AH Purchase Mistake...yeah...I know...stupid
First Page 2
 Hades.Rictor
Serveur: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Spoon
By Hades.Rictor 2009-10-12 23:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, so when trying to buy a pair of Fuma Kyahan, after regretting selling the ones I had, I accidentally bout a pair of Cuir Highboots from Daskoi for 550k. I think he is a mule and isn't registered on the site, so this is my only hope for begging and pleading for us to work something out. I know, stupid mistake etc, but I still have to try. /tell Rictor in game, or message here if you see this.

Inb4: retard, not getting gilz back, etc....
[+]
 Odin.Ahligieri
Serveur: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-10-12 23:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Inb4dicksthatthinkyoudeservedtolosethegil

Hopefully you'll get it back, I'd return it. But I wouldn't count on it :(

GL tho
 Hades.Rictor
By Hades.Rictor 2009-10-12 23:34:24
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the kind words Ahligieri, I'm not really counting on it, but figure it won't hurt to try, apart from some random d-bags being *** and saying i deserve to lose the gil :P

Edit: but for the benefit of anyone who does want to be a ***, i will be bumping my post for a couple days in hopes that the seller catches it
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-12 23:56:38
Link | Citer | R

Rictor said:

Edit: but for the benefit of anyone who does want to be a ***, i will be bumping my post for a couple days in hopes that the seller catches it

If he wanted to return it, this site would have 0 to do with it. I'm sure he's going to notice how much money he got and his first reaction is going to check the AH to see who would pay that much for it. At that point they would decide whether to return it or not, before ever seeing it here, provided they even read these forums.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-12 23:57:42
Link | Citer | R

/bump :) Hope it works out Rictor, I hate when this happens. :(
[+]
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-10-13 00:03:02
Link | Citer | R

That happened to me once. I got lucky, and they returned it.

For those who would say you deserved it, eh, who cares. Everyone makes a costly mistake now and then. Sometimes mistakes can be undone, sometimes they can't. It's not a matter of "deserving", it simply happens.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. 8)
[+]
 Fairy.Vytiss
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-10-13 00:12:28
Link | Citer | R

ONLY time i've messed up like that, was 4 years ago and the guy was cool about it and returned 80% of my overpayment out of courtesy. p.s. was my "offer"
I wouldn't count on it though.
 Sylph.Osmodomniar
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Osmodomniar 2009-10-13 01:28:55
Link | Citer | R

This isn't a mistake on my part, so it may not be entirely relevant...but along a similar note, several years ago I bought a Triumph Earring +1 for a ridiculously reduced amount and sold it for huge profit days later. The guy who put it up at the AH for really cheap just happened to be doing the "buy it back from himself for 1 gil" thing, and I just caught him in the act. So in that regard, he definitely deserved it. I got no remorse for anyone trying to look like a hot-shot and getting owned.

But as for buying the wrong thing, that really sucks. I hope you get your gilz back (or at least some of it >.>). But hey, at the very least, now you got yourself a pair of some sweet Cuir Highboots.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-13 02:04:11
Link | Citer | R

Osmodomniar said:
This isn't a mistake on my part, so it may not be entirely relevant...but along a similar note, several years ago I bought a Triumph Earring +1 for a ridiculously reduced amount and sold it for huge profit days later. The guy who put it up at the AH for really cheap just happened to be doing the "buy it back from himself for 1 gil" thing, and I just caught him in the act. So in that regard, he definitely deserved it. I got no remorse for anyone trying to look like a hot-shot and getting owned.

I don't know how rare were Triumph Earring +1 on your servers years ago but on mine it was. Selling to yourself was a good way to "bazaar" rare stuff back then. There was no AH.com and you could see who had a copy of this or that rare item though the AH history list then make an offer. More people are probably doing it to show off yes but maybe it was no the case and he did not definitely deserved it! :P

And GL to the OP!
 Ragnarok.Darkdevil
user: Darkdevil
By Ragnarok.Darkdevil 2009-10-13 04:08:33
Link | Citer | R

wish you get your gil back man :)

i make many mistake xD in auction house

like i buy 1 silver Coin for 90k ; ;
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-10-13 05:59:59
Link | Citer | R

One time I bought a single ice crystal for 20k.

It was pretty stupid of me and my LS laughed at me for a month.

Good luck.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-10-13 07:03:21
Link | Citer | R

hope the guy is as nice as this one was.

