Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-28 15:00:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
edit: why is Battuta 4 vs 5?
Because of 5/5 Rayke?
Granted that was more of a thing back in the days of mage setups for T4s.
Could argue its utility in current days meta, I guess.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-28 15:55:06
Link | Citer | R

BLU has access to mage gear, so we can set that job aside for now since it can be categorized as a mage.
RUN has access to FC native merit JA, so it never has an issue there.

You're then left with - COR/RNG/NIN/MNK/DNC/THF. NIN has near-instant cast spells with the right setup, so no issue there.

WHO CARES about using a valuable reward ring for FAST CAST for COR RNG MNK DNC THF??? It's only useful when you're /NIN for shadows, which is niche to begin with - and barely an impact for the infrequent Utsu casting of any of those jobs even if you do /NIN.

Any one of those jobs have far better uses of a reward ring than a FC piece.

DNC THF: Karieyh for Rudra's

COR: Haverton (best Racc ring, only snapshot ring, DW option) or Karieyh (best Savage Blade ring)

RNG: Can use Haverton for the same reasons as COR. Weatherspoon is indeed a great RNG choice, but that's due to being by far the best TF ring... it's sure as hell not for /NIN FC when you rarely need to /NIN (/DNC or /WAR are nearly always better in any situation but super rare cases of some deadly long-range blinkable AoE requiring shadows - I've chosen /NIN over /DNC like twice in the past year on my Ranger).

MNK: eh... The real answer is that none of the rings are that amazing for MNK, so just don't make your selection based on MNK. But if you had to pick MNK gets even less out of Utsu FC than the rest of the light DDs (since it goes /NIN less often than any of those jobs). I guess maybe Karieyh for Howling Fist, or perhaps Vocane.

You also left off PUP, which does suffer from a lack of great FC gear even relative to the other light DD jobs (no Carmine, no Adhemar, no Ambuscade set pieces with FC, etc.) But again, there are other better ring choices (Thurandaut) if you're a die-hard for that job.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 16:05:01
Link | Citer | R

Capuchin you seriously need to read a bit more before typing these silly rants. The strawmanning is getting old.

I was responding to Byrne about a FC build for melee; my argument was hardly about justifying a Fast cast ring for only light DD jobs. I made a comment and he challenged FC accessibility on those jobs, and I responded to him and Sechs about various FC builds. I stated a handful of times the benefits of Weatherspoon outside of the FC, and I never said it was the best ring to choose for light DD, but it doesn't matter. You're micro-analyzing some ***that wasn't even said.

Weatherspoon ring's FC is a small bonus that is one part several on the ring. Each ring offers a very minor boost in some area, and every ring offers a benefit that other rings do not. Pick which one you want, I do not care, and don't need you to explain which jobs benefit from which rings.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-28 16:15:03
Link | Citer | R

It's absurd that there were 16 posts about melee FC build in the ring topic. Perhaps I gave too lengthy of a response in attempting to shut it down, but the key point remains: STOP IT NOBODY CARES ABOUT FC ON THOSE JOBS.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 16:20:00
Link | Citer | R

Then don't respond.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-28 16:20:50
Link | Citer | R

Quit hijacking legitimate threads with nonsense :)
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-28 18:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Didn't feel like doing Meebles for 1% more FC vs the one from Ramuh. And I imagine most people looking to get a quick set wouldn't bother with it either. Kishar Ring is the real oddity. They seemed to be going with the "Fast Cast for the jobs that have access to native magic", but then strangely included COR on there for some reason. Another case if "shoulda been all jobs".

After RoV, it probably takes less time than building a group to do Ramuh, since nobody wants to, and would be faster to get the drop than doing it on N or D unless you go on THF. I'd say Orunmila's is probably easier to get than you realise.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-28 18:37:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Uh...BLU has access to full Pinga+1 set
Damn I forgot about that SU set, you're right. Granted the +1 is pretty expensive and it's a WHM/SCH/BLU set, not sure I'd call it a "mage set" with so few mage jobs on it lol, but I digress!

