longer.

I understand what you are trying to say, but why it cant be kind of a hybrid of what you are saying. Chainbound but not as a debuff on mob but buff on ability. Difference between Konzen, Wild flourish and Weapon Bash is that the WB does damage, so its mechanically closer to WS, than other two JA.
By volkom 2019-04-20 14:44:21
Link | Citer | R

for the chainbound effect/ augment weapon bash effect with ignominy gauntlets ~

Kylos had an older post on it here

there were a few ws missing so here's a more complete list ~ missing steel cyclone

Great Sword:

Weapon Bash > Hard Slash = Scission
Weapon Bash > Power Slash = Transfixion
Weapon Bash > Frostbite = Induration
Weapon Bash > Freezebite = Induration
Weapon Bash > Shockwave = Fragmentation
Weapon Bash > Crescent Moon = Scission
Weapon Bash > Sickle Moon= Scission
Weapon Bash > Spinning Slash = nothing
Weapon Bash > Ground Strike = nothing
Weapon Bash > Herculean Slash = Induration
Weapon Bash > Scourge = nothing
Weapon Bash > Torcleaver = nothing
Weapon Bash > Resolution = Scission

Scythe:

Weapon Bash > Slice = Scission
Weapon Bash > Dark Harvest = Fragmentation
Weapon Bash > Shadow of Death = Induration
Weapon Bash > Nightmare Scythe = Compression
Weapon Bash > Spinning Scythe = Fragmentation
Weapon Bash > Vorpal Scythe = Transfixion
Weapon Bash > Guillotine = Induration
Weapon Bash > Cross Reaper = nothing
Weapon Bash > Spiral Hell = Scission
Weapon Bash > Catastrophe = none
Weapon Bash > Insurgency = Compression
Weapon Bash > Infernal Scythe = Compression
Weapon Bash > Quietus = nothing
Weapon Bash > Entropy = Fragmentation

Great Axe:

Weapon Bash > Shield Break = Fusion
Weapon Bash > Iron Tempest = Scission
Weapon Bash > Sturmwind = Fragmentation
Weapon Bash > Armor Break = Fusion
Weapon Bash > Keen Edge = Compression
Weapon Bash > Weapon Break = Fusion
Weapon Bash > Full Break = nothing
Weapon Bash > Fell Cleave = Scission
Weapon Bash > Upheaval = Compression
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-04-20 15:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Im even more confused now. Not only you cant close with weapon bash but also wb>cata does nothing? Then from where comes darkness in OP post? Or maybe this was tested with +2 version and +3 has more SC properties in its chainbound?
By volkom 2019-04-20 16:42:13
Link | Citer | R

ffxiclopedia has a good breakdown on all the wild flourish + weaponskill combos and the resulting skillchain.

wild flourish info

so it seems like the augment is more inline with wild flourish than kozen-ittai
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-04-20 17:30:44
Link | Citer | R

I can confirm Bash+Catastrophe is indeed nothing. Was doing a few rounds of Omen farming this afternoon and tried on multiple instances to Weapon Bash > Catastrophe and saw no skillchain as a result. Sad.

P.S.: This was with Relic +3 hands by the way.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-20 17:56:08
Link | Citer | R

The augmented version of weapon bash is on artifact hands...
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-04-20 21:10:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The augmented version of weapon bash is on artifact hands...
Thank you for the correction. (I just upgraded my Relic Hands to +3 so they were still fresh on my mind)
Just confirming that Weapon Bash > Catastrophe didn't produce a skillchain across multiple attempts.
 Asura.Xanders
By Asura.Xanders 2019-04-21 14:09:08
Link | Citer | R

So for Drain purposes the only real options using weapon bash are:

[+]
By Felgarr 2019-04-21 18:51:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Xanders said: »
So for Drain purposes the only real options using weapon bash are:

Scythe

Great Axe

This is what I was looking for. Thank you sir. So it's safe to say there is no G.Sword option, right? I think I'll make a Father Time knowing this information since there doesn't seem to be a higher Drain Potency (scythe) weapon. (It's a shame that R15 Apoc gets +10% in comparison, which is nice, but ...oh well, thanks SE).
By Felgarr 2019-04-21 18:59:22
Link | Citer | R

Since we're on the topic of Drain 3 bursting, do you think this will be worthwhile?:

I know Steel Cyclone isn't part of the Weapon Bash Solo-SC list, which is unfortunate, but I wonder if the TP Bonus under 5000-9999HP is a uniquely powerful situation. I personally don't play DRK with Great Axe but I'm open to constructive feedback.
By Nariont 2019-04-21 19:25:24
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35174/dont-fear-the-reaper-a-dark-knight-guide/165/#3424598

can refer to that, think short of it was; its okay.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-21 19:53:52
Link | Citer | R

It's more than okay if you can maintain the high HP bonus. It's pretty strong, best gaxe dark can use. Steel cyclone is very powerful
By SimonSes 2019-04-21 21:07:35
Link | Citer | R

Steel Cyclone also has attack bonus which pairs great with DRK high pdif cap. It makes it much easier to reach it without heavy buffs or with LR down.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-21 21:33:17
Link | Citer | R

How is it that a weaponskill can not work with chainbind. I've always thought that was odd. (other than the ones with no property, obviously.)

How does Ground Strike make no skillchain for example
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-04-21 23:58:00
Link | Citer | R

Wild Flourish/Weapon Bash only possess level 1 properties, so if the closing WS only has level 2/3 properties, nothing will occur.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-22 00:11:46
Link | Citer | R

I mean it should still make something. Just poor design.
[+]
First Page 2