Ambuscade Vol.1 April 2019
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-05 15:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Well for one, bar won't do anything for the pets... so.... I mean.... yeah....

"casting the spell" doesn't nullify the effect. Having even 1 elemental resist is what nullifies the effect. (!) Verify?
By sharazisspecial 2019-04-05 16:07:05
Link | Citer | R

If only eraser worked through stun/petrify...
Lol so success rate of pup burn would depend on boss choosing petrify/stun over their other aoe moves. At least no more than 2 times (repair/maintenance.)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-05 16:16:54
Link | Citer | R

You could find a piece of gear that has "pet resist stone +1" if such a thing exists. I don't know if pet elemental resistance is a thing for gear tbh.
VIP
By Lili 2019-04-05 16:59:00
Link | Citer | R

Lili's definitive guide to Meeble ambu, melee style:
- all Meebles are MNK. They have very high counter rate, and it's very strong. If a DD pulls hate, turn away until hate is lost, lest you want to eat 4k counters.
- Bozzetto Breadwinner will perform <element> Meeble Warble TP move. These do moderate AoE damage and apply corresponding debuffs (ex: Thunder will apply Stun+Shock, Stone will apply Petrify+Rasp, etc), and have a (short) ready time, during which you can perform a corresponding elemental barspell to block all aoe damage+debuffs. Can setup React to do this VERY easily, but can also do it manually. I am doing it manually, risk of error is there but it's not difficult to not miss any, especially if you kill quick: Meeble Warble moves go off exactly every 30s, so the faster you kill, the less barspells you need.
- Bozzetto Housemaker will periodically go after the character doing barspells and perform Earthshaker?, a fullers type move that hits for 1k damage per body in range. One person in range = 1000 dmg to that person, 3 persons in range = 3000 dmg to each person. Range is around 20', running away is not impossible provided you're quick. Stoneskin works, DT does not. Phalanx untested but I'm assuming it does.
- Bozzetto Housemaker cannot be killed. If you attack it, it's a wipe.
- 2x Bozzetto Urchin (on VD-D, 1 on N-E, none on VE) will spawn. They are weak (die in 1-2 WS), but hit hard, and will rage after 30s or so.
- when Urchins rage, boss+urchin will perform Hundred Fists, and it's usually a wipe shortly after because they hit VERY hard.
- Breadwinner can perform Hundred Fists even if adds do not spawn/are killed in time (trigger unknown, possibly based on HP%). During HF, it also gains a Slow Spikes effect.
- Urchins can be slept, both Sleepga and Lullaby work. Not sure about BLU sleeps but no reason why it should not.
- Silencing the boss makes it less likely (but still not 0 chance) that Housemaker or Urchins will pop.

Recommended strat:
- RUN (for added DD) + 2x heavy DD + GEO + WHM + BRD, brd doing barspells and being manually manned to run away when (if) Housemaker pops.
- can use PLD instead of RUN but higher chance of losing hate, and lower dps potential = slower kill, more Meeble moves, more chance to mess up.
- can of course use DD COR in place of one of the heavy DDs (...or both)
- WHM and/or GEO should silence Breadwinner on pull and keep it silenced forever. Need decent magic accuracy on VD.
- recommended to overhaste (double march + haste usually enough), to counter the effect of Slow Spikes.
- go to town and it dies quickly before any add can come wreck you.
- Recommended to do barspells from a /whm subjob on one of the buffers instead of WHM. Songs-only BRD is best since they generally don't do anything after singing anyway. Cor/whm also works if brd wants to melee. Geo/whm does too, but you lose the indi- bubble when geo runs out of range for Earthshaker?.
- it IS possible to not do barspells and use Esuna instead, but you're making life unnecessarily hard on yourself. If you don't do barspells you're bad, and I am judging you from across the room.
- Barspells do not need to be casted in retaliation, they can be cast beforehand, will nullify the move as long as the element matches. I believe that the gimmick is about having the barelement buff active, rather than just having the elemental resistance, but I am probably not going to test it.

If your melee DPS is high enough, you can kill a VD silenced Breadwinner before any add has a chance to appear at all (personal record so far: 4:45 with a leech spot.)