User submitted image

User submitted image
 Fairy.Vytiss
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-10-13 07:55:46
Link | Citer | R

haha yeah, I remember listing my Super Ribbon for 1337gil, when they were worth a couple mil, thinking i was hot ***.... do those even exist anymore?
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-10-13 08:01:23
Link | Citer | R

People do it all the time, listing things at 1 gil because they're in a hurry.
 Hades.Rictor
By Hades.Rictor 2009-10-13 09:06:22
Link | Citer | R

Self-bump. I figured the ah forum would the best way to get a hold of the seller because I'm pretty sure it was a crafting mule I bought from. Thanks for all the support and non-dickery ;)
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-13 09:25:30
Link | Citer | R

Haha! *Points and laughs.* I've only had like one overpayment and it was a stack/single thing. Fortunately it was only like 30k. I didn't even bother trying to find out who it was and let them keep the nice overpayment. =)

If they want to give it back, they'll look up who sold it. In my opinion, it's not really your place to go tracking them down to make up for your own stupidity.

Next time, try double checking what you're buying if it's a large purchase. When I'm buying something like a Cuchulain's Mantle, I'm triple checking that I'm on the right item first. (Then I bid like 100k just in case someone's being stupid. >.>)
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-10-13 09:32:00
Link | Citer | R

well honestly you should have choose a better name for the thread >< like maybe what you bought by mistake and on what server, stuff you cant see when just reading the title on main page of the thread

hope you get it back^^
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-13 09:53:48
Link | Citer | R

Vytiss said:
haha yeah, I remember listing my Super Ribbon for 1337gil, when they were worth a couple mil, thinking i was hot ***.... do those even exist anymore?
A friend nabbed an HQ Haub because someone on Seraph did that repeatedly. lol Still jealousss.
[+]
 Seraph.Mooshie
Serveur: Seraph
user: Mooshie
By Seraph.Mooshie 2009-10-13 10:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Yep been there done that. Can;t rememeber how much i payed for a wool robe but it was alot, and it wasn't returned. the fiend.

Anyways, Maybe the game now thinks those cuir boots are actually *worth* the 550k. If I were you i'd run and augment them!

While were on this why do people list things for 1 gil to buy them back? I never saw the point of that
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-13 10:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Same! bought an electrum ring for 100k instead of ether ring ><.

In my defence ether and electrum look very similar 1/2 asleep!
 Odin.Aramina
Serveur: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-13 10:38:01
Link | Citer | R

/bump

GL in getting your gil back! It's always "Buyer Beware," but it still sucks to lose your hard-earned gil.

Been there done it myself, but I got lucky and it was only a 10k stack of crystals for me.
 Phoenix.Jovant
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2009-10-13 11:10:18
Link | Citer | R

by far not the worse AH sell ive seen..
i remember a Mercurial Kris sell for 3m like 3 or 4 years ago... i know the seller was pissed! o, for thos of you thats like "well, thats not so bad it cost about 3m now. >.>;" well in the days of CoP release they went for like 30m+, i actaully trade my thf knife for one back then. to me the thf knife was over rated then and still is now >.>; even tho thf knife was running for 80m+ that time still traded it for mercurial and was actually happy with the trade so *meh*
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-13 13:54:32
Link | Citer | R

/bump!
 Fenrir.Takien
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2009-10-13 14:09:25
Link | Citer | R

So ya I just did something similar last week. I used auto translate while half asleep while i was shouting for Heralds gaiters, and my shout said Hermes sandals wanted 15mil. Soo someone jumped on this deal and i got a pair of Hermes for 15mil. I realized my mistake right as i hit the trade button. After some todo I offered the person 5mil for for my mistake, and luckily after a while he accepted the deal to make and easy 5mil and item returned. Granted I gave away 5mil but I got my 10mil back so we both walked away from the deal happy.
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-13 15:06:43
Link | Citer | R

I think you should write off as a rookie mistake.

IF you do get your money back, thats great, but don't count on it.
 Hades.Rictor
By Hades.Rictor 2009-10-13 17:52:45
Link | Citer | R

one last bump. Thanks all for the bumps and comedic anecdotes. sidenote: I made it to #2 for player searches on hades, lulz
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-13 17:53:41
Link | Citer | R

LMAO! yay for cross-server stalking! /BUMP!

Anye examines you.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-10-13 18:11:39
Link | Citer | R

Spent 1.3M on a spider torque on accident instead of 130k, have yet to even see the person online. :(

what i deserve for saying, "I'll get spider torque instead of enfeebling for my alt so I don't use all my gil"

Guess who used all her gil :(
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-13 18:14:33
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:

Hades.Rictor
By Hades.Rictor 2009-10-13 18:23:50
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Korpg said:

First Page 2