Taint said: »
Inspiration really helps RUN keep HP up during casting and makes weatherspoon pretty meh.
Granted I was a super fan of Inspiration and helped me a lot back when it was released, I have it now at 1/5 because I can't cap FC without it, because if I could it would be buh-bye to Inspiration if you ask me, just to have even more Battuta merits.

Inspiration is great but Dispel and Paralysis can make it unreliable in some specific situations. Plus it's -1 to Battuta as I already said!

Don't forget, @ Master, BLU also gets 15 fast cast for free because they have Erratic Flutter set.

Also call me a heretic, but I forego Sleight of Sword and just 5/5 Inspiration because it reduces recast beyond the normal fast cast reduction cap, meaning I get more flash and foil (even Stuns if you're /DRK) than you do.

It can be dispelled, true, but dispel usually hits the last buff that hit you, and if you're doing your rotations it will most likely hit Foil, Phalanx, or Cocoon (and cocoon having a lower recast can also help if/when it does get dispelled).
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-28 18:39:00
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if I'd say it's easier/faster than ramuh, D always drops something, as long as you can solo D you should be able to get it in an hour or so.

Still, meebles is only about 2 hours to unlock yztarg, then 30 min and 1-5m to farm it(tending toward lower end). Spend the mil to have a buddy help on first kill so you don't end up having to refarm if you're a single boxer.

I have Orunmila's on all of my characters and never saw it as that much of a hassle.

(Page late, but people already pretty much got why I considered weatherspoon irrelevant. Every mage can already cap FC with nothing particularly hard to obtain, most with capped QC as well. Even DPS get up near 80 without much trouble. At that point I'd rather have vocane, there's nothing equivalent for DT/hybrid.)
By Taint 2019-03-28 18:56:14
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/10769/gelatinous-ring-1

Covers most jobs.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-28 18:59:11
Link | Citer | R

Not equivalent. BDT is relevant on a few things still, MDT matters if shell gets dispelled(people don't like capping MDT but if anything is going wrong your mages are typically not prioritizing restoring buffs), Cure Received is always a positive, and if you aren't cheating there are a lot of fights where knockback reduction is useful.

It's no comparison if you are using trueflight or cloudsplitter, but weatherspoon is pretty damn marginal otherwise.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-03-28 19:15:23
Link | Citer | R

Shneddick Ring +1 foreva eva
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-28 19:19:52
Link | Citer | R

What's it take to solo Ramuh (Blu+Geo) It's been 4 years since I even looked at an avatar battle. before we even knew what the procs were/did.

No barthunder so what do you just go with vex attune?
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-03-28 19:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Not like you need to do it on VD. Even just solo BLU you would have np. It's a push over and will take you like a minute on N
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-28 19:39:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Not equivalent. BDT is relevant on a few things still, MDT matters if shell gets dispelled(people don't like capping MDT but if anything is going wrong your mages are typically not prioritizing restoring buffs), Cure Received is always a positive, and if you aren't cheating there are a lot of fights where knockback reduction is useful.

It's no comparison if you are using trueflight or cloudsplitter, but weatherspoon is pretty damn marginal otherwise.

My PLD and RUN luas have a check for buffactive['Shell'] and auto-swaps in MDT gear if this returns false. This is something I'd recommend to anyone who is serious about tanking... or even soloing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 19:44:02
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

I got mine for Trueflight specifically, but I didn't know it affected Cloudsplitter. It's lightning damage not light, so unless it's a hidden effect or I've been out of the loop, not sure if this is true.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-28 19:47:16
Link | Citer | R

Also while we are on the subject,

Covers ALL jobs and can have 6MDT 6PDT and 6BDT when farmed from gold boxes in Abyssea. Sure it's a pain to farm them, but it's pretty close to vocane with a perfect one, which likely can free up a slot for you to pick a different ring. Surely if it's important enough to justify Vocane over other rings, it might justify farming one.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-28 19:51:57
Link | Citer | R

Darkring is actually a lot better than vocane sense the BDT is doubled.

(unsure if it was ever really verified)

6MDT and 6BDT = 12 BDT for some reason (or 12 MDT, I forget)