Everything else applies to lower difficultied than VD, just with less monster stats, less adds, and a lower dps check.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-05 17:07:42
Link | Citer | R

Incredible write up, only part really missing is the move order.

warble warble (tp move) warble warble (tp move) and Hundred fists is what causes slow-spikes

Also, I am curious about this:
Asura.Eiryl said: »
"casting the spell" doesn't nullify the effect. Having even 1 elemental resist is what nullifies the effect. (!) Verify?

Maybe If everyone locks a warder's charm. It's completely possible to skip bar entirely. That would be a gigantic game changer.
VIP
By Lili 2019-04-05 17:24:29
Link | Citer | R

warble warble (tp move) warble warble (tp move) and Hundred fists is what causes slow-spikes

Thanks. I do not understand the sentence on move order tho, are you saying that HF happens after two Warbles, and it's HF that applies slow?

Maybe If everyone locks a warder's charm. It's completely possible to skip bar entirely. That would be a gigantic game changer.

It would indeed be nice since my whm has both the charm and Carrier's Sash in my idle sets..! Just farm 6x charms and laugh at this Ambuscade, hah.

But I am going out on a limb and assume that it's not about the elemental resistance, it's actually about having the barelement buff active that nullifies the move, like Reraise nullifies Zantetsuken and the likes. It would fit with how this kind of nullification works in other situations. Also, Carols do not work, we tried.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-05 17:25:55
Link | Citer | R

someone test that, that'd be *** if could just lock in warder's charm
 Sylph.Ticktick
Serveur: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2019-04-05 17:29:39
Link | Citer | R

there's also the belt from carby HTB
edit: if carols don't work, then it's probably tied to the actual barspell
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-04-05 17:43:55
Link | Citer | R

Just resistance does not work.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-05 18:04:31
Link | Citer | R

Sorry it was a little unclear.

I think hf is after 3rd warble but it might be hp based. And while hf is active it has slowspikes

Asura.Geriond said: »
Just resistance does not work.
Is 15 insufficient, or does it have to be barspell. Did you try stacking up runes or more than one piece of gear

I did see that carols didn't work though. Interesting that they could make it be barspell only.
VIP
By Lili 2019-04-05 18:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Sorry it was a little unclear.

I think hf is after 3rd warble but it might be hp based. And while hf is active it has slowspikes

Thanks, it makes sense. I think it's HP based personally, during slow runs I haven't seen it do often, during faster runs it can spam it. I edited the post.

It will probably go unread by most people that only read the last 5-6 posts in a thread anyway, but at least it's there for posterity.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-05 18:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Always been a big annoyance. People can't be bothered to scroll up or go one page back..

Everything worth knowing was in that post.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-04-05 18:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Always been a big annoyance. People can't be bothered to scroll up or go one page back..

Everything worth knowing was in that post.
It was!?

Eh! I missed it!

Can you tell me what it said?
 Asura.Creole
user: Creole
By Asura.Creole 2019-04-05 21:31:10
Link | Citer | R

react can i have it?
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2019-04-05 22:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
I'm sorry, but people who use react are pathetic.

And im sure you play 100% Vanilla? Golly gee gosh you're so cool
 Odin.Blizzy
Serveur: Odin
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2019-04-06 06:13:36
Link | Citer | R

A few notes from inside this months ambuscade.
our set up was RUN BRD GEO WHM BLU COR.

we found out BLU offered to Silent Storm at start with Indi Focus on VD and had no issues keeping the mob silenced the entire fight.

Cor Crooked Card Choas roll and a Sam roll. tried ranged damage at first last stand with rank 15 Foul was ok damage 20-25k Last stands, L. Salute was meh with malase but Savage blade spam at 1,000 Tp with my set was a solid 39k-42,000 per weapon skill with blazed Frailty Furry. and made it easier for RUN to hold hate,

Our bard also was was useing savage blade and was able to sustain a 26-28k savage blade spam.

the PUG blu also had final stage ambuscade sword and jumped into savage blade spam. over cdc spam which avraged 30-34k savage blades over cdc which was doing around 23k

Cor Savage blade set.

main= Naegling
sub= Blurred knife +1
ranged= Anarchy +2
head={ name="Lilitu Headpiece", augments={'STR+10','DEX+10','Attack+15','Weapon skill damage +3%',}},
body="Laksa. Frac +3",
hands="Meg. Gloves +2",
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Weapon skill damage +5%','STR+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},
feet={ name="Lanun Bottes +3",
neck="Caro Necklace",
waist="Prosilio Belt +1",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
left_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
 Cpu
By Cpu 2019-04-06 10:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blizzy said: »
A few notes from inside this months ambuscade.
our set up was RUN BRD GEO WHM BLU COR.

we found out BLU offered to Silent Storm at start with Indi Focus on VD and had no issues keeping the mob silenced the entire fight.

Cor Crooked Card Choas roll and a Sam roll. tried ranged damage at first last stand with rank 15 Foul was ok damage 20-25k Last stands, L. Salute was meh with malase but Savage blade spam at 1,000 Tp with my set was a solid 39k-42,000 per weapon skill with blazed Frailty Furry. and made it easier for RUN to hold hate,

Our bard also was was useing savage blade and was able to sustain a 26-28k savage blade spam.

the PUG blu also had final stage ambuscade sword and jumped into savage blade spam. over cdc spam which avraged 30-34k savage blades over cdc which was doing around 23k

Cor Savage blade set.

main= Naegling
sub= Blurred knife +1
ranged= Anarchy +2
head={ name="Lilitu Headpiece", augments={'STR+10','DEX+10','Attack+15','Weapon skill damage +3%',}},
body="Laksa. Frac +3",
hands="Meg. Gloves +2",
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Weapon skill damage +5%','STR+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},
feet={ name="Lanun Bottes +3",
neck="Caro Necklace",
waist="Prosilio Belt +1",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
left_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
Is there anything about the COR or BLU setup and damage that you’re describing that’s unique to this month’s ambu? These seem like standard sets, WS choices, and DMG for any content. I guess mighty guard could be good to overhaste and counter the slow spikes, otherwise I’d rather have the GEO cast silence and bring a better DD.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-06 10:06:09
Link | Citer | R

Nah, he just really wanted to show off his savage blade set somewhere.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-04-06 12:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sirlagieth said: »

There is and always has been a world of difference between QoL addons and using bots to win fights for you.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-06 12:28:44
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »

There is and always has been a world of difference between QoL addons and using bots to win fights for you.

It's all against TOS. No difference.
 Odin.Blizzy
Serveur: Odin
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2019-04-06 12:50:53
Link | Citer | R

We are currently farming some more. currently on blu, not needing indi focus and have not had a resist on silence on blu with vd. Silent Storm has had 100% landing so far. And we have not had Silent Storm come off once, out of the 8 runs so far today, been dealing with 40 page waits, but down to 20 currently. Not haveing to deal with multiple applications of silence is one less thing to worry about. And an emergency White Wind is also nice. Other friends that are farming have reported having issues with GEO RDM WHM keeping a long lasting Silence.
By Aerix 2019-04-06 13:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »

It's all against TOS. No difference.

Sure, it's all against the ToS, but QoL addons don't ruin the game mechanically or economically. Bots not only affect you, but everyone around you, as well.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-06 13:08:48
Link | Citer | R

I would argue that not failing ambuscade is THE most important QOL thing you can have. and by extension, not wasting time in general with fails.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-04-06 13:11:59
Link | Citer | R

It's not like this month's ambuscade is unforgivingly hard. There are several alternatives that would allow you to win, whereas React just makes the fight mindless.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-06 13:12:42
Link | Citer | R

Idiotproof (mindless) is a requirement for assura.
By Aerix 2019-04-06 13:20:13
Link | Citer | R

Those people you dislike so much for filling up the queue are only capable of actually running Ambu because of the very same bots you are defending. They'd likely give up early each month if they didn't have crutches to carry them through the fight.

Note that I'm speaking about Ambu in general here, not this month specifically.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-06 13:27:24
Link | Citer | R

Well, you have two options.

Be unable to win, and solo hundreds.

Or be able to win, clog the queue up for a day, and then be done with it.

Lesser of two evils friend.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-04-06 13:33:40
Link | Citer | R

The people who actually try to solo don't even run with VD/D groups to begin with. Almost nobody who's used to spamming higher difficulties would even bother with the slow solo fights and lower payouts of N and below as there is more rewarding content elsewhere.

The groups who do Ambu even on lower difficulties would do it regardless of bots.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-06 13:42:34
Link | Citer | R

This month (like most months) even the worst players can win N/D (with an assist) You can grab a literally naked soloer tell them to load up react on cor/whm and do literally nothing, and win D. Vs letting him solo and *** up the queue for 30 days.

2 Ds or 3Ns w/ seals and you're done for the month if you want to be.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11